Photo

One WEEK Until Otakon 2009!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
252 replies to this topic

#1 onsenmark

onsenmark

Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 09:27 AM

Well, someone had to do it. In any case, we are at the one-week mark until Otakon(give or take).

Let the mad scramble commence!

*blinks* Egad! I still have things to sell! :D *runs off*

Give me cheese to go with my whine.

Thinking about Otakon 2014:

Franken Stein - Soul Eater(Saturday afternoon/evening only)

#2 jkid

jkid

Otaku In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 09:42 AM

Here's my to do list before Otakon 2009
[]-Finalize schedule (will be finalized on July 13 8pm)
[]-Pack up suitcase
[]-Make mini schedule for g1 phone
[]-Finalize personal convention music playlist for otakon
[]-Play video games to bide time
[]-Buy train tickets for MARC Thursday, Friday, and Amtrak Sunday afternoon
[]-Finish watching anime I bought from previous conventions
[]-Complete have camera and camcorder ready to go (All batteries charged, all memory cleaned out, get a separate memory card reader)
[]-Clean out portable hard disc drive.
[]-Get snacks to buy before con

Eight days until the madness begins!

#3 kreidas

kreidas

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 09:46 AM

I'm semi-excited right now..

I guess it wont fully set in until I finish Saturday's Tennis Social matches...currently I'm more excited about playing tennis for 6 hours straight potentially than anime...

#4 onsenmark

onsenmark

Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 09:50 AM

I'm semi-excited right now..

I guess it wont fully set in until I finish Saturday's Tennis Social matches...currently I'm more excited about playing tennis for 6 hours straight potentially than anime...

It prolly finally won't set in for me until Sunday, probably.

#5 amishpriest

amishpriest

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 10:01 AM

Can't wait, though now I'm pretty much in wait mode until I decide to pack at the last minute.
Posted Image

#6 MissV

MissV

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 10:06 AM

My to do list before Otakon;

Go to the beach.
Come back from the beach.

XD
Visit my small and humble comic shop ebay store! :D

http://stores.shop.e...arth-Two-Comics

#7 DDR BIG C

DDR BIG C

Otaku In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 10:09 AM

It's the FINAL COUNTDOWN!!!!!!! Who's ready for Otakon 2009!!!!!!! Every year 22,000 people from around the world flock to the baltimore convention center for the biggest convention on the east coast. Thiss will be my 8th Otakon and I look forward to it every year, it's almost like the superbowl, wrestlemania, the world series all rolled into one big event.
Otakon is the superbowl of anime conventions, the wrestlemania of anime cons and it's a feeling that i can't explain you have to be there to experience it.

#8 viga

viga

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 10:16 AM

I did laundry last night. Guess who's packing a week AHEAD!

Yes I am obsessed. Plus I average two outfits per day. Some outfits I don't want to wear while presenting panels. I don't think gonguro and lolita is alright to wear for certain subject I'm coverings. Well I might be lolita for the yaoi panel just to match my Miwako co panelist.

#9 onsenmark

onsenmark

Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 10:32 AM

It's the FINAL COUNTDOWN!!!!!!! Who's ready for Otakon 2009!!!!!!! Every year 22,000 people from around the world flock to the baltimore convention center for the biggest convention on the east coast. Thiss will be my 8th Otakon and I look forward to it every year, it's almost like the superbowl, wrestlemania, the world series all rolled into one big event.

Somehow, I now have this idea of someone doing this in the Road Dogg's voice. XD

@viga: I need to do laundry next week; thankfully, it'll be but a small load since I did a metric ton of it a week or so back. XD

Edited by onsenmark, 09 July 2009 - 10:32 AM.

#10 Revengel

Revengel

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 10:40 AM

Ahh....

I have to help Beloved with pining up a costume tonight...and I have a couple of things to pick up at the store. After that it's some laundry, pack and wait (but I've got TONS of stuff to keep me busy!)
Been to every Otakon since 1997 and counting...

#11 RPGoddess

RPGoddess

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 134 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 10:47 AM

o_________________o

I have SO MUCH CRAP to do still to get ready for the Artist's Alley! Guess who's not sleeping this weekend. Although that might be a good thing - I had this nightmare the other day that the AA got moved to some strange small room and my PVC stand didn't work and I had to carve my backdrop out of these large wax panels and half my merchandise got stolen. ;___;

#12 mailechan

mailechan

Otaku

• Otakon Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 10:58 AM

Accuweather.com says this about Thursday daytime:

High: 88 °F RealFeelŪ: 95 °F
Humid with clouds and sun

But then they say it'll drop down into the 60s at night.
Maile Kihara
Con Ops, Staff Suite, 1999-2009
Guests Relations 2010

#13 onsenmark

onsenmark

Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 11:01 AM

Accuweather.com says this about Thursday daytime:

High: 88 °F RealFeelŪ: 95 °F
Humid with clouds and sun

But then they say it'll drop down into the 60s at night.

Ugh, heat index. The bane of my summertime outdoor experience. Luckily, I'll be indoors much of the time.

But we likes the cooler tems, oh yes we does. XD

#14 dannylam4

dannylam4

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 137 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 11:03 AM

Go to the beach.

XD

I'll have what she's having, please? >>

#15 MissV

MissV

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 11:42 AM

Go to the beach.

XD

I didn't make any costumes this year (save for my Mario one, but I bought everything for that at Wal Mart!) and the only thing I need money for is my hotel. I've been more or less ready for Otakon since...Otakon ended last year! o_o; I'm pretty excited to go to the beach though!
Visit my small and humble comic shop ebay store! :D

http://stores.shop.e...arth-Two-Comics

#16 dannylam4

dannylam4

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 137 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 11:48 AM

Go to the beach.

XD

I didn't make any costumes this year (save for my Mario one, but I bought everything for that at Wal Mart!) and the only thing I need money for is my hotel. I've been more or less ready for Otakon since...Otakon ended last year! o_o; I'm pretty excited to go to the beach though!

That's pretty cool, haha. I haven't been to the beach in too long...

#17 IceCreamGuitar

IceCreamGuitar

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 02:36 PM

It hasn't set in for me yet either. Still feels like an insane amount away...the most exciting thing that happened to me today was that I finally figured out how to get custom ringtones on my ghetto phone. And I ate too much Chinese food.

Although...my friend is currently ranting about how Vic Mignogna is coming to Otakon. But I see no signs of that. O_o But she seems so excited, I'd hate to burst her bubble...

#18 dannylam4

dannylam4

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 137 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 02:42 PM

It hasn't set in for me yet either. Still feels like an insane amount away...the most exciting thing that happened to me today was that I finally figured out how to get custom ringtones on my ghetto phone. And I ate too much Chinese food.

Although...my friend is currently ranting about how Vic Mignogna is coming to Otakon. But I see no signs of that. O_o But she seems so excited, I'd hate to burst her bubble...

Me and my friends ran into him at McDonalds! He's pretty cool. He was part of the Dub Actors After Dark [18+] so maybe he'll be part of that again this year? I don't think they listed who's being part of it anyway...

#19 IceCreamGuitar

IceCreamGuitar

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 02:50 PM

Oh, really? That's true...he could be something aside from a featured guest...but you'd think his official site would say something about that then, but his site doesn't have Otakon listed on the convention list.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be pumped if Vic was there. Travis and Vic in the same place seems amazing. =O

#20 dannylam4

dannylam4

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 137 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 02:58 PM

Oh, really? That's true...he could be something aside from a featured guest...but you'd think his official site would say something about that then, but his site doesn't have Otakon listed on the convention list.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be pumped if Vic was there. Travis and Vic in the same place seems amazing. =O

Haha, well if they ARE attending the Dub Actors After Dark, hopefully you're 18 or older or you won't get in. Last time, they dropped curse words like no other XD It was amazing... I'd tell you what they called the voice actor from Inuyasha, but I think it's against the rules >>

#21 IceCreamGuitar

IceCreamGuitar

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 02:58 PM

I'm notttt...I'm 15. xD Sadness. Oh well. Maybe I'll stop by McDonald's while I'm there, if that's where Vic hangs out...

#22 dannylam4

dannylam4

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 137 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 03:00 PM

I'm notttt...I'm 15. xD Sadness. Oh well. Maybe I'll stop by McDonald's while I'm there, if that's where Vic hangs out...

XD! If I remember correctly, him and the Masquerade host went after Masquerade. Haha, but maybe they'll also be doing a non 18+ panel... you never know!

#23 IceCreamGuitar

IceCreamGuitar

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 03:03 PM

They ARE having a Full Metal Alchemist panel...hrrrrmmm...if I liked Full Metal Alchemist, I'd go to it. xD But I don't...I'm a Vic Mignogna fan because of Ouran.

#24 kreidas

kreidas

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 03:30 PM

Go to the beach.

XD

That's pretty cool, haha. I haven't been to the beach in too long...

Dang you and Ocean City:)

Anyways, have a good time come Sunday:)

#25 IceCreamGuitar

IceCreamGuitar

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 03:31 PM

Aah, Ocean City...that's where I bought my pet hermit crab...good times, good times.

#26 Revengel

Revengel

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 03:33 PM

This time next week...we'll have about an hour before the line begins to move.

*pant**pant**pant**pant**pant**pant**pant**pant*
Been to every Otakon since 1997 and counting...

#27 DDR BIG C

DDR BIG C

Otaku In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 03:35 PM

I know, I'm gonna be in that line around 9:00am
Otakon is the superbowl of anime conventions, the wrestlemania of anime cons and it's a feeling that i can't explain you have to be there to experience it.

#28 IceCreamGuitar

IceCreamGuitar

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 03:37 PM

I'm not gonna be in the line at all...I shall be in the pre-reg line in the morning on Saturday...

#29 dannylam4

dannylam4

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 137 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 03:38 PM

Work all next week will be me rocking back and forth in my chair waiting for Thursday to come...

#30 tycoonmike

tycoonmike

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 03:43 PM

Unfortunately you'll have to burst her bubble. To my knowledge, Vic is going to be in the UK during Otakon.

I am SO looking forward to getting out of the house next week. I just don't want to drive to Baltimore from central New York X(
I am an otaku, and I am not ashamed of it. Who and what are you?

Anime Boston 2009 (First Con!)- Red Mage (Final Fantasy I)
Otakon 2009- General Leo Christophe (Final Fantasy VI)
Anime Boston/Otakon 2010- Unknown (Kingdom Hearts II)

#31 IceCreamGuitar

IceCreamGuitar

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 03:55 PM

Well...driving from central New York to Baltimore does seem like getting out of the house! You get your wish. =O I don't plan on getting out of the house after this Saturday...which is depressing...but oh well...who needs a social life?

#32 Vetes

Vetes

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 139 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 04:43 PM

I got 4 days of work left until I start my vacation on Tuesday which involves me going to Warped Tour in Columbia on Tuesday then relaxing and seeing Harry Potter 6 on Wed before going to pre reg on Thursday. I have a few things to get done before the con like get the Japanese Wrestling Panel presentation finished and work on a pamphlet for something else.
StevenDiggsJr.com My homepage featuring many oddball stories that you will love. Looking for an artist to co-create a comic I want to write. PM me if interested.

#33 oakzap425

oakzap425

Otaku In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 05:18 PM

I got 4 days of work left until I start my vacation on Tuesday which involves me going to Warped Tour in Columbia on Tuesday then relaxing and seeing Harry Potter 6 on Wed before going to pre reg on Thursday. I have a few things to get done before the con like get the Japanese Wrestling Panel presentation finished and work on a pamphlet for something else.

I'm with you there. I officially start vacation on Monday, and I don't return back to work until the 25th. I'm so ready.

#34 Ladymercury

Ladymercury

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 05:38 PM

One week till Otakon (Flying out Thursday morning!) and my laptop mobo blows out on me.

sakl;jgs;lkgsa sucks to be a panelist right now :(
otakon 2008, otakon 2009, and making it to my third year: otakon 2010
otakon japanese drama & johnny's entertainment panel host 2009
lol, japan - cynical opinions on japanese dramas | blue bird | amateur ice short track speed skater

#35 MrBlinker

MrBlinker

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 07:00 PM

One week till Otakon (Flying out Thursday morning!) and my laptop mobo blows out on me.

sakl;jgs;lkgsa sucks to be a panelist right now :(

Eww... :x

hmm... 4 more days of work, including today (Friday) which has already begun. The only bad thing is the evil flight. :P 24 hours is too loooooong!!!

Well, not really but I get antsy on the long flight. :P

I need to start packing!

Oh yeah and <3 Otakon staff for having prereg on Thursday open until 11!! <3<3<3

Edited by MrBlinker, 09 July 2009 - 07:00 PM.

#36 HanaKirei

HanaKirei

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 07:06 PM

I need to do my packing some time soon... lucky for me I've only got two more work days left. The rest I'm off to do as I please. Heck yeah.

I'm way too excited to be volunteering this year. No. Really. I am. XD I haven't gotten to gofer proper at a con since ye old days of I-CON when my mother actually went and took me along. Good times man. Good times.

#37 LadySkellington

LadySkellington

Otaku In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 07:07 PM

WHOO SO 'CITED

I gave up on one of my cosplays (I'll do her for AnimeUSA in November) because I ran out of time. However I am currently repairing my favorite cosplay, and while it's tedious I AM SO EXCITED.

ONE WEEK TILL I HAVE MY OTAKON 2009 BADGE! :(

Otakon 2011:
Makina, Corpse Princess
Silent Hill Nurse
Jack Skellington
See you at the Con!

#38 danidac7

danidac7

Otaku In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 07:27 PM

im excited! i just finnished some last minute stitching for my chobits dress and now im waiting till saturday to use my 50% off cupon to get the model magic to attempt to make yet a seccond pair of chii ears because im too nit picky T^T! TALK ABOUT CALLING IT CLOSE! cant wait! and i agree!! thank you so much otakon staff for making pre reg open till 11! thats cool! :( :P
Mearf! ^_^

#39 BatKandi

BatKandi

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 07:51 PM

Oi, well. I gotta go have my graduation party tommorow, so I'm excited about that.
Then I still have to make a set of wings and a mask for my zubat costume, then I'll be all ready :x.

#40 IceCreamGuitar

IceCreamGuitar

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 07:53 PM

Anyone know how to easily pack a wig into the back of a car?

#41 4r15u

4r15u

Otaku In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 07:58 PM

Wheee! I can't wait otakon is soooo close------AND I STILL HAVENT SOWED UP MY YUUKI COAT YET TT____TT;;; ::grabs sowing kit:: Off to work!

Otakon 2014 cosplays!

Yakumo - School Rumble

Shiro - No game no life

#42 squirrel3d

squirrel3d

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 08:56 PM

Well this is gonna be a first in my life. My very first anime con, and I really hope I can accomplish the goals I said I wanted to do at this thing. But if there's one thing I won't do, it's dress up. Sorry people, cosplaying isn't my thing. But I do know just the right clothes to wear.

#43 oiriot

oiriot

Otaku In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 09:10 PM

haha I wont even pack anything till the day before, then I'll get there and know i forgot something.
"Please don't worry, Mister, I only came here to obliterate you- not rob you." - Excel (Excel Saga)

#44 Tareei

Tareei

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 09:59 PM

I still have so much to do! I just finished buying all the pieces for my costume today! And then I have to pack and buy groceries... I like it when things get crazy though- that's when you know you're having fun :P

#45 JeuneFille

JeuneFille

Neophyte Otaku

• Otakon Staff
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 10:13 PM

I'm not even close to being ready. I'm still waiting for the final piece of my Friday cosplay to come in, I need to finish a few pieces for the other costumes, and then the packing process begins. My boyfriend and I will be driving from PA to DE and then to Baltimore on Thursday...and then its gofer orientation for me. I'm excited but just worried that I won't get everything finished on time O.o.

There will be very little sleep til Otakon...and during Otakon lol.

Edited by JeuneFille, 09 July 2009 - 10:16 PM.

Colleen Capone

Video Ops. Staff Otakon '10
Gofer #933 Otakon '09
Otakon Attendee 2004-2008

#46 kreidas

kreidas

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 10:42 PM

I'm not even close to being ready. I'm still waiting for the final piece of my Friday cosplay to come in, I need to finish a few pieces for the other costumes, and then the packing process begins. My boyfriend and I will be driving from PA to DE and then to Baltimore on Thursday...and then its gofer orientation for me. I'm excited but just worried that I won't get everything finished on time O.o.

There will be very little sleep til Otakon...and during Otakon lol.

Coffee is gonna be your best friend, isn't it?:P

#47 Transepoch

Transepoch

Otaku

• Otakon Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 10:46 PM

Arghh! All this talk of laundry reminding me I need to figure out what to do, since the my usual Sunday times aren't really practical next weekend... that and I need to go flip the load in there now. *scurries off*
Bill Glassbrook
Otakon 2006/2007/2008: 1st Con & Otakon & Gofer #655-Mark I/II/IIV
Otakon 2009/2010/2011/2012/2013/2014: Treasury
Otakon Vegas 2014: Treasury

Forums are evil ... and not the good kind of evil.

#48 coolerninjathanu

coolerninjathanu

Otaku In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 10:59 PM

Im hoping to go to work next week to make some more for the con. Im a waitress and i spent all of my money on a camping trip to Knobels. Damn that place and there good food and awesome rides....

I just washed clothes so i might aswell start packing but knowing me i wont till the very last minute on thursday.

It hasnt hit me yet tho. It will on the ride there seeing the signs for baltimore and 81 South! I can imagin it already!!!! Cant wait.

What you looking at, So what i like anime! At least i have an interesting thing and you dont.

PKK- Player Killed Keiana

#49 IceCreamGuitar

IceCreamGuitar

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 11:06 PM

Oh, yeah, when I get on the road, THAT'S when I'll get hyper.

The thing is, we go up the same road that we go up to get to Otakon all the time...like, in order to get to my dentist we have to go through the same town and everything...and when we happen to go through that town when it's dark and the streetlights are on...it reminds me of how it looked when we drove through there at 2 AM to get to Otakon and it makes my stomach feel all excited. xD It does that no matter how far Otakon is away now and it's kinda annoyingggg.

#50 Otaku Ru

Otaku Ru

Disciplinary Committee Chair

• Veteran Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,733 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 11:07 PM

Selling some stuff of mine in a last minute desperation measure for extra con cash... Also borrowing $50 from the parents. > 3<

gama2014_zps45cead10.jpg

Facebook | Soundcloud

[John B., Member '07, '09-'12, '14]

Fanvideos:  2014 | 2012 | 2011