Photo

Live Action film, "Fatal Conflict?" SPOILER ALERT

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 Adv1sor

Adv1sor

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 12:01 PM

I caught the end of a film Saturday evening, I thought the schedule said it was Fatal Conflict, but I can't find anything about it on google, only some other movie about someone trying to crash a spaceship into LA or something...

The one I saw seemed to be about a guy who was being paid by a gangster to fight with another gangster's fighters. In the end they ask him to throw a fight. (SPOILER ALERT) DONT READ ANY MORE IF YOU DONT WANT TO KNOW THE ENDING.
He ends up the hospital but he is Ok. His girl friend kills herself. He goes after the gangster he was working for and the cops gun him down at the end.

Can anyone tell me the real name of this movie and where I might find a copy for sale?

#2 MasterPyro

MasterPyro

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 01:16 PM

I didn't know that wasn't the real name...I'm pretty sure it was.....

but YES that ending was so ridiculous. The entire audience was laughing so much with that entire movie. It would be fine as an action/comedy, then all the sudden it would just get SO weird! It's a great movie, so if anyone knows where to get a copy definitely let me know, too! I can't let my friends go through life knowing they missed it at Otakon and may never see it again.

Also, if you don't, did anyone see "A Funny Movie" last year? I'd REALLY like to know if I can get a copy of that one. I walked in on the end because my dad was in there for the whole movie while I was in the game room and the ending was hilarious. I definitely want a copy of that!
Annual Otakon attendee since 2005 <3

#3 pympryde

pympryde

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 02:38 PM

I also saw the movie, I wanted Tin (The girl) to die so bad and I almost said to my friend "I bet she jumps" but she just kind of plopped off the edge lol.

the fight scenes WERE SO AWESOME, yes if anyone finds where to get it, post here. the ending was sad :D

#4 Solid Slap

Solid Slap

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 08:23 AM

That was a great movie. I wanted Tin to get what was coming to her, so even when Tin got kicked with all that padding on I was like "YES!".

#5 Adv1sor

Adv1sor

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 06:04 PM

Someone must know the name of this film and where we can buy it!

#6 Vulkurt

Vulkurt

Otaku In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 05:25 PM

I'm not sure where they got Fatal Conflict from, because it is Fatal Contact. Here:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0813549/
Done. Guarding.

#7 pympryde

pympryde

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 10:14 PM

I can't find this movie ANYWHERE, I found a sub titled version online but its in ROMANIAN!?! who speaks ROMANIAN SERIOUSLY?!

anyone else have any luck?

#8 Vulkurt

Vulkurt

Otaku In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 09:47 AM

I can't find this movie ANYWHERE, I found a sub titled version online but its in ROMANIAN!?! who speaks ROMANIAN SERIOUSLY?!

Yep, found a copy on eBay. With English subtitles.
Done. Guarding.

#9 pympryde

pympryde

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 10:38 AM

Yep, found a copy on eBay. With English subtitles.

cool

#10 Officer Tuba

Officer Tuba

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 11:07 AM

"Fatal Conflict" was one of a few typos in the Otakon program guide this year. Also, "Shudder" should have been "Shutter." So it goes.

Fatal CONTACT is available for sale through HKFLIX.com:

http://www.hkflix.co...t/qx/titles.htm

They also list the South Korean film, "A Funny Movie," but apparently it's sold out. The film is available from Yesasia.com under the alternative title "Fun Movie" (which is what's printed on the box), but unfortunately they only carry the unsubtitled VCD. You might have better luck searching online under this title, however.

Happy hunting.

#11 pympryde

pympryde

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 11:10 AM

"Fatal Conflict" was one of a few typos in the Otakon program guide this year. Also, "Shudder" should have been "Shutter." So it goes.

Fatal CONTACT is available for sale through HKFLIX.com:

http://www.hkflix.co...t/qx/titles.htm

They also list the South Korean film, "A Funny Movie," but apparently it's sold out. The film is available from Yesasia.com under the alternative title "Fun Movie" (which is what's printed on the box), but unfortunately they only carry the unsubtitled VCD. You might have better luck searching online under this title, however.

Happy hunting.

thanks!! -_-