Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

achellios

21+ Meetup: Pratt Street Ale House, Team Bravo

68 posts in this topic

All:

First, to clarify: if Sassadri has PMed you and said you're in her Pratt Street Ale House Group, this is the thread you want: /index.php?showtopic=20676">http://board.otakon.com/index.php?showtopic=20676

If you're looking for the 21+ meetup at the Diamond Tavern, you want this thread: /index.php?showtopic=21387&hl=">http://board.otakon.com/index.php?showtopic=21387&hl=

However, if you're looking to save your money for the Dealer Room and you're a fan of fine craft beers, this is the place to be.

Sassadri has run a Pratt Street meetup for a couple of years now, and by all accounts it's a fantastic place. Her first group of 20 filled up quickly, so I called in a second reservation for 8pm on Thursday, July 28th. I'm pretty stoked.

If you'd like to join us, reply to this topic and I'll see you right, or feel free to PM me for further details.

Humbly yours in inebriation,

Josh

EDIT: Food menu: http://www.prattstreetalehouse.com/site/wp...SA-FoodMenu.pdf

And beer menu: http://www.prattstreetalehouse.com/site/wp...e-Beer-Menu.pdf

I may be intrigued, but odds are I'll be here at SOME point during the weekend, anyway...

A quick postscript to Lum1n3s--is there any way you can make it on Thursday night? I can give you a lift, if you're in the DC area, or not TOO far south.

I do enjoy saving money. :D I'm very interested.

Count me in, plus 2!

What time are you planning to do this and for how long? I have so much unknown at this point, I may not be able to commit until I get there.

What time are you planning to do this and for how long? I have so much unknown at this point, I may not be able to commit until I get there.

i'll join in as well.

I love hedging bets! I think I'll be a busy lady on thursday :) Maybe we should start a line meetup LOL

I'm in with a +1 :)

Fellow fans of Otakan inebriation:

Just got back from a Baltimore scouting run with GalefreyRises, and holy helatia, am I stoked for this meetup. We checked out Diamond Tavern, Pratt Street Ale House, Kona Grill, and Uno's. Conclusion: this is going to be a lot of fun.

Pratt Street Ale House gave us a 20-person reservation for their outdoor patio (just off the main thoroughfare, right across from the BCC) starting at 8pm and going until whenever. Galefrey generously offered to merge his group with ours, so we should have no trouble producing bodies to meet and exceed that quota. There were a couple of early happy hour spots that will make for excellent pregaming, Gofer duties notwithstanding, and Galefrey will be on-site at the Ale House for the duration thereafter.

In short: I's excited. If Galefrey is any indication, we are going to make some fantastic friends at the con this year. Hope to see y'all on the patio!

Postscript for MalaikaDream: I like where you're head's at. You will go far in this world.

Well I won't be at any of them I don't go to Pratt Street don't like there selection of Bee.r have fun be safe

To go or not to go, that is the question I can't seem to answer... :)

I was signed up for Galefrey's meetup. Since they're being merged, could you post some sort of list of attendees? I'm curious as to where we're at with people.

Yes we are merging all the meets together. It was better this way since some meets were getting full. We didn't want to have a lot of empty spots. Together we will be able to have one hell of a night. Plus it is only 30 feet from "MY" original setup. If you guys have any questions please PM or Post up here.

Thank You.

8:30PM

1.Glen

2. Yvonne+1

3.Tavon +1

4.Dave + 1

5.Evan

6.Gasper

7.Josh

8.MalaikaDream+1

9.Traivon

13 people so far

July 28th Thursday

dont forget to add me in as well

Yes we are merging all the meets together. It was better this way since some meets were getting full. We didn't want to have a lot of empty spots. Together we will be able to have one hell of a night. Plus it is only 30 feet from "MY" original setup. If you guys have any questions please PM or Post up here.

Thank You.

