Photo

Pokemon Black Version 2 and Pokemon White Version 2 officially announced by Nintendo

Pokemon Nintendo new games

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
18 replies to this topic

Poll: Will you buy Pokemon Black Version 2 and/or Pokemon White Version 2? (13 member(s) have cast votes)

Will you buy Pokemon Black Version 2 and/or Pokemon White Version 2?

1. Yes (6 votes [46.15%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 46.15%

2. No (1 votes [7.69%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

3. I will buy Pokemon Black Version 2 only. (1 votes [7.69%] - View)

4. I will buy Pokemon White Version 2 only. (1 votes [7.69%] - View)

5. Unsure at the current time. (4 votes [30.77%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.77%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 KSweeley

KSweeley

Otakon Staff since 2010, Otakon Attendee since 2001.

• Otakon Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,335 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:51 PM

Nintendo has officially announced what looks like to be a direct sequel to Pokemon Black and White instead of making a "enhanced" remake of Black and White for the Nintendo DS:
http://www.pokemon.c...hite-version-2/

And here's two teaser trailers that Nintendo has released for the U.S. on YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNWFsZ2TNfY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUTTKROEBjE

Edited by KSweeley, 26 February 2012 - 05:53 PM.

Kun Sun Sweeley (KSweeley) | Otakorp, Inc. Voting Member 2010-14 | Otakon 2014 Staff - Exhibitions Divison - Art Show Department | Otakon 2013 Staff - Member Relations (formerly Member Services) Division - General Staff Department, Otakon 2011-2012 Staff - Programming Division - Otachan Department, Otakon 2010 Staff - Staff Relations Division - Staff Pool Department | (former Gofer 2004, TCG 2005-06, 2008, Tier 2: 2009 #403) | Otakon 2001-2013 Attendee | Chat with me on AIM: WeezingPok | Add Me On Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ksweeley/ | Add Me As a Friend on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ksweeley

#2 OtakonOtaku

OtakonOtaku

Seasoned Otaku

• Otakon Gofers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:22 AM

I'mnot sure if Im disapointed or what at least texplans whytherewere 3 pokemon that you saw online but were unale to get in the game.
Ijust hope theyfixed the time limit and removed black cty and white forrest or madetheaccessable all the time. Unlike the other games B & W were not as fun to continue playing after the end of the game. I had to rush to the end takes th fun out of it.

Anyway i saw in one of thelinked vids that it may have special features for the 3DS. But I hope they bother themselves to bring pokewalkers back and make the 3D pokedex include gen1-4 as well.

I won't buy both unless it really fixes the missingthings from the 'prequil'
hey what about grey? I also saw soething about a gae all about the E4

Edited by OtakonOtaku, 27 February 2012 - 08:26 AM.

Gofer 1017 ( 2013) Vanessa

2014Cosplay line up

Thursday Peach Maki
Friday AM -Noibat PM- Some vocaloid >_<;
Saturday AM Luna (Sailor moon) Human PM - Casual Lolita
SATURDAY August 9th is international Casual Lolita Day!
Sunday Casual Lolita

#3 Zairelyn

Zairelyn

Otaku In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:47 AM

at least it is not an 3DS exclusive game. That is starting to piss me off. Most people I talk to that have them don't even play with the 3D on. It personally makes me nauseous which is one of the reasons I refuse to buy one. I am not going to pay for a whole dimension I am not going to use. That Nintendo keeps making the games for the 3DS that could easily be 2D games and the whole you can only download the Club Nintendo games to the 3DS and not the DSi using your points. grr. but besides that. Yes I will probably end up with one of those versions up there but I would like to see more of the diffrences before I get excited for this. A new pokewalker type thing would be fun as well.

here and there and everywhere but no where in between

Check out my Deviantart. It will be fun; I promise.

Posted Image

#4 KSweeley

KSweeley

• Otakon Staff
  • 2,335 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:51 PM

at least it is not an 3DS exclusive game. That is starting to piss me off. Most people I talk to that have them don't even play with the 3D on. It personally makes me nauseous which is one of the reasons I refuse to buy one. I am not going to pay for a whole dimension I am not going to use. That Nintendo keeps making the games for the 3DS that could easily be 2D games and the whole you can only download the Club Nintendo games to the 3DS and not the DSi using your points. grr. but besides that. Yes I will probably end up with one of those versions up there but I would like to see more of the diffrences before I get excited for this. A new pokewalker type thing would be fun as well.

