Photo

Group Plz?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
32 replies to this topic

#1 Reita-kun

Reita-kun

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 02:38 PM

I've been to Otakon before (only once), and I went with my friend, she was so into her cosplay (which I dont mind) that I was mainly alone through out the whole thing. I would like to be with people of my same interest, which is like everyone who is going to the con, so I'm not alone and what not. So please let me know if I can have people with me ^^.

THANKS!

^_^ YUKI.
----
2008 - Otakon Virgin - Soul Reaper - BLEACH
2009 - Otakon Newbie - Yomiko Readman - R.O.D.
2010 - Otakon Cosplayer - White Mage - FFXI

#2 Loki

Loki

Otaku

• Otakon Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 02:51 PM

I've been to Otakon before (only once), and I went with my friend, she was so into her cosplay (which I dont mind) that I was mainly alone through out the whole thing. I would like to be with people of my same interest, which is like everyone who is going to the con, so I'm not alone and what not. So please let me know if I can have people with me ^^.

THANKS!

^_^ YUKI.

Purple post is purple. o.O

One suggestion to meet people would be to be a gofer! You can volunteer as little as 8 hours and you get to meet all sorts of interesting folks! Plus you get a glimpse of how things are run behind the scenes.

Loki aka Victor Albisharat

2014 Otakon Vegas Con Chair
2013 Corresponding Secretary and Head of Press & Publicity
2012 Member at Large and Head of Press & Publicity
2011 Head of Press & Publicity
2010 Press/2008-2009 Gofer Ops, Pre-reg Correspondence/2006-2007 TCG/2004 Gofer 410

#3 Reita-kun

Reita-kun

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 03:08 PM

One suggestion to meet people would be to be a gofer! You can volunteer as little as 8 hours and you get to meet all sorts of interesting folks! Plus you get a glimpse of how things are run behind the scenes.

Oh Really?! but see I'm all the way in PA..
----

#4 ZGL

ZGL

here we stand

• Otakon Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 03:13 PM

Oh Really?! but see I'm all the way in PA...

Hey, I wanted to stop by and say that your purple Impact-font posts are a little tough to read on some monitors; please try to limit changing the font type/color when you post. Thanks! ^_^

Meredith Davey || Deputy Chief of Staff, Otakorp
Access Control 2nd 2013, Communications Captain 2011-2012

Board of Directors Member at Large 2009-2010, 2012
Programming Section Chief 2010
Assistant to the Programming Section Chief 2009
Panels Ninja Department Head 2007-2008

#5 Loki

Loki

Otaku

• Otakon Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 03:14 PM

Oh Really?! but see I'm all the way in PA...

Oh did you mean to travel with, hang out at the con with, or just in general to get to know folks?

Loki aka Victor Albisharat

2014 Otakon Vegas Con Chair
2013 Corresponding Secretary and Head of Press & Publicity
2012 Member at Large and Head of Press & Publicity
2011 Head of Press & Publicity
2010 Press/2008-2009 Gofer Ops, Pre-reg Correspondence/2006-2007 TCG/2004 Gofer 410

#6 Reita-kun

Reita-kun

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 03:31 PM

Hey, I wanted to stop by and say that your purple Impact-font posts are a little tough to read on some monitors; please try to limit changing the font type/color when you post. Thanks! ^_^

OK, I'll stick to the normal!

Oh did you mean to travel with, hang out at the con with, or just in general to get to know folks?

Just to hang out with people at the con, because being alone there SUCKS!
----

#7 Firakoshadow

Firakoshadow

Otaku In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 11:22 PM

yes I agree with the being alone sucks part.. XD.. Though im used to it by now hahaha

anyways id be glad to hang and wondering aimlessly and doing some borderline stupid stuff ^_^

So if ur interested hit me up or just leave a post here... im from PA as well... the Gettysburg reason

(PS [off topic] ... Your location says Bethlehem... that sounds like that one place near Easton, am i correct in this assumption... I ask this only cause i visited Easton a few times cause the japanese teacher in that high school I had through distance learning)
Matthew Stultz
Gofer #10038 (2010)
First Year Gofer ^___^

Attendee since 2007

There is no hate, only joy
For you are beloved by the goddess
Hero of the dawn, Healer of worlds

"Loveless - Act II ; Part I" as quoted by Genesis

#8 Duelistbluerose

Duelistbluerose

Seasoned Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 09:46 PM

You're never really alone when you go to cons. Every year that I've gone I always run into someone I either know and haven't seen in a long time or total strangers that share the same interests as me. And if you're cosplaying it'll be even easier to come across people to hang out with.

I've never traveled to otakon by myself but there are times during the con that I'll break from my group and go to a panel or something by myself. When this happens I always find someone that wants to hang out - but sometimes I cant because I have to meet up with my friends.

But seriously, you don't have to worry about being alone or by yourself. That won't happen [unless you're a stinky fanboy]

#9 SoraVII

SoraVII

Otaku

• Otakon Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 12:23 AM

Hey, it's not hard to introduce yourself to people and join up with groups.
Panels are a good place to find people with similar interests and strike up conversations and then from there you can just move on to other places. Otacafe/Karaoke is another awesome place to hang out and meet and greet.
Joseph Davis
Congoer - 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009
Gofer #188 - 2010, 2011
Registration Staff - 2012, 2013

#10 TimLaptopm101

TimLaptopm101

Seasoned Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 01:05 AM

Their is so much to do at Otakon, even if you SOLO, theirs not much to time be bored or be concerned with alone. Great way to meet people is to meetup at any of the photoshoots or go to panels or any interactive workshop!

BTW greetings from the Poconos, live right by Beth!

#11 Reita-kun

Reita-kun

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 07:02 AM

yes I agree with the being alone sucks part.. XD.. Though im used to it by now hahaha

anyways id be glad to hang and wondering aimlessly and doing some borderline stupid stuff :)

So if ur interested hit me up or just leave a post here... im from PA as well... the Gettysburg reason

(PS [off topic] ... Your location says Bethlehem... that sounds like that one place near Easton, am i correct in this assumption... I ask this only cause i visited Easton a few times cause the japanese teacher in that high school I had through distance learning)

Cool! Thanks so much! We can walk aimlessly around lol.
Yeah, I'm in 'boring' Bethlehem! And I work in Easton!

You're never really alone when you go to cons. Every year that I've gone I always run into someone I either know and haven't seen in a long time or total strangers that share the same interests as me. And if you're cosplaying it'll be even easier to come across people to hang out with.

I've never traveled to otakon by myself but there are times during the con that I'll break from my group and go to a panel or something by myself. When this happens I always find someone that wants to hang out - but sometimes I cant because I have to meet up with my friends.

But seriously, you don't have to worry about being alone or by yourself. That won't happen [unless you're a stinky fanboy]

Well I know, that I'm not really 'alone' just the whole, 'walking by yourself' deal. I'll take your advice, THANKS!

Hey, it's not hard to introduce yourself to people and join up with groups.
Panels are a good place to find people with similar interests and strike up conversations and then from there you can just move on to other places. Otacafe/Karaoke is another awesome place to hang out and meet and greet.

I'm not one for Karaoke, but surely I'll go to panels!

Their is so much to do at Otakon, even if you SOLO, theirs not much to time be bored or be concerned with alone. Great way to meet people is to meetup at any of the photoshoots or go to panels or any interactive workshop!

BTW greetings from the Poconos, live right by Beth!

ANOTHER PA PERSON! *waves* Thanks for the info, I'll try that hehe.

I want to meet you guys! haha
----

#12 evaunit01berserk

evaunit01berserk

Want to make a contract?

• Veteran Members
  • 2,695 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 02:41 PM

careful, she will eat all your pizza :)

Edited by evaunit01berserk, 03 April 2009 - 02:41 PM.

Looking for a room? We can find one for you.
https://docs.google....1o1ZUE6MQ#gid=0

#13 Reita-kun

Reita-kun

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 05:59 PM

careful, she will eat all your pizza :)

hey, you're the one who ordered it. :)
----

#14 Jhawk

Jhawk

Otaku In Training

• Otakon Staff
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 10:37 PM

Oh and about volunteering. You don't have to live in the immediate area to volunteer. I'm all the way out in Missouri and I'm still gonna be gofering this year.

Jonathan Hawkins2009 Gofer, 2010 Staff Pool, 2011 Registration/Game Show, 2012 - Current Maid Cafe

#15 Reita-kun

Reita-kun

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 04:20 PM

Oh and about volunteering. You don't have to live in the immediate area to volunteer. I'm all the way out in Missouri and I'm still gonna be gofering this year.

thats cool~ i dont think i will be able to this year. MAYBE NEXT YEAR!
----

#16 catch-some-air

catch-some-air

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 05:55 PM

:] So many Pennsylvania people. Makes me feel more comfortable. xD
This is my first Otakon, and I'm so excited. I would love to meet anyone who wants to chill or whatnot.

Just be careful. I tend to flail my arms a lot and hit people.
I'll be cosplaying as Marluxia (the one who you will probably see trip and fall a lot.) Come glomp me. ;D I love glomps.
your signature was too big and has been removed.

#17 Reita-kun

Reita-kun

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 10:35 PM

:] So many Pennsylvania people. Makes me feel more comfortable. xD
This is my first Otakon, and I'm so excited. I would love to meet anyone who wants to chill or whatnot.

Just be careful. I tend to flail my arms a lot and hit people.
I'll be cosplaying as Marluxia (the one who you will probably see trip and fall a lot.) Come glomp me. ;D I love glomps.

YOU SHALL BE GLOMPED!
----

#18 oiriot

oiriot

Otaku In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 08:19 AM

I dont mind meeting new ppl, you can hang out with me, hit me with a pm if you want to meet up
"Please don't worry, Mister, I only came here to obliterate you- not rob you." - Excel (Excel Saga)

#19 kanzen_muketsu

kanzen_muketsu

Otaku In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 08:35 AM

I usually just do things I like and meet people that way...then atleast you have one thing in common...then there's anime...then cosplay and as you can see the list grows fast.

Honestly I perfer to solo since I can get through crowds much quicker alone. With a second person I have to go through the thing of stepping and pivoting on the ball of the back foot mid step to turn sideways while stepping between people...then the other person doesn't practice and I accidentally leave them behind T_T

Aside from picture requests my best time getting from one end of the convention center to the other was something like 3 minutes.
Conventions:
Otakon: 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10 | Ohayocon: 06, 07, 08, 09, 10 | Katsukon 05 | Sugoicon 2010

Cosplay:
Madarame Ikkaku: school outfit, zanpakto, shikai (both forms), bankai.

Deviant Art page

#20 Reita-kun

Reita-kun

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 11:59 AM

I dont mind meeting new ppl, you can hang out with me, hit me with a pm if you want to meet up

that would be cool! you shall get a PM!

I usually just do things I like and meet people that way...then atleast you have one thing in common...then there's anime...then cosplay and as you can see the list grows fast.

Honestly I perfer to solo since I can get through crowds much quicker alone. With a second person I have to go through the thing of stepping and pivoting on the ball of the back foot mid step to turn sideways while stepping between people...then the other person doesn't practice and I accidentally leave them behind T_T

Aside from picture requests my best time getting from one end of the convention center to the other was something like 3 minutes.

Thats a good way to go about honestly!
----

#21 squirrel3d

squirrel3d

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 01:15 PM

As a first-timer to an anime con, I'm also looking for friends that I can hang out with.

#22 onsenmark

onsenmark

Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 01:19 PM

This is only my second con, and I've got people to chill with here and there the weekend, but I could always hang for a few. XD

Also, o hay, bethlehem. I have a penpal from around that way; she's called it "dethlehem". lol. ^^;

Give me cheese to go with my whine.

Thinking about Otakon 2014:

Franken Stein - Soul Eater(Saturday afternoon/evening only)

#23 Chamelion

Chamelion

Otaku In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 02:03 PM

This is only my second con, and I've got people to chill with here and there the weekend, but I could always hang for a few. XD

Also, o hay, bethlehem. I have a penpal from around that way; she's called it "dethlehem". lol. ^^;

The first year I went, I was invited by some friends in an IRC channel, one of them adament that I drive from Lansing, Michigan to Baltimore to meet up with her and the others.

Then I got all but ditched by them for most of the weekend... so I was basically alone, yet I made friends with the people I stayed with at the hotel and been rooming with the basic same group every year since.

I tend to wander the con itself alone; because most everyone else attends a different schedule then I do, and none of them really care for the Masquerade (one of my fave events at any con)... but I'd always welcome company with people of similar interests.

C

#24 oiriot

oiriot

Otaku In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 05:21 PM

As a first-timer to an anime con, I'm also looking for friends that I can hang out with.

Well then shoot me a PM we can meet up during con
"Please don't worry, Mister, I only came here to obliterate you- not rob you." - Excel (Excel Saga)

#25 jrosario7

jrosario7

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 03:12 PM

You know, I went to my first Otakon last year with the hopes we would meet lots of people with similar interests, well that didnt exactly happen, I was there for the full weekend and beyond sharing a few words and complimenting people on thier cosplay, we didnt really "meet" anyone. I would like to hang out with fellow anime fans and what not, but you can honestly go the entire con and not meet a single soul

That said you are more then welcome to hang out with us, and we can be lonely together lol!!

#26 Reita-kun

Reita-kun

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 09:54 PM

Maybe we should PM eachother for numbers and meet up. All of us on this thread! how cool!

HA I call it that too. its so BORING here.

The first year I went, I was invited by some friends in an IRC channel, one of them adament that I drive from Lansing, Michigan to Baltimore to meet up with her and the others.

Then I got all but ditched by them for most of the weekend... so I was basically alone, yet I made friends with the people I stayed with at the hotel and been rooming with the basic same group every year since.

I tend to wander the con itself alone; because most everyone else attends a different schedule then I do, and none of them really care for the Masquerade (one of my fave events at any con)... but I'd always welcome company with people of similar interests.

C

We shalt not leave you alone. Like i said above, we all should exchange info for meet ups and then we can all spend an hour or a couple together! it will be fun!

You know, I went to my first Otakon last year with the hopes we would meet lots of people with similar interests, well that didnt exactly happen, I was there for the full weekend and beyond sharing a few words and complimenting people on thier cosplay, we didnt really "meet" anyone. I would like to hang out with fellow anime fans and what not, but you can honestly go the entire con and not meet a single soul

That said you are more then welcome to hang out with us, and we can be lonely together lol!!

:P
----

#27 tentaclelovegoddess

tentaclelovegoddess

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 05:14 PM

THANKS!

:D YUKI.

Hehe this'll be my 2nd Otakon too! I always love meeting new people! Especially at cons. ^^ I'm from PA too (Pittsburgh).

Send me a PM if ya wanna meet up or anything like that. Elsewise if ya just wanna come say hi, I'll probably be cosplaying Hazuki for a day or two (and probably be the only one doing her black dress =P)
Cosplay Plans for 2012 (Tentative):
Thursday - Myself! Probably.
Friday - Holo (Spice and Wolf) + Cammy (Street Fighter)
Saturday - Shana (Shakugan no Shana) + Formal Deedlit (Record of Lodoss)
Sunday - Hazuki (Tsukuyomi: Moon Phase)

#28 Jhawk

Jhawk

Otaku In Training

• Otakon Staff
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 05:29 PM

Funny thing is this is my 2nd Otakon as well. But I fell in love with it back in 2001. I just couldn't go due to requirements elsewhere after that. Darn band camp and band trips conflicting for nearly 7 straight years.

Jonathan Hawkins2009 Gofer, 2010 Staff Pool, 2011 Registration/Game Show, 2012 - Current Maid Cafe

#29 tentaclelovegoddess

tentaclelovegoddess

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 06:33 PM

Funny thing is this is my 2nd Otakon as well. But I fell in love with it back in 2001. I just couldn't go due to requirements elsewhere after that. Darn band camp and band trips conflicting for nearly 7 straight years.

I went last year but it was SO last minute and rushed (literally booked hotel the MORNING OF eheh ^^;; + standing in crazy at-door reg line) that both me and my bf got sick and kinda made the whole thing meh. This year we're a little more prepared so I hope it goes over better!
Cosplay Plans for 2012 (Tentative):
Thursday - Myself! Probably.
Friday - Holo (Spice and Wolf) + Cammy (Street Fighter)
Saturday - Shana (Shakugan no Shana) + Formal Deedlit (Record of Lodoss)
Sunday - Hazuki (Tsukuyomi: Moon Phase)

#30 Reita-kun

Reita-kun

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 08:28 PM

THANKS!

:( YUKI.

Hehe this'll be my 2nd Otakon too! I always love meeting new people! Especially at cons. ^^ I'm from PA too (Pittsburgh).

Send me a PM if ya wanna meet up or anything like that. Elsewise if ya just wanna come say hi, I'll probably be cosplaying Hazuki for a day or two (and probably be the only one doing her black dress =P)

oh sweet, we should meet up with other people too, it will be fun! I SHALL PM YOU!

I had band camp once! i miss it!!!!!!!

I went last year but it was SO last minute and rushed (literally booked hotel the MORNING OF eheh ^^;; + standing in crazy at-door reg line) that both me and my bf got sick and kinda made the whole thing meh. This year we're a little more prepared so I hope it goes over better!

its better to be prepared!
----

#31 animal_crackers

animal_crackers

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 01:46 AM

I'm going to be heading solo this year, too. Feel free to PM me if you'd like to meet up!

#32 Otaku Ru

Otaku Ru

Disciplinary Committee Chair

• Veteran Members
  • 2,733 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 02:53 AM

I'm flying solo too, wouldn't mind chilling. Get at me if you wish.

gama2014_zps45cead10.jpg

Facebook | Soundcloud

[John B., Member '07, '09-'12, '14]

Fanvideos:  2014 | 2012 | 2011

#33 onsenmark

onsenmark

Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 11:36 PM

So is this still going on?

Give me cheese to go with my whine.

Thinking about Otakon 2014:

Franken Stein - Soul Eater(Saturday afternoon/evening only)