Photo

How old are con-goers?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
277 replies to this topic

#201 Sonic Whammy

Sonic Whammy

Otaku In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 12:03 PM

Assuming I'm there to do Anime PYL, I'm 32 going to my 2nd Otakon, and the rest of my team varies in their 30s (except Trevor, I think, I'll have to check when his b-day hits on the 29th).

But out of all of us on the APYL team, I'm the only one who's married, and I have a 17-month old. Neither of them are joining me, mainly because my wife is not into anime and will feel ignored on the trip. (Don't judge her, she's awesome. I hope that will change someday.)

It does raise a bonus question to this thread. What is the relationship status of all of you here? I've seen a couple that have mentioned marriage or engagement, but I'm sure there's gotta be more of you out there than just me, right?

So where does everyone stand with significants?
Stay Way Past Cool!

Brian "Sonic Whammy" Sapinski
Sonic Whammy Enterprises (Take our Card Sharks survey!)

Host of Anime Game Show Super Show

#202 Mezi

Mezi

Otaku In Training

• Otakon Staff
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:51 PM

I'm 20 this year, but I've been going since 2001 or 2002 (I'm fairly sure 2001, but I can't remember for certain!). I know I was definitely young enough that I had to have an adult with me my first two years.

I saw one of the early posts mentioned that they felt like they had been growing up but the anime crowd seemed to be staying the same age. I was feeling like that after a few years, even though I was as young as I was, so I started attending for the small but serious faction of jrock fans. I did that for a few years, then I gofered in 2008, which I loved - being able to help out and actually be a part of the con was awesome, and a great way to feel as involved in the convention as I had felt like my first few years. I didn't get to go last year, but I'm hoping to gofer again this year. It's just the best way I've been able to find to continue to feel like I haven't grown past the same amazement and fun that I had back when I was still new at it.
Sarah Mummert
Info Desk Staff 2014, Registration Staff 2011, 2013 (previously gofer #10868)

#203 kitsudragon

kitsudragon

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 07:18 PM

my age is 41 otaku years. i am a returning attendee to otakon 2010 after a three year away from the convention. so i wave hi and bows.

#204 Ellipsiss

Ellipsiss

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 03:49 PM

Thirteen. Convention go-er since I was eleven. Dork for virtually my entire life. : )

You're never too young to enter the realm of nerdom.
'09 - Soul Eater Evans

'10 - Friday- 3rd Uniform Allen Walker

Saturday- 2nd Uniform Allen Walker

#205 ShadowSage137

ShadowSage137

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 06:25 PM

25 and no I'm not old nor feel old at cons. Anime is for all fans.

#206 TwilightRein

TwilightRein

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 01:37 AM

I'm 19 and this'll be my first time at any anime convention.

#207 RainAlvaran

RainAlvaran

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 10:15 AM

25, my 3rd Otakon, my 4th FULL convention, my 5th con all together. I went to my first con in '02. Just 2 years after finding out exactly what anime was...and that I had been enjoying it since I was like 3, lol.

Funny thing...my anime interest was mistaken due to the fact that I had a love for the Japanese language, xD.
-Catch ya on the flipside-
And by Novel...I mean Girlfriend

#208 Iszumi

Iszumi

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 10:20 AM

:lol: I see someone else watched "Astro Boy" way back when. So did I on an old Muntz TV. I'm 56 and so far seem to be the really old man at the Otakon. :lol:

Just to make you feel better...I also remember Astro Boy/Gigantor/Speed Racer, and I'm 56. So that makes two of us!
(and I don't see myself as a creepy old lady! Just someone well preserved trying to enjoy the second act.) :D
You shouldn't leave your gigai lying around like that...

#209 UhOhxitsNami

UhOhxitsNami

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 01:40 AM

I'm 16! I've been going to conventions since I was around nine or ten, thanks to my older sister, I hobbled along with her. (:
Look for me Otakon '10! <3333

Posted Image

-------------- Day wear :3 ---------------------- Rave wear :] --------------

I might be possibly running around in a Pikachu kigurumi (what I use as PJs) as well in the mornings to get breakfast!
Say hello to me!

#210 VemberJudgement

VemberJudgement

Otaku In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 01:38 PM

I'm 32, been going to Otakon for years. First time I went was back in 98 when it was in Crystal City:)

-------------

"You risk tears if you let yourself be tamed..."

http://vember-judgement.deviantart.com

#211 KSweeley

KSweeley

Otakon Staff since 2010, Otakon Attendee since 2001.

• Otakon Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,335 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 12:22 AM

I'm 24 currently, first time staffer however I've been going to Otakon since 2001 when I was 15 years old. Otakon is very fun and I don't think there's really an age limit for Otakon as the attendees from what I can tell accepts anyone and everybody during the con. I certainly don't feel old going to Otakon.

Kun Sun Sweeley (KSweeley) | Otakorp, Inc. Voting Member 2010-14 | Otakon 2014 Staff - Exhibitions Divison - Art Show Department | Otakon 2013 Staff - Member Relations (formerly Member Services) Division - General Staff Department, Otakon 2011-2012 Staff - Programming Division - Otachan Department, Otakon 2010 Staff - Staff Relations Division - Staff Pool Department | (former Gofer 2004, TCG 2005-06, 2008, Tier 2: 2009 #403) | Otakon 2001-2013 Attendee | Chat with me on AIM: WeezingPok | Add Me On Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ksweeley/ | Add Me As a Friend on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ksweeley

#212 BLX

BLX

Otaku In Training

• Otakon Staff
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 02:53 PM

20, I've been going to Otakon since 06, but this'll be my 4th year because I missed 09. All the people I'm traveling with are my age or younger, but I don't feel too old.

Shawna Phelps

Staff (2013) : Member Relations - Registration & Programming - Otachan

Attendee 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Art History Buff and Baltimore Local :)

#213 OldOtaku

OldOtaku

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 07:18 PM

I am 64 and have been attending Otakon since 2000. My kids got me into it, but they have long since moved away. I keep coming back for more. To all you younger Otaku, I am living proof that you NEVER, EVER have to give this up.

#214 GlitteringLoke

GlitteringLoke

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 08:49 PM

I'll be 30 next thursday. Been going since 01. Already planning this year :)
Cosplay 2011: Kagetoki (Haruka3), Michiru (zombie loan), Milard/Mirald (Tales of Phantasia)
Cosplay 2012: Sarasa (Basara), Veigue - Carta style (Tales of Magic Carta/Rebirth), Michiru (Zombie Loan)

#215 Jeremy

Jeremy

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 02:48 PM

<------ 27, will be 28 when next year's 'kon rolls around
Peace and love (^_^)

#216 i<3animecosplay

i<3animecosplay

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 04:08 PM

I'll be turning 24 in May before the upcoming Con.....can't wait though!!!

OTAKON 2013 COSPLAYS

Perona--One Piece

Anko--Naruto

#217 alabaster

alabaster

Grand Vizier

• Board Moderator
  • 10,819 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 06:03 PM

I will be 42 by this coming Otakon. (That means I was 24 when the first Otakon happened.)

Jim Vowles
Director of Guests & Industry Relations (Otakon & Otakon Vegas)

Previously:
Chair, Otakon Music Festival (2012), Programming Division Head (2012)
Special Projects Coordinator (2011-2012), Relations Section Chief (2007-2010)

Con Chair Emeritus (Otakon 2006), Vice Chair (2005)
President (2006), Vice President (2005)

Member-at-Large (2004, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013)

Grand Vizier of the Ota-Net (& former gofer #12)

#218 Cafe+ARIA

Cafe+ARIA

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 09:40 PM

I'll be 17 by Otakon 2012.....

Embarrassing remarks aren't allowed! - Aika S. Granzchesta

#219 KSweeley

KSweeley

• Otakon Staff
  • 2,335 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 01:02 PM

I'm currently 24, my birthday is January 17th so when Otakon 2012 rolls around I'll be 25 years old.