8:30PM

1.Glen

2. Yvonne+1

3.Tavon +1

4.Dave + 1

5.Evan

6.Gasper

7.Josh

8.MalaikaDream+1

9.Traivon

10.Otakuru +2

11.Graelyn

12.Jtgamer

18 people so far

July 28th Thursday

We have our goal so far. If anyone is still interested in coming out to the meet feel free to post up here. After our little "foot recon" this afternoon, we realize that an outdoor spot could accommodate more people if needed. I will be there all night. So if any of you are coming in later say 10pm, feel free to pm your cell# so you can keep in contact with us. Our initial goal is a complete take over of the venue with an OTAKU BRIGADE ^_^.

Thank You.

July 28th Thursday

800 PM

1.Glen

2. Yvonne+1

3.Tavon +1

4.Dave + 1

5.Evan

6.Gasper

7.Josh

8.MalaikaDream+1

9.Traivon

10.Otakuru +2

11.Graelyn

12.Jtgamer

13.Fatwhiteguy +1

20 people so far

See that was the issue with the 1st meet up limiting to only X amount of folks if you guys had just wait till Moday I would have had a feal in place at Hard Rock for unlimit amount of folks.

Why have a meet up if your only going to set # limits kind of defeats the whole meet up idea. Oh well like I said you guys have fun maybe next time you will wait before jumping the gun.

Man, the beer menu at this place looks fantastic. I'm usually not a beer drinker but I may have to make an exception for this event. I can't wait for this!

Agreed--part of the reason this place stood out! Galefrey and I tried the Best Bitter and a draft summer ale that escapes my mind now, but both were pretty tasty. (Then we trouped over to Uno's and amused the bar-goers with an enthusiastic Battlestar Galactica debate.)

And that was just TWO of us. The Ale House won't know what hit it come the 28th. :)

Agreed--part of the reason this place stood out! Galefrey and I tried the Best Bitter and a draft summer ale that escapes my mind now, but both were pretty tasty. (Then we trouped over to Uno's and amused the bar-goers with an enthusiastic Battlestar Galactica debate.)

And that was just TWO of us. The Ale House won't know what hit it come the 28th. :)

WOW I'm not a big drinker but that beer menu makes me think of Pokemon got to drink them all LOL this is going to be fun

We have our goal so far. If anyone is still interested in coming out to the meet feel free to post up here. After our little "foot recon" this afternoon, we realize that an outdoor spot could accommodate more people if needed. I will be there all night. So if any of you are coming in later say 10pm, feel free to pm your cell# so you can keep in contact with us. Our initial goal is a complete take over of the venue with an OTAKU BRIGADE .

Thank You.

July 28th Thursday

800 PM

1.Glen

2. Yvonne+1

3.Tavon +1

4.Dave + 1

5.Evan

6.Gasper

7.Josh

8.MalaikaDream+1

9.Traivon

10.Otakuru +2

11.Graelyn

12.Jtgamer

13.Fatwhiteguy +1

20 people so far

9-10pm

1.Chris +1

Still room for one more at 8pm. Someone has removed their guest.

After our little "foot recon" this afternoon, we realize that an outdoor spot could accommodate more people if needed. I will be there all night. So if any of you are coming in later say 10pm, feel free to pm your cell# so you can keep in contact with us. Our initial goal is a complete take over of the venue with an OTAKU BRIGADE .

Thank You.

July 28th Thursday

800 PM

1.Glen

2. Yvonne

3.Tavon +1

4.Dave + 1

5.Evan

6.Gasper

7.Josh

8.MalaikaDream+1

9.Traivon

10.Otakuru +2

11.Graelyn

12.Jtgamer

13.Fatwhiteguy +1

19 people so far

9-10pm

1.Chris +1

Well I won't be at any of them I don't go to Pratt Street don't like there selection of Bee.r have fun be safe

Us Jersey Otaku Bros. want to stop by too =D

That's 2 of us and we would love to join everyone!

