Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thefarawaylife

Otakon Attendee Survey- Please Take a Lokk

42 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone!

I'm hoping to collect an idea of where Otakon Attendees come from and how they travel. For the purpose of this poll I'm most interested in people coming from a few hours driving distance. I appreciate the help of anyone willing to take a second and answer!

What area are you coming from? Please choose the region that best describes your home and/or is within an hour commute.

1. Philadelphia, PA

2. Reading, PA

3. Harrisburg, PA

4. Brunswick, NJ

5. New York, NY

6. Hartford, CT

7. Baltimore, MD

8. Washington, DC

9.Richmond, VA

10. Other (Please Specify Based on largest city within an hour commute)

Also Please Include your Transport Method

1. Bus

2. Train

3. Carpool

4. Dropoff

5. Plane

6.Other

Thanks and I look forward to seeing your responses!

#9 and #3 for me. I don't think there are too many others (at least I haven't come across any) from the central Va/metro Richmond area.

For me it's gonna be #10 and #3. State College is pretty close to an hours drive for me. Going to be driving down to MD with family to visit relatives then will be dropped off for the days of convention.

#10 & 3 for me. Nearest large city is either Winchester, VA or Cumberland, MD. Dunno which is larger, but both are an hour away.

The closest city on this list that I live near is (8) Washington, DC...Though if you want to be slightly more specific I'm slightly more north and I'd say the next biggest town I live close to is Silver Spring, MD.

My family is often drop-offed (option 4) by my dad or uncle for the weekend of the con especially if we need to get there in the morning.

There were a few times we've taken Light Rail from BWI.

What area are you coming from? Please choose the region that best describes your home and/or is within an hour commute.

Brunswick, NJ

Boston, MA

Baltimore, MD

South Carolina ( don't know the big cities there )

5 of us total at the moment.

Modes of transportation

Carpool, Bus, Plane

Area: #1 Philadelphia, PA (I live in Bear, DE so it's about 45 minutes away.)

Transportation: #3 Carpool (Makes more sense to have 1 driver, than 4 & have to pay for parking for each.)

#8 and #3 for me...however I still live in Maryland, Germantown to be specific. Washington DC is closer than Baltimore for me though D:

#9 and #3 for me. I don't think there are too many others (at least I haven't come across any) from the central Va/metro Richmond area.

#10 - I am closer to Albany than to NYC.

#1 - Will probably be taking the train to NYC and then grabbing a Bolt bus to Baltimore.

Closest city to me is Boston, but I generally make my way down to Philly and carpool from there to Baltimore. I usually fly to Philly but as airline options have gotten more limited lately I will be looking at alternate transportation.

#10 Boston, MA

#3 Carpooling with Friends - so much fun to play those road trip games.

#10 carpooling from Norfolk, VA

Hello Everyone!

I'm hoping to collect an idea of where Otakon Attendees come from and how they travel. For the purpose of this poll I'm most interested in people coming from a few hours driving distance. I appreciate the help of anyone willing to take a second and answer!

DC's not too far off; my complex offers a free shuttle to the local Metro station. Though... it might be less "local" after the silver line is finished.

Baltimore, MD i drive

reading,pa and by car 4 hours total time from here to there

I live right in Baltimore City, it's about a 5 to 10 minute bus ride from where I live in Baltimore to the Baltimore Convention Center.

#1: 30 minutes away from Philly across the river in Jersey.

#3: Carpooling with friends.

Philadelphia, PA and we usually carpool. My roommate and I usually have our friends meet up at our place in the city, then carpool down together, picking up friends in DE along the way.

#7 and #3

I am 20 mins from Baltimore but stay at a hotel during the convention.

and #3 I guess if you would consider my fiance and I driving together a "carpool".

Location 10: Cleveland, Ohio

Transportation: Not sure how to answer, I'll say 6 and 2: I'm driving myself out to Baltimore, and taking the train from the hotel to BCC

Driving by car from Greensboro or Raleigh/Durham, NC. (I live equally far from both.)

I suppose #3 Harrisburg would be closest (York PA). I drive down.

reading,pa and by car 4 hours total time from here to there

8# Washington D.C (about fifteen minutes away)

For transportation it's going to be either a mix of bus and train or a drop-off. It might actually be both this year.

From my current home it was a forty-five minute drive and I believe an hour and fifteen minutes for the bus/train. The new place I'm moving to in about a month is about five minutes from D.C. though so while the drive might not change the train/bus definitely will. D:

# 1 and #3

Hopefully, the 3 hour drive won`t be such a strain.

5, 5

Although NYC is about a 9 hour drive from Buffalo..

#7 and #3

I may leave my car home this year, and take the city bus. The #8 line takes me straight to the hotel that I am staying at, and a few blocks from the convention center. No parking fees for me! :P

Coming from Washington, DC

I take both the Bus and Train

8 & 3, though not really a "carpool" because I'm soloing it (as of right now). Not that many from my area need a ride I guess.

10. Other: Wilkes-Barre/Scranton is closer then Harrisburg. & 3. Carpool

#1 and #3 for us. My last pickup lives relatively close to a road leading to I95, so we have a wonderfully easy drive right down I95 South. After 7 years I have finally refined my route as much as possible

Coming from Bristol, VA/TN (technically a city, though a small one). Closest large cities would be Roanoke, VA, (about an hour and a half away) and on Tennessee side, Johnson City/Kingsport (30 minutes to an hour) or Knoxville (roughly 2 hours away). I'll be driving all the way with my friends.

Allentown, PA, I usually take the bus.

Number 7 and Number 6 - The Metro! Or if I stay at a hotel (like this year) I just walk down to the convention center.

By car from the metro Detroit area. It's a ten-hour (ish) drive = )

I am dead between Wilmington and Baltimore

I drive in.

Hi OP,

Out of curiosity, can you please elaborate your reason for wanting to collect this data?

Thanks!

#5 and #3, Drove to Newark, NJ from Hackettstown, NJ to pick up 3 friends (1 hour drive), then drove to Baltimore from Newark, me with my lead foot I managed to down to Baltimore in 3 and half hours

This past year I day tripped - normally I stay at the con.

#8 and sort of #3 - no carpool...just solo.