Photo

Guest Request: 2012

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
664 replies to this topic

#251 albone

albone

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:49 PM

Other:
Doug Walker, AKA The Nostalgia Critic (he's been invited to several anime conventions over the past few years and usually likes to tie his convention appearances into scenarios in his series)

Co-sign on Doug Walker and also Uncle Yo!
Rival Angels.com
The #1 Joshi Puroresu webcomic!
Updates every M-W-F

#252 Jeremytroid

Jeremytroid

Otaku In Training

• Otakon Gofers
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:49 PM

Maximum the Hormone :3333
They just finished up a tour in Europe last year, and according to their website, currently have nothing scheduled for this year Posted Image
http://www.maximumth...e.jp/shows.html

I'd like to see the return of Takamasa Sakurai too Posted Image

Edited by Jeremytroid, 06 March 2012 - 07:50 PM.

Attending since 2008
A. Thompson Gofer #1128

#253 DestroyingStars

DestroyingStars

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:53 PM

I don't. He goes to nearly every con I end up attending and I have no interest in him whatsoever. So tired of seeing the same batch of Funimation dub actors getting requested everywhere I go...

I understand where you're coming from; I get tired of seeing J. Michael Tatum everywhere I go. I just wanted to see Vic because I never got to meet him. He voices a lot of characters that I like, and I think he's nice to his fans, even if they are a little bit obsessive. His fangirls actually scare me. . . /shudders

rinkagarnine @ tumblr

• i'm always online there, so if you need to reach me for some reason, send me an ask on there to get a quicker response

CONVENTIONS

• Otakon 2013 (money's tight this year, gotta cut back orz)

COSPLAY

• Kagamine Rin (I need a Len, if you know a Len like set me up with them or s/t.)
  • Ultimate Madoka (or Godoka, Kamidoka, etc. etc.)
  • Aisaka Taiga (this uniform)

I'm totally up to meeting with you / taking pictures or anything of the sort!! If we don't coordinate or anything, but you still want to keep an eye out for me or something, look below!!

FRIDAY: Look for an Ultimate Madoka cosplayer, about 4'11" (really short). I'll be wearing a Pikachu-plush backpack, and I'll be with a Kitana (Mortal Kombat) cosplayer! I'll also have a bow and arrow with me, if that helps~

SATURDAY: Look for a Kagamine Rin cosplayer with light-up headphones and the same backpack~ I'll be with my friend again, this time as Hatsune Miku!

#254 HotaruDragon

HotaruDragon

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:35 AM

How about...

US Voice Actors
Veronica Taylor
Josh Grelle
Crispin Freeman,
Justin Cook
Chuck Huber
Cherami Leigh
Laura Bailey
Chris Sabat
Sean Schemmel

JP Seiyuu
Nana Mizuki
Rie Kugimiya
Yuuichi Nakamura

Musical Guests
Buono!
Hironobu Kageyama
Aqua TImez

#255 Dostovei Illuminas

Dostovei Illuminas

Seasoned Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:57 PM

I don't. He goes to nearly every con I end up attending and I have no interest in him whatsoever. So tired of seeing the same batch of Funimation dub actors getting requested everywhere I go...

I understand where you're coming from; I get tired of seeing J. Michael Tatum everywhere I go. I just wanted to see Vic because I never got to meet him. He voices a lot of characters that I like, and I think he's nice to his fans, even if they are a little bit obsessive. His fangirls actually scare me. . . /shudders

Yeah I mean don't get me wrong, I don't begrudge people wanting to meet certain actors; for the vast majority of people Otakon is probably the one convention they attend out of the year (I typically do 5). But I'm also always eager to disprove blanket statements like "Who doesn't love X?" I prefer Japanese guests over American in general, though there are one or two dub actors I'd like to meet. They hardly ever get invited anywhere though, it's always the same core group of people, most of them from Funimation. Which is understandable given that Funimation basically is the US anime industry right now, but still, it gets repetitive.

