Photo

Guest Request: 2012

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
664 replies to this topic

#1 twaffles

twaffles

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 10:50 AM

I saw we have a guest request for the Otakon that just passed, so why not create a new one? Go ahead and state who you want!!

For me, I really want Ellegarden. They are soooo amazing!!

What about you guys??

#2 onsta

onsta

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 10:56 AM

I know Otakon tries not to repeat guests, but Johnny Yong Bosch + Eyeshine again please!! They were simply wonderful this year! Not only was JYB nice, hilarious, and kept everyone entertained, but Eyeshine sounded amazing and they were also funny and kind. They were also very generous to their fans after the Matsuri performance, staying to give everyone an autograph who wanted one in that heat (and that long line)! They're all very wonderful people, and JYB and his band are some of the best guests Otakon has had so far, IMO. I've never been so happy and entertained!

#3 Galactic Mario

Galactic Mario

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 137 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 12:17 PM

Bring back Lisa Ortiz and Tom Wayland. They were awesome. :D Especially Lisa, she was so nice and down to Earth.

...But y'all should really try getting:

-Charles Martinet (He is my hero... :D)
-Crush 40
-Ryan Drummond
-Grant Kirkhope
-Dan Green
Posted Image
Attendee at Otakon from 2011... onwards! Whoo-hoo!

#4 Squee

Squee

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 12:47 PM

Please bring back J. Michael Tatum. He's so entertaining and amusing. I adore all of his panels. His story telling is absolutely hilarious. Him and Vic Mignogna are my favorites.

I'd love if Vic Mignogna could come back for 2012 as well. I adore the both of them.

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.

Otakon
2009 ~ 2010 ~ 2011

#5 Bl2w

Bl2w

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 01:39 PM

I figure that I should repeat my own requests on here, too~

~~

Manga-ka & Light Novel Authors

* Hitoma Iruma - author of Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko
* Isin Nisio - author of the Bakemonogatari series
* Ume Aoki - manga-ka of Hidamari Sketch and character designer for Puella Magi Madoka Magica

Directors

* Akiyuki Shinbou - primary director for SHAFT; director of Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, Bakemonogatari, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, & Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko
* Kazuya Tsurumaki - director of FLCL & the "Rebuild of Evangelion" series
* Hiroshi Hamasaki - director of Texhnolyze, Shigurui, & Steins;Gate
* Mamoru Hosoda - director of The Girl Who Leapt Through Time & Summer Wars

Writers

* Gen Urobuchi - writer for Saya no Uta; creator of Fate/zero; script for Puella Magi Madoka Magica

Musicians

* Daisuke Ishiwatari - creator of Guilty Gear; voice of Sol Badguy (Guilty Gear); composer for BlazBlue
* Joe Hisaishi - composer for My Neighbor Totoro, Princess Mononoke, & Spirited Away
* Kalafina - ending themes for Black Butler, Kara no Kyoukai: Garden of Sinners, & Puella Magi Madoka Magica
* the pillows - ending theme & music for FLCL
* supercell - ending theme for Bakemonogatari; music for Black Rock Shooter, Cencoroll, & Guilty Crown
* Yuki Kajiura - director of Kalafina; composer for Kara no Kyoukai: Garden of Sinners, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, & Fate/zero

Seiyuu

* Ai Nonaka - voice of Kafuka Fuura (Zetsubou Sensei), Kyouko Sakura (Puella Magi), & Meme Touwa (Denpa Onna)
* Aoi Yuuka - voice of Platinum the Trinity (BlazBlue), Victorique de Blois (Gosick), & Madoka Kaname (Puella Magi)
* Asami Imai - voice of Tsubaki Yayoi (BlazBlue) & Kurisu Makise (Steins;Gate)
* Chiwa Saito - voice of Meru Otonashi (Zetsubou Sensei), Hitagi Senjougahara (Bakemonogatari), & Homura Akemi (Puella Magi)
* Emiri Kato - voice of Kagami Hiiragi (Lucky Star), Hideyoshi Kinoshita (Baka to Test), & Kyuubey (Puella Magi)
* Kana Hanazawa - voice of Zange (Kannagi), Ruri Gokou/"Kuroneko" (OreImo), & Mayuri Shiina (Steins;Gate)

Voice Actors (U.S.)

* Kari Wahlgren - voice of Haruko Haruhara (FLCL), Fuu Kasumi (Samurai Champloo), & Celty Sturluson (Durarara!!)
* Luci Christian - voice of Ahiru (Princess Tutu), Mitsukuni Haninozuka/"Honey-senpai" (Ouran), & Medusa Gorgon (Soul Eater)

Other

* kimino-museum - doujin music circle (Touhou Project)
* ZUN - creator of Touhou Project

| Check out my art studio, KyokoPro Studios, on Facebook, deviantART, & YouTube~! |

#6 Dostovei Illuminas

Dostovei Illuminas

Seasoned Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 02:08 PM

Nana Mizuki
Yuki Kajiura
RyuKishi07

Those are my big three at the moment.
Faster than a berserking EVA-01, more powerful than a Psyco Gundam Mark II, able to leap Zentraedi battlecruisers in a single bound, I am a Mechaboy!

