Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

musicalbento

2012 Cosplays

172 posts in this topic

I don't care how early it is, I'm already thinking up ideas for my first cosplay of an Otakon EVER.

Since I like to stay in character and try to match up perfectly, I think I'm going to try going as K` from KoF - he's my favorite character, and he matches my skintone! I'm also going to try getting down Kilik from Soul Eater but that'd be kind of hard since his hair is so wacky.

What are you guys thinking of cooking up for next year?

This was my first otakon and my first cosplay (I was the "sexy" Riza Hawkeye on Sat. and Sun.) I don't know what I'm going to go next year but based on all the wonderfully positive comments I got I think I'm up to entering the Costume contest next year! Thanks to all for making this a wonderful first con for me!

Oh I started thinking brainstorming as soon as I knew we were having a baby. In fact the ideas are divided between whether the baby can walk or not so I'm good through 2013. :(

It depends on a couple of different scenarios. Though my husband loved his Wallachia costume and looked fantastic in it I'd be lying if I didn't say it was anything but an utter misery putting it together. So I've been making a big push for costumes where the pieces can be mostly purchased.

If it's the two of us without the baby:

He repeats Wallachia and I'll be vampire Sion from "Melty Blood" like we originally planned to do this year.

- If my sister also joins us, she'll probably be Satsuki.

On the way home we were also talking about going as Junichiro Koizumi and Taizō Sugimura from "The Legend of Koizumi". If we had more cosplaying friends that loved this manga as much as we did we'd LOOOOOOOVE to go as the five Champions from Earth (Koizumi, Putin, "Papa" Bush, Benedict XVI, and Tymoshenko). But with just two people the best we can do is the hero and the butt-monkey sidekick.

If it's the two of us with the baby:

He repeats Wallachia and I'll be a Kangaskahn gijinka.

Also 20-something Gendo and Yui Ikari with baby Shinji in tow. I don't know if we're having a girl or a boy but at 6 months who really cares?

Don't quote me on this, but I might do classic Mega Man.

Maybe.

Either him, or Quote from Cave Story.

I will definitely have the green pilot jumpsuit for Aaeru from Simoun. It's the last cosplay outfit I really need for her. I'm also either going to do Kyouko or Mami from Puella Magi in the magi outfit. Not sure which character I want to do yet, but I'm leaning toward Kyouko.

Currently planning to go with my old stand-by, Ash the Stampede...with a few improvements from last time. I may haul my Gryffindor robe along, too, as I haven't done Hermione in quite some time.

I have a sister, and we eventually want to go as Alucard and Integra. But that may be too ambitious for 2012. I think we look enough alike that we could pull off Hikaru and Kaoru from Ouran, though.

I'm keeping my eyes peeled for good ideas. I feel like I'm a little behind on what's popular nowadays.

I'm thinking I'm going to try something big involving sewing circuits/wires and creating armor . . . I see this as a opportunity to push my sewing/crafting techniques. Problem is, I'm probably going to be doing an overdone character but I figure if I do it well, overdone won't matter - plus it means a lot of people will recognize me!

Plus next year I think I'll be dragging the boy with me . . . though he says there is no way I am getting him to cosplay.

My cosplay Group as Already decided to do Fairy Cube. I'm going to be Kaito. *Points to Avatar*

Still deciding about whether or not I'll have his chest Tattoos though. (I have an idea about how to do them even though I'm a girl.)

And I'll definitely have my friends Nanami and Phantomhoodie as Ainsel and Rin with me. The status of our Ian is still undecided.

If even one person recognizes us and wants our picture, I'll be happy.

My friend actually suggested (since I've resolved to get in shape for K') going as Laharl and/or Vyers (Dark Adonissssssss) from the Disgaea series.

The wings/scarf would be a pain to make/get my hands on though. :)

I'm planning on doing some Sexy-No-Jutsu's I'm debating on the who though. I've narrowed it down to Itachi, Kakuzu, Sasori, Gaara, and Hidan. I think I'll do Gaara since the tattoo is a given.

Rose is coming back next year. I haven't decided which outfit yet, but she is coming back. I'm also going to try for a Sarah Jane or Liz because there will probably be a Bessie. :angry:

I may work on another pony or bring back Applejack. I will probably add and drop over the next year. The only one that is certain is Rose.

My cosplay Group as Already decided to do Fairy Cube. I'm going to be Kaito. *Points to Avatar*

Still deciding about whether or not I'll have his chest Tattoos though. (I have an idea about how to do them even though I'm a girl.)

And I'll definitely have my friends Nanami and Phantomhoodie as Ainsel and Rin with me. The status of our Ian is still undecided.

Fairy Cube? Seriously? I LOVE Kaori Yuki. If I see you (and I will be watching) I promise to be the person to ask for your picture, haha. (>_<)

Hopefully, i'll be able to go next year, since it will be my first Otakon. I'm already super jealous my friend went AND made out with someone who I hope to make out with in the futre: Sephiroth!!! I just hope I can go next year.

Things to bring to Otakon next year,

Noctis Lucis Caelum-Final Fantasy Versus XIII

Tia Halibel-Bleach

Xemnas-Kingdom Hearts 2

Kadaj (maybe)-Final Fantasy VII

Zidane (maybe)-Final Fantasy 9.

I hope to meet a lot of awesome people there next year!

if money allows

Pi-chan from Health Education for 30-Y-Os

Some Vocaloid outfit

Some Pokemon gijinka

and whatever I pick up durring the next year XD

Well... this past year I only went on Saturday and I was Sebastian Michaelis...

But this upcoming year (2012) I'm going all 3 days, with my friends, and the first day I'm Grell Sutcliff, then Allen Walker, then Sebastian again

I'm tired of doing characters that die the 1st/2nd time you see them XD. So I'm either going to be a Shiny Yanmega gijinka, one of the Siestas from Umineko, or both. Though if my group doesn't fall apart his time I may be Peach too.

I'm planning to go as Tifa Lockhart from Final Fantasy vii.

Pretty old, but I don't care because it's going to be my very first cosplay.

Plus, my friend is going as Cloud Strife and we're trying to make another friend go as Yuffie.

Hopefully we'll be a group of FFVII (:

If things roll smoothly, (which they never do) I'll be attempting Viral from Gurren Lagann, while my sis does LadyDevimon from Digimon and we can have epic High-Fives with our oversized hands. B)

But, I don't know why I always post in these, I never get my cosplays done.. xD

Fairy Cube? Seriously? I LOVE Kaori Yuki. If I see you (and I will be watching) I promise to be the person to ask for your picture, haha. (>_<)

I'm planning to bring Rahal again (this year was the first time I tried it)

improved and more durable for sure...

Unless my friend contacts me otherwise and asks me to cosplay something else with em (haven't heard from em from years though....)

Or there may be a SLIGHT chance I'll bring Geist again IF I hear that more .hack//LINK cosplayers plan to go next year (though I highly doubt we'll get any luckier than the 3 from this year unless the game finally comes out in the states...)

Not planning to make anything new, that's pretty much a certainty...

Well lets see.. For this con I did Youhei Sunohara from Clannad, I was a bit off in what I had but I had a couple people realize who I was.

For '12, if everything works out the way I plan it to, I have a couple ideas.

• Mitsukuni Haninozuka, or as the fans know him "Honey" from Ouran High School Host Club

• Kite from the Dot Hack series

• Cody from Street Fighter

• (As a joke between friends) Ice Cold Water guy

• YoYo from Jet Set Radio Future

• (And my own original idea, and what I did this con) a DJ. Easy enough right?

And if I get suckered into crossdressing for whatever reason, my list of ideas is dry right now...

But to expand on my "DJ" idea, I actually did that this con if anyone noticed. I got a thumbs up from about every staffer I saw or heard me and had only one tell me to turn it down(only because I got stuck in a crowd next to an open panel door and I gladly complied and went on my way.) I had a Lasonic i931x (Link) on my shoulder playing whatever someone wanted to hear if I had it on my ipod if asked. Now, as far as I can plan (if I can even do that -.-) I plan on picking up a small laptop, one of those cheapy ones from Bestbuy or something that has a lot of HD space but nice and portable. I want to take in any soundtracks, music ideas or ANYTHING ANYONE attending the con may want to hear while I am around (other then metal because that is not inviting to the masses). If the day gets long, I plan to plunk myself against a wall like I did this year and continue to play music for the masses. If the staff has an issue with it, I can gladly turn it down and will comply to all instructions. But as of this year, everyone seemed to enjoy it!

Phew, that was a mouth full to say the least!

I'm planning to be Professor Layton with my sister as Luke... we even have an idea to get a tea set with us and have tea part of the time.

I am more sure of what my cosplay will be 2 years from now haha. It will be my 10th Otakon and I have already chosen the theme of anything Yu Watase for our group. I am going to be Alice Seno from Alice 19th. It was my first love so an appropriate choice for my 10th year.

For my 9th Otakon (which is next year). Not sure yet. Will probably wear at least one former cosplay. Was actually thinking about making an Urd cosplay from Oh! My Goddess. We will see what the year brings.

I had bought the fabric to make a Kero Beros cosplay so I plan on making that soon but will probably wear that to Another Anime Con in October and at Anime Boston next spring. Along with my Haruna from this year and Pokemon Giijinka as that is what I will be selling at them.

This will be my second time at otakon and i'm going for Isamu from microman. if not ayese from No money and any other anime i watch this year. The armor for isamu is going to be hard to make.

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=240">microman_profile_isamu_normal_armor.bmp

microman_profile_isamu_normal_armor.bmp

This will be my second time at otakon and i'm going for Isamu from microman. if not ayese from No money and any other anime i watch this year. The armor for isamu is going to be hard to make.

I'm also working on a costume for next year involving making armor . . . if you need help or ideas check out http://amethyst-angel.com/armormaking.html I look forward to seeing your work next year!

I'm also working on a costume for next year involving making armor . . . if you need help or ideas check out http://amethyst-angel.com/armormaking.html I look forward to seeing your work next year!

i'm gonna finally do iori from king of fighters at otakon 2012 after doing kyo this year and last year, and to the op i'm probably gonna do k' for new york anime festival this year, gonna try to get a tan first though lol

I'm thinking I'm going to try something big involving sewing circuits/wires and creating armor . . . I see this as a opportunity to push my sewing/crafting techniques. Problem is, I'm probably going to be doing an overdone character but I figure if I do it well, overdone won't matter - plus it means a lot of people will recognize me!

Plus next year I think I'll be dragging the boy with me . . . though he says there is no way I am getting him to cosplay.

While I still Really want to do Kaito from Fairy Cube, I may end up doing Rufus Barma from Pandora Hearts.

My cosplay will change a lot, I'm sure, but here's what I'm thinking so far;

Misty (Pokemon)- This will be my third year bringing her, but I love my wig so much...

Steampunk outfit- 2 year work in progress, just because I don't have the fund to finish it, so we'll see how that goes

Maybe an Avatar cosplay that was supposed to happen this year, but we couldn't pul together enough people. It would be epic though...

I'm very Sad to say, it doesn't look like Fairy Cube will be happening after all. Our group's Raven wanted to cosplay her actual gender for once, Ian never got on board and Ainsel...I'm not exactly sure what happened to her, but it looks like we're doing Pandora Hearts. I'm either going to be Glen or Break in his detective outfit.

I will do Kaito some other time though.

This year I'm gonna be cosplaying Sebastian from Kuroshitsuji. The group will consist of a Ciel, Ran Mao, Maylene and possibly an Aleister or Undertaker. I'm gonna have to probably spend at least an hour for make up. DX

New features to cosplays next year.....Go-On Black from Engine Sentai Go-Onger has been added. But that won't be his sentai suit version, only black racer jacket and shift changer device cosplay. I WISH I could afford his sentai outfit.

As we are thinking about going on a trip to Japan in September of next year ... my 3 friends and I. I kind of want to make Hikaru, Umi, and Fuu cosplay to wear in Tokyo Tower. Their school uniforms. I also think I would make plushies of the chibi versions of Rayearth, Selece, and Windam as per the illustrations in my paperdoll book. So that's a possibility.

Also will be finishing KeroBeros cosplay. (As soon as I have time)

and have been watching Tiger & Bunny so have been thinking about it and also the Dantalian no Shoka really think those two have some potential although who knows what the next season will bring.

Obviously bring some repeats most likely this last year's cosplay, Haruna from Kore Wa Zombie desu Ka? which I think is becoming more recognizable.

I ended up changing my list multiple times. As usual. :(

I'm dead set on doing a gijinka Shiny Yanmega so that's being done for sure.

Let's see.

2009- I was Viral.

2010- I came as Death the Kid.

2011- I was Cutman from Megaman.

This year... I'm going to finally cosplay Vegeta.

Thinking about Rainbow Dash and Ryuk...already started the Dash costume.

Don't know about Ryuk though. Might not have the budget for it. Oh well.

My friends informed me that we are dressing up as My Little Pony characters (humanized of course) so I'm working on finding all the bits I'll need to make a Lolita Rarity cosplay.

The biggest issues so far are thus:

"Do I want to hand curl a wig just right to make it more like Rarity's curl, or do I want to just buy a curly wig?"

and

"Where can I find knee high Lolita socks for someone of my height and weight?"

I'm 4'10 so my legs are short, and I'm heavier then most Lolita's so finding knee socks that will slide over my calves might be harder. :/

Aside from that, I'm loving the idea of it. I wanted to dress Lolita, and now given my Pony's personality it fits perfectly. ^^

Well this past year I was mainly Lt. Yachiru from Bleach, but this Otakon I'm in a different group and we've already finalized everything except for which days we're going to be doing what.

So one day we will be a Soul Eater group: I as a Maka with scythe, a very short Medusa (xP and she's the oldest one at 19), and a very handsome Death the Kid.

Next group is Durarara!: I as Anri, shortie-girl is being Celty, and handsome boy is being Izaya.

Then last but not least Fooly Cooly: I'll be Mamimi, shortie will be Haruko, and our genius, handsome boy is building a Canti suit. Not fabric bodysuit but legit robot. *shakes head* Crazy college boy is crazy.

But that's us!

My friends informed me that we are dressing up as My Little Pony characters (humanized of course) so I'm working on finding all the bits I'll need to make a Lolita Rarity cosplay.

The biggest issues so far are thus:

"Do I want to hand curl a wig just right to make it more like Rarity's curl, or do I want to just buy a curly wig?"

and

"Where can I find knee high Lolita socks for someone of my height and weight?"

I'm 4'10 so my legs are short, and I'm heavier then most Lolita's so finding knee socks that will slide over my calves might be harder. :/

Aside from that, I'm loving the idea of it. I wanted to dress Lolita, and now given my Pony's personality it fits perfectly. ^^

We sell socks from a company called Sock it to Me at the store I work at. They make a style called curvy that is made to fit people with bigger calves. Possibly don't have a style you can use but hey at least you know the product exists. Their website is located here http://www.sockittome.com/cart/index.php

We sell socks from a company called Sock it to Me at the store I work at. They make a style called curvy that is made to fit people with bigger calves. Possibly don't have a style you can use but hey at least you know the product exists. Their website is located here http://www.sockittome.com/cart/index.php

Aww thanks! I might consider the purple haze ones.

I might get a pair of regular and a pair of curvy and see what fits better.

I've had knee highs fit before just barely.. but usually they are very long and end up bunching up behind my knee.

I may end up altering them no matter what kind I get, but the site it awesome though!

Now I'm majorly considering the purple unicorn socks. So perfect. ♥

I'm definitely bringing back Yasutora in 2012. I've never gotten a better reception on any cosplay, ever. I couldn't possibly count the number of pictures, handshakes, brofists, and people yelling "CHAD!!" on Friday morning alone. I wasn't expecting it to do so well.

If I had all the time in the world and a lot more skill than I have now, I might try my hand at a Monster Hunter cosplay...

My signature says it all~

Katsucon 2012

Friday: Sebastian - Kuroshitsuji

Saturday: Doctor!Sebastian - Kuroshitsuji, Shizuo - Durarara!!

Sunday: Shizuo - Durarara!!

Otakon 2012

Friday: Delic - Durarara!!, Wild Tiger (Hero Suit Version) - Tiger and Bunny

Saturday: Wild Tiger (Hero Suit Version) - Tiger and Bunny

Sunday: Fem!France - Hetalia

Cosplays and schedules subject to change.

I'm most looking forward to Wild Tiger <_<

For those of you that don't know what he looks like: 10dtp8h.jpg

I'm entering him in the Hall Costume Contest, too :3

xD I'm planning to cosplay as Hope Estheim if I can finish my costume. Right now, I needed help with prop-making and shoe-making.

So after discussing with my group, looks like we're back on board for Pandora Hearts! *Points to signature*

Hopefully Duke Barma will be Gracing you all with his presence. ;)

Already posted here, but already thinking about changing plans.

Choosing a cosplay is *so* hard for me...

I'm most definitely going to bring back my Misty cosplay for Friday, that's a given.

But the rest of the weekend isn't really set in stone. My boyfriend and I would love to do something together, and we're not really that into anime anymore (yet we still highly enjoy Otakon), so we're trying to think of something Disney. Currently leaning towards Rapunzel and Flynn from Tangled, if I decide if I can afford the beast of a wig. I'd absolutely love to cosplay a Disney princess though...