Just doing a quick review of my convention list from last year and comparing:

Anime Boston: Brina Palencia, Greg Ayres, Chris Ayres, J. Michael Tatum, Richard Epcar, Sean Schemmel, Spike Spencer, Trina Nishimura, Tom Wayland

Animazement: Leah Clark, Todd Haberkorn, Kyle Hebert, Cherami Leigh, Patrick Seitz, Eric Vale

Anime Expo: Vic Mignogna, Taliesin Jaffe, Stephanie Yanez, Cristina Vee, Richard Epcar (Not listed on Wikipedia, but I know the K-On! dub cast of Stephanie Sheh, Cassandra Lee, Cristina Vee, and Shelby Lindley were all there as well at the Bandai industry booth)

Otakon: Tony Oliver, Lisa Ortiz, Tom Wayland, Johnny Yong Bosch, Scott Freeman, Scott Sager, Patrick Seitz, J. Michael Tatum, Cristina Vee, Stephanie Sheh, Shelby Lindley, Cassandra Lee

Anime Weekend Atlanta: Todd Haberkorn, Vic Mignogna, Brina Palencia

And this is just the overlap in a single year. And yeah, I know this is totally a "world's smallest violin" sort of thing and that I am by far in the minority as far as people who attend conventions, and I fully acknowledge that I am extremely lucky and fortunate to be able to blow thousands of dollars a year on this sort of thing ... But it's still worth pointing out. Maybe I've just been doing this for too long, lol... This is going to be my 11th year attending conventions. I'm going to Sakura-Con for the first time this year and even in their Japanese guests there's some overlap of people I've already met at previous cons (Kanon Wakeshima and STEREOPONY, namely). So yeah, feel free to ignore my mad ramblings if you wish. It would be great if somebody in Guest Relations is listening though.

Edited by Dostovei Illuminas, 07 March 2012 - 07:59 PM.

Faster than a berserking EVA-01, more powerful than a Psyco Gundam Mark II, able to leap Zentraedi battlecruisers in a single bound, I am a Mechaboy!

The general rule about people seems to be Attractive, Interested, Mentally Stable, Single: Choose two.

<JtotheD> do you even know what mecca is
<Loopy1> yea
<Loopy1> a robot that people fight in

#256 alabaster

alabaster

Grand Vizier

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,954 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:18 PM

Yes, people in guest relations are listening. :)

Yes, there are always going to be overlaps. Extremely prolific actors are in demand, and even more, there were only 3-4 "big" shows last year that got dubbed and released, so that's what got promoted.

Jim Vowles
Director of Guests & Industry Relations (Otakon & Otakon Vegas)

Previously:
Chair, Otakon Music Festival (2012), Programming Division Head (2012)
Special Projects Coordinator (2011-2012), Relations Section Chief (2007-2010)

Con Chair Emeritus (Otakon 2006), Vice Chair (2005)
President (2006), Vice President (2005)

Member-at-Large (2004, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013)

Grand Vizier of the Ota-Net (& former gofer #12)

#257 Tachibana

Tachibana

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:40 AM

I realize I already gave my suggestions at the start of the thread (which as the people in charge of contracting guests are starting/finishing such talks, it's probably a good time to bring that up)... I'd just like to state that I personally have zero problems with repeat guests, whether they appeared at other cons in the same year or at last year's Otakon. After all unless one devotes an entire con experience to a guest, they always have SOMETHING new to offer within the same year, whether it's a panel or just something to sign.

That and I really wouldn't mind seeing Ms. Stephanie Sheh again this year cough cough... cough.

#258 Tachibana

Tachibana

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:53 AM

... I apologize for the double post, but I just realized I forgot, I intended to add one more person to my request list:
Susan Dalian, who voices Haku in Naruto (who is in the upcoming Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations); Naoto Shirogane in Persona 4; and Storm in MvC3 and various X-men media.

#259 Dostovei Illuminas

Dostovei Illuminas

Seasoned Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:18 PM

Yes, people in guest relations are listening. Posted Image

Yes, there are always going to be overlaps. Extremely prolific actors are in demand, and even more, there were only 3-4 "big" shows last year that got dubbed and released, so that's what got promoted.

Haha, hey there Alabaster, good to know I've got somebody's ear at least. You gonna be at AX again this year too? Maybe we'll random encounter each other in the dealer room again. Posted Image

And yeah, like I said, I don't begrudge people wanting to meet their favorite actor and I understand why there are lots of repeats. I've just been doing this a long time and have too much money to spend, so I've seen them all and I'm complaining when I shouldn't be,lol... Just get at least one awesome Japanese seiyuu that I haven't met before and I'll be happy (#1 on my wishlist: Nana Mizuki).
Faster than a berserking EVA-01, more powerful than a Psyco Gundam Mark II, able to leap Zentraedi battlecruisers in a single bound, I am a Mechaboy!

The general rule about people seems to be Attractive, Interested, Mentally Stable, Single: Choose two.

<JtotheD> do you even know what mecca is
<Loopy1> yea
<Loopy1> a robot that people fight in

#260 Willdog999000

Willdog999000

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 04:33 PM

yousei teikoku or kanon wakeshima

#261 Makaimi

Makaimi

Otaku In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:08 PM

I understand the possibility of no repeats, but it would be nice to see CHEMISTRY again. However, though I do love them, it's only because I had missed them last year :( so it would be lovely to get another chance.

-T.M Revolution
-CHEMISTRY (If possible)
-Unicorn Table
-Crystal Kay
-m-flo
-2NE1 (Not to be a cynic but I seriously doubt that this would be possible, but we can only hope. A lot.)

#262 shinyaslove

shinyaslove

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:26 PM

I really only have one musical request this year and that's for you guys to bring One Ok Rock to Otakon. They are an awesome jrock band. The lead singer also sings in pretty good english. Check them out on youtube.

As for seiyuu:
Ryoutarou Okiay
Kentarou Itou
Shou Hayami
Hiroaki Hirata
Masakazu Morita

#263 SaitoKanda

SaitoKanda

Otaku In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:38 AM

Illich Guardiola (my all time favorite voice actor and if he does came i might cry)
Vic Mignogna
Travis Willingham (cosplaying Kanda lol )
Eric Vale
Kyle Hebert (Richter Albend is my everything hahaha)
Todd Hoperkorn (my little Allen Walker)
Daniel something the guy who voices Sanzo from Saiyuki
Micheal Tatum (sign scroll)
Chris Patton
Monica Rial
John Beigermier (need to get Eyes Rutherford cd signed)
Chris Bevins (i missed him at Katsu cause line was too long )
Chris Sabat
Jerry Jewell
Troy Baker (cause im cosplaying Yuri Lowell)
so manny more
CosplaysforOtakon 2013: Red means cosplay is complete

Belphegor ( second uniform) - Reborn! 95% Complete Might put him in a maid outfit MSG me if i should do it or not!
Kanda Yuu ( third uniform) - D.Gray-Man 100% Complete Might put him in a maid outfit MSG me if i should do it or not!
Cheshire Cat - Pandora Hearts 100% Complete MAYBE
Yuri Lowell - Tales of Vesperia 100% Complete Might put him in a maid outfit MSG me if i should do it or not!

#264 becky_kolkolkol

becky_kolkolkol

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:48 AM

Second the Hetalia VAs already listed (both Japanese and English)

Seiyuu:
Takato Yasuhiro (Russia)
Takeuchi Ken (Lithuania)
Tanaka Kazutada (Latvia)

English VA:
Ryan Reynolds (Latvia)
Mike McFarland (Estonia)

and any other possible Hetalia VA's/seiyuu.

(yes, I am a Russia fangirl, as well as a Russia RPer/cosplayer who likes creeping on the Baltics (^J^) )

#265 darkangelelric

darkangelelric

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:30 PM

Seiyuu:

Fumiko Orikasa
Masakazu Morita
Romi Paku

English Voice Actors:

Vic Mignogna
Caitlin Glass
Travis Willingham
Colleen Clinkinbeard
Todd Haberkorn
Wendy Powell
Chris Patton
Chris Sabat
Sonny Strait
Crispin Freeman
Chuck Huber
Troy Baker
Johnny Young Bosch
Michelle Ruff
J. Micheal Tatum

Musical Guests:

SID
UVERworld
YUI
Aisan Kung-FU Generation
Abingdon Boys School

If Vic Mignogna, Travis Willingham, Colleen Clikinbeard and Todd Haberkorn come I will be HAPPY Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

I would also like to see the whole FFXIII and FFXIII-2 cast Posted Image, especially Ali Hillis ^^

OH and add Angela Aki to the musical guest list. I would KILL to be able to see her live.
Mod removal: Signature removed for oversized banner. Please read the BBS Guidelines here: http://board.otakon....tion=boardrules

#266 dragonzord12

dragonzord12

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 06:46 PM

bring to otakon
david jason frank the green ranger
cathrine sutherland the pink ranger
yuri lowenthal

tara platt

mary elizabeth mcgylnn

richard epcar

ellyn epcar

#267 GiveMe5

GiveMe5

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 06:54 PM

Love Psychedelico

#268 sarahstrangex

sarahstrangex

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:22 PM

It would be lovely if Naoko Takeuchi (of Sailor Moon fame) could attend.