The general rule about people seems to be Attractive, Interested, Mentally Stable, Single: Choose two.

<JtotheD> do you even know what mecca is
<Loopy1> yea
<Loopy1> a robot that people fight in

#7 katsujin-ken

katsujin-ken

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 03:14 PM

Nana Mizuki
Yuki Kajiura
RyuKishi07

Those are my big three at the moment.

Definitely concur with bringing Nana Mizuki. She's currently my fave singer. I'd also add Yui, and Scandal to my list of singers/performers.

#8 Dostovei Illuminas

Dostovei Illuminas

Seasoned Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 03:38 PM

I have one addition to my list: the Japanese K-ON! cast. I wants me some Ho-Kagou Tea Time action.
Faster than a berserking EVA-01, more powerful than a Psyco Gundam Mark II, able to leap Zentraedi battlecruisers in a single bound, I am a Mechaboy!

The general rule about people seems to be Attractive, Interested, Mentally Stable, Single: Choose two.

<JtotheD> do you even know what mecca is
<Loopy1> yea
<Loopy1> a robot that people fight in

#9 onsta

onsta

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 04:16 PM

Oh, and if I may add, Kishidan/DJ Ozma as well, if you'd be able to. I would die and go to heaven 300000000 times.

#10 katsujin-ken

katsujin-ken

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 05:19 PM

For a guest panelist, Danny Choo of "Culture Japan": DannyChoo.com

#11 animemental1

animemental1

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 05:42 PM

Already? Dang. =/

Anyways, I suppose earlier is better than nothing.

My list has changed, but I still want...

Aya Hirano [Seiyuu/Singer] (Probably unlikely, since she's been banned from voice acting. She's probably busy just trying to find a way to get her job back.)
Nana Mizuki [Seiyuu/Singer]
Rie Kugimiya [Seiyuu/Singer]
Daisuke Ono [Seiyuu]
Mutsuhiko Izumi [BEMANI VGM Composer]
Ryutaro Nakahara AKA Ryu☆ [DJ/BEMANI VGM Composer]
Kosuke Saito AKA kors k [DJ/BEMANI VGM Composer]
risette [Band]
the pillows [Band]
Kalafina [Musical Group] (Unlikely, but you never know...)
ClariS [Musical Duo] (Very unlikely. If Clara & Alice haven't revealed their identities to Japan, then I highly doubt they'd come over here just for us.)
Gen Urobuchi [Author of Madoka Magica]

American

Yuri Lowenthal [VA]
Colleen Clinkenbeard [VA]
Crispin Freeman [VA]
Bryan Lee O'Malley [Author of Scott Pilgrim]

Edited by animemental1, 01 August 2011 - 05:45 PM.

#12 Bl2w

Bl2w

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 06:05 PM

I can't believe that I forgot about Danny~! I second this request~ :D

| Check out my art studio, KyokoPro Studios, on Facebook, deviantART, & YouTube~! |

#13 onsenmark

onsenmark

Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 06:49 PM

Oh, and if I may add, Kishidan/DJ Ozma as well, if you'd be able to. I would die and go to heaven 300000000 times.

I agree with this, but only if he does Spiderman. Bonus points if someone doing a SUPIDA-MAN cosplay dances on stage.

Anyway, my short list of suggestions for now:

- Kyle Hebert
- Kyle Hebert
- Kyle Hebert

Give me cheese to go with my whine.

Thinking about Otakon 2013:

Franken Stein - Soul Eater

#14 mitamaking

mitamaking

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 07:15 PM

U.S. Voice actors
Amanda Winn Lee
Jason Lee
Brina Palencia
Chris Patton

Japanese Voice Actors
Megumi Hayashibara
Ami Koshimizu
Nana Mizuki
Aya Hirano

Manga Writters
Ken Akamastsu
Posted Image

#15 vivids

vivids

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 07:54 PM

I'd love it if somehow Otakon could manage to get Joe Hisaishi.

#16 onsta

onsta

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 08:23 PM

I agree with this, but only if he does Spiderman. Bonus points if someone doing a SUPIDA-MAN cosplay dances on stage.

Anyway, my short list of suggestions for now:

- Kyle Hebert
- Kyle Hebert
- Kyle Hebert

That would be BRILLIANT.

#17 razisgosu

razisgosu

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 08:28 PM

Musicians

1. T.M. Revolution
2. abingdon boys school
3. sphere
4. LM.C
5. SuG

Seiyuu

1. Ayana Taketatsu
2. Kugimiya Rie
3. Aki Toyosaki
4. Satou Satomi
5. Itou Shizuka
6. Noto Mamiko
7. Iori Nomizu
8. Horie Yui

#18 Tachibana

Tachibana

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 08:34 PM

Well, given I'm a fanboy for Stephanie Sheh, I'd love to see her return, but since you all got her two years in a row I understand if you don't want to go for her again.