I agree, I've tried a 3DS and a 3DS game and didn't like how it made me feel nauseous and when I saw the price I was like "Oh absolutely no way I'll buy a 3DS at this current price-point." I'm glad that these two new Pokemon games will be for the DS and it's interesting how Nintendo is breaking tradition by making a direct sequel to two games in the Pokemon franchise instead of making an "enhanced" remake of Black and White.

Kun Sun Sweeley (KSweeley) | Otakorp, Inc. Voting Member 2010-14 | Otakon 2014 Staff - Exhibitions Divison - Art Show Department | Otakon 2013 Staff - Member Relations (formerly Member Services) Division - General Staff Department, Otakon 2011-2012 Staff - Programming Division - Otachan Department, Otakon 2010 Staff - Staff Relations Division - Staff Pool Department | (former Gofer 2004, TCG 2005-06, 2008, Tier 2: 2009 #403) | Otakon 2001-2013 Attendee | Chat with me on AIM: WeezingPok | Add Me On Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ksweeley/ | Add Me As a Friend on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ksweeley

#5 DestroyingStars

DestroyingStars

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 09:36 PM

I do think that fusing Reshiram and Zekrom with Kyurem is a little unoriginal. . . It seems as if Nintendo thinks that we'll buy anything with the Pokemon label on it. Honestly, I do think they're running out of ideas.

However, I do look forward to seeing what they do with this. Maybe, it'll be a direct sequel of the games. This is just my fantasy kind of thing, but this is what I think may happen.

Since you catch Kyurem in Black/White, along with Reshiram and/or Zekrom, maybe Kyurem will somewhat "take over" the legendaries' bodies. We may see the return of Ghetsis, who plans to bring back Team Plasma. Maybe, they'll have a new name like "Team Monochrome" or something so that they won't get hate. In the end, when you have to defeat Ghetsis and his new "team", N could return and help you fight Ghetsis and his team. Once defeated, N could coax Kyurem to leave Reshiram/Zekrom's body.

If N doesn't re-appear in these games, I feel they'll at least bring him back next gen. Looker did say, after all, "He was spotted on a dragon type pokemon in a far away land". This could even mean Hoenn, which is sure to get a remake.

Because Nintendo's making two games instead of their usual one sequel, this may mean they're only re-doing Emerald instead of Ruby /and/ Sapphire. . .?

One last thing before I end this post, then I'm done;

DEEEEENNNNNNNNNNIIIIIIISSSSSS~

rinkagarnine @ tumblr

• i'm always online there, so if you need to reach me for some reason, send me an ask on there to get a quicker response

CONVENTIONS

• Otakon 2013 (money's tight this year, gotta cut back orz)

COSPLAY

• Kagamine Rin (I need a Len, if you know a Len like set me up with them or s/t.)
  • Ultimate Madoka (or Godoka, Kamidoka, etc. etc.)
  • Aisaka Taiga (this uniform)

I'm totally up to meeting with you / taking pictures or anything of the sort!! If we don't coordinate or anything, but you still want to keep an eye out for me or something, look below!!

FRIDAY: Look for an Ultimate Madoka cosplayer, about 4'11" (really short). I'll be wearing a Pikachu-plush backpack, and I'll be with a Kitana (Mortal Kombat) cosplayer! I'll also have a bow and arrow with me, if that helps~

SATURDAY: Look for a Kagamine Rin cosplayer with light-up headphones and the same backpack~ I'll be with my friend again, this time as Hatsune Miku!

#6 Ikano

Ikano

Seasoned Otaku

• Otakon Gofers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:36 PM

Hmmm....are we sure this is not an "enhancement"?
I for one would welcome a continuation of the 'plot' that was in Black & White...but after cranking out 'enhanced' versions instead of Pokemon since the beginning...they're going to break that pattern so easily?

I don't know....I guess I'm still kinda of skeptical of all this news until there is some visual evidence....

and no, different forms of "Kyuren" is not enough. Giratina has different forms too after all....it's nothing new.

Edited by Nadistu, 28 February 2012 - 02:37 PM.

