Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ithilienne

List of Panels for Otakon 2007

Important Announcement:

To everybody who applied for a panel,

I understand that there was much in the way of confusion and problems getting panels together for last year. We've done everything we could do in order to accomodate as many people as possible, but unfortunately, at this time, no further changes or change requests are being accepted.

We will be publishing the absolute, 100% final list of fan panels soon. If your panel is not in that, we will not be able to change the list to include that panel. Please, please apply again next year. I understand that issues like this give everybody pause; they are disheartening and disillusioning.

But please believe me when I say that we did everything we could to fix the problems that occurred, and that we have already planned for correcting the root causes for next year.

To everybody that applied, thank you for thinking of Otakon as a venue to present your panels. We appreciate it, even if we couldn't accomodate you.

Please PM me with your name and the name of your panel. Also, forward the sent e-mail to me at ebehar@otakon.org, and I'll try to verify what happened to it.

There is a junk e-mail filter on the account; and it's possible that the e-mail got lost to junk mail. I can't say that's what happened for sure, but it is possible, and if we didn't receive it at all, we can't respond to it. If you have a junk e-mail filter up, it's possible it caught the response e-mail. I have a copy of every acceptance and rejection, though, so I can check and see if one was sent to you, and if not, I can check and see if your application was in fact received.

My panel is on the approved list (Lolita Fashion, Beyond the Basics) but neither myself nor my fellow panelist who sent in the original request was sent an approval e-mail, possibly because she has a yahoo e-mail address. I e-mailed the people in charge of panels through the contact page but I guess that doesn't get checked?

Anyway, I have a question.

I registered and paid back in April and we sent our panel request in early May. Does this mean I absolutely can't get refunded/comped?

Thanks if you can answer.

I registered and paid back in April and we sent our panel request in early May. Does this mean I absolutely can't get refunded/comped?

Wait, are you saying that if we did not send our registration info to you guys on time, but we did already pay for our registration, we can still get compensated in some way, or are you saying that if we were already getting free registration for some OTHER reason...

ahh, I'm totally confused. Either way, is this correct, that we can still be compensated in some way?

Wait, are you saying that if we did not send our registration info to you guys on time, but we did already pay for our registration, we can still get compensated in some way

Wait, are you saying that if we did not send our registration info to you guys on time, but we did already pay for our registration, we can still get compensated in some way

That is correct.

The word is as follows:

I'll need your name, member ID and mailing address. Checks will be mailed out after Otakon.

I've been asked also to make sure that people know that anybody compensated in this way will get a check for $50, even if you registered at the at-door price.

I have the PM you sent me, but not any of the other info. If you could e-mail me the info I asked for, I'll be happy to pass it on to reg for you.

Name

Member ID

Mailing Address

Thanks!

I'll use myself as an example on the refund from last year. **chuckle** I did prereg a few months in advance, then was asked to help out with the panel that weekend, and found out about the refund if you did do what you were supposed.

Almost two weeks after Otakon I got a check in the mail before I was about to send an inquiry about it. But at registration this year I'll drop my info since I'm the only one I think who paid early out of our group just in case. I know my membership ID was submitted because I did pay this year so it should be in the system. :D

Hi, sorry if this is in the wrong place or anything, but I'm confused what to do. Our panel is on the accepted list, but we never got an acceptance e-mail. None of us are able to check the forums every day, so we didn't see the post that we needed to preregister by midnight last Friday until the weekend. We registered as soon as we could, but we're still wondering whether or not that counts. We've e-mailed panels about this but have heard nothing back.

My main concern is this, when I registered, it said on the forum here to click on the registration that I was going to pay by check, then just send panels an e-mail with my information. But if that doesn't go through somehow, I still want to go to Otakon, so I would still want to go ahead and pay. But it said I'd need to send in my check by the end of the payment period, and the rates go up this Sunday. What should I do?

I hope this is clear enough. I'm not angry or anything, it's just that I'm in a tricky financial situation right now, and not having to pay the $50 registration would make my life a lot easier.

My main concern is this, when I registered, it said on the forum here to click on the registration that I was going to pay by check, then just send panels an e-mail with my information. But if that doesn't go through somehow, I still want to go to Otakon, so I would still want to go ahead and pay. But it said I'd need to send in my check by the end of the payment period, and the rates go up this Sunday. What should I do?

I hope this is clear enough. I'm not angry or anything, it's just that I'm in a tricky financial situation right now, and not having to pay the $50 registration would make my life a lot easier.

I was told no dice on the refunds because I didn't pay by check to start and you guys were already over-budget on comps. So if I try after the con I can get a refund?

I was told no dice on the refunds because I didn't pay by check to start and you guys were already over-budget on comps. So if I try after the con I can get a refund?

