Photo

2012 Cosplays

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
171 replies to this topic

#151 new_reaper

new_reaper

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:01 PM

Last year was the only year I really decide to cosplay being working on one for next year. Plus I've been helping my friend with his so I don't have much time to work on something completely new. My friend told me I should just bring on of my Scott Pilgrim outfits from last year. I'm looking into ordering something for this year and work on the props for it.

Not sure when:

Scott Pilgrim (have to make a new 1-up sprite and want to refinish the sword of love)

#152 noezel7

noezel7

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 02:30 AM

I've cosplayed at Otakon before (as Yoite from Nabari no Ou in 2009), but this is the first time I'll be cosplaying in something I've made. I'm going as Gijinka-GLaDOS from Portal 2. I really hope more people will recognize who I am than they did at Zenkaikon this year. :D

Cosplay for Otakon 2014:

Eureka (Eureka 7)

Idol!Mirai Kuriyama (Beyond the Boundary)

Mayuri Shiina (Steins;Gate)

#153 volkodav

volkodav

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 11:36 PM

Cosplay plans are finalized for now. Unless something goes wrong, which is a minimal risk at this point, this is my list for Otakon:

America - Male Bomber Jacket (Hetalia) Done!
Germany - Male Military Outfit (Hetalia) Waiting on Commission!
Amaterasu - Human Form (Okami) Done!

My Germany outfit is a commission. It should look like the typical WWII German uniform (without the insignias and whatnot.)

Awesome, another Okami cosplayer! Check out: http://board.otakon....showtopic=22733

Volkodav

#154 sylviasushi27

sylviasushi27

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:32 PM

Already posted here, but already thinking about changing plans.
Choosing a cosplay is *so* hard for me...

I'm most definitely going to bring back my Misty cosplay for Friday, that's a given.

But the rest of the weekend isn't really set in stone. My boyfriend and I would love to do something together, and we're not really that into anime anymore (yet we still highly enjoy Otakon), so we're trying to think of something Disney. Currently leaning towards Rapunzel and Flynn from Tangled, if I decide if I can afford the beast of a wig. I'd absolutely love to cosplay a Disney princess though...

Disney all the way! :) I will be going as Rapunzel myself. My dear hubby refuses to cosplay with me, so there will be no Flynn. :( My wig took me AGES to make and was an absolute nightmare. SO MUCH TANGLED HAIR. However I am SO happy with the result! Once I have my crown completed, I'll be all set! :)

#155 AngelElli246

AngelElli246

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:08 PM

Wow so many awesome cosplays! I kind of have an idea on who I'm going as this year.

I plan on going as Aeris Gainsborough for Pre-reg and possibly Friday during the day for the photoshoot

Anyone familiar with Persona 3 or 4? Yeah the rest of my cosplays are from those games. Female Protagonist, Mitsuru Kirijo, and Naoto Shirogane

So many I want to do this year, but that's probably going to be what I'm do.

Otakon 2013 Cosplays!

Atoli: (.Hack//G.U.)

Minako/FeMC: (Persona 3 Portable) 
Mitsuru Kirijo: (Persona 3)

#156 TruePrussian

TruePrussian

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:35 PM

I'll be going as Dave Strider from Homestuck on Friday and Sunday.
Saturday I agreed to be Prussia from Hetalia for my friends :]
Cosplays Completed:
Prussia- Axis Powers: Hetalia
Dave Strider- Homestuck

Future Cosplays:
Trickster! Terezi- Homestuck AU
Terezi Pyrope- Homestuck

Izaya Orihara- Durarara!
Matt- Death Note
Road Kamelot- D. Gray-Man
Hungary- Axis Powers: Hetalia
Kyle Broflovski- South Park
Katniss Everdeen- Hunger Games
Cinderella [Rags Version] - Cinderella
Death the Kid - Soul Eater
Haruhi Fujioka - OHSHC
Con Check List:
Otakon 2011, 2012

*Bolded Cosplays are what's coming up next.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#157 PKlove

PKlove

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:34 AM

I think I finally figured out what I am doing!
I should be cosplaying these things;

Lucas (Mother 3)
Ken Amada [summer version!] (Persona 3)
Yuki Sanada (Tsuritama)
Cheren (Pokemon)

Ken is only for pre-con stuff and to go with my friend to a shoot but it still counts! And I still have a million things I need for these cosplays haha.

#158 MaryWesker

MaryWesker

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:26 PM

I've cosplayed for the past two Otakons I've attended. It makes the con even more fun IMO. I'm bringing back two of my Resident Evil costumes, and two new ones from Prototype and The Darkness 2. So far I haven't found any other Prototypers or Darknesss people (but there are a few witchblade ladies!) Regardless though; so excited!