#7 KSweeley

KSweeley

• Otakon Staff
  • 2,335 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:41 AM

UPDATE: New news has been announced regarding Pokemon Black Version 2 and Pokemon White Version 2, it has been confirmed that Black Version 2 and White Version 2 are actually direct sequels to Black and White and not "enhanced" remakes, they are set exactly 2 years after the events in Black and White:

• The special moves of Black Kyurem and White Kyurem, the two new Dragon/Ice legendary Pokémon forms, are Freeze Bolt and Cold Flare, respectively. Black Kyurem is 3.3 meters tall and weighs 325.0 kilograms, while White Kyurem is 3.6 meters tall and weighs 325.0 kilograms.
  • The games are set in the same Unova (Isshu) region as the first Pokémon: Black and White games, but two years later. However, unrevealed incident or incidents have changed the landscape.
  • Players can now register about 300 Pokémon in Unova.
  • Black Version 2 and White Version 2 will have two new protagonists — male or female, depending on the player's choice — that are different from those in the first Black and White games.
  • There are new characters in the supporting cast as well: the protagonist's childhood friend and rival, an apparent Pokémon researcher named Akuroma, the Poison-Type Pokémon gym leader Homika, and the Water-Type Pokémon gym leader Shizui.
  • Finally, the new journey begins from Hiōgi City, a new city that is the hometown of the protagonist and the protagonist's rival.

Link: http://www.animenews...etails-revealed

And the Japanese Pokemon site is currently streaming a new official promo for Pokemon Black Version 2 and Pokemon White Version 2 which also confirms that the game has new locales and is set 2 years after the events of Black and White: http://www.animenews...-promo-streamed

The two-minute video highlights the features of the games, which are set two years after the first Pokémon: Black & White games. It introduces two new forms of legendary Pokémon (Black Kyurem and White Kyurem), the player's onscreen male or female persona, the protagonist's childhood friend and rival, the mysterious character Akuroma, and the new gym leaders (Homika and Shizui).
New locations have also been added to the land of Isshu (known as Unova in North America). The end of the video reminds viewers that those who attend this summer's new Pokémon movie will have the chance to receive the legendary Pokémon Keldeo at theaters in Japan.
The two new games will ship in Japan on June 23, and then they will arrive in North America and Europe this fall. The manga version of the new games will start in Monthly Corocoro Comic's May issue.

I must say this is a surprising turn of events for Nintendo since they have broken the tradition of releasing a new Pokemon game then releasing an "enhanced remake" of a previous generation Pokemon game now that they have released Black and White and now a direct sequel to Black and White is actually being made instead of an "enhanced remake" of a previous generation.

I, myself, will be very interested in seeing what sort of major changes has occurred in Unova within the 2 year period after Black and White ended.

What are your opinions regarding this news?

Edited by KSweeley, 16 April 2012 - 07:45 AM.

#8 Schtanza

Schtanza

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:36 AM

Yeah, I find that really interesting as well, as not only were we expecting a "Grey" but I was also expecting the remake of Ruby and Sapphire (possibly Emerald which is my fav game in the series)

Otakon 2010 - New Congoer
Otakon 2011 - Veteran Status Obtained
Otakon 2012 - Still going strong.

Otakon Vegas 2014 - Pending.

#9 Ikano

Ikano

Seasoned Otaku

• Otakon Gofers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:51 AM

I think in the end I might only get this game if it comes with a nice pre-order bonus...(which is highly likely if you consider the trend of Pokemon game releases but you never know...)
my brother usually gets his own copy of both game anyway (irregardless if I get one or not) so right now I'm still "eh...." about these games....

Hmmm? But it'll be released in Japan in the summer? Hahaha....watch me pull a 180 and buy the Japanese version on a whim.
I've done it before way back with Pokemon Gold.

#10 razisgosu

razisgosu

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:10 PM

I'll be buying at least one of the American versions once they come out in the fall, for sure. Despite being easy and redundant, the Pokemon series is quite fun and an easy 40-50+ hour game.

#11 Schtanza

Schtanza

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:48 PM

Looked at the spread on who all would be making appearances in the game, so now I am stoked for it.

Otakon 2010 - New Congoer
Otakon 2011 - Veteran Status Obtained
Otakon 2012 - Still going strong.

Otakon Vegas 2014 - Pending.

#12 DestroyingStars

DestroyingStars

Neophyte Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:17 PM

This game looks soooooo good. I can't wait to get it. All of the fanart makes it more awesome.

Has anyone seen the new CoroCoro scans? They show that Bianca (who got adorable-er) is the one who gives you your starter, and is Juniper's assistant. Cheren is back (and hotter) as the first gym leader, specializing in Normal Types.

