Photo

Baltimore Hilton anyone?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
75 replies to this topic

#1 aliruth1

aliruth1

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 08:39 PM

So who's all staying at the Baltimore Hilton for Otakon 2012? I've already got my reservations!

Let's find out and talk!

Otakon 2013
Thursday: Bittersweet Lolita
Friday: Galatea from Claymore
Saturday: Galatea from Claymore
Sunday:  Yachiru from Bleach

Message me if you have any photos of a Maka or Zatsune from Otakon 2012. That might be me!
Thanks!

#2 Sayomi

Sayomi

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 10:49 AM

My group will be.

#3 evaunit01berserk

evaunit01berserk

Want to make a contract?

• Veteran Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,687 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 04:30 PM

Not I. Waiting for 45 minutes while people screamed bloody murder on our floor them proceeded to have a door party is not worth the extra 60 bucks a night which also charges high prices for internet, extreme parking prices and other hotel amenities lacking that a hotel of that Tier would. after two years of using it....never again.
Looking for a room? We can find one for you.
https://docs.google....1o1ZUE6MQ#gid=0

#4 youjik33

youjik33

Seasoned Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 01:44 PM

You can potentially get loud annoying people on your floor in any hotel though... (also, I haven't parked in hotel garages in a few years, when there are cheaper ones not affiliated with hotels very close by.)

Otakon 2013 Cosplay Plans (tentative):

Enjolras (Les Miserables - stage version -- OR IS THAT "ARM JOE" VERSION)

Tsuritama not-really-a-cosplay cosplay (Hemingway store employee apron, with incorrect hair to actually be Misaki this time)

#5 totalanimefan

totalanimefan

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 147 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 04:53 PM

I don't stay there, I always stay at the Mt Vernon, it's a little bit of a walk, but I really don't mind. I like the hotel and it's cheap Posted Image (Oh and there's free internet and breakfest!)

Edited by totalanimefan, 28 November 2011 - 04:53 PM.

Counting down the days until Otakon~

#6 Adv1sor

Adv1sor

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 06:32 PM

The walkway is golden. But so are the prices. Days Inn for me this year!

#7 KSweeley

KSweeley

Otakon Staff since 2010, Otakon Attendee since 2001.

• Otakon Staff
  • 2,315 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 09:10 PM

I'm planning on staying at the Hilton Baltimore this year since it's very convenient being able to access the BCC via the enclosed walkway.

Kun Sun Sweeley (KSweeley) | Otakorp, Inc. Voting Member 2010-14 | Otakon 2014 Staff - ???? Divison - ???? Department | Otakon 2013 Staff - Member Relations (formerly Member Services) Division - General Staff Department, Otakon 2011-2012 Staff - Programming Division - Otachan Department, Otakon 2010 Staff - Staff Relations Division - Staff Pool Department | (former Gofer 2004, TCG 2005-06, 2008, Tier 2: 2009 #403) | Otakon 2001-2013 Attendee | Chat with me on AIM: WeezingPok | Add Me On Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ksweeley/ | Add Me As a Friend on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ksweeley

#8 MaliceAlice

MaliceAlice

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 10:42 PM

We have been doing the Residence Inn for the past 2 years and loved it but the walk killed us last year. We had two people get sick and since no one wanted to walk alone all the way to the con we had one come to the con feeling a bit sick before her pills set in and the other staying in the hotel Saturday evening.

So we decided that staying at the Hilton was a great way to prevent this. Someone who was feeling ill could stay in the hotel for an hour waiting for the meds to kick in and then come down alone without having to worry about walking about 10 minutes on the streets without a group.

Even though it's unlikely for something to happen we believe it's better safe than sorry so having the covered skywalk is really important to us. I just hope I love it just as much as I loved the Residence. <3

#9 Sayomi

Sayomi

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 12:56 AM

I have a reservation there for my group for next year as well. Can't really speak the amenities but for pure convenience it seams the best.

#10 KSweeley

KSweeley

• Otakon Staff
  • 2,315 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:46 AM

I have a reservation there for my group for next year as well. Can't really speak the amenities but for pure convenience it seams the best.

