Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reita-kun

Group Plz?

33 posts in this topic

I've been to Otakon before (only once), and I went with my friend, she was so into her cosplay (which I dont mind) that I was mainly alone through out the whole thing. I would like to be with people of my same interest, which is like everyone who is going to the con, so I'm not alone and what not. So please let me know if I can have people with me ^^.

THANKS!

^_^ YUKI.

I've been to Otakon before (only once), and I went with my friend, she was so into her cosplay (which I dont mind) that I was mainly alone through out the whole thing. I would like to be with people of my same interest, which is like everyone who is going to the con, so I'm not alone and what not. So please let me know if I can have people with me ^^.

THANKS!

^_^ YUKI.

Purple post is purple. o.O

One suggestion to meet people would be to be a gofer! You can volunteer as little as 8 hours and you get to meet all sorts of interesting folks! Plus you get a glimpse of how things are run behind the scenes.

One suggestion to meet people would be to be a gofer! You can volunteer as little as 8 hours and you get to meet all sorts of interesting folks! Plus you get a glimpse of how things are run behind the scenes.

Oh Really?! but see I'm all the way in PA...

Hey, I wanted to stop by and say that your purple Impact-font posts are a little tough to read on some monitors; please try to limit changing the font type/color when you post. Thanks! ^_^

Oh Really?! but see I'm all the way in PA...

Oh did you mean to travel with, hang out at the con with, or just in general to get to know folks?

Hey, I wanted to stop by and say that your purple Impact-font posts are a little tough to read on some monitors; please try to limit changing the font type/color when you post. Thanks! ^_^

yes I agree with the being alone sucks part.. XD.. Though im used to it by now hahaha

anyways id be glad to hang and wondering aimlessly and doing some borderline stupid stuff ^_^

So if ur interested hit me up or just leave a post here... im from PA as well... the Gettysburg reason

(PS [off topic] ... Your location says Bethlehem... that sounds like that one place near Easton, am i correct in this assumption... I ask this only cause i visited Easton a few times cause the japanese teacher in that high school I had through distance learning)

You're never really alone when you go to cons. Every year that I've gone I always run into someone I either know and haven't seen in a long time or total strangers that share the same interests as me. And if you're cosplaying it'll be even easier to come across people to hang out with.

I've never traveled to otakon by myself but there are times during the con that I'll break from my group and go to a panel or something by myself. When this happens I always find someone that wants to hang out - but sometimes I cant because I have to meet up with my friends.

But seriously, you don't have to worry about being alone or by yourself. That won't happen [unless you're a stinky fanboy]

Hey, it's not hard to introduce yourself to people and join up with groups.

Panels are a good place to find people with similar interests and strike up conversations and then from there you can just move on to other places. Otacafe/Karaoke is another awesome place to hang out and meet and greet.

Their is so much to do at Otakon, even if you SOLO, theirs not much to time be bored or be concerned with alone. Great way to meet people is to meetup at any of the photoshoots or go to panels or any interactive workshop!

BTW greetings from the Poconos, live right by Beth!

yes I agree with the being alone sucks part.. XD.. Though im used to it by now hahaha

anyways id be glad to hang and wondering aimlessly and doing some borderline stupid stuff :)

So if ur interested hit me up or just leave a post here... im from PA as well... the Gettysburg reason

(PS [off topic] ... Your location says Bethlehem... that sounds like that one place near Easton, am i correct in this assumption... I ask this only cause i visited Easton a few times cause the japanese teacher in that high school I had through distance learning)

careful, she will eat all your pizza :)

careful, she will eat all your pizza :)

Oh and about volunteering. You don't have to live in the immediate area to volunteer. I'm all the way out in Missouri and I'm still gonna be gofering this year.

Oh and about volunteering. You don't have to live in the immediate area to volunteer. I'm all the way out in Missouri and I'm still gonna be gofering this year.

:] So many Pennsylvania people. Makes me feel more comfortable. xD

This is my first Otakon, and I'm so excited. I would love to meet anyone who wants to chill or whatnot.

Just be careful. I tend to flail my arms a lot and hit people.

I'll be cosplaying as Marluxia (the one who you will probably see trip and fall a lot.) Come glomp me. ;D I love glomps.

:] So many Pennsylvania people. Makes me feel more comfortable. xD

This is my first Otakon, and I'm so excited. I would love to meet anyone who wants to chill or whatnot.

Just be careful. I tend to flail my arms a lot and hit people.

I'll be cosplaying as Marluxia (the one who you will probably see trip and fall a lot.) Come glomp me. ;D I love glomps.

Just to hang out with people at the con, because being alone there SUCKS!

I usually just do things I like and meet people that way...then atleast you have one thing in common...then there's anime...then cosplay and as you can see the list grows fast.

Honestly I perfer to solo since I can get through crowds much quicker alone. With a second person I have to go through the thing of stepping and pivoting on the ball of the back foot mid step to turn sideways while stepping between people...then the other person doesn't practice and I accidentally leave them behind T_T

Aside from picture requests my best time getting from one end of the convention center to the other was something like 3 minutes.

I dont mind meeting new ppl, you can hang out with me, hit me with a pm if you want to meet up

I dont mind meeting new ppl, you can hang out with me, hit me with a pm if you want to meet up

This is only my second con, and I've got people to chill with here and there the weekend, but I could always hang for a few. XD

Also, o hay, bethlehem. I have a penpal from around that way; she's called it "dethlehem". lol. ^^;

This is only my second con, and I've got people to chill with here and there the weekend, but I could always hang for a few. XD

Also, o hay, bethlehem. I have a penpal from around that way; she's called it "dethlehem". lol. ^^;

As a first-timer to an anime con, I'm also looking for friends that I can hang out with.

You know, I went to my first Otakon last year with the hopes we would meet lots of people with similar interests, well that didnt exactly happen, I was there for the full weekend and beyond sharing a few words and complimenting people on thier cosplay, we didnt really "meet" anyone. I would like to hang out with fellow anime fans and what not, but you can honestly go the entire con and not meet a single soul

That said you are more then welcome to hang out with us, and we can be lonely together lol!!

THANKS!

:D YUKI.

Funny thing is this is my 2nd Otakon as well. But I fell in love with it back in 2001. I just couldn't go due to requirements elsewhere after that. Darn band camp and band trips conflicting for nearly 7 straight years.

Funny thing is this is my 2nd Otakon as well. But I fell in love with it back in 2001. I just couldn't go due to requirements elsewhere after that. Darn band camp and band trips conflicting for nearly 7 straight years.

THANKS!

:( YUKI.

Hehe this'll be my 2nd Otakon too! I always love meeting new people! Especially at cons. ^^ I'm from PA too (Pittsburgh).

Send me a PM if ya wanna meet up or anything like that. Elsewise if ya just wanna come say hi, I'll probably be cosplaying Hazuki for a day or two (and probably be the only one doing her black dress =P)

I'm going to be heading solo this year, too. Feel free to PM me if you'd like to meet up!

I'm flying solo too, wouldn't mind chilling. Get at me if you wish.

So is this still going on?