Majueen is one of my panelists, so I'll reply for her:

"That sounds perfect! We aren't so concerned with when we get comped, just that it happens at some point."

Another concern of mine is that I still have not received any info regarding my panel by way of e-mail (Between the Lines:Western Mythology in Anime). Since most other panelists seem to have gotten e-mails from the panel organizer, I'm concerned that my e-mail account is just being screwy, so here are all of the email adresses that I have access to:

relotixke@gmail.com

relotixke@hotmail.com

rjharpin@verizon.net

creito@hotmail.com

If like, it's just been a busy week and no one's had time yet, I totally understand, I just want to make sure that no one is sending me e-mails that I'm not getting.

Here's a question: I did everything as soon as I could when they said, were we supposed to get little reply e-mails that said that our e-mail was recieved? If not, that's okay. I'll bring a copy of the e-mail I sent to the con and everything.

Here's a question: I did everything as soon as I could when they said, were we supposed to get little reply e-mails that said that our e-mail was recieved? If not, that's okay. I'll bring a copy of the e-mail I sent to the con and everything.

No responses went out regarding whether or not registration info was received on time, to the best of my knowledge.

Ok, i'm trying to understand everything the best that I can, and since i'm rather busy, I missed a LOT because it was only on the forums.

me, and at least one of my panelists did the 'pre-reg, say pay by check, but don't send one' thing, another paid a long time ago, and i'm not sure about my 4th.

What I'm wondering... do we need to send you the list of our registration numbers (i'm assuming yes, or are we too late to do this?) and do we now have to pay first? (since it's the last day of the $50 rate...)

<---so very confused, and having people harassing me to know what day the panel is on

Ok, i'm trying to understand everything the best that I can, and since i'm rather busy, I missed a LOT because it was only on the forums.

me, and at least one of my panelists did the 'pre-reg, say pay by check, but don't send one' thing, another paid a long time ago, and i'm not sure about my 4th.

What I'm wondering... do we need to send you the list of our registration numbers (i'm assuming yes, or are we too late to do this?) and do we now have to pay first? (since it's the last day of the $50 rate...)

<---so very confused, and having people harassing me to know what day the panel is on

Any ideas on when times and places will be sent to panelists? I know that the schedule is posted on the site the week before the con, but it'd be nice for us panelists to know a little ahead of time. Thanks!

when we were told of our panel acceptance it stated we'd get some sort of schedule shortly after... that was a few weeks ago... i'm really worried about things this year, and i'm rapidly losing patience as each day goes by with little information shared...

Notifications are still being sent out :) I keep getting called into work on my days off, which interrupts my notification-sending, but they're going out slowly but surely. :)

A big chunk are going out this afternoon, as we speak.

Is there some kind of process we can go through to request a different time slot for our panel? I was given a slot late Sunday when I requested Friday afternoon, and most of my panelists have to leave Baltimore before the panel would be over.

I haven't gotten a timeslot back yet myself. Long as I don't miss the concerts, I'm cool.

Hopefully I'll be in the next batch. As long as it's not super early on Friday, I should be fine.

(I don't think my friend and I will make the Thursday night pre-reg, so we'll have to hit the line early Friday)

Yeah, I'm curious about requesting different times as well. My panel ended up really late on Saturday which is going to be really hard on me physically. (not to mention I probably won't have a voice by that point. :( )

Is it possible to find out about time changes and if we can request them?

Thanks!

Yeah, I'm curious about requesting different times as well. My panel ended up really late on Saturday which is going to be really hard on me physically. (not to mention I probably won't have a voice by that point. :( )

Is it possible to find out about time changes and if we can request them?

Panelists who have early friday times (before noon) and who are unable to hit the Thursday night pre-reg pickup window should contact the panels chief about requesting access to the "special needs" window.

Hello again everyone,

As I finish up the last of the schedule notifications, I wanted to mention a few things publicly:

1. I'm still having trouble sending emails to certain panelists. If after tonight you still have not received a schedule notification, please PM me so that I can get your information to you.

2. Regarding picking up your badges: If your panel is scheduled for any time after noon on Friday, you will be able to pick up your badges at any pre-registration booth at the convention center. If your panel is scheduled at or before noon on Friday, please PM me with your name and panel name, and you will be put on a list and receive further instructions.

I'm sure I've forgotten something, so if you have any other questions you can either reply to your notice email, send a PM, or reply here. :(

See you all in two weeks or so! *faints*

Please note that the list at the beginning of this thread (and, shortly, the list on the Panels page of the website) has been updated to reflect the most current list of panels. We've had some cancellations and have brought on some new folks in their places, and I hope that everyone can find at least one or two panels that they'll enjoy attending.

As always, I may be reached via PM or through the Contact Us form on the website (select 'panels').

