Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

onsenmark

One WEEK Until Otakon 2009!

253 posts in this topic

Well, someone had to do it. In any case, we are at the one-week mark until Otakon(give or take).

Let the mad scramble commence!

*blinks* Egad! I still have things to sell! :D *runs off*

Here's my to do list before Otakon 2009

[]-Finalize schedule (will be finalized on July 13 8pm)

[]-Pack up suitcase

[]-Make mini schedule for g1 phone

[]-Finalize personal convention music playlist for otakon

[]-Play video games to bide time

[]-Buy train tickets for MARC Thursday, Friday, and Amtrak Sunday afternoon

[]-Finish watching anime I bought from previous conventions

[]-Complete have camera and camcorder ready to go (All batteries charged, all memory cleaned out, get a separate memory card reader)

[]-Clean out portable hard disc drive.

[]-Get snacks to buy before con

Eight days until the madness begins!

I'm semi-excited right now..

I guess it wont fully set in until I finish Saturday's Tennis Social matches...currently I'm more excited about playing tennis for 6 hours straight potentially than anime...

I'm semi-excited right now..

I guess it wont fully set in until I finish Saturday's Tennis Social matches...currently I'm more excited about playing tennis for 6 hours straight potentially than anime...

Can't wait, though now I'm pretty much in wait mode until I decide to pack at the last minute.

My to do list before Otakon;

Go to the beach.

Come back from the beach.

XD

It's the FINAL COUNTDOWN!!!!!!! Who's ready for Otakon 2009!!!!!!! Every year 22,000 people from around the world flock to the baltimore convention center for the biggest convention on the east coast. Thiss will be my 8th Otakon and I look forward to it every year, it's almost like the superbowl, wrestlemania, the world series all rolled into one big event.

I did laundry last night. Guess who's packing a week AHEAD!

Yes I am obsessed. Plus I average two outfits per day. Some outfits I don't want to wear while presenting panels. I don't think gonguro and lolita is alright to wear for certain subject I'm coverings. Well I might be lolita for the yaoi panel just to match my Miwako co panelist.

It's the FINAL COUNTDOWN!!!!!!! Who's ready for Otakon 2009!!!!!!! Every year 22,000 people from around the world flock to the baltimore convention center for the biggest convention on the east coast. Thiss will be my 8th Otakon and I look forward to it every year, it's almost like the superbowl, wrestlemania, the world series all rolled into one big event.

Ahh....

I have to help Beloved with pining up a costume tonight...and I have a couple of things to pick up at the store. After that it's some laundry, pack and wait (but I've got TONS of stuff to keep me busy!)

o_________________o

I have SO MUCH CRAP to do still to get ready for the Artist's Alley! Guess who's not sleeping this weekend. Although that might be a good thing - I had this nightmare the other day that the AA got moved to some strange small room and my PVC stand didn't work and I had to carve my backdrop out of these large wax panels and half my merchandise got stolen. ;___;

Accuweather.com says this about Thursday daytime:

High: 88

Accuweather.com says this about Thursday daytime:

High: 88

Go to the beach.

XD

Go to the beach.

XD

I'll have what she's having, please? >>

Go to the beach.

XD

It hasn't set in for me yet either. Still feels like an insane amount away...the most exciting thing that happened to me today was that I finally figured out how to get custom ringtones on my ghetto phone. And I ate too much Chinese food.

Although...my friend is currently ranting about how Vic Mignogna is coming to Otakon. But I see no signs of that. O_o But she seems so excited, I'd hate to burst her bubble...

It hasn't set in for me yet either. Still feels like an insane amount away...the most exciting thing that happened to me today was that I finally figured out how to get custom ringtones on my ghetto phone. And I ate too much Chinese food.

Although...my friend is currently ranting about how Vic Mignogna is coming to Otakon. But I see no signs of that. O_o But she seems so excited, I'd hate to burst her bubble...

Oh, really? That's true...he could be something aside from a featured guest...but you'd think his official site would say something about that then, but his site doesn't have Otakon listed on the convention list.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be pumped if Vic was there. Travis and Vic in the same place seems amazing. =O

Oh, really? That's true...he could be something aside from a featured guest...but you'd think his official site would say something about that then, but his site doesn't have Otakon listed on the convention list.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be pumped if Vic was there. Travis and Vic in the same place seems amazing. =O

I'm notttt...I'm 15. xD Sadness. Oh well. Maybe I'll stop by McDonald's while I'm there, if that's where Vic hangs out...

I'm notttt...I'm 15. xD Sadness. Oh well. Maybe I'll stop by McDonald's while I'm there, if that's where Vic hangs out...

They ARE having a Full Metal Alchemist panel...hrrrrmmm...if I liked Full Metal Alchemist, I'd go to it. xD But I don't...I'm a Vic Mignogna fan because of Ouran.

Go to the beach.

XD

I didn't make any costumes this year (save for my Mario one, but I bought everything for that at Wal Mart!) and the only thing I need money for is my hotel. I've been more or less ready for Otakon since...Otakon ended last year! o_o; I'm pretty excited to go to the beach though!

Aah, Ocean City...that's where I bought my pet hermit crab...good times, good times.

This time next week...we'll have about an hour before the line begins to move.

*pant**pant**pant**pant**pant**pant**pant**pant*

I know, I'm gonna be in that line around 9:00am

I'm not gonna be in the line at all...I shall be in the pre-reg line in the morning on Saturday...

Work all next week will be me rocking back and forth in my chair waiting for Thursday to come...

Well...driving from central New York to Baltimore does seem like getting out of the house! You get your wish. =O I don't plan on getting out of the house after this Saturday...which is depressing...but oh well...who needs a social life?

I got 4 days of work left until I start my vacation on Tuesday which involves me going to Warped Tour in Columbia on Tuesday then relaxing and seeing Harry Potter 6 on Wed before going to pre reg on Thursday. I have a few things to get done before the con like get the Japanese Wrestling Panel presentation finished and work on a pamphlet for something else.

I got 4 days of work left until I start my vacation on Tuesday which involves me going to Warped Tour in Columbia on Tuesday then relaxing and seeing Harry Potter 6 on Wed before going to pre reg on Thursday. I have a few things to get done before the con like get the Japanese Wrestling Panel presentation finished and work on a pamphlet for something else.

One week till Otakon (Flying out Thursday morning!) and my laptop mobo blows out on me.

sakl;jgs;lkgsa sucks to be a panelist right now :(

One week till Otakon (Flying out Thursday morning!) and my laptop mobo blows out on me.

sakl;jgs;lkgsa sucks to be a panelist right now :(

I need to do my packing some time soon... lucky for me I've only got two more work days left. The rest I'm off to do as I please. Heck yeah.

I'm way too excited to be volunteering this year. No. Really. I am. XD I haven't gotten to gofer proper at a con since ye old days of I-CON when my mother actually went and took me along. Good times man. Good times.

WHOO SO 'CITED

I gave up on one of my cosplays (I'll do her for AnimeUSA in November) because I ran out of time. However I am currently repairing my favorite cosplay, and while it's tedious I AM SO EXCITED.

ONE WEEK TILL I HAVE MY OTAKON 2009 BADGE! :(

im excited! i just finnished some last minute stitching for my chobits dress and now im waiting till saturday to use my 50% off cupon to get the model magic to attempt to make yet a seccond pair of chii ears because im too nit picky T^T! TALK ABOUT CALLING IT CLOSE! cant wait! and i agree!! thank you so much otakon staff for making pre reg open till 11! thats cool! :(:P

Oi, well. I gotta go have my graduation party tommorow, so I'm excited about that.

Then I still have to make a set of wings and a mask for my zubat costume, then I'll be all ready :x.

Anyone know how to easily pack a wig into the back of a car?

Wheee! I can't wait otakon is soooo close------AND I STILL HAVENT SOWED UP MY YUUKI COAT YET TT____TT;;; ::grabs sowing kit:: Off to work!

Well this is gonna be a first in my life. My very first anime con, and I really hope I can accomplish the goals I said I wanted to do at this thing. But if there's one thing I won't do, it's dress up. Sorry people, cosplaying isn't my thing. But I do know just the right clothes to wear.

haha I wont even pack anything till the day before, then I'll get there and know i forgot something.

I still have so much to do! I just finished buying all the pieces for my costume today! And then I have to pack and buy groceries... I like it when things get crazy though- that's when you know you're having fun :P

I'm not even close to being ready. I'm still waiting for the final piece of my Friday cosplay to come in, I need to finish a few pieces for the other costumes, and then the packing process begins. My boyfriend and I will be driving from PA to DE and then to Baltimore on Thursday...and then its gofer orientation for me. I'm excited but just worried that I won't get everything finished on time O.o.

There will be very little sleep til Otakon...and during Otakon lol.

I'm not even close to being ready. I'm still waiting for the final piece of my Friday cosplay to come in, I need to finish a few pieces for the other costumes, and then the packing process begins. My boyfriend and I will be driving from PA to DE and then to Baltimore on Thursday...and then its gofer orientation for me. I'm excited but just worried that I won't get everything finished on time O.o.

There will be very little sleep til Otakon...and during Otakon lol.

Arghh! All this talk of laundry reminding me I need to figure out what to do, since the my usual Sunday times aren't really practical next weekend... that and I need to go flip the load in there now. *scurries off*

Im hoping to go to work next week to make some more for the con. Im a waitress and i spent all of my money on a camping trip to Knobels. Damn that place and there good food and awesome rides....

I just washed clothes so i might aswell start packing but knowing me i wont till the very last minute on thursday.

It hasnt hit me yet tho. It will on the ride there seeing the signs for baltimore and 81 South! I can imagin it already!!!! Cant wait.

Oh, yeah, when I get on the road, THAT'S when I'll get hyper.

The thing is, we go up the same road that we go up to get to Otakon all the time...like, in order to get to my dentist we have to go through the same town and everything...and when we happen to go through that town when it's dark and the streetlights are on...it reminds me of how it looked when we drove through there at 2 AM to get to Otakon and it makes my stomach feel all excited. xD It does that no matter how far Otakon is away now and it's kinda annoyingggg.

Selling some stuff of mine in a last minute desperation measure for extra con cash... Also borrowing $50 from the parents. > 3<