Kun Sun Sweeley (KSweeley) | Otakorp, Inc. Voting Member 2010-14 | Otakon 2014 Staff - Exhibitions Divison - Art Show Department | Otakon 2013 Staff - Member Relations (formerly Member Services) Division - General Staff Department, Otakon 2011-2012 Staff - Programming Division - Otachan Department, Otakon 2010 Staff - Staff Relations Division - Staff Pool Department | (former Gofer 2004, TCG 2005-06, 2008, Tier 2: 2009 #403) | Otakon 2001-2013 Attendee | Chat with me on AIM: WeezingPok | Add Me On Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ksweeley/ | Add Me As a Friend on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ksweeley

#220 Micalas

Micalas

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 03:19 PM

I'll be 22 come Otakon 2012. I can't wait!

#221 Revengel

Revengel

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 11:15 AM

I will be 42 by this coming Otakon. (That means I was 24 when the first Otakon happened.)

HA! Got you by one year (Otakon takes place during my 43st birthday) but then again I wasn't at the first couple few Otakons (didn't start until Hunt Valley).

Old is the new Hot.
Been to every Otakon since 1997 and counting...

#222 Lady Starstorm

Lady Starstorm

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 08:50 AM

I'm 26 now, been going to cons since I was 16 (Otakon 01! XD My first con and last Otakon til next year's) and recently married. I admittedly have mentally "aged" a bit in the past couple years (being jaded by full-time employment will do that, I suppose), but for the most part I don't feel old at cons. I'm a shorty so I can cosplay little characters, and I feel younger when I'm around youth and energy XD Not that I'm saying I'm old... I certainly don't feel it! I have bouts of "back in my day you had to wait months for fansub VHS tapes and it took 2 days to download an hour of anime!" rants, and sometimes as the nights get late at cons I'm just like "AGGGH BE QUIET ZZZZZ" but other than that, I think having hobbies like anime, video games and everything that goes with those fandoms is a great way to not lose touch with your youth.

Edit: I should probably add that I was lucky enough to have married someone with hobbies the same as mine who is also an otaku, so I guess we help eachother make sure we still have time for what we enjoy! ^^ It helps alot!

Edited by Lady Starstorm, 15 December 2011 - 08:52 AM.

Otakuholic! - A brand-new anime blog & community!

#223 Revengel

Revengel

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:53 AM

I'm 26 now, been going to cons since I was 16 (Otakon 01! XD My first con and last Otakon til next year's) and recently married. I admittedly have mentally "aged" a bit in the past couple years (being jaded by full-time employment will do that, I suppose), but for the most part I don't feel old at cons. I'm a shorty so I can cosplay little characters, and I feel younger when I'm around youth and energy XD Not that I'm saying I'm old... I certainly don't feel it! I have bouts of "back in my day you had to wait months for fansub VHS tapes and it took 2 days to download an hour of anime!" rants, and sometimes as the nights get late at cons I'm just like "AGGGH BE QUIET ZZZZZ" but other than that, I think having hobbies like anime, video games and everything that goes with those fandoms is a great way to not lose touch with your youth.

Edit: I should probably add that I was lucky enough to have married someone with hobbies the same as mine who is also an otaku, so I guess we help eachother make sure we still have time for what we enjoy! ^^ It helps alot!

LMAO...kind of feel you on that one. For me it's remembering trying to trade xth generation VHS tapes and/or "hooking up to the network to get that new thing called...Saber Marionettes J?" But the whole waiting for hours to download about twominutes of vid just put me in the way-back machine!

There's a good bit of how you feel. I don't feel young or old at a con, I either feel experienced or new. The thing is I always feel at home in my favorite playground.

Although with my recent trip to Vegas for the first time there may be a challenger to that title...but Otakon wins with experience!
Been to every Otakon since 1997 and counting...

#224 Daniel Perales

Daniel Perales

Seasoned Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 10:46 PM

HA! Got you by one year (Otakon takes place during my 43st birthday) but then again I wasn't at the first couple few Otakons (didn't start until Hunt Valley).

This coming Otakon will end on my 49th birthday.Posted Image
Danny Perales
Attended every Otakon since 1994

#225 cards344

cards344

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 05:26 AM

Im 26 and will be 27 by this Otakon, been going to cons since I was introduced to them by my University club back in 2007. I was an anime fan who didnt know about Otakon till i was 22, sad really.