Outside of that, I'd really like to see:
*Petrea Burchard(US English VA; She seems to have distanced herself from her voicework as Ryoko in Tenchi, but if it's possible at all to get her, I'd love you guys forever)
*Norio Wakamoto (Japanese VA; famous for... A lot of stuff. Seriously, if you're an anime fan who watches subbed anime, you should know this godlike man.)
*Stephen Turnbull (British historian and nonfiction writer who specializes in Japanese history, especially the feudal era. Getting him to come and speak on a Q&A panel on Japanese history would be great, but I can see difficulty in getting him as he is a historian and might see a convention such as Otakon as silly)
*Romi Paku(Japanese VA; famous for her roles as Edward Elric in FMA, Hitsugaya in Bleach, Temari in Naruto and Naruto Shippuden. I mostly know her for her role as Uesugi Kenshin in Sengoku Basara though, lol)
*Kazuya Nakai(Japanese VA; famous for Zoro in One Piece, Mugen in Samurai Champloo, and Date Masamune in Sengoku Basara)
*Reuben Langdon (MOTHER****IN' DANTE AND MASAMUNE, GUYS!)

I also second Colleen Clinkenbeard, Nana Mizuki, and Kyle Hebert as far as VAs go, and I'd love to see either T.M Revolution or ABS as a musical guest.

Why yes, yes I am a Sengoku Basara fan, how'd you notice?

Edited by Tachibana, 01 August 2011 - 08:37 PM.

#19 animefanatic6290

animefanatic6290

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 10:49 PM

WOW you all are FAST!!! XD
well my list hasnt change all that much from my previous list

Voice Actors:
1. Eric Vale (he owns us for not coming along w/ the hetalia cast)
2. John Burgmeier (he has neglected his fans for too long!!! DX)
3. Chris Carson
4. Kyle Hebert
5. Kate Higgins
6. Michelle Ruff
7. Monical Rial
8. Caitlin Glass
9. Chuck Huber
(i dont think these ppl have ever came to otakon...)

Japanese Seiryuu:
1. Mamoru Miyano (light yagami, zero kiryuu, tamaki suoh) this man is amazing and needs to meet his american fans ASAP!!!
2. Daisuke Namikawa (italy-APH, shouta kazehaya,) i would MELT from happiness
3. Jun Fukuyama (lelouch, grell, shinra) b/c hes hysterical
4. Yui Horie (for her many AWESOME roles)
5. Romi Park (this woman is EPIC)
6. Rie Kugimiya (again, EPIC~!!!)
7. Nana Mizuki (b/c shes both a seiyuu and singer!!)

Mangaka:
1. Natsuki Takaya (fruits basket) meeting her would be enough to satisfy me for a lifetime
2. Hiro Mashima (he came to the states before so why not baltimore??) ^^ wish i could go to NYCC >_< curses!!!
3. Hiromu Arakawa (if shes not too busy)
4. Bisco Hatori (again if shes not too busy)
5. Hidekaz Himaruya (if at all possible) >___<
6. Kiyohiko Azuma (azumanga daioh, yotsuba)

Jrock BANDS:
1. UVERworld (please!?!?)
2. abingdon school boys ( =D )
3. Perfume (we need an all girls jpop band)
4. Aqua Timez
5. SID (indie group w/ awesome music)
6. RADWIMPS
7. Rie Fu
8. Orange Range

please and thank you!! <3

Edited by animefanatic6290, 01 August 2011 - 10:50 PM.

~Attending since 2007~

if I could alter time

it would be August 7th NOW!!! ;D

#20 ueda

ueda

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 11:35 PM

Seiyuu:
Katsuyuki Konishi
Ryotaro Okiayu
Junichi Suwabe
Yuuichi Nakamura
Akira Ishida
Hiroshi Kamiya
Daisuke Ono
Daisuke Namikawa
Takehito Koyasu
Takahiro Sakurai
Kazuya Nakai
Mamoru Miyano
Mamiko Noto

Musical artists:
w-inds.
UVERWORLD
SID
Sphere
2PM
KAT-TUN
Jin Akanishi
DBSK
JYJ
Miyavi
Kobukuro
abingdon boys school

#21 musicalbento

musicalbento

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 12:04 AM

Not sure how plausible it is, but I'd really love to see the gazette (considering they had BECCA I don't think it's too hard of a request!) or maybe even BEAT CRUSADERS or (crosses fingers) Daichi Miura? :)

otakon attendee
'04 '06 '09 '10 '11
'12

[ projected cosplays ]
TBD!

#22 QuinnTheSpazz

QuinnTheSpazz

Otaku In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 12:37 AM

People I'd seriously love to meet (Mostly for Fangirl reasons):

~Kyle Herbert (I admit it, I'm a Richter Abend Fangirl)
~Yuri Lowenthal (My Family friend actually knows him and I've talked to him on the phone once. I'd love to see if he remembers me. Plus I'm also a Pip Bernadotte fangirl.)
~Jerry Jewell (Fruits Basket was the first anime I ever saw.)
~Crispin Freeman (Hellsing in general fangirl, present and accounted for.)
~Colleen Clinkenbeard (Angela from Black Butler, Yuko from XXXholic)
~Greg Ayeres (Trying to collect signatures from the Entire host club)
~Sonny Strait (Drocell from Black Butler. My friend PhantomHoodie and I would jump around like weasels on caffeine doing the happy dance if he came. Seriously. If this happens look for a schoolgirl and the person in my avatar dancing like caffeinated weasels. )
~Kari Wahlgren (Rip from Hellsing. Which brings us Back to the Hellsing fangirl thing. Plus she's Celty from Durarara!! Which I recently got into)
~Daniel Fredrick (Grell from Black Butler. He Would also induce the caffeinated Weasel dance)

I think that's it. If I think of anymore that I just have to meet, I'll add 'em but basically, invite some people from Hellsing, Black Butler and Fruits Basket and I'm happy.

