And so at 3 AM I have questions

I have no intent on missing this years hall cosplay. Last year I missed due to technical difficulties but in reading this year information i see this

Check-in for pre-registered particpants will begin at 10:00 AM on the day of the contest in the corridor outside of the Costume Contest Suite (VIP West) on the 400 level of the BCC. Check-in for pre-registered participants will end at 12:00 Noon, or whenever all pre-registered particpants in line have been checked in. At that time, any unclaimed slots will be available to other members of Otakon on a first-come, first-served basis. There will be a separate line for open registration for the costume contest beginning at 10:00 AM, when pre-registration check-in begins, but the line will not move until 12:00 Noon. Note that any pre-registrations that are not checked in or in line to be checked in by 12:00 Noon will forfeit their slot, and would then have to wait in the open registration line. Signs will be posted; make sure you are in the right line!

First, the check-in times are accurate. I highly recommend all participants get to the convention registration desks Thursday night to get your badges if possible. If not, being in line early on Friday should get you in in time.

If you know for sure that you won't be able to be inside the convention center by noon to claim your slot, I suggest that you enter the Saturday contest instead. If you still prefer the Friday contest, contact me via the contact page and I will review your case.

Regarding the Friday HCC and Masquerade:

Yes, you CAN enter both. That is an unfortunate typo on my part, and it should be fixed soon.

There is no automated response to the pre-registration, because I review all entries and check to see that they are registered for the con. This might take a couple of minutes to get a response, or it might take a couple of days. Contact me via the contact page if you do not receive a response within 5 days.

You do not need to be in costume when you check-in for the contest.

I have sent an email about my particular case to you....

why did it change to so early?? I'm just asking out of curiosity now.

but my other problem is getting my pre-reg for the con just so I can enter the contest. there is no way of knowing how long that will take to get it figured out since I havent gotten a reply yet ( granted it has just barly been 12 hours that isn't nearly long enough time anyway >_<

I am sorry that the check-in times are early. The convention is in full swing by noon on Friday, however, so it really isn't unreasonable for such events to start at that time. On the bright side, if you manage to grab one of the early judging time slots, you'll have almost the entire day free to spend doing other things without worrying about making it in time to be judged.

well I feel silly, I couldn't renew because it was under another email address but... I don't remember changing it >_< anyway problem solved, reg. paid. now I can worry on other things.

I'm glad I asked here about the times and got such a quick answer O_.