Did someone forget to add Funimation into the industry panels list, because it would really be shocking if they didn't have a panel, or are they just in that may be added later category at the end of the post. :D

Edt: Oh, and the Right Stuf and Animenation, are they not having panels.

Media Blasters is also missing, but I don't think they had a panel last year either so that doesn't surprise me.

I hope Viz, Funi, and Right Stuf are added to the industry panels list. I have some questions to ask all three. That list of panels is awesome though, I'm going to be extremely busy just trying to figure out what I want to see that weekend.

With Media Blasters basically sweeping the rug from under the feet of the other companies at AX I wouldn't be surprised if they don't have a panel here.

I hope Viz, Funi, and Right Stuf are added to the industry panels list. I have some questions to ask all three. That list of panels is awesome though, I'm going to be extremely busy just trying to figure out what I want to see that weekend.

With Media Blasters basically sweeping the rug from under the feet of the other companies at AX I wouldn't be surprised if they don't have a panel here.

Where are you looking? The website might not have caught up.

INDUSTRY PANELS AT OTAKON 2007

ADV Films

ADV Films Sneak Peek

Anime News Network

Bandai Entertainment

Bandai Visual USA

Del Rey Manga

Funimation

Gaia Interactive

Geneon

Geneon Late Night

ImaginAsian TV

Manga Entertainment

Media Blasters

Purple SKY Magazine

Score Entertainment

Tokyopop

Sadly Viz is focusing on San Diego ComicCon and couldn't do both.

I'm glad to see the fansubbing panel made the latest list (it's sad to see traditional panels fade away).

As for the industry panels, I'm a bit disappointed it seems that Kadokawa isn't doing one this year. Neither is Broccoli, Seven Seas, or Rightstuf. Well, maybe they'll be added later. Also, pity Circus didn't also come to Otakon this year.

Where are you looking? The website might not have caught up.

INDUSTRY PANELS AT OTAKON 2007

ADV Films

ADV Films Sneak Peek

Anime News Network

Bandai Entertainment

Bandai Visual USA

Del Rey Manga

Funimation

Gaia Interactive

Geneon

Geneon Late Night

ImaginAsian TV

Manga Entertainment

Media Blasters

Purple SKY Magazine

Score Entertainment

Tokyopop

Sadly Viz is focusing on San Diego ComicCon and couldn't do both.

I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I figure this is as good a place as any. One of my favorite activities in the past few years has been the Great Teacher Largo pannel, and every year it more and more people go to it. The room last year wasn't bad, but I just wanted to see if it was going to be in a larger space this year or should I rush to get in line? I'd hate to miss out because the line formed up hours in advance or that hours spent at the front of the line wouldn't be worth it because the location changed at the last minute.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, I'm just trying to save myself a little bit of trouble this year if possible.

I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I figure this is as good a place as any. One of my favorite activities in the past few years has been the Great Teacher Largo pannel, and every year it more and more people go to it. The room last year wasn't bad, but I just wanted to see if it was going to be in a larger space this year or should I rush to get in line? I'd hate to miss out because the line formed up hours in advance or that hours spent at the front of the line wouldn't be worth it because the location changed at the last minute.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, I'm just trying to save myself a little bit of trouble this year if possible.

Sadly, it's going to be in a smaller room this year. Unfortunately, due to the technical issues with losing panel data, GTL was kind of scheduled at the last minute in the only space we had available at the time.

We also requested to have our panel slot time swapped with a friend's (he didn't like his late Saturday and we didn't like our late Friday) which would've worked out great due to the amount of attendees at those times and we're all rooming together so it's not like we're twisting each other's arms for time slots. It's a mutual thing in this case, but unfortunately we got shot down.

We were the Cowboy Bebop and Zombie panels.

Oh well.

Pincer, I explained to you why it was done that way. It was not a problem after I was given the reasons for it not being able to be switched. Shush up or I'll make you sleep in the bathtub. ^_^

I know i am like late asking this, but where is everything going to be held? With four floors i am unsure if they all on one floor or multiple floors, i gotta know i am sure elevators will be there seeing as my sister is cospalying and all. I am still new so, if someone can help me out it will be appreciated.

Panel 1, 2, and 3 are on 300 level. Panel 4, last year, was in the Ballroom. Naturally, that's very much subject to change.

I know i am like late asking this, but where is everything going to be held? With four floors i am unsure if they all on one floor or multiple floors, i gotta know i am sure elevators will be there seeing as my sister is cospalying and all. I am still new so, if someone can help me out it will be appreciated.

Panel 1 is rooms 337-338.

Panel 2 is rooms 324-326.

Panel 3 is rooms 318-323.

Panel 4 is Ballroom 2, on the fourth level of the BCC.

And apparently there's one more change going though, I hear. That Saturday night Gaia panel in Panel 4 isn't a Gaia panel (note there's another one Friday afternoon). It's 4chan.