Random Thought Thread~Finishing from Circle Two

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay! It's back.

...I spend all day randomly popping onto the board to get the first reply, and I still manage to miss it :lol:

Hmm...I wonder how much it would cost to get my eyes examined. Judging by how I see stuff, I don't need correction (if anything, it'd be very very very *tosses in about 10 more verys* minor), but I want to get cosmetic lenses, both for costume and everyday wear. I want to be able to switch between blue and green eyes, darnit!

I love how people were telling me that for non corrective lenses, I don't need a prescription, I can just go somewhere and buy a box, yet all the research I've done has led me back to a law that was passed a couple years back that requires prescriptions for all lenses, corrective or not.

I've not tried many beers, but of them, I could only tolerate one of them. Asahi, or something. I don't know. It was at a con's staff "Yay! Another successful con!" party, and I swiped the can out of another staff member's hand to try it (We're con buddies, it wasn't just a random "Hey, I don't know you, I'm going to try your drink!...though I have done that too.) Most of the stuff I've tried, I've wanted to spit out after one sip, but I took a couple sips of that and didn't want to spit it out. I probably could have finished the whole can, but I was happily drinking my death punch.

So, I mentioned I've tried someone's drink when I didn't know them. It was after the first night of the first Fan Faire I went to, in Vegas, at the Hilton. So, a bunch of us headed down to Quark's after the festivities ended for the day. I had little cash, so I was sharing with the people I was with, and we struck up a conversationg with a couple other EQ players (Fan Faire is a pretty much an EQ/EQ2 con, though it covers the other SoE games), and next thing we know, their drink has 5 straws in it, our drink has 5 straws in it, and we were all just sharing. I don't think any of us asked each other if this was okay. We weren't drunk/tipsy either, as it was early in the night. (Those drinks there are HUGE. As in, if you get the full sized one like we all had, they will not let a single person order one) We went through about 4 of them between the 5 of us, though I was holding back, as I had to find my way from the Hilton, to the monorail (connected to both hotels, so it's not like I had to wander Vegas streets at 1am), back to the hotel I was staying at, which was pretty much on the opposite end of the monorail line. Needless to say, I wanted to be as sober as possible to do that.

I looked into colored lenses for my own use, it still says on websites that you don't need a prescription, but I don't want to chance it. Especially since I have prescription glasses...The myths of using non-prescription contacts with prescription glasses conflict. Not worth the risk! Besides, I dunno my true 'script. :lol:

On a random note: Its been way too nice outside lately, and our grill died. Not fair!!!

Taken straight from the FDA's website (http://www.fda.gov/OHRMS/DOCKETS/98fr/E6-19887.htm)

"All contact lenses, including decorative, non-corrective contact

lenses, require premarket approval or clearance by FDA and may be

dispensed only upon a lawful prescription order by an eye care

professional."

I simply would not trust a site that does not require a prescription. Who knows what else they may be doing that's shady.

Look, I bet people just learned something new from reading that!

Aye. I know that. But you still have to have a prescription regardless. And in order to get a prescription, you have to go to the eye doctor. I want to get my eyes examined, anyway. I've never had a proper one, just the quickies they gave in middle school in the nurse's office, and when I'd get a general checkup - both my parents and my grandmothers and lots of other people in my family need glasses. I'm the odd one who doesn't need them. Seriously, I have no idea how that happened. Genetically, Ithink I should have needed them by now. I never said it had to be a corrective prescription.

*hopes her fabric order arrives soon, but isn't expecting it for another week*

I've actually begun cleaning and purging stuff, to make it easier on me for when I do move out. I'm still wondering how I managed to clean my shower and toilet, shower and dry my hair in less time than it takes me to usually shower and dry my hair though.

*wanders off to play some FFVI* It's taken me years, but I've finally managed to actually get into the game. Every other time I've tried to play it, I keep getting bored maybe an hour or so in. And yet, I own every version of it that's been released here, go figure.

Why is Slave of the Mouse a slave of the mouse? For all of my life I thought mickey was a kindly soul promoting friendship and equality for all.

I'm a College program, we are pretty much slaves.

As for colored contacts, you can get perscription ones from your eye doctor. I had them for awhile, made my eyes an awesome blue.

*unlock*

We will be adding a new posting limit rule to RTT to the list of rules for RTT.

1. RTT shall end at 100 pages.

2. A new RTT shall only start when the page is locked at 100 pages.

3. No Chat Spam, post padding, spam in general please.

*new*

4. There will be a limit of 3 posts per day per person who posts to RTT. So say if user made one post, then 2 more the same day, they can not post again until the next day. The reason for this is because the original thought of RTT was for random thoughts and quite frankly, it seems at though the random thoughts are starting to go the way of the dodo...

Adult Swim will have 7 nights a week programming starting in July:

Adult Swim, which shares space channel space with Cartoon Network, held its 2007-2008 upfront presentation last evening in NYC. The great news for young adults is that Adult Swim will move to a seven-night a week schedule with the addition of Friday nights, starting July 6, 2007 at 11p.

Ever since I got Verizon FiOS to replace the Comcast Digital Cable I haven't turned Cartoon Network on.

There is a fun Funimation channel. :D I DVR'd Case Closed.

I'm sitting in my last period class uber-bored. My teacher wont shut up about stuff that makes no sense. I have to study for my Computer Science AP exam ;o;

*ends 1/3 of allowed random posting*

/greet new RTT

Physics test tomorrow morning=not sleeping tonight

People say to not cram, but you know what? I find cramming to be ridiculously effective.

To some people out there I committed a sacrilegious act about three days ago.

I bought a PS3. :P

Of course where I'm at right now (I'll be home in about three weeks), I can't use and abuse it 100% yet. Once I get home, then it's new TV to take advantage of the graphics (new TV was figured into the finances a few months ago), jack into the internet, and find out if there are any PS controller adapters to where I can use my control sticks for fighting games!

And yes, I'm playing PS1 games on the sytem too. **lol**

My last post here, so sad. I was in a car accident last night. I'm fine and no other cars/people were involved. My car is fixable as well, but I'm freaked out. Took out a light pole too. No, I wasn't drinking, just on my way home from work.

Finals are!...... not over..... Oh well, that's what I get for going to a school with quarters instead of semesters.