Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kurai

Panel Registration (Performer List)

Question

I have a question regarding the list for the performers for panel registration.

The panel we are applying for is a gameshow type panel with a cast, but certain members of our group are unsure of whether they will be able to attend or are unsure if they can perform, but we have backups (also a few empty spots in the roster we are trying to fill). Are we able to request a roster change with the panel staff if our panel is selected? I don't want to submit a list and then have it be wrong or have someone else join in and then have them not able to perform.

6 answers to this question

Are you a first time panelist or have you performed a Panel etc. at a previous Otakon?

First time as far as Otakon is concerened, I've had a panel at another con.

OK, thanks. The reason I asked whether you had done a Panel at Otakon before was because it potentially changes the answer.

You can have as many people help out with your event as you want. However, no one will be allowed on stage unless they have a panelist ribbon. These can only be obtained from Panel Ops and require the individual to sign a waiver form. So, the short answer is yes, you can change your roster at any time.

Now....regarding Panelist comps...There is a limit of 3 compensated or reimbursed panelists per panel. This would comprise the primary panelist and two assistant panelists. You are welcome to have more panelists on stage, however, only 3 will receive compensated or reimbursed memberships to Otakon 2012.

If you were a returning panelist, then substitutions could be tricky as you and your two assistants would most likely be comped pre-con.

Since you're first timers, IF your panel is selected, then you will be eligible for post-con reimbursement of your memership fees.

Hope that helps. smile.png

All that info and more can be found on the Panels page...

http://www.otakon.com/events_panels.asp

Ok, I read about the 3 people limit reembursement on the page :P

So if I understand correctly, the list I put on the application isn't the official roster, but more of a guideline? And they can be changed as long as they come with me when we go to panel ops and sign the waiver.

Hope i got this correctly :P

So if I understand correctly, the list I put on the application isn't the official roster, but more of a guideline? And they can be changed as long as they come with me when we go to panel ops and sign the waiver.

Yes, we can change that list that is on the submission for those panelists who will be getting a post con-reimbursement (first time Otakon panelists), but that should be the exception not the rule. So, the list on the submission is the "official roster", but if you absolutely have to change it we can at-con during panelist check in.

Just to be clear though, as Andy mentioned previously, that only applies to first time Otakon panelists since they are the only ones who are post-con comped. Returning Otakon panelists are pre-con comped (as an added benefit for having succesfully worked with us before) and we can't change those.

Got it. I put as an official roster as I could at the moment, but as I stated in the first post it's not set in stone due to a few members being unsure of their attendance capability. Thanks for the assistance.