Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

xNe0

MEMORIES

Hey guys, I thought it would be cool to start a little memories topic so everybody post your funnyest/best memory of otakon 07!

I'll start: one word- RAVE. :D

There was a McDonalds right down the street from the BCC where the workers were obviously not happy about all the anime fans. After the Masquerade a few people went there and everyone was waiting a LONG time for their food. A Bleach cosplayer in front of me waited over 25 minutes for a snack wrap and a burger. I waited over 20 for a fry and cinnamon melt.

Waiting was the best time I had though. They kept switching registers and a group behind me got cut off, so all the cosplayers started goofing off. No one was really angry, we were having a good time joking around...though our good moods seemed to make the workers even angrier. I almost got into a dance off with a group behind me =p

Also, the impromptu Death Note photo shoot Saturday at 4:30. I went as Near and had a Mello holding a gun to my head and a Matt with a yaoi paddle pretending to spank meh =p That shoot got dirty pretty quick :D

The 'Awesome' sign that was taped on the glass. If you saw it, you know what I mean.

Had a lot of fun times. I spent a lot of time being a dumbass. And spent a lot of hours on Melee controlling the tv, cause no one could kick me and my teammate(s) off except other people we knew before Otakon. >_>

Had a lot of fun times. I spent a lot of time being a dumbass. And spent a lot of hours on Melee controlling the tv, cause no one could kick me and my teammate(s) off except other people we knew before Otakon. >_>

My tea party! Technically it's not really Otakon, but there's nothing so cool as hearing a large group of frilly girls singing "Love Shack"! The food was really great, too :3

4 hour wait for 15secs with Steve Blum when there was a 90% chance of not seeing him at all.

VIC & STEVE SHOW!!!

My main Otakon 2007 memories (outside of "AWESOME"):

-Getting my Negima art box signed by Mamiko Noto (who voices my favorite Negima girl, Nodoka).

-The male Azumanga upskirt moment during Thursday pre-reg.

I'll give you a hint, most of my memories are from FMA themed stuff. Don't say I didn't warn you! :D

-> being told by some homeless guy that I had a 'cool cape'! XD

-> The Elric Brother's Panel -> Friggin AWESOME!

-> The Vic and Steve Show -> Sad I had to miss half of it to go wait in line for Vic's signature, but what I saw was amazing.

-> Vic doing Ed's "Stick the feet on your head' Ed rant and doing a Kamehameha! XD

-> Getting Vic & Aaron's signature on my anime art book. *happy dance*

-> Selling 3 out of 5 pieces in the Art Show! Fanart FTW! First artwork of mine sold evers! I'm ecstatic and currently too excited to fall asleep.

-> Getting a sweeet hotel the week before Otakon -> the room came with a 32' screen tv, a fridge, a dishwasher, a microwave, not one but TWO TOASTERS, and wireless internet for only $99 a night and was only 15 minutes away.... 8)

-> Giving a picture I inked of the Elric brothers to Vic, being told by him that it was beautiful and seeing that he was clearly impressed. Gave me warm fuzzie feelings all 6 hours home. I still feel fuzzy. *ish on cloud nine*

-> Meeting a kid who looked so much like Alphonse Elric as human that it was if Al came to life. The kicker was finding out his name really was Al! (it wasn't short for Alphonse though)

But the best of all was when I got a free box. Nothing beats getting a free box to hold your junk in. :)

Getting a hotel 3 blocks from the con, in May. Not only that, but there was ZERO payment required before we showed up, and it was a suite. Living room FTW! (Everybody was actually able to fit in the room this year)

Those one or two cosplayers that made you stop, stare, and think "how the heck did they even get in?"

Not getting hurt, and not breaking my glasses this year. ;)

Watching my 15 year old niece get autographs and hugs from the Elric brother voice actors at the industry booth in the dealer's room, and getting pictures of it. It made her weekend, and probably her year.

Me and my friends were bored while waiting for the Masquerade so we started singing and people around us starting singing too. It was great.

-The Signs that said "The Dealer's Room...SERIOUSLY" and all the other funny things they said as you followed them.

-Controlling Virtua Fighter 5 for most of the day.

