Photo

What were your figure purchases this year?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 Pinecone

Pinecone

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 04:58 PM

For those of us that love taking home a variety of figures, what were some of your best purchases this year? Did you score any great deals? Rare finds? What was your budget? Pictures are always great too!

{On a sidenote! It has come to my attention, after collecting some of the Ghost in the Shell figures from the Bandai industry panel that I am missing the bent over Motoko Kusanagi that finished the Laughing Man symbol. If any members or staff have received the figure I am looking for and may not be very attached to it, I would greatly appreciate an exchange. I have an extra Batou on hand, or I am willing to Paypal $10 for shipping and appreciation. After putting the sets together I was heartbroken to find out a chunk was missing along with a favorite character. Please contact me via PM here, and I will get back to you as soon as I can. Thank you!}

Gina [Mailbox]
---------------------
2010, 2011 2012; 2013: Access Control
2014; Cosplay Coordination

#2 orcmonkey2000

orcmonkey2000

Otaku In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 05:13 PM

As mentioned in a few other threads, I found a Kotobukiya 9" Tokiha Mai figure for $30, which was a steal for me since 1) I didn't expect to have enough money in my budget to find any good figures, and this one is incredibly detailed and high-quality, and 2) it was the only piece of Mai-HiME merch I found other than an old DVD-release poster which didn't look all that awesome. Other than that, I got the set of figures they gave out at the Bandai After Dark panel, which was awesome even though I haven't seen much of GiTS.

Also, sorry to hear you missed the Motoko figure. I wish you luck in finding a replacement!

#3 onsenmark

onsenmark

Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 06:53 PM

I picked up the CycloneJoker Kamen Rider Double and Violent Emotion Kamen Rider Decade SHFiguarts figures for my collection.

If there was a Kamen Rider Accel, I could die happy.

Although, I really would like to get Kiva Emperor Form next.

Give me cheese to go with my whine.

Thinking about Otakon 2014:

Franken Stein - Soul Eater(Saturday afternoon/evening only)

#4 Eddie 2

Eddie 2

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 09:39 PM

DBZ figures. Raditz, Gohan, and Yamcha.
Otakon attendee since 2004

#5 Dostovei Illuminas

Dostovei Illuminas

Seasoned Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 09:56 PM

I bought the Master Grade Epyon, it looks exquisite. Can't wait to put it together. And then I found an unboxed but otherwise complete toy of the Ideon, couldn't resist grabbing that. I'll have to be very careful with it though, wouldn't want it to get destroyed...
Faster than a berserking EVA-01, more powerful than a Psyco Gundam Mark II, able to leap Zentraedi battlecruisers in a single bound, I am a Mechaboy!

The general rule about people seems to be Attractive, Interested, Mentally Stable, Single: Choose two.

<JtotheD> do you even know what mecca is
<Loopy1> yea
<Loopy1> a robot that people fight in

#6 SgtAceVampire20

SgtAceVampire20

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 10:03 PM

I got the entire FFXIII Trading Arts Vol. 1 Collection and another Lightning from a single box of FFXIII Trading Arts Vol. 1, a Rei and Asuka Plug Suit figure for $28 a piece.
Otakon Member 2008, 2010-2011
AUSA Member 2006-2009
Katsucon Member 2007-2011 (4 yrs) Damn...

#7 KyoKyo

KyoKyo

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 10:18 PM

I bought the 5-piece Claymore mini-figure set that Anime Sekai was selling for $35.00. I've seen the individual figures at other cons and they're a pain to find together so I was pleased to see that Sekai put them all together in one well-priced set.

"I've been playing with Leah Clark's wenis all weekend"- Chris Rager

Convention Tally
AnimeNEXT 2006
Tekkoshocon 2007
Otakon 2004,2005,2006,2007,2008,2009,2010,2011,2012
NekoCon 2010, 2011

NekoCon 2014: The Emperor's Royal Guard, Return of the Jedi. 

#8 Otaku Ru

Otaku Ru

Disciplinary Committee Chair

• Veteran Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,721 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 10:25 PM

Nedoroid 129 Hatsune Miku Orchestra, Gurren Lagann R-Style #02, Haruhi R-Style #06, K-ON! R-Style #01 & 02, and Miyuki from the Lucky Star X Street Fighter series.

gama2014_zps45cead10.jpg

Facebook | Soundcloud

[John B., Member '07, '09-'12, '14]

Fanvideos:  2014 | 2012 | 2011

#9 Pinecone

Pinecone

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 11:13 PM

Miyuki from the Lucky Star X Street Fighter series.

I saw this set for $45, but only wanted the Miyuki, unfortunately I didn't see one single.

Gina [Mailbox]
---------------------
2010, 2011 2012; 2013: Access Control
2014; Cosplay Coordination

#10 Tachibana

Tachibana

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 11:24 PM

I got myself a Taki figurine from the "Namco Girls" line, a Masamune Date Revoltech, and a Tachikoma that came with a mini Motoko.

Sorry to hear that you didn't get that figure Pinecone, it looked pretty cool. Good luck finding it!

#11 Otaku Ru

Otaku Ru

Disciplinary Committee Chair

• Veteran Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,721 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 04:01 AM

Miyuki from the Lucky Star X Street Fighter series.

I saw this set for $45, but only wanted the Miyuki, unfortunately I didn't see one single.

Did you see the large booth near the wall opposite the entrance with the myriad of figures in rather tall, clear plastic cases? They were near VideoGamesNewYork, I believe. They usually have the whole set, and it's $12 for each individual character.

gama2014_zps45cead10.jpg

Facebook | Soundcloud

[John B., Member '07, '09-'12, '14]

Fanvideos:  2014 | 2012 | 2011

#12 Xactregar

Xactregar

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 03:40 PM

I picked up a Comic-Con Megaman X figure. I don't spend money on action figures usually, but this is the first time that a decent Megaman X figure has been manufactured; D Arts did a wonderful job on them. I'm excited for Zero and the X1 armor release, though it's obvious that they're going to get as much out of this line as possible.

There was so many awesome toys at the Bluefin booth, though!

#13 ebichu

ebichu

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 05:54 PM

I picked up 6 Figmas and some other random figures. I was a bit disappointed I didn't find some of the Figmas/Revoltechs I really wanted but I kind of expect that. I was surprised at how much of a price difference there was between tables but I've learned to barter a bit. I managed to get 4 Figmas from one dealer and asked if they'd cut me a bargain since I was buying 4. To my surprise, they gave me a $40 deal and basically only charged me for 3 of them!
There was a guy killed on my street and the outline is still there...we could play hopscotch?! - - Creepy Suzie

#14 cards344

cards344

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 05:13 AM

I got a Kurumu Kurono from Rosario+Vampire and Isara from Valkyria Chronicles miniatures for about $20 each.

This next test applies the principles of momentum to movement through portals. If the laws of physics no longer apply in the future, Gold help you.
-Prerecorded Message in Portal 2

Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/cards344

Deviantart Page: http://cards344.deviantart.com/