And then there's that World Tournament thing, where you battle all the gym leaders and champions from past games.

and brycen is homika's dad lolwut

rinkagarnine @ tumblr

• i'm always online there, so if you need to reach me for some reason, send me an ask on there to get a quicker response

CONVENTIONS

• Otakon 2013 (money's tight this year, gotta cut back orz)

COSPLAY

• Kagamine Rin (I need a Len, if you know a Len like set me up with them or s/t.)
  • Ultimate Madoka (or Godoka, Kamidoka, etc. etc.)
  • Aisaka Taiga (this uniform)

I'm totally up to meeting with you / taking pictures or anything of the sort!! If we don't coordinate or anything, but you still want to keep an eye out for me or something, look below!!

FRIDAY: Look for an Ultimate Madoka cosplayer, about 4'11" (really short). I'll be wearing a Pikachu-plush backpack, and I'll be with a Kitana (Mortal Kombat) cosplayer! I'll also have a bow and arrow with me, if that helps~

SATURDAY: Look for a Kagamine Rin cosplayer with light-up headphones and the same backpack~ I'll be with my friend again, this time as Hatsune Miku!

#13 Ikano

Ikano

Seasoned Otaku

• Otakon Gofers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 12:17 PM

Has anyone seen the new CoroCoro scans? They show that Bianca (who got adorable-er) is the one who gives you your starter, and is Juniper's assistant. Cheren is back (and hotter) as the first gym leader, specializing in Normal Types.

And then there's that World Tournament thing, where you battle all the gym leaders and champions from past games.

and brycen is homika's dad lolwut

I saw the animated teaser
I'm upset over the fact Cheren ditched his glasses ;____;

(Well....at least in the teaser he ditched his glasses....)

Is it confirmed this game is region-blocked though?!

Edited by Nadistu, 27 May 2012 - 12:19 PM.

#14 KSweeley

KSweeley

• Otakon Staff
  • 2,335 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:51 PM

An official English teaser trailer for Pokemon Black Version 2 and Pokemon White Version 2 has been released by Nintendo:

#15 Ikano

Ikano

Seasoned Otaku

• Otakon Gofers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 06:26 PM

Such a short teaser that is....
"what a weird female heroine design" is what I got from it.

By the way....think I saw somewhere that the two games now have a release date of Oct 7

Though I can't remember where I saw said date mentioned...

#16 KSweeley

KSweeley

• Otakon Staff
  • 2,335 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 08:12 PM

October 7th is the official release date according to this recently released trailer and this English trailer officially confirms that Pokemon Black Version 2 and White Version 2 are direct sequels rather than remakes, stating "return to the Unova region two years later":

Edited by KSweeley, 07 July 2012 - 08:17 PM.

#17 KSweeley

KSweeley

• Otakon Staff
  • 2,335 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:36 PM

Nintendo has released a 6 minute and 23 second long anime trailer for Pokemon Black Version 2 and White Version 2:

#18 Ikano

Ikano

Seasoned Otaku

• Otakon Gofers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 10:52 AM

I read a preview article in Nintendo Power the other day and the "filming of movies" feature is kind of pushing me towards wanting to get one of these games....
And something about developing a mall....though that sounds vaguely similar to Black City (or whatever it was called in the previous game, I forget) and that was more annoying than anything cuz they'd leave if you don't check on em....

But again....in the end my decision will probably still heavily depend on a pre-order bonus (or even if a store goes 'buy from us and we'll give you a gift card') deal

Edited by Nadistu, 06 September 2012 - 10:53 AM.

EeChiann Shen

2003-2006 -- "regular" con attendee ||
2007 - 2014 -- Gofer #108
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015 [tentative] cosplay: Sanae Y (Suikoden 3) and...?

#19 Ikano

Ikano

Seasoned Otaku

• Otakon Gofers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:20 AM

So like...I ended up picking this [Pokemon: White 2] up yesterday so that I could get a commemorative coin "bonus". Posted Image

I've played only a few minutes so far since I was quite "cleaning/organizing" for most of yesterday.... but I'm already intrigued that they have a "memory link" (or whatever it was called) feature where you can get additional cut scenes in White2, Black2 if you link with your White or Black file....and right off the bat I triggered one of those cut scenes already =o

Innnnteresting..............

Edited by Nadistu, 08 October 2012 - 11:21 AM.

EeChiann Shen

2003-2006 -- "regular" con attendee ||
2007 - 2014 -- Gofer #108
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015 [tentative] cosplay: Sanae Y (Suikoden 3) and...?