This next test applies the principles of momentum to movement through portals. If the laws of physics no longer apply in the future, Gold help you.
-Prerecorded Message in Portal 2

Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/cards344

Deviantart Page: http://cards344.deviantart.com/

#226 Anime&Cosplay

Anime&Cosplay

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 07:10 AM

I'm 12 ^.^ Posted Image

Thirteen. Convention go-er since I was eleven. Dork for virtually my entire life. : )

You're never too young to enter the realm of nerdom.

Agreed!! Never too young :P I'm 12 Posted Image

#227 Makaimi

Makaimi

Otaku In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 03:21 PM

I'm 18, turning 19 in June.

#228 Tohru

Tohru

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:50 PM

I'm going to be 26 this year by the time Otakon rolls around again. It'll be my 11th Otakon this year and it's grown so much since the first year I attended. My younger sis and I had to be accompanied by our parents back then. I'm newly married and my husband is also into all the same types of things I am, in fact I took him to his first Otakon 4 years ago. I don't really feel all that old when going to cons and I always have a blast. I do sometimes catch myself doing the "old person" speech under my breath when some of the younger fans complain about prices or availability. When I started with anime it was all VHS tapes, 2 expensive ones at that (2 episodes each), and a tiny section of, again expensive, (unflipped) manga.

Otakon attendee since 2001

#229 YangWenli

YangWenli

Otaku In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 10:13 AM

Yeah, the rack at Suncoast, with the two-episode VHS's, for about 30 bones. Either that, or the fan-subbed VHS (anyone remember the purple Kodocha tapes?). And the manga in standard American comic book format, with one chapter filling an issue.

I'll be 29 by the time Otakon 2012 comes around; my first was in 1998, when I was 15, and I've been to every one except the last two, mainly just due to constraints with grad school. But now that that is done, I'm hoping to be able to make it this year. While I'm probably older than alot of the attendees, from reading previous posts and knowing other people who go, I think my "general" age group comprises the majority of Otakon attendence, and probably a pretty sizeable portion of anime fans in general. Although I don't really watch it a great deal anymore, with a few exceptions, and mostly go back to the older stuff (which, I think is better - not from an "old fogey" point of view, but rather from a storytelling-originality of ideas, point of view), it has still retained my interest,a s it has for many of us that grew up watching the same things, that later turned into membership in anime fandom.

So, I suppose I am among an older group of fans, but I think a difference in what the medium means to each age group is a factor as well. The generation before "us" (anyone near or around my age) received the fruits of the previous generation who were largely responsible for bringing it all over here in the first place. The younger group I'd say is a bit different in that I don't think it can really be said it was something "discovered" as was the case with the previous two groups. For 21 and younger, I would say it was already firmly entrenched in the popular culture, no more obscure than Star Wars or The Simpsons (although still misunderstood by many outside of fandom just as much as in years' past).

If I'm older, that's fine. However, Otakon will always be a place that reminds me of different points in my youth, and I'm glad to have that experience, and looking forward to seeing it again after a bit of an absence.

#230 EnigmaCalaway

EnigmaCalaway

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:13 PM

I'll be fifteen...geez...I feel like a baby.
I'd like to hope I'm not like the stereotypical teenager, although that might change since I'm going with a bunch of my Otaku friends.
Oh well.
Sorry if we happen to do something obnoxious! ^_^;

#231 Hachikuji

Hachikuji

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:01 PM

I'll be 19 by the time the con is here, I get mistaken for 14/15 all the time, though.
I've been attending cons since I was 16, and my parents always go with me since they help with the room expense and whatnot.
They let me go meet up with friends and walk around while they do stuff in the general area, I don't mind it too much~

But, I have some friends that are 14+ and they can all handle themselves very well at events. I just don't understand when parents let their 11 year olds run around unattended. /:

'12 Cosplay:

Asuka Langley Soryu - NGE 100%

Inga - UNGO 75%

Madotsuki - Yume Nikki 40%

Monoko - Yume Nikki 40%%

Flandre Scarlet - Touhou 0%

#232 IceCreamGuitar

IceCreamGuitar

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:31 PM

18 this time around! Whoooo! Started going to cons when I was 14! I shall wear that 18+ wristband proudly and won't have to get 18 and older friends to buy yaoi for me!

