Photo

What games are you currently playing? :)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
404 replies to this topic

#1 Cypher

Cypher

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 10:42 AM

Just kinda curious as to what everyone is playing...

RPG wise for me I am playing a few at once, I can't help myself lol.

Valkyrie Chronicles (PS3), Arc the lad series (PSX), Tales of Vesperia (360) and The last Remnant (PC).

I tend to play a bunch of RPGs at once because recently RPGs have been lacking... well minus Infinite Undiscovery(360) OMG! I loved that game... I couldn't put it down!

oh yea and I am playing through the suikoden series again... but that is an ongoing thing... I am always playing one of them lol

#2 reid_aileron

reid_aileron

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 11:08 AM

Umm, Vesperia and Valkyria Chronicles and I was gonna go play everything that's in Cross Edge before starting that.

Actually, I'm kinda waiting for a bunch of games to come in.
Jamie Carpino
Gofer #135

Posted Image

#3 RTeker

RTeker

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 12:17 PM

well I'm working through Resistance 2, borrowing my neighbors copy while they are on vacation and since I gotta watch their dog....
Posted Image

#4 amishpriest

amishpriest

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 12:55 PM

Dynasty Warriors: Gundam, Persona 4 and Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor for me right now.
Posted Image

#5 TimLaptopm101

TimLaptopm101

Seasoned Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 12:55 PM

Marvel vs Capcom 360! Also trying to finally finish RE5

#6 Otaku Ru

Otaku Ru

Disciplinary Committee Chair

• Veteran Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,734 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 02:01 PM

I rarely have time for video games anymore. @___@

When the brosephs are over we usually play tons of Street Fighter IV (360). I'm looking at getting a pair of TE Fightsticks and eventually BlazBlue CT which will likely get the crap played out of it by my friends and I.

Other than that, lots and lots of Team Fortress 2 (on the PC), and sometimes Combat Arms.

I also fend off boredom with a plethora of GBA games on my PSP when I'm at work, mostly Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories.

Edited by Otaku Ru, 05 August 2009 - 02:03 PM.

gama2014_zps45cead10.jpg

Facebook | Soundcloud

[John B., Member '07, '09-'12, '14]

Fanvideos:  2014 | 2012 | 2011

#7 Cypher

Cypher

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 02:45 PM

Umm, Vesperia and Valkyria Chronicles and I was gonna go play everything that's in Cross Edge before starting that.

Actually, I'm kinda waiting for a bunch of games to come in.

ohhh that reminds me I need to pick up a copy of Cross Edge before it becomes a rarity :)

Dynasty Warriors: Gundam, Persona 4 and Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor for me right now.

How is Persona 4? I bought 3 but haven't played it yet lol

I also fend off boredom with a plethora of GBA games on my PSP when I'm at work, mostly Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories.

another reminder I need to pick up that KH:CoM for the ps2!

sigh more money to be spent :D I collect games so there are a bunch that I just haven't gotten around to playing/beating yet... mostly RPGs though

#8 Otaku Ru

Otaku Ru

• Veteran Members
  • 2,734 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 03:31 PM

...No, you really don't. The remake is atrociously bad.

gama2014_zps45cead10.jpg

Facebook | Soundcloud

#9 Cypher

Cypher

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 05:02 PM

But the storyline! I need to know! lol

#10 reid_aileron

reid_aileron

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 05:20 PM

Play it on the GBA?
Jamie Carpino
Gofer #135

Posted Image

#11 Otaku Ru

Otaku Ru

• Veteran Members
  • 2,734 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 08:55 PM

But the storyline! I need to know! lol

You'll have a much better time understanding the storyline playing it on the GBA. The PS2 version is so terrible.

gama2014_zps45cead10.jpg

Facebook | Soundcloud

#12 darksaphira

darksaphira

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 06:15 AM

Hm... just started replaying Dead Space this past weekend. Also replaying Killer7, because it's awesome. And I'm trying to pick up my Guild Wars addiction again, mostly at the request of friends...

#13 ZGL

ZGL

here we stand

• Otakon Staff
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 06:38 AM

And I'm trying to pick up my Guild Wars addiction again, mostly at the request of friends...

Guild Wars <3

My main is a Ranger (currently beast mastery/dom R/Me), with a moa named KFC. B) My secondary is a Monk (healing/insp Mo/Me).

I love that game so much, heh. Haven't played in a while, though.

Meredith Davey || Deputy Chief of Staff, Otakorp
Access Control 2nd 2013, Communications Captain 2011-2012

Board of Directors Member at Large 2009-2010, 2012
Programming Section Chief 2010
Assistant to the Programming Section Chief 2009
Panels Ninja Department Head 2007-2008

#14 Doji_Star

Doji_Star

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 07:01 AM

I've been playing Persona 3 (yes, I missed most of the good PS2 games over the past 5 years so am trying to pick them up), Left4Dead, and just started Drakensang. Hearts of Iron 3 comes out soon... but I think that would totally kill my ability to review Chinese and be ready for the fall semester, so I may have to hold out on that. When I want something light I play some of the indie (or should I say doujinshi?) freeware Japanese VN games translated by insani in the al|together festivals. More than any other game, I am waiting for the indie PC RPG Age of Decadence.

I really need to build a new gaming PC but have been waiting for Windows 7. There are several good PC titles out there that my aging machine just can't handle (Empire Total War, Gothic 3 among others).

#15 darksaphira

darksaphira

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 12:14 PM

Guild Wars <3

My main is a Ranger (currently beast mastery/dom R/Me), with a moa named KFC. B) My secondary is a Monk (healing/insp Mo/Me).

I love that game so much, heh. Haven't played in a while, though.

Nice, Ranger's a good class. Haven't quite gotten the handle of Monk yet, but I use E/Me and Rt/A a lot. I know a lot of players are waiting for GW2...

How's the Persona series? I keep hearing people mention it, but I've never had the chance to play it, or even watch someone play it...

Edited by darksaphira, 06 August 2009 - 12:15 PM.

#16 reid_aileron

reid_aileron

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 12:43 PM

Well, Persona 3 is really good. They managed to fuse a high school sim and dungeon crawler quite well. Haven't played the other 3 yet though, but I've yet to hear anything bad.
Jamie Carpino
Gofer #135

Posted Image

#17 amishpriest

amishpriest

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 02:12 PM

Persona 4 is great - I'm about 85 hrs in and getting close to the end. There are a lot of tweaks in the gameplay from Persona 3, such as manual control of other party members, that do work out really well.

I'd really recommend Devil Survivor as well. It's a good SRPG/JRPG hybrid with a fantastic story, not to mention a more user friendly (and addictive) demon fusion interface.
Posted Image

#18 deadbolthewooki

deadbolthewooki

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 04:32 PM

Im currently playing mass effect again and some resident evil 5 im hoping to get the resident evil 1 remake today though.
Posted Image

#19 Saber-chan

Saber-chan

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 147 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 06:30 PM

The game I work on on and off is Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. It's a favorite of mine, simply because it's something I can actually work my way through and actually have a chance at beating (even though I've read how easy it is). I haven't gotten any new games and I only have older systems. Besides my SP, I only have an SNES and a PS1 and the SNES gets most of the love <_<
Otakon '12
Fri: Aaeru (Simoun; sibylla pilot, sibylla priestess)
Sat: Aaeru (Simoun; original green pilot suit)
Sat: Illyasviel casual (F/sn; photoshoot only)

#20 amishpriest

amishpriest

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 08:50 AM

The game I work on on and off is Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. It's a favorite of mine, simply because it's something I can actually work my way through and actually have a chance at beating (even though I've read how easy it is). I haven't gotten any new games and I only have older systems. Besides my SP, I only have an SNES and a PS1 and the SNES gets most of the love <_<

I don't care what anyone says about the story, but FFTA and FFTA2 are two of my favorite SRPG's...I've probably put in a good 300-400 hrs between the two of them. And like a lot of games in the genre, they're pretty much as hard as you make them. Neither end up being as broken as FFT can end up being (*cough* Orlandu *cough*).
Posted Image

#21 Cypher

Cypher

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 10:49 AM

The game I work on on and off is Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. It's a favorite of mine, simply because it's something I can actually work my way through and actually have a chance at beating (even though I've read how easy it is). I haven't gotten any new games and I only have older systems. Besides my SP, I only have an SNES and a PS1 and the SNES gets most of the love :)

I never really got into FFTA... I tried, but just couldn't get into the story and thats one of the major things for me.

After I finish getting all the games I am trying to get for PS1/2 I am going to be heading towards collecting SNES games :P I have never owned an SNES but friends have... Alot of the games I want though will be expensive :/

The game I work on on and off is Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. It's a favorite of mine, simply because it's something I can actually work my way through and actually have a chance at beating (even though I've read how easy it is). I haven't gotten any new games and I only have older systems. Besides my SP, I only have an SNES and a PS1 and the SNES gets most of the love :P

I don't care what anyone says about the story, but FFTA and FFTA2 are two of my favorite SRPG's...I've probably put in a good 300-400 hrs between the two of them. And like a lot of games in the genre, they're pretty much as hard as you make them. Neither end up being as broken as FFT can end up being (*cough* Orlandu *cough*).

lol Orlandu was awesome! :x

I think I need to try FFTA 1/2 again... maybe I didn't give it enough of a chance :P

#22 Saber-chan

Saber-chan

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 147 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 11:02 AM

The game I work on on and off is Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. It's a favorite of mine, simply because it's something I can actually work my way through and actually have a chance at beating (even though I've read how easy it is). I haven't gotten any new games and I only have older systems. Besides my SP, I only have an SNES and a PS1 and the SNES gets most of the love :)

I never really got into FFTA... I tried, but just couldn't get into the story and thats one of the major things for me.

After I finish getting all the games I am trying to get for PS1/2 I am going to be heading towards collecting SNES games :P I have never owned an SNES but friends have... Alot of the games I want though will be expensive :/

Yeah some of the games can be expensive. SNES was my family's first video game console and it still works, but I bought my own console. I've gotten the major games I liked as a kid and I've collected all the Power Ranger games for it as well.

As for FFTA I got it cause I wanted an RPG game and it seemed good...then I found it wasn't too complicated to play. I've gotten a game guide for it just so I could have all the job class information without having to scroll through 70 some pages on my computer.
Otakon '12
Fri: Aaeru (Simoun; sibylla pilot, sibylla priestess)
Sat: Aaeru (Simoun; original green pilot suit)
Sat: Illyasviel casual (F/sn; photoshoot only)

#23 onsenmark

onsenmark

Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 11:20 AM

Last Odyssey(360), Suikoden Tierkreis(DS), and Maple Story and Ether Saga Online(both PC).

Give me cheese to go with my whine.

Thinking about Otakon 2014:

Franken Stein - Soul Eater(Saturday afternoon/evening only)

#24 Cypher

Cypher

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 05:28 PM

Last Odyssey(360), Suikoden Tierkreis(DS), and Maple Story and Ether Saga Online(both PC).

Doooood you totally reminded me I have to beat Tierkreis!!! LO is another game I am in the middle of lol

#25 IceCreamGuitar

IceCreamGuitar

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 06:42 PM

I'm in a Final Fantasy state at the moment...all the games I'm playing are Final Fantasy...xD Sigh...

I was trying to beat Final Fantasy X because I was playing Final Fantasy X-2 and none of it was making sense. But I got mad at Final Fantasy X because my characters just aren't leveled up enough to beat one of the bosses...xD And I'm way too lazy to go back into the Thunder Plains and level up...so I started playing Final Fantasy X-2 again. I'll pick up Final Fantasy X again eventually.

But I recently bought Final Fantasy VII, so that's been sucking up my time instead of Final Fantasy X-2.

And, of course, there's me trying to beat Final Fantasy XII right now as well.

#26 Otaku Ru

Otaku Ru

• Veteran Members
  • 2,734 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 11:57 PM

Maple Story

Class/server?

Edited by Otaku Ru, 07 August 2009 - 11:58 PM.

gama2014_zps45cead10.jpg

Facebook | Soundcloud

#27 onsenmark

onsenmark

Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 01:10 AM

Maple Story

Class/server?

Right now, Dawn Warrior on Bera.

#28 amishpriest

amishpriest

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 08:41 AM

I'm in a Final Fantasy state at the moment...all the games I'm playing are Final Fantasy...xD Sigh...

I was trying to beat Final Fantasy X because I was playing Final Fantasy X-2 and none of it was making sense. But I got mad at Final Fantasy X because my characters just aren't leveled up enough to beat one of the bosses...xD And I'm way too lazy to go back into the Thunder Plains and level up...so I started playing Final Fantasy X-2 again. I'll pick up Final Fantasy X again eventually.

But I recently bought Final Fantasy VII, so that's been sucking up my time instead of Final Fantasy X-2.

And, of course, there's me trying to beat Final Fantasy XII right now as well.

Reminds me I need to get around to finishing XII...I stopped sometime last fall at about 130 hrs and right at the beginning of the Yiazmat fight. I'm wondering if I should bother with Yiazmat at this point or just go finish the game already.

I also finished X-2 recently (despite having it since release) and was suprised by how much I actually enjoyed it, especially the battle system.
Posted Image

#29 Otaku Ru

Otaku Ru

• Veteran Members
  • 2,734 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 01:47 PM

Maple Story

Class/server?

Oh, that's right, I haven't played Maple in almost a year and a half so I am COMPLETELY lost. xD;

gama2014_zps45cead10.jpg

Facebook | Soundcloud

#30 pakopako

pakopako

Otaku

• Otakon Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 02:23 PM

Going through the Metroid Prime series again.

The MP3 controls feel weird; then again I could just be getting old and crotchety.
Chang.E
Currently Lost & Found. Yes, I get the irony.

#31 reid_aileron

reid_aileron

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 07:23 PM

I'm playing G Generation Wars now while waiting for Vesperia PS3 to come out.
Jamie Carpino
Gofer #135

Posted Image

#32 Otaku Ru

Otaku Ru

• Veteran Members
  • 2,734 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 11:53 PM

I'm disgustingly addicted to BlazBlue. My SFIV TE Arcade Sticks come in on Monday, too. :3

gama2014_zps45cead10.jpg

Facebook | Soundcloud

#33 Anxa

Anxa

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 08:12 PM

I'm working my way through Crisis Core, Final Fantasy VII, Dissidia, Dirge of Cerberus, Kingdom Hearts: Re:Chain of Memories (I've already played the GBA version though), and Final Fantasy X.

And currently re-playing Kingdom Hearts I for the second time, and Kingdom Hearts II for the seventh time!

And I'm waiting for Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days to come out in 33 days! I'm DYING to play that, I'm a huge KH fan.

Edited by Anxa, 27 August 2009 - 08:13 PM.

Otakon Attendee:
'09, '10, '11, '13

#34 onsenmark

onsenmark

Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 03:03 AM

Maple Story

Class/server?

Oh, that's right, I haven't played Maple in almost a year and a half so I am COMPLETELY lost. xD;

To nutshell, they recently came out with the Cygnus Knights, which are a whole new group of character types(not as specialized, slightly different skills). Dawn Warrior is the fighter class of the CK.

And I also bought Star Ocean for 360 last night. I approve. XD

#35 reid_aileron

reid_aileron

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 08:31 AM

Yeah, it's nice, but they had the same first plot twist as in SO3. I thought that was weak.
Jamie Carpino
Gofer #135

Posted Image

#36 Otaku Ru

Otaku Ru

• Veteran Members
  • 2,734 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 02:59 PM

I finally picked up The Orange Box for 360, so once I get my LIVE updated I'll be slappin' asses in TF2.

gama2014_zps45cead10.jpg

Facebook | Soundcloud

#37 RTeker

RTeker

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 08:25 AM

well I'm gonna be on Wizards 101 and Champions Online for a little while until Star Wars Old Republic comes out or somrthing else catches my eye. Just Finished the Batman Arkham Asylum for PS3
Posted Image

#38 Zairelyn

Zairelyn

Otaku In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 11:26 PM

currently playing Elebits: the Adventures of Kai and Zero (its cute and the levels are sometimes very puzzling) for DS its also very time consuming so fun to play at work and re-living some childhood good times as my sister just purchased a refurbished NES (yay Yoshi, Dr. Mario, Mario 3, and Bubble Bobble!) although tetris is getting a lot of play as well.

here and there and everywhere but no where in between

Check out my Deviantart. It will be fun; I promise.

Posted Image

#39 Otaku Ru

Otaku Ru

• Veteran Members
  • 2,734 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 04:02 AM

...Scratch that TF2 comment, I forgot how incredible Half-Life 2 is.

gama2014_zps45cead10.jpg

Facebook | Soundcloud

#40 squirrel3d

squirrel3d

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 09:01 PM

I am currently playing Super Mario Galaxy.

It's funny that I JUST OPENED it last night despite having it sit in my game collection months after buying it. That's what a busy life these days can do to a person.

Anyway, this game is completely amazing. I cannot be more blown away by the innovative gameplay and the levels. And for once, a mario game has a decent storyline too! I just can't think of anything else to describe the experince.

If you have a Wii but don't have this one in your collection...please do so this second!!

#41 reid_aileron

reid_aileron

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 08:57 AM

Or they can just wait for the second one which is bound to be the same thing, BUT WITH YOSHI.
Jamie Carpino
Gofer #135

Posted Image

#42 Muramasa

Muramasa

Otaku

• Otakon Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 12:45 PM

PSP:
Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions
Dissidia: Final Fantasy

PS2:
At ay given time I'm playing Disgaea 1 & 2 and one of the Final Fantasies (VII, VIII, X or XII)

Xbox360:
Mini Ninjas
Battlefield: 1943
Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires
Castle Crashers
Charly Carper // Otakon '05 - present DJ // Otakon '08 - present Guest Relations - Green Room // Otakon '11 - present Dance
soundcloud.com/Muramasa | facebook.com/AllNines| twitter.com/CharlyDidWhat | xbl: CharlyDidWhat

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero

#43 squirrel3d

squirrel3d

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 08:42 PM

Or they can just wait for the second one which is bound to be the same thing, BUT WITH YOSHI.

Sounds too me like someone is biased here and a little bit uninformed...

#44 sumeragi

sumeragi

Neophyte Otaku

• Otakon Staff
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 11:02 PM

Professor Layton & the Diabolical Box [NDS]
so many improvements from the 1st game but i still hate having to tap EVERYWHERE to find hint coins T_T

#45 reid_aileron

reid_aileron

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 02:28 AM

Sounds too me like someone is biased here and a little bit uninformed...

Well, I just watched the trailer again and failed to see anything really different besides Yoshi and that screw thing.

Please, enlighten me then.
Jamie Carpino
Gofer #135

Posted Image

#46 squirrel3d

squirrel3d

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 11:09 AM

Please, enlighten me then.

There's nothing for me to enlighten you on, except to play the game yourself and then getting back to me to give me your real thoughts on the game.

#47 ZGL

ZGL

here we stand

• Otakon Staff
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 01:55 PM

Relax, squirrel3d and reid_aileron.

If you'd like to continue to discuss that game/its trailer amongst yourselves, please take it to PMs. Otherwise, please resume the topic (video games you're currently playing). Thanks! :)

Meredith Davey || Deputy Chief of Staff, Otakorp
Access Control 2nd 2013, Communications Captain 2011-2012

Board of Directors Member at Large 2009-2010, 2012
Programming Section Chief 2010
Assistant to the Programming Section Chief 2009
Panels Ninja Department Head 2007-2008

#48 reid_aileron

reid_aileron

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 07:40 PM

Oh, I'm always relaxed. :)

Anyway, my copies of Vesperia and Tales of Versus shipped today, so I'll be playing those when they get here.
Jamie Carpino
Gofer #135

Posted Image

#49 Vetes

Vetes

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 139 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 09:57 PM

I got NHL 10 on release day. The game is a massive upgrade to the already amazing NHL 09. It's probably not of most interests to the people here, but I thought I'd let everyone know.
StevenDiggsJr.com My homepage featuring many oddball stories that you will love. Looking for an artist to co-create a comic I want to write. PM me if interested.

#50 RTeker

RTeker

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 06:36 AM

well for am update on my gaming; Beatles Rock Band (PS3 vers) ad BACK to Star Wars Galaxies (did this due to the fact all the MMo's I've done till now nothin beats SWG sad to say)
Posted Image