Edited by QuinnTheSpazz, 02 August 2011 - 12:38 AM.

Otakon 2014 cosplay plan(s) (as of now): (yes I know it's early but I don't care!)

Friday: Tsukitachi from Karneval
Saturday: Kaito Jeanne from Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne (gonna have a Kaito Sinbad and possible Noin Claude with me!)
Sunday: Ayato Naoi from Angel Beats (Possibly with an Otonashi and/or a Yui!)

#23 The Otakutopian

The Otakutopian

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 12:40 AM

@animefanatic6290 - I know most of the (North American) Voice Artists you've mentioned have appeared at Otakon at least once, except (I think) Eric Vale, Chris Carson, and Kyle Hebert. Though any of the ones you've listed would be nice to have, even if they have appeared before. :)

Second Nana Mizuki since she's both a great seiyuu and singer (check out "Shugo Chara!" for an example of both).

Other Suggestions:

Voice Artists:

Wendee Lee (Faye Valentine from "Cowboy Bebop", Haruhi from "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya", Konata Izumi from "Lucky Star", and Yoruichi, Ururu, and others from "Bleach")
Kari Wahlgren (Kagami from "Lucky Star", Fuu from "Samurai Champloo", Celty from "Durarara")
Karen Strassman (Miyuki from "Lucky Star", Soi Fon and Momo Hinamori from "Bleach", Kallen from "Code Geass")
Laura Bailey (Sana Kurata from "Kodocha", Tohru Honda from "Fruits Basket", Lust from both "Fullmetal Alchemist" series, Serah from "Final Fantasy XIII")
Trina Nishimura (Mari Makinami Illustrious from "Evangelion 2.22: You Can (Not) Advance", Lan Fan from "Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood")
Kate Oxley (Momo Adachi from "Peach Girl", Makie Sasaki from "Negima!")
Sam Riegel (Minoru Shiraishi from "Lucky Star", Flynn from "Tales of Vesperia" (the game at least), Allegretto from "Eternal Sonata", Donatello from "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles")
Eden Riegel (Lady Rurichiyo from "Bleach", Yuna from the "Stitch!" anime, Nanami Ota from the "Iron Man" anime on G4, Hitomi from "Dead or Alive: Dimensions"....She's also Sam Riegel's sister and is a star on "The Young and the Restless".)
Hynden Walch (Starfire from "Teen Titans", Amy Stapleton from "IGPX", Yutaka Kobayakawa from "Lucky Star", Young Nia from "Gurren Lagann", Princess Bubblegum from "Adventure Time")
Brittney Karbowski (Ayu Tsukimiya from "Kanon", Selim Bradley from "Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood")
Troy Baker (Yuri Lowell from "Tales of Vesperia", the second Greed from "Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood", Snow from "Final Fantasy XIII")

...and, if Funimation manages to get the rights to "Sailor Moon" between now and then, as many of the show's new dub's voice artists as possible. (I can dream, can't I?) Since last year had most of the "Hetalia" cast, and this year had the main "K-ON!" cast.

Japanese Seiyuu:
Megumi Hayashibara (Lina Inverse from "Slayers", Faye Valentine from "Cowboy Bebop", and even Hello Kitty herself) (also a legendary singer and can double as a musical guest)
Keiji Fujiwara (Axel and Lea from "Kingdom Hearts" games, Maes Hughes from both "Fullmetal Alchemist" series, Pochi from "Welcome to the Space Show")
Kanae Itou (Amu Hinamori and Dia from "Shugo Chara!", Sanae Nagatsuki from "Squid Girl")
Aki Toyosaki (Su from "Shugo Chara!", Yui Hirasawa from "K-ON!")

Musical Guests:
Joe Hisaishi (music composer of several of Studio Ghibli's films, as well as the related game "Ninokuni")
Buono! (did songs for "Shugo Chara!" but are still singing after the show ended)
Yoko Shimomura (music composer for "Kingdom Hearts" games)

Other Guests:
Aimee Major Steinberger (creator of “Japan Ai: A Tall Girl’s Adventures in Japan" graphic novel, also cosplays and works on "Futurama". Click here for her website to learn more.)
Joe Doughrity (creator (?) of "Seven Days in Japan" documentary and "Akira's Hip Hop Shop" movie)
Isaac "Aka-san" Lew (formerly of Pop Japan Travel tours and featured on Mr. Doughrity's "Seven Days in Japan" and "Akira's Hip Hop Shop", now working for Intermixi tours)
Roland Kelts (creator of "Japanamerica"...I didn't get to see him this year.)

#24 The Otakutopian

The Otakutopian

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 02:12 AM

Oh and a few more...

Eri Sendai (Kourin from "The Story of Saiunkoku", Triela from "Gunslinger Girl")

Perfume (had songs featured on "American Dad" and "Cars 2")
Yuki Kajiura (music composer of "Tsubasa Chronicle" and ".hack//SIGN")

#25 MasterPyro

MasterPyro

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 02:19 AM

I'd really like to see Haruki Murakami show up as a guest. It would be nice to see an author with so much influence in bridging cultures. Not only are most of his works translated into many languages, but he has translated many classic literary works from English to Japanese. I feel he'd be a great fit into a convention boasting the celebration of all facets of Asian pop culture (instead of the usual bulk of voice actors and directors/producers of anime).

That said, I have to say both Johnny Yong Bosch and his band Eyeshine were great this year. The Durarara!! panel was excellent, and I caught a couple Eyeshine songs Thursday afternoon after I picked up my badge. Having JYB and/or Eyeshine return would be great.

But yea, Haruki Murakami! That would be a panel/autograph I definitely would not miss out on!

Edited by MasterPyro, 02 August 2011 - 02:19 AM.

Annual Otakon attendee since 2005 <3

#26 animemental1

animemental1

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:06 AM

Ah, I forgot to add Supercell, Joel McDonald, & Brina Palencia to my list.

Edit: I also second Kari Wahlgren & Yuki Kaijura.

Edited by animemental1, 02 August 2011 - 08:10 AM.

#27 Micalas

Micalas

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 11:07 AM

Bring back Lisa Ortiz and Tom Wayland. They were awesome. :P Especially Lisa, she was so nice and down to Earth.

...But y'all should really try getting:

-Charles Martinet (He is my hero... :D)
-Crush 40
-Ryan Drummond
-Grant Kirkhope
-Dan Green

Oh God, they were hilarious. I went to the "Getting into Voice Acting" panel and Lisa was late due to an incorrect panel schedule. She called Tom on his cellphone and we could kind of hear what she was saying. We was saying everything he was saying to her into the mic.

Tom: The panel started a half hour ago
Lisa: *mumbles over the phone*
Tom: Yes, I'm f-ing serious!

Edited by Micalas, 02 August 2011 - 11:08 AM.

#28 KyoKyo

KyoKyo

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 12:51 PM

@animefanatic6290 - I know most of the (North American) Voice Artists you've mentioned have appeared at Otakon at least once, except (I think) Eric Vale, Chris Carson, and Kyle Hebert. Though any of the ones you've listed would be nice to have, even if they have appeared before. :blink:

Second Nana Mizuki since she's both a great seiyuu and singer (check out "Shugo Chara!" for an example of both).

Other Suggestions:

Voice Artists:

Wendee Lee (Faye Valentine from "Cowboy Bebop", Haruhi from "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya", Konata Izumi from "Lucky Star", and Yoruichi, Ururu, and others from "Bleach")
Kari Wahlgren (Kagami from "Lucky Star", Fuu from "Samurai Champloo", Celty from "Durarara")
Karen Strassman (Miyuki from "Lucky Star", Soi Fon and Momo Hinamori from "Bleach", Kallen from "Code Geass")
Laura Bailey (Sana Kurata from "Kodocha", Tohru Honda from "Fruits Basket", Lust from both "Fullmetal Alchemist" series, Serah from "Final Fantasy XIII")
Trina Nishimura (Mari Makinami Illustrious from "Evangelion 2.22: You Can (Not) Advance", Lan Fan from "Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood")
Kate Oxley (Momo Adachi from "Peach Girl", Makie Sasaki from "Negima!")
Sam Riegel (Minoru Shiraishi from "Lucky Star", Flynn from "Tales of Vesperia" (the game at least), Allegretto from "Eternal Sonata", Donatello from "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles")
Eden Riegel (Lady Rurichiyo from "Bleach", Yuna from the "Stitch!" anime, Nanami Ota from the "Iron Man" anime on G4, Hitomi from "Dead or Alive: Dimensions"....She's also Sam Riegel's sister and is a star on "The Young and the Restless".)
Hynden Walch (Starfire from "Teen Titans", Amy Stapleton from "IGPX", Yutaka Kobayakawa from "Lucky Star", Young Nia from "Gurren Lagann", Princess Bubblegum from "Adventure Time")
Brittney Karbowski (Ayu Tsukimiya from "Kanon", Selim Bradley from "Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood")
Troy Baker (Yuri Lowell from "Tales of Vesperia", the second Greed from "Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood", Snow from "Final Fantasy XIII")

...and, if Funimation manages to get the rights to "Sailor Moon" between now and then, as many of the show's new dub's voice artists as possible. (I can dream, can't I?) Since last year had most of the "Hetalia" cast, and this year had the main "K-ON!" cast.

Japanese Seiyuu:
Megumi Hayashibara (Lina Inverse from "Slayers", Faye Valentine from "Cowboy Bebop", and even Hello Kitty herself) (also a legendary singer and can double as a musical guest)
Keiji Fujiwara (Axel and Lea from "Kingdom Hearts" games, Maes Hughes from both "Fullmetal Alchemist" series, Pochi from "Welcome to the Space Show")
Kanae Itou (Amu Hinamori and Dia from "Shugo Chara!", Sanae Nagatsuki from "Squid Girl")
Aki Toyosaki (Su from "Shugo Chara!", Yui Hirasawa from "K-ON!")

