Photo

Alright, so I feel like an idiot for asking this, but...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Xatni

Xatni

Neophyte Otaku

• Otakon Gofers
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 12:43 AM

... how exactly do we sign up for gofer hours?

I've looked all over the FAQ pages and whatnot and I'm not seeing it... I'm a first-time gofer, as anyone might have guessed, and I'm not quite sure how to go about it. Do we sign up for them at orientation, or what?

I apologize if this is a silly question with an obvious answer that I'm somehow missing, but I honestly can't find it anywhere. S:
Gofer #131 for Otakon 2011

2011 Cosplays:
Genderbent!Junpei Iori from Persona 3
Wall Reaper (red) from The World Ends With You

2012 Cosplays:
Friday - Junpei Iori (spring outfit); Persona 3/Trixie; Speed Racer
Saturday - Tenkai; Sengoku Basara
Sunday - female Ranma; Ranma 1/2

#2 Ikano

Ikano

Seasoned Otaku

• Otakon Gofers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 12:52 AM

I've looked all over the FAQ pages and whatnot and I'm not seeing it... I'm a first-time gofer, as anyone might have guessed, and I'm not quite sure how to go about it. Do we sign up for them at orientation, or what?

I apologize if this is a silly question with an obvious answer that I'm somehow missing, but I honestly can't find it anywhere. S:

If you pre-registered as a gofer and got an e-mail confirmation they should've sent you an e-mail asking you what hours you can work.

Otherwise it's mainly done during orientation.

EeChiann Shen

2003-2006 -- "regular" con attendee ||
2007 - 2014 -- Gofer #108
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014 planned cosplay: Sanae Y (Suikoden 3)

#3 Xatni

Xatni

Neophyte Otaku

• Otakon Gofers
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 01:05 AM

If you pre-registered as a gofer and got an e-mail confirmation they should've sent you an e-mail asking you what hours you can work.

Ah, alright! Yeah, I don't think I ever got that email, but my email likes to spazz out every so often, so it doesn't surprise me.
Thanks so much for the answer! I'll email them now, assuming it's not too late... ;;;
Gofer #131 for Otakon 2011

2011 Cosplays:
Genderbent!Junpei Iori from Persona 3
Wall Reaper (red) from The World Ends With You

2012 Cosplays:
Friday - Junpei Iori (spring outfit); Persona 3/Trixie; Speed Racer
Saturday - Tenkai; Sengoku Basara
Sunday - female Ranma; Ranma 1/2

#4 Cousinsue

Cousinsue

Evil Ex-Chair Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,956 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 01:32 PM

Ah, alright! Yeah, I don't think I ever got that email, but my email likes to spazz out every so often, so it doesn't surprise me.
Thanks so much for the answer! I'll email them now, assuming it's not too late... ;;;

Hi,

Your name does not look familiar. Did you pre-reg? (fill out the prereg form on the site?).

If you didn't, or you did and did not get a note from me (can't check here at work), then first of all check your spam filter, and second send me a note at goferops at otakon dot com.

We've been receiving notes from people about what hours they are not free to gofer all week.

Susan Monroe
Gofer Ops Tri-DH
BBS Administrator
Otakon 2013