Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bayp

Otakon rawks so far!!

So I did something totally un-me like this year and got to the prereg line at about 5:15PM. The last few years I had gotten there at between 7:30 and 8pm, gotten in and back out in pretty much no time at all. This year, however, since I came to the convention by myself, I decided to throw caution to the wind since I had nothing better to do.

The line looked pretty fierce at first and stretched out way beyond where I took that pic with my camera phone (which came out surprisingly well considering that it was a pic from a camera phone). It only took me about an hour to get from the end of the line to get my con stuff. Not all too bad at all considering that I remember the wait was about twice as long the first year that there was a Thrusday pre-reg. Well done Otakon staff in getting people moved along rapidly!

Had dinner at one of the places in the harbor then back to the hotel for a couple drinks and to post here. Great "first day" of Otakon. :D

Now, Onward to Friday! I can't wait!

The corralling inside was so well organized too! I was really impressed how coordinated the staff was!!

We didn't go up until about 7:15 or so, but there was almost no wait at all, and we saw tons of people coming and going pretty quickly before that.

lil flustered w/ the schedule changes cuz it seems to be making things more complicated for us, but i've had a great day so far.

my sis and I ran into the j-pop group AAA while wandering Baltimore and snapped some photos with them, which was awesome. they're adorable.

looking forward to tomorrow! see you all there ^__^

Well i will at least have a jacket, we plan to get there at like 9am, i guess it would be moving by then. Plus i will have a cd player just in case

I must ask, did it rain? We are still trying to figure out what time we should get up there tommorow

DEFINETELY see AAA. It'll be worth it.

I think we got in line around 7:30... well really I couldn't call it a line. We just walked right into the convention center, stood in line for 2 mins and that was it. Great job Otakon! That was the fastest pre-reg line ever. We had dinner at Hard Rock Cafe. It was too loud to talk so all nine of us pulled our DS and played two rounds of Mario Kart. I can honestly say that is the funnest time I've ever had playing Mario Kart. It was cool hearing everyone shout in unison when someone pulled the lightening bolt on us.

Looking forward to getting up and getting out today. Still waiting for the rest of my group to wake up. :D I'm also up for metting new people so PM if you want. I'll be in a red yukata later today.

DEFINETELY see AAA. It'll be worth it.

Yeah this is my first Otakon and I am loving it. I have always been an anime fan. I got a couple of pictures Friday and hope to get a bunch more Saturday and Sunday. I am going to attend Otakon every year now because I love it and I'm having a great time. Plus alot of people complemented me on my FLCL shirt. Now Saturday lets see how many complements I get with with Cowboy Bebop shirt :D. Every one is looking great with the Cosplay, Keep up the good work. Well time for bed have to get up in 6 hours night all and See you at Otakon.

I went yesterday, my first time attending. Had a great time, even though I was only able to come down for one day. Couldn't believe how big that convention center was, I was lost trying to find my way around. However, all the staffers I met were great, they helped me find my way. I best part was when I met Stephanie Sheh, what a great gal. There was such many panels and videos that I wanted to go to, but not enough time to go do them all. I couldn't believe that by 6:00pm, I was physically and mentally drained, which was fine since I had to leave and catch the train back to NY. All in all, great con, definitely coming back next year. :D