My group stayed at the Grand Hyatt Washington this year.
- It was a quick walk to the convention center and to various food places in the area
- Staff was very polite and made check-in/out a breeze! They also didn't give us any trouble about having five people in the room, surprisingly.
- Housekeeping was also really nice. We had the privacy doorhanger up on our room, but they happened to see us as we were leaving the room, so they asked if they we wanted anything. Kindly gave us a few extra towels <3
- Lots of elevators, so for once, we didn't have to take the stairs just to get our luggage back to the ground floor on the last day lol
-Huuuuge lobby space, plus another level under that with more couches where their meeting rooms are located, so it's easy to find a place to settle down and play board games since the rooms are too cramped for that
- As mentioned, the room was kind of cramped. Plus everyone's luggage, swag, shoes, cosplay gear, and other miscellany taking up what little extra space there was, we were just trying not to trip over each other.
- No continental breakfast :c
Altogether, pretty good! I do think a better room could be found for the price they charged, especially since all that extra money seems to have been used on their fancy lobby, but it's still a pretty nice hotel and I had a great experience with the staff. The one thing I'll note is that there is a Japanese restaurant named Umaya around the corner from the hotel (we could see it from our room window). Don't fall for it! The food is overpriced and nothing amazing.