Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Darthy Storms

S.A.F.E. Redshirts Needs To Screen Their Staff Better!!

14 posts in this topic

While I found the Otakon staff to be polite & helpful, the S.A.F.E. Redshirts staff seemed for the most part to be totally lewd, crude & rude. I sat at the left corner of the water fountain area Friday & overheard a lot of rude & lewd comments from S.A.F.E. Redshirts staff about female cosplayers. It's one thing to think it, it's another to verbalize such thoughs where there are ladies & children nearby. No doubt, the S.A.F.E. Redshirts staff is in some serious need of sensitivity training.

BCC staff or SAFE redshirts?

In both cases we've noted a number of complaints and will be addressing them with the appropriate folks. It's worth remembering, though, that there is only so much we can do about it unless you notify us (meaning OTAKON staff) right away.

The S.A.F.E. Redshirts were the offenders!! Thank you, I've made the correction.

Just to clarify a little bit for everyone's sake:

Otakon Staff wore black shirts that said "Otakon STAFF" somewhere on them. We do almost everything.

S.A.F.E. wore red shirts and are a contracted "security" firm/service of/for the BCC. They basically watched doors for badge wearers or troublemakers.

Your complaint, from what I understand, is far from the only one about S.A.F.E., and supposedly there were some far more serious allegations made against them. I would ask that anyone reading this forum that has a serious, very legitimate complaint about S.A.F.E. staff (you saw one drunk on duty, one confiscated your camera/prop and you never saw it again, you were physically struck by one, etc.) please post details here (the more specific, the better). If your complaint warrants reporting to us but you want to keep details private, you may also PM our various higher-ups and ask to be contacted.

To say we're unhappy with the S.A.F.E. situation at the moment is an understatement. It might be safe to say that certain Riot Acts are being read, and "other options are being explored"..........

It seems like to me these "SAFE" employees have no business at all being in the security line of work if they can not handle themselves appropriately. I'm glad to hear Otakon is doing something about them, so bravo!

Is there a website or contact information on this SAFE group? I know you guys are submitting complaints and all but I'd love to personally give them a call and complain about some of the bad experiences with them I had. It gives that little edge and maybe they will learn to bring it legitimate people rather than random people off the street to do security.

It seems like to me these "SAFE" employees have no business at all being in the security line of work if they can not handle themselves appropriately. I'm glad to hear Otakon is doing something about them, so bravo!

Is there a website or contact information on this SAFE group? I know you guys are submitting complaints and all but I'd love to personally give them a call and complain about some of the bad experiences with them I had. It gives that little edge and maybe they will learn to bring it legitimate people rather than random people off the street to do security.

Here's a website for SAFE Management: http://www.safemanagement.net/

And here's their contact info:

S.A.F.E. Management, Inc.

1101 South Russell Street

Baltimore, Maryland 21230

Office: 410-230-8087

Fax: 410-230-8081

E-Mail: safeeventmd@safemanagement.net

Unfortunately, it's a sad truth that these are generally low-paying jobs comparable to your typical mall security guard. You're just not going to get very many outstanding employees --- though despite the criticism I want to emphasize that there are several standouts in SAFE that I would miss if they weren't there. It's a shame that they can't all be as great as that one older guy I talked to a year or two ago, but such is life.

It's one thing to think it, it's another to verbalize such thoughs where there are ladies & children nearby.

For the record, I consider that a sexist statement.

It's one thing to think it, it's another to verbalize such thoughs where there are ladies & children nearby.

For the record, I consider that a sexist statement.

We live in a double standard society mate, though I would agree that it's sexist in that it's making the claim that men can't be offended by someone's actions or words or do not have the right to be and that is just not the case.

Unfortunately, it's a sad truth that these are generally low-paying jobs comparable to your typical mall security guard. You're just not going to get very many outstanding employees --- though despite the criticism I want to emphasize that there are several standouts in SAFE that I would miss if they weren't there. It's a shame that they can't all be as great as that one older guy I talked to a year or two ago, but such is life.

Something to remember too...

If a S.A.F.E. staffer was good, please let us know, and we can let them know.

Good work needs to be rewarded, even if it's only by "Hey! Good job!"

Ugh, I've had bad encounters with SAFE workers the past few years. I'm amused by the fact that I got yelled at for sitting on a railing, but not for my lack of a badge (which was in my bag at the time, but not visible), or my lack of shoes (also in my bag, for that matter!).

Please check the dates of topics before you post in them. If they are over 2 months old, you're necroing really old stuff.

*Topic Lock*