Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ColonialForces

Board Suggestion: Otakon Live Section

Ok, I don't mean actually 'Live' footage or anything, what I mean is that there's a section for us to post links to movies or post pictures of stuff that happened during days 1, 2, and 3.

For Example, open up the section, and after day one everyone can upload pictures to their photobuckets, Shutterflies, etc. And post them in threads talking about certain panels, events, incidents, etc. Then repeat the process for the following two days.

This'd be a great way for members to keep in touch during the weekend and show what we did. (Sorta like a community-wide photo-log/journal) and would give Otakon Corp a great resource for any good shots for the next year. After the event it can be closed and used as a Archive.

Opinions?

I like the idea. It also would make a nice thread if not a subforum.

That'll be nice :D

I would really like to see people's views of their day(s) at Otakon! =D I'd def put some/all of mine up. I'm going to take TONS and TONS of pictures and lots of videos =D

Yay! :D

While it sounds like a great idea, my concern would be that at some point someone would have to step in and keep pictures from "repeating" themselves. That is, it's the same person/concept being depicted in several pictures from several members.

Posting LINKS to photo albums are fine (no posting pictures, please see our image policy), however....

Videos are a tricky spectrum. There are parts of the con and events that are NOT allowed to be recorded and where video camera or cameras are NOT allowed. Places where cameras and videos are not permitted the Masquerade, the Art Show, and concerts as well as some others I can not think of at the moment.

It wouldn't be too hard the just post a sticky with those rules. I mean there are a lot of things at Otakon that can and do get Youtubed. Like the impromptu dance parties in Charles St. Lobby, like the lines, etc. I think it's worth it.

Its not like having a section would encourage people to post it, people are going to take moves and pictures of stuff anyway, this just be a good way for us to racap on what we did during day one. I can think of threads being started like,

"Coolest Costumes during Friday" or "GaiaOnline Panel Photos!" or something, it'd be great, generating conversations and would act as a kind of Photo Diary of the con for that year. Because I can never find enough pictures of previous year's cons.

There wouldn't need to be any added security for the Masquerade, Art Show, or the like just because of this proposed subsection, just put a Photo Section Rules Sticky up and there shouldn't be any more problems than any other of the sections.

And posting links to the photos instead of the photos themselves would get rid of the need for a 56K warning for people with slow internets, so it would probobly be fine.

I like this idea. While my laptop is going to sit in the hotel room (if I even bring it), I plan on toting around a Blackberry with a data plan, so I'd love to have a live forum to poke around while in lines. (For the people who aren't quite as tech-obsessed, it'd be something to check in on between days to see what's up.)

Its a little late and sorry for the Doublepost, but can we get a final verdict? I think this would be a lot of fun for all of us to have every night.

Its a little late and sorry for the Doublepost, but can we get a final verdict? I think this would be a lot of fun for all of us to have every night.

I could make a board for it, I'm rather good at setting up Invisionfree Forums at this point. Or we could just post threads on this board. What does everyone think?

I could make a board for it, I'm rather good at setting up Invisionfree Forums at this point. Or we could just post threads on this board. What does everyone think?

http://s11.invisionfree.com/OtakonMediaBoard/index.php

Here it is. Anyone with Mod privileges on the Otakon Boards gets Modship on these boards, just send me a PM and I'll give you the job. Mods on these boards are Super-Mods, they mod everywhere.

Remember, these are NOT official Otakon Boards, they're NOT endorsed in any way by Otakorp Inc and it exists outside their control.

That said, we expect the same family friendly environment we have here on the Otakon boards there. Warnings and bannings will be handed out when people break the rules.