Photo

Is it alright to submit an application, but not paid for con pre-reg yet?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 Yuno

Yuno

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:17 AM

I've not paid for my pre-reg fee yet, because I still have a week or more to save up. Do I need to really already be pre-registered to apply right now, or can it wait until later? Example: I end up applying, but then end up paying later, and you guys check at the Gofer orientation.

2013 Cosplay

undecided

#2 Jive

Jive

Neophyte Otaku

• Otakon Gofers
  • Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:33 AM

Yes, you do need to pre-register for the convention itself before you can apply for gofering. There are input fields in the registration form itself that ask you for your registration submission number which you won't get unless you, well, actually register for the convention.

There's really no hurry in pre-registering to apply for a gofer, in all honesty. Usually we don't fill up on gofer pre-registrations for at least a month or so. And even then, should the limit be reached before you're able to pre-register, you can still try for Friday morning gofer call. :)
Ellen Li - Gofer 158
Otakon Attendee since 2002
Gofer since 2006

#3 Ikano

Ikano

Seasoned Otaku

• Otakon Gofers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:40 PM

They prefer you to register for Otakon before applying to be a gofer since they need to check your con registration and sending a gofer pre-reg in early without registering the con will likely delay the gofer registering process.

If I were you Yuno...I'd hold off on gofer pre-registering until you register for the con. All the years I've gofered I've never heard them hit the gofer pre-reg limit/cap before the con....

And even if this year happens to be "the year they hit it" it doesn't sound like you need that much more time to save enough money, so I say hold off as well.

Edited by Nadistu, 05 April 2012 - 07:43 PM.

EeChiann Shen

2003-2006 -- "regular" con attendee ||
2007 - 2014 -- Gofer #108
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014 planned cosplay: Sanae Y (Suikoden 3)