Edited by IceCreamGuitar, 20 February 2012 - 11:32 PM.

After 5 years of attending, Otakon 2012 was my last Otakon for awhile, so see you all whenever I return.~

#233 Orangejuice857

Orangejuice857

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:42 PM

This year I am 22, and my BF is 21. I've been going since I was 13 with my parents of course!
My BF started to go after we first started dating 5 years ago!

Attending since 2003
Asuna - SAO

Suzuko - AKB0048

Miichan  - AKB0048

Watashi - Jinrui

#234 KSweeley

KSweeley

• Otakon Staff
  • 2,335 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:26 PM

Going to be 26 years old for Otakon 2012.

#235 thefarawaylife

thefarawaylife

Otaku In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:23 PM

Currently 20, will be 21 by Otakon (Cocktails after the con anyone? :P) I have been going to Otakon since I was 18.

#236 sarahstrangex

sarahstrangex

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:45 AM

I'm 22. I've been going to Otakon since 2008. This will be my 5th one. :]

"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." - Mel Brooks

Otakons attended: 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

#237 Kagamine Kotarou

Kagamine Kotarou

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:09 PM

Currently 24 and will be going to my first Otakon at 25. Started going to conventions when I was 21 (feel like I started late). Sometimes, I feel old when I see all these high-school-aged con-goers.

Facebook, @InugamiKotarou, Tumblr

Current Otakon 2013 Cosplay Plans:

Gaul Gallete des Rois (DOG DAYS)

Tsukiyomi Ikuto [Seven Seas Treasure ver.] (Shugo Chara!)

Kagamine Len [Aa, Subarashiki Nyansei or Poker Face or Love Is War or default]

Naoe Riki [Girls School Uniform ver.] (Little Busters!)

Genis Sage (Tales of Symphonia)

Itsuka Kotori (Date A Live) [Crossplay]

Banner500110.jpg

#238 YangWenli

YangWenli

Otaku In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:42 PM

I first went to Otakon in 1998, when I was 14, and havebeen going ever since, with the exception of the last two years, mainly due to conflicts from school. Not to be an old fogey (although I guess I am), but things have certainly changed since then, in many ways.

#239 YangWenli

YangWenli

Otaku In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:12 PM

And I just realized I already posted here, earlier this year. Although I don't remember doing that....maybe I am getting too old, after all, haha.

#240 Hitsutai

Hitsutai

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:33 AM

I'm 18 :x
Otakon Cosplay List

Fem! Tool Shed (South Park), Chie Satonaka or Yukiko Amagi (Persona 4), Todo Heisuke -Rasetsu form, Western outfit- (Hakuouki), John Egbert (Homestuck) /possibly/

#241 GasparAKAShiggitay

GasparAKAShiggitay

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:20 AM

Hmm I thought I had posted to this thread using one of my other accounts.. I guess not. I've been going to cons since 2009 (when I was 25) starting with:

Anime Boston (2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 upcoming)

Otakon (2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012 upcoming)

NYCC/NYAF (2010, 2011, MAYBE 2012 depending on Japanese guests, and on money/time off work etc)

I just turned 28 this January 19th. Some things make me feel old, but anime and Otaku-ism doesn't. I started my anime journey when I was 16 when Cartoon Network was airing Sailor Moon S and SuperS. It doesn't seem like that was that long ago, but yeah.

#242 RedMed

RedMed

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:27 PM

I've been interested in anime since I was in elementary school, when Sailor Moon and Dragonball would be on TV in the early morning. Now, I'll be 25 in July and I'm still very interested in anime, sci-fi, fantasy and video games. I've only been to Anime Boston 2008, Otakon 2010, 2011 and soon to be 2012, but I love the convention atmosphere and I love seeing all the otaku, young and old, that have such a passion for the culture and environment.
Otakon 2012 Line-Up
Zoe from Firefly/Serenity (with Wash, Kaylee, Inara and Mal)
Ilo from Ilomilo (with Milo)(No time to complete)
Previous Cosplays (2010, 2011) - Chell - Portal (with Aperture Scientist)