The Hilton Baltimore's accommodations/amenities were awesome for Otakon 2011 for me, they actually tweeted about Otakon a couple of days before Otakon 2011: https://twitter.com/#!/HiltonBaltimore/status/95877078905389056 and I tweeted: https://twitter.com/#!/KSweeley/status/96531791384543232 and surprisingly enough to me, they actually mentioned me and replied to my Tweet basically welcoming me: https://twitter.com/#!/HiltonBaltimore/status/96627403476054017 and I sent a direct message to them stating:

KSweeley
This is a very nice hotel, thank you for hosting Otakon, so far I have had a very pleasant experience with your hotel.
29 Jul at 01:55

And they replied with:

HiltonBaltimore
Head down to the front desk; we have something waiting there for you!
29 Jul at 08:30

What they had for me was a card thanking me for my Tweet and a chocolate bar which was really awesome and I sent this DM to them when I checked out:

KSweeley
Checking out now, had an extremely pleasant experience, thank you for hosting Otakon, hope for another pleasant experience for Otakon 2012.
1 Aug at 11:09

The Hilton Baltimore is a pretty awesome hotel for me and the beds are pretty comfortable to me. I hope I can get a room at the Hilton Baltimore for Otakon 2012.

Kun Sun Sweeley (KSweeley) | Otakorp, Inc. Voting Member 2010-14 | Otakon 2014 Staff - ???? Divison - ???? Department | Otakon 2013 Staff - Member Relations (formerly Member Services) Division - General Staff Department, Otakon 2011-2012 Staff - Programming Division - Otachan Department, Otakon 2010 Staff - Staff Relations Division - Staff Pool Department | (former Gofer 2004, TCG 2005-06, 2008, Tier 2: 2009 #403) | Otakon 2001-2013 Attendee | Chat with me on AIM: WeezingPok | Add Me On Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ksweeley/ | Add Me As a Friend on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ksweeley

#11 Katzestrophic

Katzestrophic

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 12:39 AM

The Hilton isn't worth it for me. I've stayed there before and the only plus is the Skywalk in my opinion. The lack of a fridge, microwave, and free internet is a huge factor in what keeps me from staying. And as others have mentioned, the obnoxious wait for elevators...

Anyway, I've had better luck at the Holiday Inn. Pretty quiet last year. The elevators were only busy on Sunday (which is to be expected,) the fridge saved us about $50 in food costs, and the beds (really any surface after 14+ hours of walking...) were extremely comfortable.

Now the only reason I'd stay at the Hilton, despite the reasons I mentioned, would be if there was another heat wave. :( That was just awful last year.
~2012 Con Season~
☆ Otakon 3rd Year
☆ Youmacon 3rd Year

Cosplay Plans:
Hetalia - America, Germany
Okami - Amaterasu (Human)

#12 onsenmark

onsenmark

Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 11:17 AM

Holiday Inn FTW; I've stayed there since my first Otakon in '09, and I've never had any problems. :D I don't think I'd stay anyplace else. But that's just me.

Give me cheese to go with my whine.

Thinking about Otakon 2013:

Franken Stein - Soul Eater

#13 Micalas

Micalas

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 12:41 PM

I'm staying there. I just booked today. My friend and I are splitting the bill. It's so damn expensive...

#14 nonoririko

nonoririko

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 09:26 AM

Hey, this will be my first otakon. Me and two friends booked at the radisson due to cheaper hotels being snatched up. Can someone who has stayed there tell me about it.

#15 Micalas

Micalas

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 02:02 PM

Hey, this will be my first otakon. Me and two friends booked at the radisson due to cheaper hotels being snatched up. Can someone who has stayed there tell me about it.

I haven't stayed there but the only thing you really need to know about it is that it is physically attached to the convention center.

> Leave room
> Enter convention
> Press button
> Receive bacon

#16 Otaku Ru

Otaku Ru

Fly Away, Now.

• Veteran Members
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 05:55 PM

Days Inn, ftw. God forbid you save yourself $70/night and walk outside for a minute and a half each way.

panty-and-stocking-4.jpg

Otakon 2012: Moar Hype | Otakon 2011: This Moment

Facebook | Soundcloud

[John Bachman, Member '07, '09-'12]

#17 Micalas

Micalas

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 11:41 PM

Days Inn, ftw. God forbid you save yourself $70/night and walk outside for a minute and a half each way.

My friend and I have costumes that will include 3 piece suits. I want the straight air conditioned option. Plus I'm rather conservative with my money. For special occasions I tune myself into the hedonist mindset though. Besides, I'm splitting the bill with my aforementioned friend.

#18 i<3animecosplay

i<3animecosplay

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 04:18 PM

Yeah I booked the Sheraton. Def trying to save that money to spend on things I want during Otakon!!!! Not to mention its only half a mile from the BCC. Not too shabby I think!

OTAKON 2013 COSPLAYS

Perona--One Piece

Anko--Naruto

#19 evaunit01berserk

evaunit01berserk

Want to make a contract?

• Veteran Members
  • 2,687 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 10:44 PM

My friend and I have costumes that will include 3 piece suits. I want the straight air conditioned option. Plus I'm rather conservative with my money. For special occasions I tune myself into the hedonist mindset though. Besides, I'm splitting the bill with my aforementioned friend.

Heh....that skywalk is not to well air conditioned...then the walk up the stairs.....
Eh but people will learn, the hilton is gouging the hell out of people for a lower quality of service just because of that sky walk

#20 Revengel

Revengel

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 11:21 AM

Great spot if you can snag it.

*represses bitterness*
Been to every Otakon since 1997 and counting...

#21 toujourspret

toujourspret

Otaku

• Otakon Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 09:24 PM

I've stayed in pretty much every one of the major con hotels, and I've got to say that I quite liked the convenience of the Hilton. I prefer the Sheraton (Inner Harbor, not the former Wyndham), but the Hilton is a decent second. The air at Days was too damp for me--my things felt wet the whole time.

Elizabeth Hawkins

2012/2013: Department Head - Maid Cafe ♥!

2001 - 2003: Attendee; 2006 - 2008: Gofer/TCG #617; 2009: Treasury Staff; 2010: Registration Staff; 2011: Registration Staff/all over the place!

#22 Marajsky

Marajsky

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:12 PM

I stayed at almost every hotel in the last 5 years I've been going to the con. And the Hilton was a scam! My husband is a dibetic and is on insulin, The Hilton would NOT give us a fridge for his meds, unless we paid $75 for it!!??? Or they could hold his meds in the fridge in the office! (what aholes!!) Days Inn was a good stay, unless you count the time the wall came down and they was mold behind it!! They gave us another room, thank god! But last year we stayed at the Hyatt and it may be a bit more then the Days Inn, but it was well worth the extra $!!! We had a fridge in the room! Yes the internet was alot of $ (but we used our cell phones for that (personal hotspots). Also there is a skywalk going from the hotel to the con and the harbor. So I will never stay at the Hilton again!!

Edited by Marajsky, 16 December 2011 - 12:13 PM.

#23 djmaestro777

djmaestro777

Fresh Meat

• Otakon Gofers
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 03:01 PM

will also be staying at Radisson this year.
My group has stayed there with no problems. we actually like the walk to get there because of more food options in the area. the hotel is comfortable and relatively quiet.

David Henneforth
Gofer # 376 since '03

#24 KSweeley

KSweeley

• Otakon Staff
  • 2,315 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 06:40 PM

One nice thing about the Hilton to me is that it has TVs that you can hook up game consoles to and the Hilton has the TVs unlocked so you can switch between TV and input.

Here's some pictures I took of the input jacks the Hilton TVs have.

Posted Image

Posted Image

And even a USB In jack which is the first I've ever seen on a TV.

Posted Image

#25 sarahstrangex

sarahstrangex

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 08:28 PM

I stayed at the Hilton last year. As nice as it was, I probably won't stay there again. For 3 nights, it was $658.00 including tax. It was nice having my hotel be right next to the convention center, but way too expensive. I don't even spend that much time in the room. I'll just stick with a cheaper hotel.

"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." - Mel Brooks

Otakons attended: 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

#26 Irvette232

Irvette232

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 01:15 AM

We're doing the Hilton this year. We usually stay at the Holiday Inn Inner Harbor, but it was literally sold out in a matter of minutes of coming available Posted Image A shame because we always had such a postive experience there. Free internet and nice ammenities. Hoping the sheer conveinance of the Hilton will make up for its lacking ammenities and extra cost. You'd think a hotel of that "rating" would give you a damned in room fridge. They want 25 to rent one. And the parking is high. I'm thinking of skipping their garage and just using one of the public ones.

#27 Irvette232

Irvette232

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 01:25 AM

Great spot if you can snag it.

*represses bitterness*

Seriously... its been sold out since like 3 days after the dates were released. I really want to know how people managed to get rooms there. I'm going to keep my eyes for anyone looking to pass off a spare reservation at Holiday Inn. Because i'll drop this hilton reservation like a hot brick. The holiday inn was my first choice.

#28 SilverMiko

SilverMiko

young lady

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 01:37 PM

You guys can always try and keep checking for availability throughout the year. A lot of people jump the gun post con and end up cancelling, I have friends who attend who do this EVERY year with Days or Radisson.
As for how it gets sold out, people see the dates for next year and often just reserve rooms not even using the Otakon block or waiting for Otakon to put up passkey info.

