Photo

Editing my first post

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 NikkiKora

NikkiKora

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 02:31 PM

For some reason, it won't let me edit the opening post for my Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya thread in the cosplay forum. :\ I can't update the list of cosplayers, nor the photoshoot times. I can't even tell people to scroll down so that they can see it.

Help, please?

OTAKON 2011!
1.) Mari Illustrious Makinami
2.) Mikuru Asahina (Battle Waitress)

#2 Jeremy

Jeremy

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 11:23 PM

For some reason, it won't let me edit the opening post for my Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya thread in the cosplay forum. :\ I can't update the list of cosplayers, nor the photoshoot times. I can't even tell people to scroll down so that they can see it.

Help, please?

The FAQ says that some editing can only be done for a limited time after the post is made. In my experience, that's always been the case- you'll get an edit button (by "quote" and "reply"), but it doesn't stay there.
Peace and love (^_^)

#3 Xatni

Xatni

Neophyte Otaku

• Otakon Gofers
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 05:57 AM

I dunno, even immediately after I posted every one of my posts, it hasn't given me an option to edit any of them... Is it because I'm new, or what? I've been perplexed by this, too...
Gofer #131 for Otakon 2011

2011 Cosplays:
Genderbent!Junpei Iori from Persona 3
Wall Reaper (red) from The World Ends With You

2012 Cosplays:
Friday - Junpei Iori (spring outfit); Persona 3/Trixie; Speed Racer
Saturday - Tenkai; Sengoku Basara
Sunday - female Ranma; Ranma 1/2

#4 MattTheMinion

MattTheMinion

Silicon Alchemist

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,302 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 08:31 AM

I dunno, even immediately after I posted every one of my posts, it hasn't given me an option to edit any of them... Is it because I'm new, or what? I've been perplexed by this, too...

Due to problems we have had in the past with folks editing their posts after saying something particularly incisive, some forums on the BBS have more limited editing times than others. While in most cases, after the particular issues have subsided we remove the restriction on editing posts. Of course in others we ended up leaving it in as a proactive measure - basically if we ran into the same problems with multiple users in the same forums.

We are aware it is not a perfect solution, and there are some efforts to streamline it for the future. Until then, just be sure you read what you are posting before you submit it.

--Matt Smiechowski
--Otakorp Comptroller
--Otakon Webmaster/BBS Admin/Purchasing
--One time, at Otakon, he was the Con Chair