Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aux10

Guide Book App Again?

15 posts in this topic

So anyone know if there're plans to use the Guide Book App again this year? I really loved using it last year, especially with the instant schedule updates.

I hope they do, it was great!

We do plan to use Guidebook again for Otakon 2012.

Awesome. I wish Anime Central would do the same. >_> They're going paper only, which is stupid. What if something changes? Are they gonna depend on signs on the doors near panels rooms etc? >_>

Awesome. I wish Anime Central would do the same. >_> They're going paper only, which is stupid. What if something changes? Are they gonna depend on signs on the doors near panels rooms etc? >_>

Well... yeah. That has worked for the last few millenia reasonably well. It's still used widely by many conventions and it has the advantage of being available to people who don't have $90/month to shell out for a smartphone. We use it ourselves; Guidebook was an experiment that worked well, but we still manually update the room signage and schedules, and stream the schedule via interwebs to the screen on the other side of the BCC for live updates.

Having joined the 21st century and actually bought a smartphone this year, I am looking forward to using the guide app. Glad to hear it's coming back.

seeing as how i depend on all the apps in my phone this sounds really good.

I honestly would always assume that signs outside panel rooms would be the definitive word on changes.

And I don't even WANT a smartphone. I'm on the internet way too much as it is without having it in my pocket.

Not saying the app isn't great for people who use it. It just irks me when people act like they can't live without their phone.

I have my tablet, so I should be able to update when I can get wi-fi, lol.

Anyone know if it will be available on the Windows phone marketplace?

Anyone know if it will be available on the Windows phone marketplace?

YAY! This was an awesome feature! I love building my own schedule and it sending me reminders! I wish my other cons would do the same but they seem really reluctant! Shame. So thank you for making MY con time a better experience!

never heard of guidebook...sounds interesting

Any word on when this year's guide will be available for download?