-Watching Lei Fei beat everyone with...Lei Fei. He was the guy who won the Virtua Figher 5 tournament using his own personal controller.

-The Rave in the side room...anyone who was in there, you already know what I mean.

And tons more things that it would take too long to mention. Next time I'm going to bring more money though and hopefully have my Organization XIII outfit by then from Abbyshots and be able to participate in the LARP and Masquerade. I hope I can do all that and still be a Gofer.

Some things that will stick with me:

1. Meeting Maki Murakami and getting my "Shuichi and Kumagoro" bag signed by her.

2.The "AWESOME" sign.

3. Getting to see people that I only get to see at con and being with my friends.

4.Interesting photo shoots.

5.Getting my hand kissed by Lord Cain. :D

6. My awesome room mates.

7. Not bombing in the karaoke room this year and the Otacafe staff finally getting my name right.

8. Finally getting into the Yaoi panel.

9.Finally being able to put faces to the names of some of the BBS members.

10. Seeing Ritsuka-kun (Loveless) getting dancing lessons from the Emperor (The Emperor's New Groove) on Sunday. Dude it was priceless.. I just hope the picture will come out.

EDIT:

11.This was also on Sunday, watching my friend Fred give the performer on the karaoke stage a Death Note.... and the performer playing furiously for like 20 seconds and then dropping to the floor.

This was the first con I have ever went to, and I must say, I am very, very glad I went! I had an amazing time here. Where to start, where to start...

-- Playing the various versions of Street Fighter at the con with a bunch of different opponents was a ton of fun. I didn't always win (ok, I lost a lot) but I did seem to make a reasonance with people since I would usually play different characters other than Ken and Akuma and manage to last a while. :D Indeed, a couple of people who recognized me in the Dealer's Room later that day nicknamed me "Remy" (after the character I frequently played) to discuss stuff about the game/how other players at the con were faring.

-- Meeting Maki Murakami, which was pretty interesting. The woman is that humble -- when I went to shake her hand, she actually seemed almost too shy to do it. It was adorable! But yeah, she was a very polite and friendly woman, I got stuff signed by her, and it was nice to be able to meet her.

That also reminds me. There was a big line waiting for her, and I happened to be one of the last ones to get in. I remember being told my chances for seeing her were nonexistant... and I still managed to get through. How satisfying that the wait was worth it. :twisted:

-- I'm sure this is something you all are used to already, but I thought it was awesome to no end to eat lunch in a public park or plaza and see groups of cosplayers wandering around the city. A nice familiar sight, and I knew whom to follow if I ever got lost in the city (which happened once or twice, I confess. )

-- Didn't go to the 4chan panel (napped through it), but I did hang out around the line and it was amusing. I napped through the actual panel, alas, but it seemed like when even the line was a blast to be in, you had something going there.

-- The yaoi panel was tons of fun. I was debating if I should stick to going to bed at a reasonable hour or sticking around for the panel, and I'm glad I did. Laughing at wacky images, and talking to the girls whom seemed happy to see a male go into these things.

-- Most random moment: someone waiting in one line complimented me on how I seemed to look thin and in shape. Interesting. ^^;

-- Finally, a lot of the little things. Hanging out and seeing cosplayers go back and forth, buying stuff in the artist's alley, the "AWESOME" sign, socializing and meeting people here and there, recognizing people from elsewhere who made it to the con... all in all, yeah, I'm glad I went. I'm surely coming back next year!

For me, the best memories were anything and everything to do with AAA. They were the reason I went, and it was all completely amazing. <3

Also, the rave was a lot of fun. The side room really was a lot better than the main floor. The main floor was too lighted and the dj was too poppy. I didn't like it. The side room was dark and crowded and the beat was darker and easier to dance to. Also, my friends and I got free glowsticks!

The 'rave' area: Year after year, one of my favorite gigs and favorite crowds to play for. (A tip: pay attention to who is DJing when you hear what you do and don't like!)

Matt Herms! One of my favorite artists. It was very nice to stand around and chat with him for a while, I didn't realize he was going to be at the con.

Memories

Being called Epic Fail Guy 1000 times then finding out who he is!

Being dragged to the 4chan panel by strangers that thought I was over 18 and cosplaying as epic fail guy.