Musical Guests:
Joe Hisaishi (music composer of several of Studio Ghibli's films, as well as the related game "Ninokuni")
Buono! (did songs for "Shugo Chara!" but are still singing after the show ended)
Yoko Shimomura (music composer for "Kingdom Hearts" games)

Other Guests:
Aimee Major Steinberger (creator of “Japan Ai: A Tall Girl’s Adventures in Japan" graphic novel, also cosplays and works on "Futurama". Click here for her website to learn more.)
Joe Doughrity (creator (?) of "Seven Days in Japan" documentary and "Akira's Hip Hop Shop" movie)
Isaac "Aka-san" Lew (formerly of Pop Japan Travel tours and featured on Mr. Doughrity's "Seven Days in Japan" and "Akira's Hip Hop Shop", now working for Intermixi tours)
Roland Kelts (creator of "Japanamerica"...I didn't get to see him this year.)

Sounds like Anime USA should be your next con lol. Wendee Lee and Laura Bailey will BOTH be there :D

"I've been playing with Leah Clark's wenis all weekend"- Chris Rager

Convention Tally
AnimeNEXT 2006
Tekkoshocon 2007
Otakon 2004,2005,2006,2007,2008,2009,2010,2011,2012
NekoCon 2010, 2011

Otakon 2014: The Emperor's Royal Guard, Return of the Jedi. (again)

#29 Otaku Ru

Otaku Ru

Fly Away, Now.

• Veteran Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 12:52 PM

Eric Vale, Chris Sabat, and a gaming-related guest would pretty much satisfy me. :blink:

panty-and-stocking-4.jpg

Otakon 2012: Moar Hype | Otakon 2011: This Moment

Facebook | Soundcloud

[John Bachman, Member '07, '09-'12]

#30 ImmortalDarknyss

ImmortalDarknyss

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 02:05 PM

I basically have the same few difficult-if-not-impossible requests as last year. XD

manga-ka: Hiromu Arakawa, Kaori Yuki
seiyuu: Romi Park
voice actor: Vic Mignogna

musical: T.M.Revolution or abingdon boys school, whichever works better for Nishikawa-san. ^__^

#31 Super_Luigi

Super_Luigi

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 05:08 PM

I'd love to have Buono! or ℃-ute as a guest, or just about any Hello! Project act really (hold off on S/mileage though, maybe in a couple of years). Buono! would be the most ideal, since they have a strong foothold in the anime industry due to almost all of their singles being anime themes. Plus they're my favorite :mellow:

If you need to have an American act, Crush 40 would be amazing.

This is probably close to impossible, but having Shigeru Miyamoto as a guest would make my freaking life. Seriously. On the smaller scale, though, someone like Charles Martinet would whet my Mario appetite plenty.

#32 kungasi

kungasi

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 05:26 PM

i'd love it if the guys at otakon could get DJ Sisen to make an appearance

since most people probably wont know who he is heres all the info there is about him (thats in english and isnt a machine translation that makes no sense)

if getting Sisen himself is not possible, see if Seileen (a two person band that consists of Sisen and Selia)

Edited by kungasi, 02 August 2011 - 05:27 PM.

#33 itachiromeep

itachiromeep

Otaku In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 07:46 PM

Soil and Pimp Sessions. Get them and I'd worship all forever.

Other than that, Crush 40 would be cool. I'd request Crispin Freeman but he's been here in less than five years.

K.K Slider - The Original Vocaloid

---------------

Possible Otakon 2014 Costumes/Outfits
Hilla - Maplestory

Angelic Buster - Maplestory
---
Shironuri

#34 animemental1

animemental1

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:06 PM

Two more requests. Luci Christian [VA] & Anamanaguchi [Band].

I also second Soil & Pimp Sessions & Akiyuki Shinbo.

#35 WritingOtaku

WritingOtaku

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 09:44 PM

I'm going to just request the That Anime Show podcast featuring Mr. Tatum, an Otakon favorite, Terri Doty, an ADR director with Funimation, and Stephen Hoff, an ADR engineer with the same company. They are all completely hilarious and awesome ^^

#36 The Otakutopian

The Otakutopian

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 11:35 PM

Two more requests. Luci Christian [VA] & Anamanaguchi [Band].

I also second Soil & Pimp Sessions & Akiyuki Shinbo.

I didn't know Anamanaguchi would also count. I loved their soundtrack to the "Scott Pilgrim" game. I'd like to see them too. Especially since their way of using video-game-style music would be something different for the performances.

And even, though online guest probably wouldn't count, it would be interesting to see:

The "Anime TV" cast (At least the other regulars 'cause I'm not sure if either Mr. Johnny Yong Bosch or Ms. Christina Vee still appear on it. The cast members could probably do some filming at the con like they did with Anime Expo this year.)