Otakon 2014

Meg 2.0 - Supernatural

Ruby 2.0 Supernatural
Mary Shepherd-Sunderland - Silent Hill 2
Alice Abernathy - Resident Evil Movie

Lilith (white dress) - Supernatural (tentative)

#159 katchan12

katchan12

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:49 PM

Ok I can finally put the finalized cosplay list for Otakon (somewhat my last cosplay is being put together as we speak). For friday and friend and I are doing Link and Navi, I'm doing Link and I just got the last of my cosplay outfit today, and am super happy about it. For Saturday I am briefly doing meganium gijinka (pokemon) but my main cosplay is going to be Luca Trulyworth from Ar Tonelico II whose outfit is currently under construction and to be shipped out on the 5th of July. Finally for Sunday my friend is going as a fem!Spain while I plan to go as military!Japan. I cant wait to see everyone's cosplay's and for Otakon to arrive :)

Otakon '12
Thursday: Pia from Rune Factory 3
Friday: Anise Tatlin from Tales of the Abyss
SaturDay: Articuno (pokemon) Gijinka in the morning; Pia at night

Sunday: Gauche from tales of Vesperia

#160 momosangel

momosangel

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:31 AM

Okay It's decided My two cosplay's will be:

Yukari Takeba (Persona 3): Thursday, Sunday (and Friday's Persona Shoot)

Oerba Dia Vanille (Final Fantasy XIII): Friday and Saturday

Otakon 2014

Thursday: Rise Kujikawa (Persona 4)

Friday Morning: Marle (Chrono Trigger)

Friday Evening: Marie (Persona 4 Golden)

Saturday: Anna (Frozen) 

Sunday: Nanako Dojima (Persona 4) OR Yukari Takeba (Persona 3) 

#161 Twilightfairy

Twilightfairy

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:50 PM

Is there a cosplay progress thread anywhere?

Planned 2015 Cosplays

Dipper Pines- Gravity Falls

The batter or a Specter- Off

#162 DestroyingStars

DestroyingStars

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 12:11 PM

I think I finally figured out what I am doing!
I should be cosplaying these things;

Lucas (Mother 3)
Ken Amada [summer version!] (Persona 3)
Yuki Sanada (Tsuritama)
Cheren (Pokemon)

If I see you around, I want your picture. Never seen a Cheren cosplayer in person before. C:

rinkagarnine @ tumblr

• i'm always online there, so if you need to reach me for some reason, send me an ask on there to get a quicker response

CONVENTIONS

• Otakon 2013 (money's tight this year, gotta cut back orz)

COSPLAY

• Kagamine Rin (I need a Len, if you know a Len like set me up with them or s/t.)
  • Ultimate Madoka (or Godoka, Kamidoka, etc. etc.)
  • Aisaka Taiga (this uniform)

I'm totally up to meeting with you / taking pictures or anything of the sort!! If we don't coordinate or anything, but you still want to keep an eye out for me or something, look below!!

FRIDAY: Look for an Ultimate Madoka cosplayer, about 4'11" (really short). I'll be wearing a Pikachu-plush backpack, and I'll be with a Kitana (Mortal Kombat) cosplayer! I'll also have a bow and arrow with me, if that helps~

SATURDAY: Look for a Kagamine Rin cosplayer with light-up headphones and the same backpack~ I'll be with my friend again, this time as Hatsune Miku!

#163 Marzipan

Marzipan

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:41 AM

My friend and I are doing Nana and Hachi Friday. But our big group is MLP Sailor Scout concept that was inspired by some fanart we stumbled across. I will be Sailor Nightmare Moon and we will have Sailor Applejack, Sailor Celestia, and Sailor Fluttershy. :D
All Otakon 2012 pictures posted here! Don't forget to "like" me! <3

http://www.facebook....144502175606377

#164 RedMed

RedMed

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:01 AM

My friend and I are doing Nana and Hachi Friday. But our big group is MLP Sailor Scout concept that was inspired by some fanart we stumbled across. I will be Sailor Nightmare Moon and we will have Sailor Applejack, Sailor Celestia, and Sailor Fluttershy. Posted Image

That sounds like a really cute idea. I hope I get a picture of your group!
Otakon 2012 Line-Up
Zoe from Firefly/Serenity (with Wash, Kaylee, Inara and Mal)
Ilo from Ilomilo (with Milo)(No time to complete)
Previous Cosplays (2010, 2011) - Chell - Portal (with Aperture Scientist)

#165 Ikano

Ikano

Seasoned Otaku

• Otakon Gofers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:19 AM

Because I heard of some sort of mention/encouragement to wear kimonos,etc during the Matsuri.... I'm considering wearing my Fuwalafuwalu (Suikoden 5) cosplay [without the mask] on Thursday as I think it's probably the closest cosplay that looks like a kimono........I'll have to see how packing, scheduling, and everything else goes though....

ahahaha....to bring back that interesting cosplay for this though.....I find that funny....