"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." - Mel Brooks

Otakons attended: 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

#269 Kira

Kira

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:19 PM

Angelo

#270 hirochan28

hirochan28

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:32 PM

I'd like to request a musical guest: the K-pop band 2pm :D They did the first ending song for Ao no Exorcist. I thought it might be cool if they did a concert or signing or Q&A session at Otakon.

#271 dragonzord12

dragonzord12

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:27 AM

bring karan ashley the yellow power ranger and jason david frank the green ranger we want the power ranger

#272 ReanimationLP

ReanimationLP

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:30 PM

YUI plz. =3

#273 totalanimefan

totalanimefan

Otaku In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:20 PM

I have another request, could you please bring Chris Sabat? Thanks.
Counting down the days until Otakon~

#274 Sassadri

Sassadri

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:04 PM

It would be cool if the musical guest was HOW MERRY MARRY
Posted Image

Otakon 2005-2012

#275 animefanatic6290

animefanatic6290

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:57 AM

this is sort of a long shot since these two guest usually go to San Diego Comic Con but....

could you all try to get Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko (creators of Avatar: The Last Airbender) over this year?!

yes some people would argue that there series isnt "anime" but it doesnt change the fact that its such an asian culture-driven show!!
and an amazing one at that!!

i believe that they have stayed too long at San Diego and should visit their fans on the east coast at some point ^^;;;

~Attending since 2007~

if I could alter time

it would be August 7th NOW!!! ;D

#276 TheBigN

TheBigN

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:52 PM

Would be fun to somehow have Akiyuki Shinbo come to Otakon this year.

And it would also be fun if we could somehow get Shimoku Kio, manga-ka of Genshiken, to come here, given his focus on the otaku experience in Japan. I wonder how he would see the experience over here in the US?

#277 Kyon

Kyon

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:03 PM

So...can we at least start getting teasers now?

#278 AnimeGirlNJ

AnimeGirlNJ

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:05 PM

Luci Christian please!!!!! :D

#279 Makaalbarn1213

Makaalbarn1213

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:33 AM

I would love to have Todd Haberkorn and love to have Yuri Lowenthal.

I havent seen Yuri since 2006 and 2008 they were great years and think it would be great to have him there.

And Todd would be great hes funny and a great person to meet <3

#280 insaneben

insaneben

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:35 PM

I've said this many times before (not on this forum, though- this will only be the second time), but I'd like to meet Sam Riegel.

You may know him best as the voice of Donatello in TMNT, but he was also Shiro Emiya in "Fate/Stay Night", Minoru Shiraishi in "Lucky Star", Taniguchi in "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya", Kimidori in "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya-Chan", and Viral in "Gurren Lagann" (just to name a few). In video games, he was the voice of Starscream in "Transformers: War For Cybertron" and Phoenix Wright in "Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3".

But the number one reason I'd like to see Sam Riegel at Otakon is that he's from Washington, DC (born and raised). Thus, I think Otakon would make for a wonderful homecoming (granted, Baltimore isn't DC, but it is an hour away from DC, so it's still close enough).

#281 insaneben

insaneben

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:44 PM

I'd also like to add that Sam Riegel has never been to a convention on the East Coast (or outside of Los Angeles, Sacramento, Phoenix or Las Vegas, for that matter).

#282 rotinoma

rotinoma

Seasoned Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:45 PM

So...can we at least start getting teasers now?

ACE is this weekend... maybe after that?

#283 Kyon

Kyon

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:23 PM

Damnit I hate when cons do that...

#284 Cyanna

Cyanna

Otaku In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 11:47 PM

Blah blah T.M. Revolution blah blah Tomokazu Seki blah blah yes I know they both came to Otakon while I was on forced Ota-hiatus. Just let me keep dreaming like I do every year. Posted Image

#285 rotinoma

rotinoma

Seasoned Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:27 AM

Damnit I hate when cons do that...

