Photo

Panelist Comp

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 ochibicake

ochibicake

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 12:50 PM

Hello there everyone,

I was a panelist at Otakon 2008. When putting in for our panel, my cohort and I had no idea that one's pre-registration would be returned to them if one's panel went off well. Indeed, we only learned of it on Sunday night, after we had left. Maybe it was negligence on our part, but was it expected that we had to go up to a registration staffer/staff in general DURING the convention to recieve our comp, or should we still be waiting for it in the mail/Paypal accounts?

Granted, I know only some people (who's panels went off well, people laughing, interesting subject matter) would be entitled to the comp, but based on the reaction of our audience and the staff in our room, our panel went EXTREMELY well. That said, I'm wondering if this promise has been upheld for anyone else, and how you went about recieving your comp from Otacorp. I'm quite confused. ^^;

- M.

#2 ZGL

ZGL

this is spec ops, go ahead.

• Otakon Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,823 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 02:15 PM

What panel did you present?

The information about receiving a reimbursement was available when the application went up (in... February? March?). No one received a reimbursement at the convention; please use the Contact Us form on the website to email the Panels Department so that we can figure out what's going on with your situation. ;)

At the moment, to my knowledge, no reimbursement checks have gone out to panelists. I'll be happy to go into more detail with you via e-mail.

Meredith Davey || Access Control Lines Captain
Access Control 2nd 2013, Communications Captain 2011-2012

Board of Directors Member at Large 2009-2010, 2012
Programming Section Chief 2010
Assistant to the Programming Section Chief 2009
Panels Ninja Department Head 2007-2008

#3 ochibicake

ochibicake

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 04:12 PM

The ero guro panel. ;)

I've sent my direct response through the appropriate channels, thank you for your speedy reply. :P

#4 GaZ

GaZ

Silver Dragon of Otakorp

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 10:54 PM

The checks have not gone out yet. I'm hoping to start processing them soon but I'm figuring it's still going to be sometime next week that they'll start going out :lol:

Jennifer Smiechowski
Panels Co-Department Head

Otakon 2014

#5 Ryouko

Ryouko

Otaku In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 10:22 PM

Was wondering if there was an update on this... it's been two weeks since the last post now, and I still have not received any reimbursement in the mail.

Otakon Attendee Since 2001!

2013 Cosplay: Chie (Persona 4)

#6 The INfamous MC

The INfamous MC

Fine, I'm guilty! I wear false eyelashes!

• Board Moderator
  • 6,385 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 08:20 PM

Was wondering if there was an update on this... it's been two weeks since the last post now, and I still have not received any reimbursement in the mail.

Checks will be delayed for the time being. In the meantime, please remain patient until the treasurer gives an official word out on when checks will be mailed out.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Robin L. Vial
Otakorp, Inc. Chief of Staff 2014
Otakon Staff since 2002, so I've done a lot on staff. Frm Gofer (2001) and TCG (2002) #117
Been going to Otakon since 2000.
BBS Moderator: The Originator of Staying on Topic since 2002

#7 GameraBaenre

GameraBaenre

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 12:07 AM

WOOHOO! Got my comp today. Thanks and I hope to do a few panels again next year!

#8 GaZ

GaZ

Silver Dragon of Otakorp

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 05:35 PM

All Checks for panelists have gone out at this time - if you do not receive one and think you should have, please send a PM my way and I will check with the proper folks and get back to you. Please give it until at least 10/8/2008 as they were just mailed. Thank you everyone!

Jennifer Smiechowski

Otakon 2014

#9 Ryouko

Ryouko

Otaku In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 06:24 PM

Still no check in the mail, and my PM seems to have gone unnoticed. Would appreciate someone looking into this.

Otakon Attendee Since 2001!

2013 Cosplay: Chie (Persona 4)

#10 ZGL

ZGL

this is spec ops, go ahead.

• Otakon Staff
  • 5,823 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 09:44 PM

We're working on it. :( Please be patient; thank you!

Meredith Davey || Access Control Lines Captain
Access Control 2nd 2013, Communications Captain 2011-2012

Board of Directors Member at Large 2009-2010, 2012
Programming Section Chief 2010
Assistant to the Programming Section Chief 2009
Panels Ninja Department Head 2007-2008

#11 GaZ

GaZ

Silver Dragon of Otakorp

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 10:33 PM

Still no check in the mail, and my PM seems to have gone unnoticed. Would appreciate someone looking into this.

Your PM has not gone unnoticed - I've currently written/sent out 300 checks in the past 2 weeks. It's being looked into. Thanks -

Jennifer Smiechowski

Otakon 2014

#12 BioProject

BioProject

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 11:29 PM

This hit me BAD this year. It really sucks that you have 3 days of pure awesomeness and then when it's over you have to return to your dull, sucky reality.

#13 The Eva Monkey

The Eva Monkey

Veteran Poster

• Otakon Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 06:57 AM

Andy Zerrlaut, Otakon 2009's Panels Department Head will be emailing out information to all panelists on how to be reimbursed after he recovers from the weekend. The generalization is that if you did everything by the books, (showed up, checked in, signed your waivers, didn't do anything cheeky) you should receive reimbursement. But if you hear nothing in the next week or two, you'll want to contact Andy Zerrlaut directly.

Aaron Clark

Otakon Vegas Panels Department Head | Otakon Panels Staff

Otakon 2010 Panels Department Head; 2009-2008 Panels Lieutenant; 2013-2011, 2007-2006 Panels Staff; Panelist since 2003; Attendee since 2000
Former Panelist:
Anime Boston, Katsucon, Tigercon, Anime USA, New York Comic Con, Tekkoshocon, Ohayocon, Anime Central, Nekocon, Anime Mid-Atlantic
Webmaster, Eva Monkey, an Evangelion Fan Website; Co-Founder, Co-Administrator Eva Geeks, an Evangelion Fan Community
Former Officer: UMBC Anime Society
| MAGFest Panels Staff | Former Tekkoshocon Panels Staff