Getting My picture taking about 20 times by strangers, and I wasn't cosplaying.

Getting asked by strangers why theres so many people with badges and costumes walking around.

The Hug line, The yaoi paddle spanking, The Gofer trying to break it up, then us all group hugging the Gofer.

Good times, Good times.

[x] meeting Maki Murakami in a Reiji cosplay and having her practically fangirl over my bazooka and name tag. "XMR! XMR!" XDD

[x] Hanging out with the new Pirate King due to some confusion in the Catch The Barrel Game. GO PIRATES!

[x] Having so many people stop me by saying "DUDE! Popsicle stick keyblade! How long did that take?"

[x] Fighting a giant Heartless as Roxas

[x] Fighting K-san as Reiji

[x] Doing the Bing Bang dance in the Dealer's Room with Sailor Stephanie!

[x] Paying for a hug from Doctor Black Jack (With Fake money, it was my friend in cosplay XD) and having the good Doctor sign my DVD

So much, really, but that's the big'uns I remember

In no particualr order:

The Miroku cosplay that got together on Friday, searching out fangirls, and then all of at once "will you bear our children?"

The girl cosplaying Miroku that apparently got a pair of panties from someone and hung them on her staff.

The dance!

The staff girl that I met once at the dance and then again in a hall on Sunday that I'm sure would have hungout with me if she hadn't been on duty both times (dang, I wish I had thought to ask her name and contact info!)

The two Naruto cosplay girls that used their yaoi paddle on me numerous times XD

The little girl that ran up to me and asked if she could use a yaoi paddle on me.

Deadpool and Ironman cosplayers! I definetly got a picture of them!

Getting my The Last Unicorn DVD signed.

I can't even remember half the crazy things that happened. >.>;;

1) Trying to fight Sephiroth with a half-empty bottle of iced green tea.

2) Watching Yuffie try to ninja her way up a wall.

3) Stalking an Aeris and ending up hanging out with her for hours. XD

4) Getting attacked by Domo-kun after snapping a picture.

5) Getting free candy from the quest guy.

6) Random battle with a cactuar.

-Playing Twinkle Star Sprites with essentially the same three people over and over.

-A girl who stood with her arms extended outside one of the video rooms Saturday night and gave out free hugs. At first I thought she was pretending to be a statue of Lady Justice or doing some kind of very subtle, midare-style interpretive dance; then I saw her hug people. Whoever you are, thanks for hugging this befuddled dirty old man!

-Taking candid shots of cosplayers and then having them get mad at me for not letting them pose. (Trust me, it makes for much more interesting photography for Morrigan to be sitting around eating with someone in plainclothes than to have her snarl and make hand motions at the camera. Of course, maybe that's just me.)

-Spending time with the many people with whom it was my privilege to spend time during the weekend. You know who you are, and you rock.

Yelling "Ninja storm, ranger form, HA!" at a Power Rangers Ninja Storm cosplayer. :twisted: (And then getting his photo.)

Running into so many of my friends from high school I haven't seen in 4 or 5 years. :o

Meeting a couple people from Gaia Online who happened to be from very near where I used to live, and hanging out with them and complaining about Delaware. :lol:

Waking up Monday morning and going "what time is it? ... what DAY is it? .... what hotel is this?" *ahem* :oops:

LoL. I remember that I was chasing a domo and as i was, i tripped and fell, hurting both my knee caps and cutting my wrists. People laughed at me XD i thought it was funny...

No particular order:

watching Jack and the Doctor reunite in the streets outside of BCC into a leaping hug (while playing frogger with deadly B-more traffic)

getting asked by two very burly security guards "is it a dude or a chick?"

success in the hunt for Kenpachi stuffs ^.^

swing, salsa and disco at the rave

check the poo jokes all Saturday night

- Meeting Peter Beagle and getting Peter Beagle's autograph

-Getting to hang out with a friend I hadn't seen for years because he was in Iraq.

-Getting to see my friends from my college that I hadn't seen since Katsucon.

-Talking to the female Red shirt who was absolutely thrilled to be working during Otakon. =D

-Seeing "Fencer of Minerva" with an audience. lol.