#243 GasparAKAShiggitay

GasparAKAShiggitay

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:51 PM

Haha good. With all of us 20s+ posting here I don't feel so old since I'll be 30 in 2 years. >_>

#244 resika

resika

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:36 PM

ill be 15 this years otakon ^^
kidnapping? I prefer surprise adoption >:-D
<3 <3 this year's otakon is going to be awesome! <3 <3
------>watch for me I'll be erza scarlet in her new heart cruz armor and other random cosplays I haven't decided yet ^^<-----

#245 DestroyingStars

DestroyingStars

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:48 PM

Gosh, looking at this thread, I feel so young. ><

I just turned 14, and so I'll be 14 for my first Otakon. This will be my second convention. C:

Edited by DestroyingStars, 12 April 2012 - 04:49 PM.

rinkagarnine @ tumblr

• i'm always online there, so if you need to reach me for some reason, send me an ask on there to get a quicker response

CONVENTIONS

• Otakon 2013 (money's tight this year, gotta cut back orz)

COSPLAY

• Kagamine Rin (I need a Len, if you know a Len like set me up with them or s/t.)
  • Ultimate Madoka (or Godoka, Kamidoka, etc. etc.)
  • Aisaka Taiga (this uniform)

I'm totally up to meeting with you / taking pictures or anything of the sort!! If we don't coordinate or anything, but you still want to keep an eye out for me or something, look below!!

FRIDAY: Look for an Ultimate Madoka cosplayer, about 4'11" (really short). I'll be wearing a Pikachu-plush backpack, and I'll be with a Kitana (Mortal Kombat) cosplayer! I'll also have a bow and arrow with me, if that helps~

SATURDAY: Look for a Kagamine Rin cosplayer with light-up headphones and the same backpack~ I'll be with my friend again, this time as Hatsune Miku!

#246 resika

resika

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:30 AM

your only a year older then me lol XD
kidnapping? I prefer surprise adoption >:-D
<3 <3 this year's otakon is going to be awesome! <3 <3
------>watch for me I'll be erza scarlet in her new heart cruz armor and other random cosplays I haven't decided yet ^^<-----

#247 swordfreakx

swordfreakx

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:14 AM

well I among my people! I'm 23 and will be turning 24 2 weeks after the con. So who wants to go drinking I know I do! This is my second Otakon and I'm reeeeeally glad I started going last year cause its an amazing con! Buuuut expensive as hell, mostly cause i'm coming from FL lol.
Cosplay for Otakon 2012
Roronoa Zoro (One Piece)
post 2 year (100%)
pre 2 year (100%)
Skypeia (100%)
pre time skip bandaged up Zoro ( 40%)
Neko Zoro (80%)
Formal Zoro from strong world (100%) maybe if there are other strong world cosplays

Blue Eyes White Dragon (yugioh)
(100%) will bring if my Kaiba comes

Piccolo (dragon ball Z)
shoulder armor (75%) may bring depending on my friends

#248 AshFanLisa

AshFanLisa

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:52 AM

I'm 25. Been watching anime since I was 12. :)
Went to my first con when I was 18. And I haven't been to Otakon before, so this will be my first one. ^^
I've been to many other cons, including Tsubasacon, Tekkoshocon, New York Comic Con, Matsuricon, and Ichibancon.

#249 Dreaming Magpie

Dreaming Magpie

Otaku In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:47 AM

I thought for sure I already replied to this..... Hum...

I am 24 and my fiance is 30 and we have been coming to Otakon together since 2008. We love this con, it is our fave.

We always tell people that Otakon is a con that has so many generations and age groups, that it really feels welcoming to a fan of any age. =^_^=

Otakon 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012!

Missed Otakon 2013 for a good reason, we got married!

See yall in 2014... ^_^

-Magpie

#250 Natsuki chan

Natsuki chan

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:56 PM

I'm 26 and have been watching anime since 2003. This is my 10th convention and second time going to Otakon.
Otakon 2012:

Friday: Naoto Shirogane (persona 4)

Saturday: Mizore Shirayuki (Rosario + Vampire)

Sunday: May or May not Go