Photo

21+ Meetup: Pratt Street Ale House, Team Bravo

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
67 replies to this topic

#51 CreepyTony

CreepyTony

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 04:58 PM

i cant really tell what any of my plans will be as of right now. i know every year i usually drink in some of the fells point bars which are within walking distance just cause i frequent those often during the year and they have really good specials. i will see what i can do on making one of these, i would like to meet new people. since the few years ive gone have only really talked to friends i know and never meet people.

#52 GalefreyRises

GalefreyRises

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 05:57 PM

i cant really tell what any of my plans will be as of right now. i know every year i usually drink in some of the fells point bars which are within walking distance just cause i frequent those often during the year and they have really good specials. i will see what i can do on making one of these, i would like to meet new people. since the few years ive gone have only really talked to friends i know and never meet people.

No need to worry if you can make it or not. We will be there all night. At least I will be. Fells point has some good watering holes down there. I'll add you to the list as a maybe.

#53 achellios

achellios

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 10:38 PM

In two day's time, I will be pleasantly buzzed (read: hammered) on delicious brews and in the company of brilliantly like-minded individuals.

Stoked does not begin to describe my thoughts on the matter.

SO. If you haven't already gotten an email address / cell phone # to me or Galefrey, hit us up on the off chance last-minute communication is needed. As of right now, the plan is to meet up around the left-hand side of the Pratt Street Ale House's patio. There are tables out front, but the courtyard wraps around the side of the building into a nicely secluded little hang-out area that, by my estimate, could comfortably seat 30 people.

I'll be the obnoxious, loud, shiny-headed one, and Galefrey will be the reserved, stately gentleman sporting the bleach bag and a big grin.

Game on, y'all. Let's flip some tables.
Burn the land and boil the sea,
You can't take the sky from me.

Josh H.
Gofer #166

#54 Otaku Ru

Otaku Ru

Disciplinary Committee Chair

• Veteran Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 10:41 PM

And I'll be the big scary guy everyone thinks is the bouncer! ;)

But seriously, I can't wait to get good and toasty so I'll have a pleasant night's sleep before the con. Anyone know if this place has a jukebox?

gama2014_zps45cead10.jpg

Facebook | Soundcloud

[John B., Member '07, '09-'12, '14]

Fanvideos:  2014 | 2012 | 2011

#55 graelyn

graelyn

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 10:51 PM

And, I'll be the wierdo in the brown cowboy hat dressed up as a humanized Applejack. ;) Unfortunately, my fairly normal cosplays (Rose Tyler... if you call wearing a leather jacket in the Baltimore summer heat normal...) are not coming out until Friday and Saturday.
Otakon '12 cosplays:
Rose Tyler (Doctor Who)
Amy Pond (Doctor Who)
Applejack (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
Derpy Hooves (MLP: FiM)

#56 achellios

achellios

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 10:52 PM

APPLEJACK!

Josh H.
Gofer #166

#57 graelyn

graelyn

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:00 PM

APPLEJACK!

I just sat through that entire thing, and strangely, it didn't make me as angry as the original Nyan. ;)
Otakon '12 cosplays:
Rose Tyler (Doctor Who)
Amy Pond (Doctor Who)
Applejack (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
Derpy Hooves (MLP: FiM)

#58 RenRen

RenRen

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 06:28 AM

Sorry for the last minute addition to the group, but I wasn't sure when we'd be getting into Baltimore until now. I'll be there +1 around 9-ish!
Can't wait!!!! :D

#59 GalefreyRises

GalefreyRises

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 06:54 AM

This is a last minute check up to see all those who plan to attend the meet. The list below has been updated as well. I'll be sending out a group text tomorrow. I'll be in downtown around 9 or 10am in the morn. I'll be there to hangout with con goers inline and attend the festival as well. If anyone is there early just hit me up on my cell, and we can kick off this awesome weekend early. Our initial goal is a complete take over of the venue with an OTAKU BRIGADE .

Thank You.

July 28th Thursday

800 PM
1.Glen
2. Yvonne
3.Tavon +1
4.Dave + 1
5.Evan
6.Gasper (maybe with +3)
7.Josh
8.MalaikaDream+1
9.Traivon (maybe)
10.Otakuru +2
11.Graelyn
12.Jtgamer
13.Fatwhiteguy +1
14. Jacqulin
15. Scorpion89 (maybe)

9-10pm
1.Chris +1
2.Heekun
3.tstidm1
4.Jersey Otaku Bros + 1
5.XxAdalwulfxX +2(maybe)
6. Renren + 1
7. creepytony (maybe)

#60 Scorpion89

Scorpion89

Seasoned Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 05:24 PM

Oaky guys so here is my deal I can't drink take Meds but will come I would like to see if anyone wouldn't mind doing some photo shoots if they are in cosplay. I'm doing one with Malaika near the place. Also I might be bring two other folks from my Res Evil shoot along.

#61 GalefreyRises

GalefreyRises

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 08:26 AM

Ill be seeing you guys there shortly. I'm heading out now to downtown to meet a couple of people. Anyone who is already here in the city shoot me text if you want to have a pre-game meet up.

#62 Korrupt3dazn

Korrupt3dazn

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 11:32 AM

Just got into the Area around 2am today. Ill see you guys tonight around 9-10

#63 GalefreyRises

GalefreyRises

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 05:19 PM

Thank you everyone for coming out. We had a great turnout for our first meet up. We will def be doing this again next year. More likely in a bigger venue as this meet meet up got pretty big. Glad we had two diff Start times. Once again thank you all. Hope everyone had a great time at the con. I know I did!!

#64 achellios

achellios

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 05:31 PM

Pardon my inappropriate language, but mother of GOD was that awesome. Hope the rest of you didn't spend as much as I did in the Dealer's Room today.

Everyone that made it out--grazie mille. It was fantastic meeting you all, and I had an absolute blast. I'll definitely be Gofering again next year (highly recommend it actually--it was a ton of fun as well), so look for me if I can help any of you in any way.

Josh H.
Gofer #166

#65 Scorpion89

Scorpion89

Seasoned Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 05:33 PM

Yes it was Fn fun and hanging with you guys all during the Kon was jawesome for me.

#66 achellios

achellios

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 05:44 PM

One more shout-out: GalefreyRises and Scorpion89 are two of the best Otakan buddies I've ever met. If you didn't get to hang with them this year, make a point of doing so next year. You won't regret it.

Josh H.
Gofer #166

#67 RenRen

RenRen

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 10:35 AM

Yes, thanks for organizing the meet-up guys! It was really great meeting you all; I hope we can do it again next year! :-)

#68 Fatwhiteguy

Fatwhiteguy

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 10:59 AM

yes the meet-up was fun the con was awsome im already planning to go back next year hope to see you all again