At least we get a lot of fun teases. Beats cons that announce guests like, last minute and without any fanfare!
Well, I guess there WAS Otakon 2011 :P

Joking aside, I'd say Memorial Day weekend time frame is when I'll start getting impatient.

#286 Ilstefan

Ilstefan

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:13 PM

I would love to see:

Yasuhiro Imagawa

A fairly well-known director of Anime series, Imagawa is probably best known for directing:
Mobile Fighter G Gundam
Giant Robo: The Day The Earth Stood Still
Violinist of Hamelin
Pet Shop of Horrors

I may be wrong, but I'm fairly certain he was a guest at Otakon some years back, so it should be possible to get him to come by. I particularly would like to ask him some questions about his work on Getter Robo Armageddon, and I think he'd draw a fair-sized crowd.

The Protomen

A Band from Tennessee well known for their Megaman based Rock Operas. I would love to see them in concert, and they're usually more than willing to come to cons.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8R8MkEsgf-I

Edited by Ilstefan, 02 April 2012 - 01:17 PM.

#287 rotinoma

rotinoma

Seasoned Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:04 AM

The Protomen

A Band from Tennessee well known for their Megaman based Rock Operas. I would love to see them in concert, and they're usually more than willing to come to cons.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8R8MkEsgf-I

You learn something new everyday...

#288 milo313

milo313

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:28 PM

MONKEY MAJIK- theyre a fantastic band, and would be wonderful for otakon.

BABYMETAL- theyre brand new, just getting started, theyre getting popular, and i think they kinda fit into the whole otakon style

#289 MBlilithschild

MBlilithschild

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:48 PM

they already had Kanon Wakeshima I believe two years ago so unfortunately, more then likely, they won't have her again

bring to otakon
yuri lowenthal

tara platt

mary elizabeth mcgylnn

richard epcar

ellyn epcar

I second this, i want to see some power rangers, mainly david jason frank, and Skull ^^ (sorry don't know his name off the top of my head)
IN A WORLD OF CHERRIOS BE A FRUIT LOOP!!!!!!!!!

#290 SykoVinny

SykoVinny

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:12 PM

they already had Kanon Wakeshima I believe two years ago so unfortunately, more then likely, they won't have her again

bring to otakon
yuri lowenthal

tara platt

mary elizabeth mcgylnn

richard epcar

ellyn epcar

I second this, i want to see some power rangers, mainly david jason frank, and Skull ^^ (sorry don't know his name off the top of my head)

I third this ----!!!!!! Cause its Morphing Time!!!! *insert theme song here*

Otakon 2013

Friday: Avatar, Zuko

Saturday: Young Juctice, Robin

Sunday: Running Man, HaHa Oppa

#291 Tethys

Tethys

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:19 PM

Here is my wishlist of mostly plausible Japanese guests (plus one American)
  • Kunihiko Ikuhara - If a US company is planning to license Mawaru Penguindrum, this will tie in nicely (similar to Madoka last year)
  • Mamoru Hosoda - Usually a long shot, but he has a new movie coming out this summer to promote
  • Ken Akamatsu - Negima just finished, so his calendar could be free. If I recall correctly, the last time he did US cons was after Love Hina wrapped up.
  • Jake Adelstein - I can't think of anyone who would be cooler for academic type panels. His book was incredible.
  • Soubi Yamamoto - Great up-and-comer. Sentai just picked up the rights to her debut OAV, and she has connections to Maokto Shinkai (who came last year).
  • Norio Wakamoto - Seiyuu legend.

#292 libraof4swords

libraof4swords

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:48 PM

Some big cons went down over the weekend. Maybe a guest announcement will happen this week?

Destruction and creation are two sides of the same coin.

- Major Alex Louis Armstrong

#293 totalanimefan

totalanimefan

Otaku In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:42 AM

Some big cons went down over the weekend. Maybe a guest announcement will happen this week?

I'm thinking the same thing as you.
Counting down the days until Otakon~

#294 Frae

Frae

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:20 AM

Akira Yamaoka
Mary Elizabeth McGlynn
Daisuke Ishiwatari

Musical Guest(s):
Uverworld
Orange Range
Asian Kung Fu Generation
The Gazette
alice nine
Sadie
Posted Image

#295 yumemiko

yumemiko

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:36 PM

For musical guest:

ASIAN KUNG-FU GENERATION!!!!!
Please.

