Photo

Panel Registration (Performer List)

panels

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 Kurai

Kurai

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 04:07 PM

I have a question regarding the list for the performers for panel registration.

The panel we are applying for is a gameshow type panel with a cast, but certain members of our group are unsure of whether they will be able to attend or are unsure if they can perform, but we have backups (also a few empty spots in the roster we are trying to fill). Are we able to request a roster change with the panel staff if our panel is selected? I don't want to submit a list and then have it be wrong or have someone else join in and then have them not able to perform.
Cosplay for 2012:

'Prince Lunar' (Genderbent Princess Luna): MLP:FIM
Black Egret: SkullGirls
Doc Scratch: Homestuck
Aimless Renegade: Homestuck

#2 Mechamaniac

Mechamaniac

OldTaku

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:34 PM

Are you a first time panelist or have you performed a Panel etc. at a previous Otakon?

Andy Zerrlaut
Director of Programming - 2014
Panels Staff - 2007, Panels Lt. - 2008/2011 Panels Department Head - 2009, Panels Co-Department Head. - 2012 - 2013
Otakon Webmaster - 2005 - 2008, 2010 - 2011
Otakon BBS Admin - 2005 - 2013
Otacafe Staff - 2005 - 2006

"I have heard of a place where humans do battle in a ring of jello"

#3 Kurai

Kurai

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 11:11 PM

First time as far as Otakon is concerened, I've had a panel at another con.
Cosplay for 2012:

#4 Mechamaniac

Mechamaniac

OldTaku

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:21 AM

OK, thanks. The reason I asked whether you had done a Panel at Otakon before was because it potentially changes the answer.

You can have as many people help out with your event as you want. However, no one will be allowed on stage unless they have a panelist ribbon. These can only be obtained from Panel Ops and require the individual to sign a waiver form. So, the short answer is yes, you can change your roster at any time.

Now....regarding Panelist comps...There is a limit of 3 compensated or reimbursed panelists per panel. This would comprise the primary panelist and two assistant panelists. You are welcome to have more panelists on stage, however, only 3 will receive compensated or reimbursed memberships to Otakon 2012.

If you were a returning panelist, then substitutions could be tricky as you and your two assistants would most likely be comped pre-con.

Since you're first timers, IF your panel is selected, then you will be eligible for post-con reimbursement of your memership fees.

Hope that helps. Posted Image

All that info and more can be found on the Panels page...

http://www.otakon.co...ents_panels.asp

Andy Zerrlaut
Director of Programming - 2014
Panels Staff - 2007, Panels Lt. - 2008/2011 Panels Department Head - 2009, Panels Co-Department Head. - 2012 - 2013
Otakon Webmaster - 2005 - 2008, 2010 - 2011
Otakon BBS Admin - 2005 - 2013
Otacafe Staff - 2005 - 2006

"I have heard of a place where humans do battle in a ring of jello"

#5 Kurai

Kurai

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:51 PM

Ok, I read about the 3 people limit reembursement on the page :P

So if I understand correctly, the list I put on the application isn't the official roster, but more of a guideline? And they can be changed as long as they come with me when we go to panel ops and sign the waiver.

Hope i got this correctly :P
Cosplay for 2012:

#6 babroseker

babroseker

Otaku In Training

• Board Moderator
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:46 AM

So if I understand correctly, the list I put on the application isn't the official roster, but more of a guideline? And they can be changed as long as they come with me when we go to panel ops and sign the waiver.

Yes, we can change that list that is on the submission for those panelists who will be getting a post con-reimbursement (first time Otakon panelists), but that should be the exception not the rule. So, the list on the submission is the "official roster", but if you absolutely have to change it we can at-con during panelist check in.

Just to be clear though, as Andy mentioned previously, that only applies to first time Otakon panelists since they are the only ones who are post-con comped. Returning Otakon panelists are pre-con comped (as an added benefit for having succesfully worked with us before) and we can't change those.

Bruce Broseker

Otakon 2014: Programming Staff

Otakon 2012-2013: Panels Co-Department Head
Otakon 2011: Panels Department Head & Internet Operations Staff
Otakon 2010: Gofer Ops Staff & Otakon 2009: Panels Lieutenant
Otakon 2008: Panels Staff & Otakon 2007: Gofer Ops Staff
Otakon 2005-2007: Panelist & Otakon 2001-2004: Member

#7 Kurai

Kurai

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:49 AM

Got it. I put as an official roster as I could at the moment, but as I stated in the first post it's not set in stone due to a few members being unsure of their attendance capability. Thanks for the assistance.
Cosplay for 2012: