Photo

Musical Guest Request 2010

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
240 replies to this topic

#201 Bl2w

Bl2w

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 12:08 PM

Hmmm..... Any chance that on their way to Lollapalooza, X Japan may be planning to drop by Otakon Saturday just to say hi?

What gave you the impression I was referring to a guest?

Events, perhaps? :3 Something new, maybe? From what I hear, Otakon seems to try something new every year. (Something I think is very cool, indeed. :) )

| Check out my studio, KyokoPro Studios, on Facebook, deviantART, & YouTube~! |

#202 ImmortalDarknyss

ImmortalDarknyss

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 11:11 PM

You never said that you weren't. And, well, this is a thread about musical guests...so.... :)

#203 alabaster

alabaster

Grand Vizier

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,951 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 11:15 AM

You never said that you weren't. And, well, this is a thread about musical guests...so.... :)

Well it is a reasonable assumption, certainly, but please don't forget that I'm *evil* and enjoy playing word games with you guys. While it's vastly entertaining to watch you guys try to figure it all out, it's only fair to remind you that I am being pretty deliberate about what I do and don't say, and that making assumptions may lead you down the wrong path.

It's also fair to remind everyone that sometimes plans evolve, and things change, and opportunities sometimes crop up that weren't there before.

Anyway....so I've just come back from Japan, and then San Francisco, and I can assure you that my time in both places was not wasted. Once I unbury myself from the pile of laundry and work, I will be following up on some very interesting conversations....

Jim Vowles
Director of Guests & Industry Relations (Otakon & Otakon Vegas)

Previously:
Chair, Otakon Music Festival (2012), Programming Division Head (2012)
Special Projects Coordinator (2011-2012), Relations Section Chief (2007-2010)

Con Chair Emeritus (Otakon 2006), Vice Chair (2005)
President (2006), Vice President (2005)

Member-at-Large (2004, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013)

Grand Vizier of the Ota-Net (& former gofer #12)

#204 Bl2w

Bl2w

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 01:08 PM

You never said that you weren't. And, well, this is a thread about musical guests...so.... :D

Well it is a reasonable assumption, certainly, but please don't forget that I'm *evil* and enjoy playing word games with you guys. While it's vastly entertaining to watch you guys try to figure it all out, it's only fair to remind you that I am being pretty deliberate about what I do and don't say, and that making assumptions may lead you down the wrong path.

It's also fair to remind everyone that sometimes plans evolve, and things change, and opportunities sometimes crop up that weren't there before.

Anyway....so I've just come back from Japan, and then San Francisco, and I can assure you that my time in both places was not wasted. Once I unbury myself from the pile of laundry and work, I will be following up on some very interesting conversations....

Even so, hopefully we'll hear some news about future guests? Maybe even hint about what's to come next? ;) (Even if it's another dreaded word game, I don't mind. :o )

#205 ImmortalDarknyss

ImmortalDarknyss

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 09:57 AM

Intriguing. B) Whatever they may be, definately looking forward to hearing more about these plans in the works.

#206 busyizzy

busyizzy

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 07:35 PM

Oh I know this year's guests are penciled in already, but just wanted to throw out a few names for next year's consideration:

I would love love LOVE if Radwimps could make it here someday. I would also like Bump of Chicken, but I'm not sure if they've played in the US before or not. But yeah, Radwimps would be supremely awesome! Please look into it for future guests! Thank you!

#207 Shiro420

Shiro420

Seasoned Otaku

• Otakon Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 04:39 PM

I am gonna have to put my request for School Food Punishment out there. Great band with a very unique music style and they did the theme for Higashi no Eden I believe.

Chris Lane
2004-2009: Attendee
2010-2011, 2013: Registration Staff

#208 hime-chan otakugirl07

hime-chan otakugirl07

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 07:50 PM

FLOW!! I like them =)

BoA!! Highly unlikely I know, but she is my all time favorite singer ever!

Leet Street Boys! Woo!!

LEETSTREET BOYS!!!!!!! PLEASE GET THE LEETSTREET BOYS AT OTAKON!!!!!!!!!!! hopefully the all caps and bold will get their attention lol. it would make my little otaku life complete if they would come. this is my very first con and they would make it extra special. *puppy dog eyes* please?
"A sound soul dwells within a sound mind and a sound body" -maka, soul eater
"Everyone loves anime, its just otaku admit they do"-me

#209 Nocturne

Nocturne

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 10:17 PM

I would love love LOVE if Radwimps could make it here someday. I would also like Bump of Chicken, but I'm not sure if they've played in the US before or not. But yeah, Radwimps would be supremely awesome! Please look into it for future guests! Thank you!

Holy crap, I seriously just started listening to the band Radwimps a few days ago. I freaking love them. That would make Otakon for me ten times over. Though dont get them next year, I dont think I will be able to make it due to college.

#210 alabaster

alabaster

Grand Vizier

• Board Moderator
  • 10,951 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 11:37 AM

Guys -- please understand: Otakon is already booked for musical guests for 2010. Our Friday and Sunday concert headliners have already been announced. Unless the labels approach us with freebies, we won't be squeezing anyone else in.

If we have anything else on the musical guest front, it will NOT be a big saturday concert, and it would already be underway.

Jim Vowles

Previously:

#211 DuelNatsuko

DuelNatsuko

Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 12:20 AM

Guys -- please understand: Otakon is already booked for musical guests for 2010. Our Friday and Sunday concert headliners have already been announced. Unless the labels approach us with freebies, we won't be squeezing anyone else in.

If we have anything else on the musical guest front, it will NOT be a big saturday concert, and it would already be underway.

With that being said, I am very relieved that I won't be missing any Otakon concerts on Saturday. Turns out my favorite band (Paramore) is playing in Columbia that evening, and I happen to get awesome spots for that concert. HEHE.

Follow me on Instagram: Steffiehime

#212 NOTanOTAKU

NOTanOTAKU

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 02:14 AM

So does this mean that Otakon will only have 2 musical guests this year?
I'm just curious :)

#213 motoki-O

motoki-O

Seasoned Otaku

• Otakon Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 08:54 AM

So does this mean that Otakon will only have 2 musical guests this year?
I'm just curious :)

I feel pretty sure I've said that already, but yes, the plan is two have two official concerts this year.

Keep in mind, though, that that has been the plan every year since I took over this section in 2007. If the right opportunity came up and was workable within budget and didn't overly strain my team, I'd consider it. There WILL be significant musical programming on Saturday, though -- that I promise you.

There's a possibility that we might gain an opening act. But I'm really trying to avoid squeezing in a Saturday concert because it's just an awful lot of work juggling the logistics and timing and staffing, since the usual Main Events crew are working on the Masquerade show all day Saturday. It took quite a bit of juggling to make a Saturday show happen the last couple of years and we're trying to keep things a little less insane this year. (And there may be something else happening that will pull many of my staffers....but I don't want to jinx that possibility.)

By way of background, there are basically two crews that are required to support concerts: the main events tech staff, and the guest relations staff (typically a handler and 1-2 interpreters). For every performance, you need a production meeting, a rehearsal, a tech run-through, and a sound check. The venue isn't ready until Thursday evening, and we have limited time then to do a lot. So friday morning, the friday act is doing its prep, and then the handlers/interpreters are busy with the band all weekend. Saturday, everyone's in panels and autographs and press. Sunday, the sunday act's busy all day and really, they needed time on Saturday because trying to get musicians and techies moving very early on Sunday morning (after Saturday parties) is pretty hard. So again -- limited time. It's been a real squeeze to fit in more concert time.

(o^_^o) Québec!

Marvin Vinluan
Publications Staff · Registration Staff (ret.)
Otakorp Recording Secretary 2013
Gofer 445 (04-05) · TCG 445 (06-07)

#214 alabaster

alabaster

Grand Vizier

• Board Moderator
  • 10,951 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 01:14 PM

Sigh.

You'd think after 6 years of this I'd have grown used to the fact that most people who "read" the forum don't actually look at the words in it...

:)

I would be interested in a (non-staffer) perspective on what people *think* I have said....y'know, since I'm pretty tricky with words sometimes...

Edited by alabaster, 18 April 2010 - 01:15 PM.

Jim Vowles

Previously:

#215 NOTanOTAKU

NOTanOTAKU

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 06:38 PM

Sigh.

You'd think after 6 years of this I'd have grown used to the fact that most people who "read" the forum don't actually look at the words in it...

I would be interested in a (non-staffer) perspective on what people *think* I have said....y'know, since I'm pretty tricky with words sometimes...

I'm sorry, I was just confused by the wording. I have been studying abroad for the past year so my English is rusty right now.
I saw that you posted about having two concerts this year, but I wasn't sure if that "concert headliners" meant there was going to be opening acts or additional musical guests who don't plan on performing at Otakon (like VAMPS last year).

#216 alabaster

alabaster

Grand Vizier

• Board Moderator
  • 10,951 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 11:15 PM

Sigh.

I'm sorry, I was just confused by the wording. I have been studying abroad for the past year so my English is rusty right now.
I saw that you posted about having two concerts this year, but I wasn't sure if that "concert headliners" meant there was going to be opening acts or additional musical guests who don't plan on performing at Otakon (like VAMPS last year).

Oh, please don't take it personally! I get grumpy from time to time, at least partly because the same questions crop up so frequently in the same thread.

As for your more specific question...the only answer I'll give right now is that you seem to be parsing my words carefully. As you say, I have only said that there won't be another full concert. Anything further would be conjecture....

Jim Vowles

Previously:

#217 UhOhxitsNami

UhOhxitsNami

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 08:26 PM

Sigh.

^_^

Oh, please don't take it personally! I get grumpy from time to time, at least partly because the same questions crop up so frequently in the same thread.

As for your more specific question...the only answer I'll give right now is that you seem to be parsing my words carefully. As you say, I have only said that there won't be another full concert. Anything further would be conjecture....

.........Be conjecture! =D
Look for me Otakon '10! <3333

Posted Image

-------------- Day wear :3 ---------------------- Rave wear :] --------------

I might be possibly running around in a Pikachu kigurumi (what I use as PJs) as well in the mornings to get breakfast!
Say hello to me!

#218 alabaster

alabaster

Grand Vizier

• Board Moderator
  • 10,951 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 10:54 AM

Expect an update by next week.

Jim Vowles

Previously:

#219 tstidm1

tstidm1

Redneck Otaku

• Otakon Gofers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 11:29 AM

Sigh.

^_^

What I am reading it as possibly Panels with a Musical guest who isn't performing, the musical guests panels (most likely), or a partnership to bring Video Games Live to the Meyerhoff (with an additional fee). That is what I am reading it as one of those possibilities. I have noticed that Video Games Live website is saying that there is a TBD announced concert in Baltimore. I think the weekend of Otakon would be a great weekend for it. Otakon takes over a hotel and convention center for a weekend. Wouldn't it be cool if took over the city like Artscape does? T

#220 Alxmissanime

Alxmissanime

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 11:25 AM

CAN WE PLEASE HAVE MIYAVI ISHIHARA WHO IS FINALLY ON TOUR IN AMERICA HERE?! I KNOW IF YOU ADD HIM TO OTAKON WEEKEND, IT'LL BE THE BEST TURN OUT IN OTAKON HISTORY! I LOVE HIM PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE OTAKON SEMPAI'S!!!

(EDITED to remove obnoxious giant font and caps)

Edited by alabaster, 21 May 2010 - 01:55 PM.

Japan: Summer 2012
Otakon Attendee since 07' :D
Dj Black Ops<3

#221 onsenmark

onsenmark

Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 11:46 AM

Egad, double-posting *and* caps lock? O_o

Also, AFAIK, Ota's already booked solid for musical acts this year.

Give me cheese to go with my whine.

Thinking about Otakon 2014:

Franken Stein - Soul Eater(Saturday afternoon/evening only)

#222 alabaster

alabaster

Grand Vizier

• Board Moderator
  • 10,951 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 01:57 PM

CAN WE PLEASE HAVE MIYAVI ISHIHARA WHO IS FINALLY ON TOUR IN AMERICA HERE?! I KNOW IF YOU ADD HIM TO OTAKON WEEKEND, IT'LL BE THE BEST TURN OUT IN OTAKON HISTORY! I LOVE HIM PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE OTAKON SEMPAI'S!!!

Nope.

This year's all booked up. There's at least one more pretty big musical thing to announce, and a few pleasant surprises yet to come.

And even if it weren't Miyavi's not something you can throw in without prior planning a couple of months before the con.

Jim Vowles

Previously:

#223 onsenmark

onsenmark

Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 01:58 PM

Nope.

This year's all booked up. There's at least one more pretty big musical thing to announce, and a few pleasant surprises yet to come.

And even if it weren't Miyavi's not something you can throw in without prior planning a couple of months before the con.

Shonen Knife...
Shonen Knife...
Shonen Knife...
Shonen Knife...

Don't mind me. Just getting ready for Otakon 2011. :)

Give me cheese to go with my whine.

Thinking about Otakon 2014:

Franken Stein - Soul Eater(Saturday afternoon/evening only)

#224 Tsuki

Tsuki

NOPE

• Otakon Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 910 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 04:14 PM

For future years it would be awesome if one day we had Tomoyasu Hotei or Shinichi Osawa. It would make my day! like forever tee hee. but its all wishful thinking.

~Cristina "Tsuki" Tenicela Odom~
Assistant Division Director - Member Services - Otakon 2014
Virtual Info Desk Department Head- Otakon 2014
Otakorp Help Desk Minion 2014

Staffer Since 2001
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE HELIX ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

#225 ZenErik

ZenErik

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 03:31 PM

Yui Makino plz! It'd be the best thing ever.
AnimeNEXT/Otakon 2010:
Tomoya Okazaki (Clannad)
Yuki Sohma (Fruits Basket)
Tsukasa Hiiragi (Lucky Star)

Music:
Arm The Citizen
Deserving Teeth

#226 raythebishie

raythebishie

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 07:47 PM

Becca

#227 Bl2w

Bl2w

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 09:19 PM

Becca

But... BECCA was already at Otakon just last year. It's *highly* unlikely that they would just bring her back, especially since Otakon never recycles their past musical guests. :)

#228 raythebishie

raythebishie

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 12:05 AM

Becca

But... BECCA was already at Otakon just last year. It's *highly* unlikely that they would just bring her back, especially since Otakon never recycles their past musical guests. :D

that stinks i wasnt able to attend last year :)

#229 Alxmissanime

Alxmissanime

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 09:01 AM

hey alabaster-senpai can u give us a hint to who are next musical guest is?
Japan: Summer 2012
Otakon Attendee since 07' :D
Dj Black Ops<3

#230 alabaster

alabaster

Grand Vizier

• Board Moderator
  • 10,951 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 09:40 AM

I've already announced our Friday and Sunday concerts.

However I *will* be announcing a couple more guests very soon. I think it's fair to say that we still have stuff up our sleeves on the musical front, and I think people will be fairly happy about what we have to say....

One of the frustrating things about aiming high for guests (including musical guests) is that it can be a far more frustrating trip on my side, because it takes longer to put the deals together. Even though some amazing opportunities practically fall into our laps, that's only the *start* of the process. The rest is where the real work comes into play.

BTW: As some of you look with jealous eyes at the offerings of our friends out in LA, remember that our concerts are included in your membership fee, and you don't have to pay extra to go see them.

Jim Vowles

Previously:

#231 Shiro420

Shiro420

Seasoned Otaku

• Otakon Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 10:57 PM

I've already announced our Friday and Sunday concerts.

However I *will* be announcing a couple more guests very soon. I think it's fair to say that we still have stuff up our sleeves on the musical front, and I think people will be fairly happy about what we have to say....

One of the frustrating things about aiming high for guests (including musical guests) is that it can be a far more frustrating trip on my side, because it takes longer to put the deals together. Even though some amazing opportunities practically fall into our laps, that's only the *start* of the process. The rest is where the real work comes into play.

BTW: As some of you look with jealous eyes at the offerings of our friends out in LA, remember that our concerts are included in your membership fee, and you don't have to pay extra to go see them.

I am curious. I know the economy is really hurting right now but are you still hoping to do some kind of music fest sort of event in the future? I remember you were hinting at that possibly happening at some point...

Edited by Shiro420, 09 June 2010 - 10:58 PM.

Chris Lane
2004-2009: Attendee
2010-2011, 2013: Registration Staff

#232 alabaster

alabaster

Grand Vizier

• Board Moderator
  • 10,951 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 11:41 PM

It's not forgotten, and there is some movement on that front, but right now our priority is this year's Otakon.

Oh, and by the way: expect a bit of news in the next week. Just sent off a draft press release.

Jim Vowles

Previously:

#233 coolerninjathanu

coolerninjathanu

Otaku In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 01:16 PM

It's not forgotten, and there is some movement on that front, but right now our priority is this year's Otakon.

Oh, and by the way: expect a bit of news in the next week. Just sent off a draft press release.

Do you know how much we love you? ( and hate you for the tormenting) lol

What you looking at, So what i like anime! At least i have an interesting thing and you dont.

PKK- Player Killed Keiana

#234 alabaster

alabaster

Grand Vizier

• Board Moderator
  • 10,951 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 03:32 PM

It should be:

Two people on one day.

One person on a different day.

Possibly the second will come first.

Also there should be a special promo coming along soon for some concert tickets...

PS: I'll take credit for the careful torturing here -- that really *is* all me, and I've been doing it since before we announced L'Arc~en~Ciel wayyy back in 2004. I've been pretty up front about how much I enjoy that aspect of it, and I'm glad you guys seem to appreciate it. :P

But making musical guests happen takes more than just me; I'm just the boss, so I'm supposed to provide vision and direction and keep people on track. I do a fair amount of negotiating and strategizing, but it would all be useless without the right staff to pull it off.

There are years of groundwork laid by my immediate predecessors as Relations Chief (the Heaton brothers and Jonathan Harmon) -- and by a guy named Jeff Kleist who has been involved in this stuff since the beginning and has really been bringing his A-game the last couple of years. Then when acts get onsite, I've got Jeff Kleist, my assistant Jeff Lee, and former con chair Terry Chu (who was chair in 2004) all taking point for various musical guests. Our main events staff (led by Mike Lee) and our tech ops coordinator (Walt Sysak), plus the guys from DSL Sound, make all these crazy things happen. And our interpreters make sure we can all communicate.

And then we have folks like our many contacts and friends in the industry, who campaign on our behalf. Folks at Sony and Geneon and Avex and King Records and Domo and Lantis...be very glad that there are folks on the business side who get it and believe in it and that really makes a difference. We earned their trust over the last decade, but they've also earned ours by playing fair in an industry not really known for that.

So when you're sending your positive vibes and your thanks, remember that it's not just "Jim Vowles", it's the entire team of people who make this happen.

Edited by alabaster, 10 June 2010 - 03:45 PM.
credit where credit is due.

Jim Vowles

Previously:

#235 PcHuOwNsU

PcHuOwNsU

Seasoned Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 11:31 AM

So only 2 musical guests this year?
Posted Image

#236 Jhawk

Jhawk

Otaku In Training

• Otakon Staff
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 02:15 PM

So only 2 musical guests this year?

2 concerts but there are a few musical guests coming.

Jonathan Hawkins2009 Gofer, 2010 Staff Pool, 2011 Registration/Game Show, 2012 - Current Maid Cafe

#237 alabaster

alabaster

Grand Vizier

• Board Moderator
  • 10,951 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 10:24 PM

We have:

- two full concerts Friday and Sunday
- one brief performance Saturday
- one non-performing guest

We will also have a number of other musical stuff:
- a new song composed and performed for otakon 2010
- a music video themed opening animation
- 2-3 additional smaller scale performances that you will hear about soon
- at least two give aways for concert tickets to be announced
- otaku idol
- lots of music related prizes
- stuff I've probably forgotten about

Jim Vowles

Previously:

#238 Bl2w

Bl2w

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 10:48 PM

We have:

- two full concerts Friday and Sunday
- one brief performance Saturday
- one non-performing guest

We will also have a number of other musical stuff:
- a new song composed and performed for otakon 2010
- a music video themed opening animation
- 2-3 additional smaller scale performances that you will hear about soon
- at least two give aways for concert tickets to be announced
- otaku idol
- lots of music related prizes
- stuff I've probably forgotten about

1. Two full concerts = Home Made Kazoku, Yoshida Bros.
2. Brief performance Saturday = Yoshiki & Sugizo
3. Non-performing guest = kanon

(Correct me if I'm wrong. :P )

I am curious as to what the 2-3 smaller scale performances are exactly. I know that Yoshiki and Sugizo are doing a small performance during the Masquerade half-time, and I also know that kanon is going to be the rave's DJ, but the number three in there is what makes me curious. :o

#239 alabaster

alabaster

Grand Vizier

• Board Moderator
  • 10,951 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:32 AM

Nope, these are things I haven't even mentioned yet. ^_^

Jim Vowles

Previously:

#240 Bl2w

Bl2w

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 11:14 AM

Nope, these are things I haven't even mentioned yet. :ph34r:

Woah, really?? How much more could there possibly be? ^_^

#241 JameyBoi

JameyBoi

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 02:47 AM

Has Otakon ever invited an R&B artist? If not, can I suggest Wada Masaya as a nice change of pace? I found him when I was one day idly wondering "does Japan even have any R&B singers?" and stumbled across his Myspace page after a google search.

Chemistry *a very great harmonizing duo* also Exile for dat matter *if u dont count all the unnecessary backup dancers lol* and probably a pioneer for those guys Toshinobu Kubota...anyways Otakon 2010 was my first and knowing dat Home Made Kazoku was gonna perform there made me HAD TO GO! so my point is although im not greatly knowledged on the whole anime scene, i am on the music scene; and i hope to use cons as opportunities to see concerts of artists i love cuz darn well know that might be no other way to easily do so. anyways im sorry for my babbling...i thank anybody who took the time to read this.