#166 Kagamine Kotarou

Kagamine Kotarou

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:40 PM

I'm surprised I didn't post here yet. I have 4 different Len costumes for Otakon. I'm going to be regular Len on Day 0, Love Is War Len on Day 1 (until after the Vocaloid gathering), Senbonzakura Len on Day 2, and Prisoner Len (don't know when that will happen). I also plan to be Genis Sage on Day 1 (for the Tales of gathering) and Shinku Izumi from DOG DAYS on Day 3. I really hope I can find a Millhiore when I cosplay as Shinku because I missed that opportunity during Anime Expo since the only Millhiore I saw was when I wasn't cospaying as Shinku.

Facebook, @InugamiKotarou, Tumblr

Current Otakon 2013 Cosplay Plans:

Gaul Gallete des Rois (DOG DAYS)

Tsukiyomi Ikuto [Seven Seas Treasure ver.] (Shugo Chara!)

Kagamine Len [Aa, Subarashiki Nyansei or Poker Face or Love Is War or default]

Naoe Riki [Girls School Uniform ver.] (Little Busters!)

Genis Sage (Tales of Symphonia)

Itsuka Kotori (Date A Live) [Crossplay]

Banner500110.jpg

#167 Zairelyn

Zairelyn

Otaku In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:38 AM

Just bought the wig, crinoline, and fabric and will have it done! Lottie from Pandora Hearts!

Also have almost finished Nyanko-sensei from Natsume Yuuchinchou which I am pretty pumped about.

will be brining my Haruna from Kore wa Zombie desu ka? as well as Kero Beros from Card Captor Sakura.

and I beleive my friend Sam and I were throwing in the possibility of Nyan Cat and Tac Nyan lazy cosplays as well.

Probably end up with a few more cosplays in my bag...

here and there and everywhere but no where in between

Check out my Deviantart. It will be fun; I promise.

Posted Image

#168 Volaro

Volaro

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:02 PM

The two costumes I know for sure that I'll be wearing is Cedric Diggory from Harry Potter and Tamaki Suoh from Ouran Host Club, now that I've got myself a blonde wig.

The third costume which I hope to be bringing is the male player Pokemon Trainer from Black / White. The costume's mostly complete, I just need to get off my butt and finish off a sign I'm gonna be wearing with it, to simulate a text box: "Trainer Volaro would like to battle!"
Checklist complete! Now, find me at Otakon and challenge me to a Pokemon battle! =o
Posted Image

#169 Haru

Haru

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 01:00 PM

Finally finished with all my costumes, I would have liked to do a Syaoran Li cosplay but time and money aren't on my side. Not a 100% on which day I'm wearing what, but this is what I'll be bringing...

First costume is Sailor Uranus, I had the costume commissioned and shopped around for the wig and shoes. Second costume is the Pokemon Breeder from Diamond/Pearl. This one was pretty easy to make, just needed some fusible interfacing for the patterns. Lastly I'm doing a classic lolita cosplay with my friend I'm going with. She and I just thought it'd be a fun idea to run with. For that I got just about everything from Milanoo, the rest I found on amazon.
-OTAKON 2012-
Pokemon Breeder (Pokemon Diamond/Pearl)
Sailor Uranus (Sailor Moon)
Classic Lolita

deviantART
Colors! Gallery

#170 Ikano

Ikano

Seasoned Otaku

• Otakon Gofers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:26 PM

Because I heard of some sort of mention/encouragement to wear kimonos,etc during the Matsuri.... I'm considering wearing my Fuwalafuwalu (Suikoden 5) cosplay [without the mask] on Thursday as I think it's probably the closest cosplay that looks like a kimono........I'll have to see how packing, scheduling, and everything else goes though....

ahahaha....to bring back that interesting cosplay for this though.....I find that funny....

I now can't decide on whether to bring this one^ or Sanae Y for Thursday......(Or wear some cute hat I bought around Lunar New Year...)
I guess it'll depend mostly on the weather forecast.....

#171 Rick

Rick

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 02:04 AM

My cosplay's almost done. I just have to finish the final, ugly touches with spiking my wig, and get my armor re-spray painted to match the shoulder parts that got spray painted.

I should probably just mess with the wig later, as it's gonna be packed in a suitcase for a good 24 hours or so.

#172 FleetStreetNightmare

FleetStreetNightmare

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 01:10 AM

For this year, I will have Jack Sparrow (At World's End version) and Sweeney Todd
Next year I hope to have On Stranger Tides version of Jack Sparrow and Barnabas Collins done.
I am very slow with getting costumes together :(
Need a Jack Sparrow impersonator? Feel free to contact me on Facebook

I'm Captain Jack Sparrow.... savvy?

ScreenShot2013-04-03at15132AM_zps72643d1