And I don't like beer at all! Actually the only alcohol I really do like is the harder things :D

And I don't like beer at all! Actually the only alcohol I really do like is the harder things ;) But I'm still going to meet up and have fun! You can still have fun if you're not drinking, lol. I'm sorry that the second didn't ask you first, but plans change and the thing I've learned in my years at Otakon, you have to be flexible, because you can't count on anything going how you want it to! Just gotta relax and have fun whatever happens :)

@jtgamer Awesome! you're coming too huh :D I won't be totally alone lol

Hello - I'd love to attend, please add me to the 9pm list. I had a chance to try some of the beers last year, it was great and the staff were knowledgeable with their brewing process. I'm looking forward to getting down there again this year.

Still room for one more at 8pm. Someone has removed their guest.

After our little "foot recon" this afternoon, we realize that an outdoor spot could accommodate more people if needed. I will be there all night. So if any of you are coming in later say 10pm, feel free to pm your cell# so you can keep in contact with us. Our initial goal is a complete take over of the venue with an OTAKU BRIGADE .

Thank You.

July 28th Thursday

800 PM

1.Glen

2. Yvonne

3.Tavon +1

4.Dave + 1

5.Evan

6.Gasper

7.Josh

8.MalaikaDream+1

9.Traivon

10.Otakuru +2

11.Graelyn

12.Jtgamer

13.Fatwhiteguy +1

19 people so far

9-10pm

1.Chris +1

2.Heekun

And I don't like beer at all! Actually the only alcohol I really do like is the harder things :P

Trouble. ;)

Jersey Otaku Bros, what time do you think you'll be getting into town?

Word. We'll add you into the 9pm slot for now, but show up whenever you're ready and we'll rock.

Holy smokes, it's a week and two days til party time. Glen, do we have email addresses for everyone? If so, I'll shoot out a quick confirmation. If anyone hasn't already, please PM me or GalefreyRises an email address so we can stay in touch on game day (I tried PMing through the site on my phone this weekend and had a little trouble--I'm thinking email will be easier and faster going forward).

Thank You.

July 28th Thursday

800 PM

1.Glen

2. Yvonne

3.Tavon +1

4.Dave + 1

5.Evan

6.Gasper (maybe with +3) :P

7.Josh

8.MalaikaDream+1

9.Traivon

10.Otakuru +2

11.Graelyn

12.Jtgamer

13.Fatwhiteguy +1

14.Jersey Otaku Bros+1

9-10pm

1.Chris +1

2.Heekun

Good thing we chose the outdoor seating for this meet. ;)

Are you guys going to the Matsuri Festival? My G/F and I are going the will probally meet up with you guy bummer that all the earlier slots are taken :-(

I definitely will be, and I'm pretty sure Glen is in too. Don't sweat the exact times--come whenever you're ready, and if needs must I'll pop outside for a stroll so others can have my seat.

But like Glen said, given that this is loosely-regulated outdoor seating, I think we'll be fine with a laissez-faire policy. If for some reason we do have to cap attendees, I promise we're not the only party in town. ;)

Word. We'll add you into the 9pm slot for now, but show up whenever you're ready and we'll rock.

Holy smokes, it's a week and two days til party time. Glen, do we have email addresses for everyone? If so, I'll shoot out a quick confirmation. If anyone hasn't already, please PM me or GalefreyRises an email address so we can stay in touch on game day (I tried PMing through the site on my phone this weekend and had a little trouble--I'm thinking email will be easier and faster going forward).

I have all of their cell#. I've been keeping up that way. You can gather their email if you need it for a group reminder. The top few on the list are my co workers that I see everyday, and a couple others are from face book. So far everything is looking good on my end. I just need to update the list.

Thank You.

