Photo

November BBS Software Update

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 MattTheMinion

MattTheMinion

Silicon Alchemist

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,206 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 08:51 PM

Hey Everyone,

The BBS will be offline for a few days this week (Nov. 21-27) as we perform software updates.
Because of the holiday this week, we are being a bit conservative on the estimated downtime although it should not be offline for more than a couple of days.

Otherwise have fun, and for those of you that get one, enjoy your long weekend!

Catch you on the flip side!

--Matt Smiechowski
--Otakorp Comptroller
--Otakon Webmaster/BBS Admin/Purchasing
--One time, at Otakon, he was the Con Chair

#2 totalanimefan

totalanimefan

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 04:48 PM

Are we allowed to post in this thread? No one has yet, but it's not locked ^^;

I like the look at the forums, they are very nice ^_^
Counting down the days until Otakon~

#3 KSweeley

KSweeley

Otakon Staff since 2010, Otakon Attendee since 2001.

• Otakon Staff
  • 2,332 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 08:59 PM

Wow, it looks like Otakon has upgraded to the latest version of IP.Board, I think it looks good, I hope it doesn't have a steep learning curve of learning how to use the posting and reply features.

Kun Sun Sweeley (KSweeley) | Otakorp, Inc. Voting Member 2010-14 | Otakon 2014 Staff - Exhibitions Divison - Art Show Department | Otakon 2013 Staff - Member Relations (formerly Member Services) Division - General Staff Department, Otakon 2011-2012 Staff - Programming Division - Otachan Department, Otakon 2010 Staff - Staff Relations Division - Staff Pool Department | (former Gofer 2004, TCG 2005-06, 2008, Tier 2: 2009 #403) | Otakon 2001-2013 Attendee | Chat with me on AIM: WeezingPok | Add Me On Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ksweeley/ | Add Me As a Friend on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ksweeley

#4 Lady Starstorm

Lady Starstorm

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 11:22 AM

I like the new look, but I'm having a hard time finding a way to mark all forums read so that next time I come, I'll know what's had new posts since then. :| Anyone know?
Otakuholic! - A brand-new anime blog & community!

#5 KSweeley

KSweeley

Otakon Staff since 2010, Otakon Attendee since 2001.

• Otakon Staff
  • 2,332 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:44 PM

I like the new look, but I'm having a hard time finding a way to mark all forums read so that next time I come, I'll know what's had new posts since then. :| Anyone know?

To do this, go to the very bottom and click on "Mark Community Read" and then click "Mark all as read" and that will mark all forums as read.

Here's a screenshot of what I am talking about: Posted Image

Kun Sun Sweeley (KSweeley) | Otakorp, Inc. Voting Member 2010-14 | Otakon 2014 Staff - Exhibitions Divison - Art Show Department | Otakon 2013 Staff - Member Relations (formerly Member Services) Division - General Staff Department, Otakon 2011-2012 Staff - Programming Division - Otachan Department, Otakon 2010 Staff - Staff Relations Division - Staff Pool Department | (former Gofer 2004, TCG 2005-06, 2008, Tier 2: 2009 #403) | Otakon 2001-2013 Attendee | Chat with me on AIM: WeezingPok | Add Me On Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ksweeley/ | Add Me As a Friend on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ksweeley

#6 Aidan2

Aidan2

Keeper of the Holy Cow

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:45 PM

Also you can goto "View new content" in the upper right and there is a whole suite of filtering you can use.
---MTL---
Michael Lee
- Logistics Section Chief 2011
- Otakon BBS Moderator

-Keeper of the " Holy Cow "

#7 Lady Starstorm

Lady Starstorm

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 08:56 AM

Oh, great! Thanks for the info~ It was making things hard to navigate ^^;
Otakuholic! - A brand-new anime blog & community!