Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

josephbarnett36

I dread the war about to ensue but... K-Pop or J-Pop?

34 posts in this topic

J-Pop. All the way. Can't stand K-Pop. Though I'm more of a J-Rock fan anyways xD

It is permissible to be a fan of several different things, you know.

It is permissible to be a fan of several different things, you know.

Both of course

in fact they are about the same to me. in an I-can't-completely-understand-what-is-being-said-in-either kind of way

I equally enjoy and look for both (it's pop in English I don't look for XD A-pop? XD )

I like both, but some people drill me for liking "crappy anime Jpop"

As in, I should be listening to Jpop that isn't in anime. Sorry bro, I get 90% of my Jpop from anime.

Thus, I feel a lot better when I listen to Kpop.

My opinion is that J-pop seems to sounds more varied than K-pop. Most K-pop to me all sounds like super junior and Girls' Gen. I still like both, but if I had to pick it would be J-pop. Now, I like K-r&b much better

I like both, but if I had to choose between the two genres then definitely k-pop. I follow certain k-pop bands (Big Bang, Girl's Generation, B2ST, Clazziquai) so I feel more invested in the artists, whereas with j-pop I just listen to whatever's currently popular.

From what i know of it all i like jpop and the little i do know comes from my anime watching as well

I like both but I'm more into K-Pop than J-pop, though I also like J-rock and K-R&B. B)

More into the RnB, myself. I lean more towards the Japanese side. However....partially due to the fact that Korean confuses me, a little. That...and their pop is....TOO cutesy. (It puts japan to shame in the overly cutesy department.) I enjoy both, though. I'm still exploring C-Pop....I like Jolin Tsai. ^_^ Wilber Pan is pretty cool, too.

There's way too much music out there to be tied down to one. =D

I like both but I always joke that Kpop is like Jpop but with talent. :P

What I mean by that is that in Kpop most of the time the dances are a lot more intense and if you listen to them live you can see those groups can really sing! I'm not a fan of the overly autotuned sound in a lot of Jpop. But as I said I like both.

Both & neither. Depends on the artist and song. Some of BoA's more upbeat songs sound better in Japanese while her ballads sound better in Korean. I prefer my rock in Japanese & hiphop in Korean o_O? The languages seem to flow better.

I prefer my rock in Japanese & hiphop in Korean o_O? The languages seem to flow better.

I prefer my rock in Japanese & hiphop in Korean o_O? The languages seem to flow better.

totally agree with this. hip hop and r&b sound better in korean - it does flow better

If you could tell me who is good in hip hop for Korean, please. I've yet to hear a Korean rapper that has gotten my attention. Whereas I've got Japanese ones I like. I'd appreciate the help, thank you.

If you could tell me who is good in hip hop for Korean, please. I've yet to hear a Korean rapper that has gotten my attention. Whereas I've got Japanese ones I like. I'd appreciate the help, thank you.

I recommend listening to Epik High or Drunken Tiger. :D I've been a fan of both bands for awhile now.

Okay, will do, and thanks.

The C-pop, well I'm familiar with Jay Chou and Wang Leehom. Not the other two, though. I think Justin Lo was my first introduction to that....either that or Wilber Pan. (I'm thinking it's the Latter)

I'll take all music for the win B)

If I have to pick one, J-Pop. For the sole reason that I think the Japanese language sounds smoother and more pleasant to listen to than Korean or Chinese.

I personally like both. Although when I want more Rock, I tend to go for Jrock and pop, but when I just want dancing music or just fun stuff....Or beautiful boys singing in my ears I go for Kpop.

I'm really not picky, although Jpop is easier to sing along with.

I actually like both, but it depends on the song for me. I listen to K-Pop more nowadays as it grew on me, but I still listen to J-Pop every now and then.

can't help my bias, being a j-pop fan before years ago and has forever abandoned it to join the K-POP side.

Though K-POP now a days is starting to sound a bit meh, I still enjoy it more.

The only k-pop I know is Boa. I'm not a big fan of the genre.

I love J-rock and K-pop/rap/hip hop (which is funny cause i hate all three of these in america). But this all depends on the groups too, cause I can't stand all of them.

Okay, will do, and thanks.

The C-pop, well I'm familiar with Jay Chou and Wang Leehom. Not the other two, though. I think Justin Lo was my first introduction to that....either that or Wilber Pan. (I'm thinking it's the Latter)

really enjoy both because you can always find something interesting. have also explored CPOP - Vangie Tang, BY2 and Won FU which are good, then went into Mongolian Pop/Rock which is very interesting - 3 OHIN,AMINA, ANU amd KIWI are faves along with YAKSA, OXYGEN CAN, RAKASASA(heavy metal/thrash),

I can't believe I even started this thread lol I was mistaken anyways. The genre I love is J-Rock, not pop. Honestly I'm not saying K-Pop is bad, I just can't stand it because all I've seen (and believe me, plenty floods my facebook news feed) is boy bands trying to be all... what's the word I'm looking for... girly? lovey-dovey? I love groups like Abingdon Boys School, Nightmare, etc. I guess typical anime songs haha

thats a tough question i can't decide guess I'm neutral smile.png

I quite enjoy both. However, I tend to find the Japanese language more interesting to listen to, so I tend to lean a bit more towards J-Pop.

Neither! A-Rokku at Nippon Buddokan! (Grinning, ducking, and running) biggrin.png

I think I prefer my rock and hip hop in Japanese and my dance and pop in Korean but really I think I'm pretty neutral I'll listen to anything if it's got a good beat, melody and I can rock out to it.

As a side note just wondering do you ever have people ask you what you're listening to and when you tell them, they ask oh cool so you speak (insert language here) and then they give you a funny look when you say no. Hah I feel like I should be learning the languages so I understand the music more in depth but sadly I don't have time to dedicate to learning a new language(s).

Oh dear ... Im not really a j-pop man im more visual kei person, however i can't stand k-pop, for the reason i have only heard almost all of the boy bands, i did try to give it a go. I only really like secret but yeah.

More Kpop than Jpop. But I do like both :D

Kpop makes me inexplicably happy, but Jpop and Jrock will always be my first loves.