July 28th Thursday

800 PM

1.Glen

2. Yvonne

3.Tavon +1

4.Dave + 1

5.Evan

6.Gasper (maybe with +3) :P

7.Josh

8.MalaikaDream+1

9.Traivon

10.Otakuru +2

11.Graelyn

12.Jtgamer

13.Fatwhiteguy +1

9-10pm

1.Chris +1

2.Heekun

3.tstidm1

4.Jersey Otaku Bros + 1

Fixed the list up.

Korrupt3dazn, don't worry about the time slots. It's just for our connivence if we need to alter the reservation. Plus it's out door on the patio so it's pretty laid back. Shouldn't be too hard to grab some extra tables. I'll pm you my number so you call us. If you want to hang out at the festival let me know I'm down for whatever. I'll be going somewhat alone, since 3 of my friends won't be showing up. ;)

In other news, I finally got a chance to take a good long look at the beer list. Ones I have to try on Thursday next (eep!):

- Ironhorse Pale Ale

- Old Habit

- Dark Horse

- Brewer's Choice

- ESB

...and a Bishop's Breakfast for dessert. Mouth. Watering. Anyone see any other must-tries, or brews they'd highly recommend?

I can't wait to start trying all the deffrent beers. These are the ones Im going to try first

Irish Red

3 lions ale

Scottish Ale

ESB

and I have to try Hot Monkey Love

after that I will try to work my way threw the rest of the menu LOL

Hey all, room for 3 more maybe? We'll be coming in from Jersey and would love to meet and drink with new people! As it stands now I would like to at least pop in and hangout after 8pm, but not 100% sure about it being as lots of things are up in the air for Thursday night. I don't wanna end up taking a space from someone who can make it and then not be able to go. But if there is extra room sign us up!

Pssh, like hell you will. :)

Thank You.

July 28th Thursday

800 PM

1.Glen

2. Yvonne

3.Tavon +1

4.Dave + 1

5.Evan

6.Gasper (maybe with +3)

7.Josh

8.MalaikaDream+1

9.Traivon

10.Otakuru +2

11.Graelyn

12.Jtgamer

13.Fatwhiteguy +1

9-10pm

1.Chris +1

2.Heekun

3.tstidm1

4.Jersey Otaku Bros + 1

5.XxAdalwulfxX +2(maybe) :)

LOOKS LIKE THIS IS GOING TO BE A GOOD TURN OUT. OTAKU BRIGADE SET AND READY!

This is a check up to see all those who plan to attend the meet. I currently have about a third of everyone's cell#. if I do not have it or you do not have mine please let me know by PM. There are still a few maybes on the list so anyone still interested let me know. Our initial goal is a complete take over of the venue with an OTAKU BRIGADE .

Thank You.

July 28th Thursday

800 PM

1.Glen

2. Yvonne

3.Tavon +1

4.Dave + 1

5.Evan

6.Gasper (maybe with +3)

7.Josh

8.MalaikaDream+1

9.Traivon

10.Otakuru +2

11.Graelyn

12.Jtgamer

13.Fatwhiteguy +1

9-10pm

1.Chris +1

2.Heekun

3.tstidm1

4.Jersey Otaku Bros + 1

5.XxAdalwulfxX +2(maybe)

LOOKS LIKE THIS IS GOING TO BE A GOOD TURN OUT. OTAKU BRIGADE SET AND READY!

I might stop by between 8 and 10 I have quite a few photo shoots lined up during this time including with a few of the folks who might be coming.

This is a check up to see all those who plan to attend the meet. The list below has been updated as well. If anyone is unable to make it pm me here or call if you have my cell#. I currently have about a third of everyone's cell#. if I do not have it or you do not have mine please let me know by PM. There are still a few maybes on the list so anyone still interested let me know. Our initial goal is a complete take over of the venue with an OTAKU BRIGADE .

Thank You.

July 28th Thursday

800 PM

1.Glen

2. Yvonne

3.Tavon +1

4.Dave + 1

5.Evan

6.Gasper (maybe with +3)

7.Josh

8.MalaikaDream+1

9.Traivon (maybe)