Also, I would die of happiness if BEAT CRUSADERS could come, but sadly they have broken up Posted Image

#296 cutekarla

cutekarla

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:50 PM

Most of my suggestions will be musical guests, but here we go:
Sota Fujimori
Capsule
Perfume
8#Prince
Teddyloid
dj Taka
Dixie Flatline
(nana)sevencolors
kors k
Sei Peridot
LIVETUNE
Crystal Kay
Oster Project
Any famous utaites or odoites from nico nico douga or any popular niconico user would be very awesome too >v<
I wonder if you can bring someone from goodsmile company too... Posted Image
ALSO Noboru Murakami, CEO of Internet Co., Ltd., please.

There have been waay too many rock stars before, I would like a bit of variety. Also, sick of LA always getting all the musical stars I want to visit...
Seconded for Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko.

Edited by cutekarla, 14 April 2012 - 02:55 PM.

#297 boku wa sado

boku wa sado

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:08 AM

This is probably a very eclectic list, but for musical guests, I'd love to see any of the following artists:
1. The enka singer Jero, because not only does he have a fantastic voice, he also does an amazing job of blending modern elements into such a traditional genre. It's also interesting that he's the first black enka singer in Japanese music history.

2. RIZE - One of the pioneers of the rap-rock genre in Japan. They just had a primarily industry-only event called EAST MEETS WEST in New York last month and expressed desire to introduce their sound to the US. They're really down to earth guys and have phenomenal energy/charisma on stage. Each of the members are also famous outside of RIZE. Jesse (son of the legendary guitarist Char) is also a part of the hip-hop project E.D.O., has his own successful fashion brand, and is very much a fashion icon himself. Nobuaki is the only Japanese drummer endorsed by Pearl, has his own solo music career, and is an actor (Crows Zero II, Hard Romanticer, etc). KenKen, the bassist, has worked with Sugizo on his solo projects.

3. ONE OK ROCK - Great live performers. Their latest album, Zankyou Reference, debuted at #2 on the Oricon charts.

4. SPYAIR - These guys are another great live band who have a pretty diverse sound. They did an ending theme for Gintama as well.

5. 藍坊主 (Aobouzu) - Probably most known for their song "Hoshi no sumika", which was used as the first ending theme for Tiger & Bunny.

6. Kenichi Maeyamada, also known as Hyadain.

For fashion guests, I'd really like to see Imai Satomi, the designer for the gothic & lolita brands BLACK PEACE NOW, BLACK PEACE NOW FOR MEN, and avant garde label GADGET GROW. S-inc's Z8 is already a guest for AnimeNEXT, but I'd love to see her designs at Otakon too, especially since mori fashion is becoming so popular.

#298 The Otakutopian

The Otakutopian

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:55 PM

Akinori Ogata (the first Japanese Nascar driver) - I thought about seeing him at the Sakura Matsuri in DC this past weekend, but I had to leave early.

Unfortunately, Doug Walker (The Nostalgia Critic) won't be coming to Otakon this year. A few weeks ago, he posted a video of the next cons he's doing. And he's going to ConBravo in Canada, which will be happening during the same weekend as Otakon (http://conbravo.com/...ts/doug-walker/). Oh well.

Edited by The Otakutopian, 15 April 2012 - 09:57 PM.

#299 Dospraline

Dospraline

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:01 PM

I would love to have DJ Amaya play! He does a bunch of Japanese and English songs! Here's his site. http://www.djamaya.com/

#300 typodesu

typodesu

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:07 PM

MUSICAL
Hyadain
Kishidan/DJ Ozma
Any Hello! Project group (C-ute!, S/mileage, Buono!, Morning Musume, Berryz Koubou)
Maaya Sakamoto
FLOW

MANGAKA/ARTISTS
Hirohiko Araki - Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
Go Nagai - Devilman, Cutie Honey
Hiromu Arakawa - Fullmetal Alchemist
Yoshinaga Fumi - Antique Bakery
Haruki Murakami
Kenichi Yoshida - character designer for Eureka 7

VA
Norio Wakamoto
Steve Blum

Hirohiko Araki, especially, is on my bucket list, so yea. Him coming is probably impossible since he's a bit shy, but it would pretty much make my LIFE <3 Also the life of many people I know!