Club Otaku--brilliant medly of crazy awesome.

From video game music to anime intro tunes (in Japanese and English), from mini-raves and shameless danceoffs, from jazz and rock bands forming on the spot to folks who'd been playing together for years...

Yeah. It was all there.

Club Otaku didn't get a whole lot of publicity, but for those of us who ended up hanging around and making some music, it was probably the best part of the con. The dynamic of the music played went from silly to hardcore to irreverent and all the way back to folksy and jazz--we even had one gal who brought her saxophone all the way from FLORIDA, and a metal band who did original songs in Japanese!!

Badassery abounded, and this room NEEDS to make a comeback next year. I miss you folks already, but I know you're still being awesome, wherever you are.

Those of you who took pictures and videos, why not post some links??

From video game music to anime intro tunes (in Japanese and English), from mini-raves and shameless danceoffs, from jazz and rock bands forming on the spot to folks who'd been playing together for years...

Yeah. It was all there.

Club Otaku didn't get a whole lot of publicity, but for those of us who ended up hanging around and making some music, it was probably the best part of the con. The dynamic of the music played went from silly to hardcore to irreverent and all the way back to folksy and jazz--we even had one gal who brought her saxophone all the way from FLORIDA, and a metal band who did original songs in Japanese!!

Badassery abounded, and this room NEEDS to make a comeback next year. I miss you folks already, but I know you're still being awesome, wherever you are.

Those of you who took pictures and videos, why not post some links??

I spent a good chunk of my con in that room. (I was the Sailor Pluto seen running across the screen in the Flute Link video) It was a ton of fun and I'm ecstatic to think that it may be coming back for '09. I think the non-stop rave mix was a very nice touch except when they blew the amp and Esca was doing beat-box with Emmy and I on the maracas/tambourine. Overall I think it was awesome to the max.

I think the non-stop rave mix was a very nice touch except when they blew the amp and Esca was doing beat-box with Emmy and I on the maracas/tambourine.

W00t I am so glad this went off so well, we've been getting nothing but AWESOME feedback since the con ended.

Thanks a TON for everyone who came and hung out with us, it was definitely my favorite Otakon so far. I can't gush enough about the support we received from Otakon staff, especially Omar and Walt, and our techs at DSL (TRAVIS ftw). It blew my mind.

I'm starting a centralized homepage for Club Otaku: Jamspace up here http://baltimorebarcams.com/dom/index.php?title=Jamspace

That's got (or it will have in 10 minutes once I finish typing it) a list of all the videos and pictures and stuff we can find. If you know of more, feel free to let me know so I can post them.

THANKS AGAIN, barring anything disastrous we are hoping to be back next year.

-Dom

Yeeps!! Thanks muchly, Dom--and I'm rather honored that you used my description on the website. ^.^

Too bad you guys can't make AUSA, but hopefully I'll see you next year at Otakon. I might just be a gofer (gofer? Three more weeks of winter?) so maybe I can even help out, if The Powers That Be will allow it. :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.