Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mitamaking

Best Anime Opening of All Time

17 posts in this topic

For people who went to ODU's Minicon and Nekocon I was the one who ran the top anime openings of all time panel, and I would love to do something similar for Otakon so I ask that everyone who is on the Otakon boards and people joining the boards and planning to go to Otakon to participate.

So here is the request, can everyone PM me your top 10 anime openings, ranked from 1-10 so I can start compiling a list for Otakon. Your number 1 anime opening would get 10 points in the pot and second would get 9 points so on till 10th would get one point. I would like to believe with this forum I could get enough entries that a solid top 100 could be made.

The format I would like everyone to send to me would be rank, then anime name, then opening number, then name of the song.

For example

1.Naruto OP1 Rocks

2.Bleach OP1 Asterisk

3.One Piece OP1 We Are

10.Overman King Gainer OP1 King Gainer Over

That isn't my list by the way

Keep in mind you are voting for song, opening animation, etc, the whole package.

If you have any questions I would be happy to field them.

I look forward to entries.

To keep things simple, Japanese openings only.

I am not sure if this is the right thread to put this in, I would put it into an Otakon 2012 thread if there was one, I am also not sure I will be able to even get the panel accepted, but if you put in your list before the end of February it will be included in the panel for the ODU Minicon in the Spring. There is already a strong master list, and I would like to just keep it growing, at least till next year's Nekocon after which I will decide if I want to dump this all together or make a new list.

I am thinking that I need all list by June 15th, 2012, but like I said, get it in before February and be included for another con.

I hate to say this, but I think this might turn out to be more of a most popular contest rather than a best contest. Anyways, some of my favorite openings are:

01 Cowboy Bebop - Tank

02 Neon Genesis Evangelion - Zankoku na Tenshi no Teze

03 Azumanga Daioh - Soramimi Cake

04 Karekano - Tenshi no Yubikiri

05 Colorful - Boku no Taion wa 37.5C

06 Kannagi - Motto hade ni ne!

07 RE: Cutie Honey - Cutie Honey

08 Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - Bouken Desho Desho

09 Lucky Star - Motteke! Sailor Fuku

10 Steel Angel Kurumi - Kiss Kara Hajimaru Miracle

I feel after the top three, the list tends to trail off...

Oh, I'm really excited for this! What a nice idea. I'll PM once I'm home and can gather my thoughts properly. ^^

It was kinda hard to remember ten good ones, but here goes nothing..

1. Eureka Seven OP1 - FLOW

2. Cowboy Bebop - TANK!

3. Gurren Lagann - Sorairo Days

4. Highschool of the Dead - self titled

5. Bleach OP1 - Asterisk

6. Ghost In The Shell 2nd Gig - Origa

7. Samurai Champloo - Battlecry

8. Dragon Ball Z - Rock The Dragon

9. K-ON! OP1 - Cagayake GIRLS!

10. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - Boken Desho Desho

I just sent you a PM with my list. It was really hard to strike a balance of classics vs. modern. ^^ But it was fun to think about!

Part of the reason I ask for private messages is so people don't know what is really popular without coming to the panel. Otaku Ru, Rock the Dragon is a US opening.

My choices for opening songs but you'll have to forgive me as many of the opening song titles elude my brain right now.

Ranma 1/2: Yappa Pappa

Dragonball Z ORIGINAL op (NOT the dubbed or Kai version either)

Dual! Parallel Trouble op

Soul Eater season 1 op

Hand May May op

Love Hina op

Sailor Moon season 1 japanese op

The original Ranma 1/2 opening is called "Don't Make Me a Shrew" actually. ^^;

How are you doing with responses for this~? Very interested in this panel, so if people aren't really responding I can pester some of my friends to participate... xD

I am using my list from a few other cons I mentioned above, I have over 150 songs on my list but pester your friends anyway. Rteker is okay for you to only have 7 openings, you can have up to 10?

I could only think of the 7, I tend to fast forward through the opening and closing credits

Part of the reason I ask for private messages is so people don't know what is really popular without coming to the panel. Otaku Ru, Rock the Dragon is a US opening.

In less than two weeks the list will close for the Old Dominion Minicon happening April 7th and 8th, at the minicon I shall have a 2 hour block in which I will show the top 60 entries, to get a new list, or an updated list in, pm it to me by Febuary 29th at 11:59 pm EST.

I really like the 3rd opening of Gundam Seed which Introduces Freedom and the Nami Tamaki song is amazing...... :)

I am closing the voting for this panel on June 30th, so if you want it to count, pm me your list by then.

This is a fun idea and a great excuse to revist some of my favorite older titles. I'll have to think about it some more and PM you later.

The panel did not get accepted... sigh.

Sorry about taking your time, I hope to get it accepted for Nekocon though.

Naruto and Bleach are fine but I hope people dont forget about anime from the 80s and 90s - they had good openers too