Lauren Gallo

Otakon 2014 Virtual Info Desk Head
Otakon 2012-2013 Operations Division Head

Otakon 2011 Con Ops Dept Head
Otakorp 2011 Board of Directors- Recording Secretary
Otakon 2010 Con Ops Dept Head
Otakon 2006-2009 Exhibitions Staff
Otakon BBS moderator

#29 Sassadri

Sassadri

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 08:12 PM

I'm staying at the Hilton for the first time this year. Since I am bringing my younger daughter for her first con, we opted for less walking on the street. We usually stay at the Holiday Inn. Depending on how it goes, we may switch back next year.
Posted Image

Otakon 2005-2012

#30 lunastar

lunastar

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 02:34 PM

we were able to get in the days inn last year, which had the smallest rooms i've ever seen that are supposed to sleep 4 adults. so this year we are staying in the holiday inn, which i'm pretty psyched about.

for all the good i've heard about the hilton, i'm honestly too cheap to stay there... i'd rather walk a few blocks and save a few bucks ;)
i'm a tomato where ever i go ;)

#31 cards344

cards344

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 05:07 AM

I was going to, but the price is just high for me. This is going to be my first year without a group, because i am tired of my groups bullshit and want to enjoy my vacation. Im going to continue to stay atResidence Inn Baltimore BWI Airport, its only a 15 minute drive to the convention center and its cheap and comes with a hot breakfast.

This next test applies the principles of momentum to movement through portals. If the laws of physics no longer apply in the future, Gold help you.
-Prerecorded Message in Portal 2

Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/cards344

Deviantart Page: http://cards344.deviantart.com/

#32 obsidianmirage

obsidianmirage

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:40 PM

Since everyone is putting in their input...I'll be at Tremont a second year :)

They were super friendly to us and the 4 block walk back to the con isn't bad (took the bus down).

To me at least, it saves some money and Days Inn is always sold out.

#33 youjik33

youjik33

Seasoned Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 11:34 PM

I love the Days Inn, but it fills up so fast = (

Otakon 2013 Cosplay Plans (tentative):

Enjolras (Les Miserables - stage version -- OR IS THAT "ARM JOE" VERSION)

Tsuritama not-really-a-cosplay cosplay (Hemingway store employee apron, with incorrect hair to actually be Misaki this time)

#34 Tigress

Tigress

Otaku In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 06:47 AM

The Days Inn is probably the cheapest hotel of all the Passkey hotels for Otakon. It's also literally right across the street from the convention center.

I'm trying the Holiday Inn for the first time this year. Hopefully we won't have the insane triple-digit heat like we did last year!
Kat's Play -- Unrelated to Reality

I always wanted to be somebody, but I should've been more specific. -- Lily Tomlin

#35 Scorpion89

Scorpion89

Seasoned Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:08 PM

Hello All,

Just tolet you know there is anew hotel that just open up down at the other end of Pratt Street it's one of the Res End's yes it's not next to the BCCC but the free orange line bus has a stop right infront of it and they stop next to the BCCC. I highley suggest folks to heck out hotels over in Harbor East you an catch both the Free bus and the Harbor Taxi to the BCCC.

#36 flight815kitsune

flight815kitsune

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 04:35 PM

...may as well join in.

I just booked our room yesterday. We will be staying in the home2suites by Hilton. It's a bit of a walk, but since we were at the Mt. Vernon last year, it is a little closer. Plus it has a kitchen. We really missed having fridge/freezer chilled drinks after a long day at the con. We now know how the charm city buses work, and it'll even be on the same route. Here's to hoping that the reviews on tripadvisor stay positive. Posted Image

#37 TyphlosionDragon

TyphlosionDragon

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:30 PM

My group has a reservation for the Hilton but we're doing Holiday Inn this year. Price point mainly.If anyone needs/wants a Hilton reservation we'd be happy to transfer it over. Just shoot me a PM!

#38 Firemac

Firemac

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:47 PM

I'm waiting for someone to drop their reservation so ME AND MY FRIENDS CAN STAY AT THE HILTON.

=)

#39 Dave.A.H

Dave.A.H

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:23 PM

Stayed in the Hilton last year and shall be staying there again this year. Posted Image

#40 Kuripurin

Kuripurin

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:16 PM

Oh my, the Hilton gets so crazy and expensive (hung out in a friend's Hilton room) :( I'm staying at the Renaissance for the 4th year! Love this hotel, clean (if you don't use a blacklight :P), friendly staff, reasonable price, the mall is connected to it. Just wish they threw in a free breakfast though D:

Seizon Senryaku!

#41 MaryWesker

MaryWesker

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:00 AM

This is my third year going and I've stayed in a different hotel every time. XD I stayed at the Monaco in 2010 and loved it! Yeah, it's pricey but definitely worth it. I stayed at the Renaissance last year and it's my favorite so far. It was close (which was great since it was hot and my arthritis was flaring) but they're both a little too pricey this year, now that I'm going alone. I'm staying at the Fairfield Inn and Suites this year; so I hope it goes well! I got a great deal since I'll be there for five days (they cut the price of my stay in half! ^_^) Its a bit of a walk, but it's got free breakfast and I'm a Marriott rewards member so why not?

Otakon 2014

Meg 2.0 - Supernatural

Ruby 2.0 Supernatural
Mary Shepherd-Sunderland - Silent Hill 2
Alice Abernathy - Resident Evil Movie

Lilith (white dress) - Supernatural (tentative)

#42 ramenman64

ramenman64

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:11 PM

I'm gonna be at the Hilton again, and I can't wait :)

#43 jkid

jkid

Otaku In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 06:59 PM

This will be my third time at the Hilton for Otakon 2012. Although I will be only be using it as a place to sleep everytime the con closes and for storage from stuff from the dealers room.

#44 GasparAKAShiggitay

GasparAKAShiggitay

Otaku In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:55 AM

A friend coming up from Richmond has a Hilton room, so I might just do that vs staying with a friend down in Millersville. This'll be my first time in a Hilton anywhere should it happen, so it should be interesting.

#45 Bigdumbhippy

Bigdumbhippy

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:41 PM

got the hilton for $140 a night. Anybody having a party?

#46 evaunit01berserk

evaunit01berserk

Want to make a contract?

• Veteran Members
  • 2,687 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:18 PM

got the hilton for $140 a night. Anybody having a party?

Lemme be the first to say, if you are having a party, make sure your next door neighbors are doing the same, as well as their next door neighbors. Hilton security almost pounded down the door two doors down because they were so freaking loud, you could hear their conversations, then proceeded to spill out in the hallway. It may be fun for you, but there are likely people trying to sleep somewhere at 4 am in the morning and I don't think the hilton feels like giving out more free stays after the razing I gave them last year.

#47 Heartlesskev

Heartlesskev

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:06 AM

I`m not sure if there was a need to create a new post for a simple question, so i thought this thread could help me.
I reserved a space in the Hilton BWI Airport(1739 W Nursery Rd Linthicum, MD 21090) and i was wondering a couple of things:

-is there any method to get to the BCC, provided by the hotel or by a transportation service?
-is it recommended to park in the hotel parking lot, or find a closer lot?
-which is a closest, and more preferably, cheapest lot near this hotel location?
-there is no free breakfast, is there? (lol)

thanks in advance and sorry for this stream of, what could be considered, common questions.

Otakon 2012: The Best

#48 Taylor

Taylor

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:54 AM

I`m not sure if there was a need to create a new post for a simple question, so i thought this thread could help me.
I reserved a space in the Hilton BWI Airport(1739 W Nursery Rd Linthicum, MD 21090) and i was wondering a couple of things:

-is there any method to get to the BCC, provided by the hotel or by a transportation service?
-which is a closest, and more preferably, cheapest lot near this hotel location?

thanks in advance and sorry for this stream of, what could be considered, common questions.

The light rail will take you from your hotel to the convention center for the low price of 1.60! The only disadvantage is that it stops running at 12am, so you wouldn't be able to stay for the late panels and the dance.

Unless you drive back and forth.
That's like buying a '94 Camaro and painting it pink.

#49 Heartlesskev

Heartlesskev

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:42 AM

The light rail will take you from your hotel to the convention center for the low price of 1.60! The only disadvantage is that it stops running at 12am, so you wouldn't be able to stay for the late panels and the dance.

Unless you drive back and forth.

Thank you for this!
i was looking at the light rail yesterday and was considering taking it. Shame that it ends at midnight though.

also, i am to assume there is a parking lot at the BCC, but it is massively full?

Otakon 2012: The Best

#50 Bigdumbhippy

Bigdumbhippy

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:19 AM

park at the bank of american building across the street. get there early it's pretty cheap