Random Thought Thread~Finishing from Circle Two

I am back from San Diego Comic Con. I am going write in my Livejournal about my thoughts in the morning. I am still trying to figure out how much I really enjoyed the event.

My thoughts are on my Livejournal. I consider the show to be all hype and I could get better coverage on the internet than in person.

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, this will be my last post until the 8th, unless I find a hotspot that I can use my PSP at.

I'm really excited for Fan Faire....moreso than the rest of the Vegas trip, for some reason. I guess I'm looking forward to seeing my EQ buddies.

I never bothered to try to dodge lightning 200 times consecutively in FFX.

If you do 100 laps around the 3 pools in the beginning of the north area of the thunder plains a little to the left it's the easiest friggin' thing in the world.

*is mid-way through it now*

Yes, I'll probably screw up and get hit before I get 200, but the second try of this technique shall prevail! 8)

While feeding the pigeons today, I noticed them trying grab the food as I threw it rather than waiting for it to land; kind of gave me an idea of how hot the ground was.

...sad thing is I didn't feel the heat today... and I don't have air conditioning.

Don't people know why there are no holidays in August? (Unless my birthday counts as a holiday that is...) Because it's too hot to celebrate anything!!

On a side note, I got an A on my final tonite in Medical Terminology!! :D Which mind you was quite a feat considering the fact that we didn't have an actual teacher for 75% of the course, school admin says we'll get one for the next course, however I'm not holding my breath...

Whew. Back from Vegas and Fan Faire.

It RAINED. In Vegas. Like, major thunderstorms. So much for that dry heat.

Had a great time though.

Today is my parents' 40th wedding anniversary. Forty years, three kids (of whom I'm the youngest), an almost grotesque level of occupational and domestic stability, and they never lost the humor or got tired of each other--which is quite an achievement because they're both very annoying.

Don'chaknow their quirks are why I love 'em, though. Happy anniversary, wolfparents.

Ahh warning notices, how I love thee.

"Caution! Boiling water may be extremely hot to the touch. Handle with care, especially when serving children."

Great...I would never guess boiling water to be cold. What is with this "may" be hot? Does that mean it might be hot only some of the time?

Envigorating, isn't it? You get so full of energy from that pure hatred.

I love leveling up to 12 before you fight Leon in Traverse Town in Kingdom Hearts. You feel so........godly when you can smite heartless so... :D

Er, no. I feel kind of empty and sad. The man I hate so much really did an awful thing to make me hate him like I do. I genuinely hope he dies slowly and painfully.

It's been a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day:

I got attacked on the way to work today. And when I turned around to to see who hit me, I was presented with a big shiney knife. I wasn't mugged, but just the same....

.....I think I'll move to Australia.

with apologies to Judith Viorst for butchering her story....

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei is one of the most twistedly random hilarious anime I have ever seen <3 I just watched 5 hours instead of sleeping because I just couldn't stop watching it....

...who needs sleep anyway, right?......

well since nobody has said anything else and i wouldn't want to double post....

Sept 2, 2007:

Just moved into Rider U! weeeeeeeee

• 2 weeks later...

There's a new one at least everyday, but I generally check this place a couple times a day for 2 seconds, so there may be a lot more.

Food here is EXCELLENT! Even though all I had was a salad and a slice of pizza and an ice cream WAFFLE cone lol. There were delicious sweet cherry tomatoes! I used to HATE tomatoes! It's amazing.

I start class tomorrow. How weird is it that I'm excited to start school?.....

(Baltimore Comic-Con yesterday)

*I take $20 from the ATM in Charles Street Lobby*

Dude behind me to dude with him: 200 bucks sound okay?

Me: Wow. I do all my big spending at Otakon.

Him: What's that?

Me: It's a gigantic anime con here?

Him: Never heard of it....do they have comics?

Me: Kinda. But the dealer's room is awesome.

Him: And it's here?...

They seemed to be relative locals unaware of Otakon's presence. I kind of wondered after that, though I know the staff is burnt out, why doesn't Otakon have an Otastore table or something there to remind people to come back to town in 11 months?

Under my very special circumstances right now, it's terrible.

But generally for anyone who goes to college, it's a great experience. It's very different and there are a lot of things to do compared to high school.

Maybe I'm just too selfish...I dont know...

The soft serve ice cream machine is working again, so that was a plus for today.

(Baltimore Comic-Con yesterday)

*I take $20 from the ATM in Charles Street Lobby*

Dude behind me to dude with him: 200 bucks sound okay?

Me: Wow. I do all my big spending at Otakon.

Him: What's that?

Me: It's a gigantic anime con here?

Him: Never heard of it....do they have comics?

Me: Kinda. But the dealer's room is awesome.

Him: And it's here?...

They seemed to be relative locals unaware of Otakon's presence. I kind of wondered after that, though I know the staff is burnt out, why doesn't Otakon have an Otastore table or something there to remind people to come back to town in 11 months?

We are looking at comic-cons as a possible new recruiting space; however they tend to be a bit pricey and we haven't budgeted for them in the past.

I also have a great contact at Comic Con so I'll be following up once he's had a chance to chill out after this year's installment -- we might be able to arrange a table swap or something.

So some idiotic schemer just tried hitting me with a phishing email from "Bank of America."

While sitting there goggle eyed that I had actually been sent one of these emails complete with bad grammar and from a yahoo account, I then started to laugh while taking much joy in forwarding it to the abuse department at the real Bank of America.

So what did all of you do today? (Besides try to take over the world)

So some idiotic schemer just tried hitting me with a phishing email from "Bank of America."

While sitting there goggle eyed that I had actually been sent one of these emails complete with bad grammar and from a yahoo account, I then started to laugh while taking much joy in forwarding it to the abuse department at the real Bank of America.