Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

resika

bringing instruments?

Question

ok so im a violinist (i just started 7 months ago but im working on it ive want to play since i was like 5 damn me being poor XD)

anyway lets say i wanted to cosplay as a anime character with a violin could i play it?

what if it wasnt for any character but the music was anime themed music?

sorry in advance if this was mentained some where. i looked but found nothing

7 answers to this question

It's not a weapon, and it's certainly not a vuvuzela ( they banned that a couple of years ago ) so I don't see why you couldn't. Two years ago there was a guy with a Tuba and he played it.

So far as to my knowledge, as long as you're not being disruptive as you are playing your violin - impeding traffic, increasing noise level, purposely goading others by playing after they've asked you to stop or play elsewhere - you can play it at the convention. However, it is highly advised that you limit your playing to outside the convention center and not within its walls.

As an aside, unless you are cosplaying and will be using it for brief amounts of time as a prop for photoshoots, I would strongly suggest you leave the violin at home. Musical instruments - violins especially but I'm sure you're aware of that - are expensive so if anything (heaven forbid) should happen to it, you'll be SOL.

So far as to my knowledge, as long as you're not being disruptive as you are playing your violin - impeding traffic, increasing noise level, purposely goading others by playing after they've asked you to stop or play elsewhere - you can play it at the convention. However, it is highly advised that you limit your playing to outside the convention center and not within its walls.

As an aside, unless you are cosplaying and will be using it for brief amounts of time as a prop for photoshoots, I would strongly suggest you leave the violin at home. Musical instruments - violins especially but I'm sure you're aware of that - are expensive so if anything (heaven forbid) should happen to it, you'll be SOL.

Please let the appropriate staff answer this question, thank you.

Security had escourted the guy out of the center (while he was still playing).

Security had escourted the guy out of the center (while he was still playing).

That sounds hilariously awesome. I hope that he was playing the bagpipe funeral march as he walked.

Please let the appropriate staff answer this question, thank you.