Doug Walker (A.K.A. The Nostalgia Critic) (Probably not gonna happen. But he said that he appeared at other anime cons this past year, so I thought if he should appear at this one too. Plus, he reviewed the first "Pokemon" movie and "Little Nemo: Adventures in Slumberland". An idea for a show/panel would have him do a late night rant on another anime he might've seen as a kid. Of course, he might wanna check it out in advance first. Kinda reminiscence of the days of "Mystery Anime Theater 3000". Just a thought.)

Also, I forgot to mention that since Aimee Major Steinberger is an award winning cosplayer, she might be a judge for one of the con's cosplay contests. Or at least have her in a panel discussing her experiences with either cosplaying or going to Japan. (The Japan one can also have Mr. Doughrity and Aka-san, if they come too.) Just another thought.

Edited by The Otakutopian, 02 August 2011 - 11:37 PM.

#37 Adv1sor

Adv1sor

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 02:31 PM

X2

Have you seen his show on Crunchyroll? I'm hoping for a second season.

#38 viga

viga

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 03:02 PM

Mamoru Hosoda - Director of Summer Wars, Girl who leapt through Time and some Digimon movies and episodes
Paku Romi - voice actress

#39 Reiia

Reiia

Otaku In Training

• Otakon Staff
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 05:40 PM

Would love to see Danny Choo come to the east coast as a guest! I know AX got him this year :)

Calvin Lee

Roaming Information Desk

Attendee 2002-2010

Gofer #202 2011-2012

Staff 2013

#40 alabaster

alabaster

Grand Vizier

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,604 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 05:41 PM

Mamoru Hosoda - Director of Summer Wars, Girl who leapt through Time and some Digimon movies and episodes
Paku Romi - voice actress

I'll confirm that we've had Romi Paku on our list for a long time, and twice she had to cancel just before we announced due to work conflicts. She's a busy gal, but she does WANT to come.

And we have a standing request in for Momoru Hosoda the moment he becomes available. I think we've got a better shot than most, but it'll depend on when he's got a convenient break in making awesome stuff...

Jim Vowles
Director of Guests & Industry Relations (Otakon & Otakon Vegas)

Previously:
Chair, Otakon Music Festival (2012), Programming Division Head (2012)
Special Projects Coordinator (2011-2012), Relations Section Chief (2007-2010)

Con Chair Emeritus (Otakon 2006), Vice Chair (2005)
President (2006), Vice President (2005)

Member-at-Large (2004, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013)

Grand Vizier of the Ota-Net (& former gofer #12)

#41 rpgmaster2378

rpgmaster2378

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 06:45 PM

Here are my guest requests/thoughts:

Creator of Great Teacher Onizuka Tohru Fujisawa

Japanese videogame music composer/director Shoji Meguro

It's also been a while since we've had Canadian Voice Actors/Actresses at Otakon. Where's the Canadian VA love? How about such talented/wonderful Canadian VAs like Kirby Morrow, Kelly Sheridan, Ted Cole, Mark Hildreth, Cathy Weseluck, Lisa Ann Beley, Matt Hill and Sam Vincent. They may not be in as much dubs/series today then say, 5-8 years ago, but their contributions to the anime fandom then/now is still as vital/significant, along with their work in other forms (like live action TV, American cartoons, etc.)

Proud to have attended Otakon since 2005!

My Otakon hotel history: Mt. Vernon (2005), Radisson (2006-08), Holiday Inn (2009-13).

See what conventions I'll be at next

#42 onsta

onsta

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 09:38 PM

I definitely second Tohru Fujisawa! GTO's my favorite manga, and if he came here ... tears of joy. Tears of joy everywhere.

(Especially if you guys managed to get DJ Ozma/Kishidan as well. Show Ayanocozey/DJ Ozma bears a lot of similarities to the Great Teacher himself...)

#43 Digital

Digital

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 10:30 PM

My list is probably impossible, but..., here it goes!

Seiyuu
- Minagawa Junko - Voice of Ryoma Echizen from Prince of Tennis, Ritsuka Aoyagi from Loveless, Ayaka Yukihiro from Negima
- Kaida Yuki - Shusuke Fuji from Prince of Tennis, Kurapika from HunterxHunter, China from Hetalia
- Okiayu Ryoutaro - Kunimitsu Tezuka from Prince of Tennis, Byakuya from Bleach, Mitsui Hisashi from Slam Dunk
- Takahashi Hiroki - Eiji Kikumaru from Prince of Tennis, Japan from Hetalia, Impmon from Digimon Tamers, Kenji Harima from School Rumble
- Sakamoto Maaya - Hitomi Kanzaki from The Vision of Escaflowne, Ciel Phantomhive from Black Butler, Haruhi Fujioka from OHSHC

Musical Guests
- Seremedy
- Versailles
- Satsuki (ex. Rentrer en Soi)
- Nightmare
- SID
- Gackt
- Kimeru
- The GazettE
- Lc5 (Miku from An Cafe's new band)
- Berryz Koubou
- Maternou Opera
- Dolly
- Alice Nine

Directors
- Mamoru Hosoda - directed The Girl Who Leapt Though Time, Summer Wars, and a lot of Digimon stuff

#44 Bl2w

Bl2w

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 09:47 AM

Would love to see Danny Choo come to the east coast as a guest! I know AX got him this year :(