-that guy dressed up in that crazy nice Bawls outfit

-the amazing rock lee that i saw. he was using crutches (i think he was really hurt,hope he is ok, but it added to the cosplay)

-The fencer of minerva showing on saturday was PURE gold! i will never forget that

-the 2 brother and sister naruto and sakura who where play fighting on the terrace. that was realll good

-and last but not least fighting neo and superman!

My greatest memory from this year was when me and my friend entered the 2007 masquerade. I was Link that played the songs on the Ocarina, BTW.

I loved everything since it was my first con.

I did some stupid stuff. The first Sephirtoth I ran up to and said, "SEPHIE!!!"

I also had some girl say, "I love you Kid!" (cosplayed as Kid from CC) on Sunday.

Also, the faces that one lady made at me when I walked past her.

Oh and the Superman/ Neo fight. HALARIOUS!

Otakon '07 was my first big con ever, so the whole thing was a great memory! ^^

Going to the rave will be stuck in my head, I had such an amazing time there.

Watching AMV Hell 3.14 in the theatre on Sunday.

And the drive from the Jersey shore was absolutely beautiful.

Otakon '07, I'll never forget you! =3

A bit late but....

- The awesome people I small talked with. They were actual decent people to talk to and very nice. I forgot to get their AIMs for most of them XD

- The Death Note meet. So much fun. Doing the "L: Loser" pose, finding only 1 Ryuk, writing our contact info in everyone's Death Notes...I hope I don't die! It 'twas just a fun time.

- Seeing Hellsing OVA 2 + 3. Although the room was packed and some people had to leave due to a fire hazard. But hearing Crispin Freeman along with bloodshed sooths me to sleep. But they showed the subbed version of OVA 3 and the back half started "AAWWWWWW WTH!?!?". But, I still enjoyed it.

- Metting one of my GaiaOnline friends. However, I forgot to make his Death Note but it was still nice to meet him. If only I had found the other 3....

- My DR shopping spree. Next year...bring...moar...money....

- Umm....EVERYTHING?!?!?!

Yea, that's it.

- Metting one of my GaiaOnline friends. However, I forgot to make his Death Note but it was still nice to meet him. If only I had found the other 3....

I'll find you next year D4rk...

Or you could you know, try and find me.

people took my pic, even though i wasn't cosplaying as anything in particular, haha

the Link that played the flute at the masquerade!!! AMAZING!!!! if anyone knows that person, it was one of probably the best skit, being an accoplished musician, myself :3

1. Getting to meet Maki Murakami. She is such a cute women :blush: She drew me a picture and I love it *squeee*

2. Seeing people in their cosplay in line getting icecream outside the BCC. Kenshin likes vanilla icecream ^^

3. Taking 100's of picutures.

4. Shopping in the dealers room!

Definitely the autographs - I've never done the autograph thing before, I thought waiting in line would be boring, but I met the greatest Haruko cosplayer ever and had a blast talking to her! And Jennifer Sekiguchi was so full of Awesome! Morio Asaka was really cool, he even signed my friend's Death Note (even though he had nothing to do with the manga/anime, I think he was confused, then suspicious, then amused)

4chan line - I've never actually been in to the 4chan panel... the line almost always seems to be cut off right before me and my friends. The line is always strange and funny in its own way. This last year it was literally cut off one person before me. I was kind of ticked, but since we didn't wait half a day in line like the dedicated btards ahead of us, I can't complain. Seeing the 4chan line guy (seems like this same staffer always has the undesirable task of telling people that the room is full) in the dealer's room and shouting "4chan closed" at him, watching him become confused, then frightened, then (when he saw I was smiling) amused, was pretty funny.

Seeing Scott and the Otakudom/S.T.E.A.M. crew in the Fan Parody panel was awesome, as usual.

Bad Anime, Bad! - We almost didn't hit this panel, but I'm SOOO glad we did. If this makes a return this year, I'm there.

I Can't Believe You Haven't Seen This - As usual, amusing and awesomeful.

Slowly getting over my shyness - every year I ask more cosplayers for pictures, I participate in more events instead of just watching, and I haggle more ferociously in the dealer's hall. Every year I have a better time!

Otaku Idol - even though I was totally not prepared and looked like a total moron up on stage (this year I shall come prepared!), it was fun, I got free manga out of it, and I met some cool people! