Photo

Harry Potter!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 dazeyl93

dazeyl93

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 03:44 PM

Excuse me if there is already a thread about this somewhere, but I'm just really excited. How many people are going to the midnight premiere?! *raises hand* I'm so excited but at the same time a bit sad. I grew up with Harry Potter, since I was in kindergarten, now I'm in college. It's crazy to think about, but I'm excited none the less! What are you guys most looking forward to seeing in the movie? I'm looking forward to the albus and gellert flash backs (CANNON). it wasn't until a few days ago that I realized they had actually casted someone as Ariana. I pray it will be epic.
Thoughts?! I'd love to hear if you all are excited XD

Otakon 2014

Friday: Graverobber from Repo The Genetic Opera

Saturday: Ousama from Hatoful Boyfriend Holiday Star

Sunday: Whatever the frickle frack I feel like

www.youtube.com/aimlesslyrambling

http://www.aimlesslyrambling.tumblr.com

#2 KSweeley

KSweeley

Otakon Staff since 2010, Otakon Attendee since 2001.

• Otakon Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,335 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 04:44 PM

Excuse me if there is already a thread about this somewhere, but I'm just really excited. How many people are going to the midnight premiere?! *raises hand* I'm so excited but at the same time a bit sad. I grew up with Harry Potter, since I was in kindergarten, now I'm in college. It's crazy to think about, but I'm excited none the less! What are you guys most looking forward to seeing in the movie? I'm looking forward to the albus and gellert flash backs (CANNON). it wasn't until a few days ago that I realized they had actually casted someone as Ariana. I pray it will be epic.
Thoughts?! I'd love to hear if you all are excited XD

I wish I had money to go and see the movie while it's in theaters :( I really want to see it.

Kun Sun Sweeley (KSweeley) | Otakorp, Inc. Voting Member 2010-14 | Otakon 2014 Staff - Exhibitions Divison - Art Show Department | Otakon 2013 Staff - Member Relations (formerly Member Services) Division - General Staff Department, Otakon 2011-2012 Staff - Programming Division - Otachan Department, Otakon 2010 Staff - Staff Relations Division - Staff Pool Department | (former Gofer 2004, TCG 2005-06, 2008, Tier 2: 2009 #403) | Otakon 2001-2013 Attendee | Chat with me on AIM: WeezingPok | Add Me On Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ksweeley/ | Add Me As a Friend on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ksweeley

#3 BLX

BLX

Otaku In Training

• Otakon Staff
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 07:14 PM

Man, I want to go so badly but all the theaters around here are pricey D: ('specially white marsh)

Shawna Phelps

Staff (2013) : Member Relations - Registration & Programming - Otachan

Attendee 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Art History Buff and Baltimore Local :)

#4 RTeker

RTeker

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 06:17 AM

had to work ;) but i do plan at a early IMax show today though
Posted Image

#5 Leo Ursus

Leo Ursus

Otaku In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 12:02 PM

I work at the Egyptian 24 theater, and we sold out all 24 houses for harry potter midnights. Then added 3 showings at 3:00 AM. LUCKILY I took off yesterday and the day before to watch the 8 movie marathon we were showing. So yeah, It was amazing.

2014 Go! 

Currently watching:

No Game No Life

#6 leftyflip86

leftyflip86

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 10:55 AM

I work at the Egyptian 24 theater, and we sold out all 24 houses for harry potter midnights. Then added 3 showings at 3:00 AM. LUCKILY I took off yesterday and the day before to watch the 8 movie marathon we were showing. So yeah, It was amazing.

I was at the 12:08 AM 3D show and it was great! I really liked how you guys gave out the Harry Potter 3D glasses and movie posters.
The fans were really nice too, especially the ones who were dressed up. Hearing the crowd reactions (cheering and crying) before and during the movie and seeing the random wand fights beforehand was very entertaining.
If I have enough spare change, I may go back and see it again in the XD auditorium.

Noel | Otakon attendee since 2009 | Twitter | Instagram

#7 Leo Ursus

Leo Ursus

Otaku In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 11:05 AM

I was at the 12:08 AM 3D show and it was great! I really liked how you guys gave out the Harry Potter 3D glasses and movie posters.
The fans were really nice too, especially the ones who were dressed up. Hearing the crowd reactions (cheering and crying) before and during the movie and seeing the random wand fights beforehand was very entertaining.
If I have enough spare change, I may go back and see it again in the XD auditorium.

Glad we could provide a good experience. Feel free to come by and see it again! >.> We sold out every showing from about 7pm to 11pm yesterday. And I'm sure today will do just as well. especially since I'm positioned on line control today.

2014 Go! 

Currently watching:

No Game No Life

#8 Zairelyn

Zairelyn

Otaku In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 02:21 PM

ooo I went to the Midnight premier in Idaho at the end of my cross the country (through Canada) drive (My friend was moving back to Idaho and wanted to take the northern route). We of course dressed in costumes, She went as a Free Elf, yep she totally wore a stylish pillowcase) and I was Padfoot (or Snuffles as in the book) (That would be Sirius Black in Animagus form) Anyway we totally had a blast. But Idaho premier not as awesome as midnight premier in Salem, MA where we saw part 1.

here and there and everywhere but no where in between

Check out my Deviantart. It will be fun; I promise.

Posted Image

#9 boingboingmiroku

boingboingmiroku

Otaku In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 03:43 PM

I went to see it on a Tuesday because Tuesdays are $6 days at Movies 10 near Eastpoint mall. It was awesome!
"They can have my gun when they pry it from my cold dead hands."-Gungrave(opening credits)
mV(^_^)Vm
Truth:"Watashi wa etchi(or ecchi) da!"-boingboingmiroku
"I reject reality and substitute my own."-Adam Savage
"Jamie want big boom!"-James Hyneman
Posted Image