Actually, it looks like Danny might want to come. As you can see in his article from this link here, he finally seems to recognize Otakon~ :P

#45 The Otakutopian

The Otakutopian

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 05:51 PM

Here are my guest requests/thoughts:

Creator of Great Teacher Onizuka Tohru Fujisawa

Japanese videogame music composer/director Shoji Meguro

It's also been a while since we've had Canadian Voice Actors/Actresses at Otakon. Where's the Canadian VA love? How about such talented/wonderful Canadian VAs like Kirby Morrow, Kelly Sheridan, Ted Cole, Mark Hildreth, Cathy Weseluck, Lisa Ann Beley, Matt Hill and Sam Vincent. They may not be in as much dubs/series today then say, 5-8 years ago, but their contributions to the anime fandom then/now is still as vital/significant, along with their work in other forms (like live action TV, American cartoons, etc.)

Yeah, I would like to see some more of those voice artists too. Especially:

Kelly Sheridan - Sango from "Inuyasha", Shuurei Kou from "The Story of Saiunkoku", Hitomi Kanzaki from "Escaflowne"
Brad Swaile - Light Yagami from "Death Note", Kyosuke Date from "Soul Taker" and "Nurse Witch Komugi", Amuro Ray from "Mobile Suit Gundam", Ryuuki Shi from "The Story of Saiunkoku"

But I guess Canada really hasn't done as many anime lately, besides "Death Note" and "The Story of Saiunkoku". Although some have been made in Canada but never released in the US ("Powerpuff Girls Z" and "Pretty Cure" for example).

Also, I can agree Danny Choo of "Culture Japan" might be another good choice. I've only seen the first episode so far. But I'll try to see the rest later on.

#46 NightForever

NightForever

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 07:46 PM

Charles Martinet
Dan Green
Crispin Freeman
Michelle Ruff
Steve Blum

and Kyle Herbert.

They are all people I'd definitely like to meet. ^__^

Also Gackt, but that's probably not likely? ;)

#47 NightForever

NightForever

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 07:53 PM

Edit: Um I don't know how I double posted but I don't know how to delete it either. ^^; Can someone delete this for me?

Edited by NightForever, 04 August 2011 - 07:54 PM.

#48 SilverMiko

SilverMiko

young lady

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 02:31 PM

Look if we have to bribe her with stuffed bunnies and Tuxedo Kamen cosplay harem- Takeuchi Naoko. Esp with the Sailor Moon re-release.

Tom Wayland & Lisa Ortiz (me biased? Lies!!)

Hayashibara Megumi.

Unicorn Table/Salia

James Vowles Jr. Yea, I said it. What now, alabaster, what now?!! You're getting to guest status pretty quick! We could even fly your twin out.

Lauren Gallo

Otakon 2014 Virtual Info Desk Head
Otakon 2012-2013 Operations Division Head

Otakon 2011 Con Ops Dept Head
Otakorp 2011 Board of Directors- Recording Secretary
Otakon 2010 Con Ops Dept Head
Otakon 2006-2009 Exhibitions Staff
Otakon BBS moderator

#49 QuinnTheSpazz

QuinnTheSpazz

Otaku In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 06:36 PM

I basically have the same few difficult-if-not-impossible requests as last year. XD

manga-ka: Kaori Yuki

Like you said, difficult-if-not-impossible, but that would pretty much make my day. No, my life. Especially since my cosplay group is planning on doing Fairy Cube.

Am I expecting that to happen: No. But Eh, I can dream.

Edited by QuinnTheSpazz, 06 August 2011 - 06:39 PM.

Otakon 2014 cosplay plan(s) (as of now): (yes I know it's early but I don't care!)

Friday: Tsukitachi from Karneval
Saturday: Kaito Jeanne from Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne (gonna have a Kaito Sinbad and possible Noin Claude with me!)
Sunday: Ayato Naoi from Angel Beats (Possibly with an Otonashi and/or a Yui!)

#50 Sephiroth's Angel

Sephiroth's Angel

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 06:58 PM

I say...for the love of GAWD...invite a certain someone who has never been to an anime con before. Like oh say...GEORGE NEWBERN!!!

Don't know who that is? WHy he is the voice actor of my go-I mean....favorite sexy villian of all time

SEPHIROTH!!!

But besides Sephiroth, he also did Meyvn Nooj in Final Fnatasy X-2, his other espected roles as Sephiroth in the Final Fantasy games and movies, has had alot of maybe minor roles in big time movies, but why not invite Sephiroth!? He's never been before....and I would kill for his autograph <3 <3 <3.

And as the musical guest.....did I hear correct when you guys got AAA to come to OTakon one year!? Blasphemy on you, I love AAA and at the time, had no idea where Otakon was, so I couldn't go. If you could, invite them back pretty please!

But if not that musical act, why not the Japanese rock group 'D'. They were at A-kon this past year, and it was their first time to the States. They were amazed at the response they got at the Friday night concert, and they loved being at the con! How about inviting these first timers back to America once again. I'm sure they'd love it. Getting their autographs was so amazing!...Twice I might add. And hey if A_kon can afford them, i'm sure Otakon can.
Signature removed for being too long. Please read the BBS Guidelines.