Photo

Days Inn Warning

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 kalyoth

kalyoth

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 11:47 PM

For those of us checking in, check your prices. I was nearly stuck with $199.00 rate. They adjusted back based on the printout for my reservation. I was also mentioned that I was not the first person on check-in that had requested a different rate. Hope this helps.

#2 Otaku Ru

Otaku Ru

Disciplinary Committee Chair

• Veteran Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 03:07 AM

If you reserved outside the block, your rate should be $169. If you reserved after the Otakon rate came out, it's $199.

gama2014_zps45cead10.jpg

Facebook | Soundcloud

[John B., Member '07, '09-'12, '14]

Fanvideos:  2014 | 2012 | 2011

#3 Ryouko

Ryouko

Otaku In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 09:13 PM

So... the non-con rate is cheaper?

Otakon Attendee Since 2001!

2013 Cosplay: Chie (Persona 4)

#4 Cyanna

Cyanna

Otaku In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 01:22 AM

I booked my Days Inn room at the AAA rate as soon as I knew the 2008 dates...months before the con rates were announced.

I don't know how the DI found out but apparently my DI booking was linked to my Otakon pre reg and they automatically changed my room from the AAA rate to the con rate. I found this out when the receptionist told me she couldn't accept my AAA card. If I didn't have my confirmation emails on hand showing the date I reserved the room and the rate, I never would have had the mistake corrected.

#5 Ollie

Ollie

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 05:29 PM

Oddly, I must be a lucky SOB who got a break. I booked outside the hotel block, 50 weeks ago, and got a $199/night rate. However, my hotel bill only showed a $179/night rate.
--
Ollie
Anime Convention Photos and Reports
www.orobouros.net

#6 bayp

bayp

Otaku In Training

• Otakon Gofers
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 11:44 AM

Argh! This totally didn't register to me when I checked in -- and I only noticed now. When I booked my room, I was quoted $179/night. When I checked in, the rate was $199/night.. my reservation confirmation didn't have the rate, only the total for all 3 nights so I didn't think to do the math.

No doubt it's too late to do anything about it now.. I'll call them, though, and see if there's anything that I can have done.
Kurt Claussen
Otakon Attendee: 1999 - 2010
Gofer #817 (Tier 1) : 2008

#7 Cousinsue

Cousinsue

Evil Ex-Chair Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,021 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 01:21 PM

Keep an eye posted for good news about the rates for next year.

Beyond that I say no more.

Susan Monroe
Gofer Ops DH
BBS Administrator
Otakon 2014

#8 gamergirlx

gamergirlx

Seasoned Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 07:33 PM

Whenever you make a reservation, always have them send you a confirmation with the rates posted on it. I've never received a confirmation email that didn't specify the rates. Make sure to always bring it with you when you check in. It will alleviate many problems with rate changes and any disagreements you have with hotel staff.

And when you check in and they give you the form to sign, be sure to READ it. Sometimes they screw up the days and the rates and once you sign, it's your commitment to what's written there.

gamergirlx_link_1.jpg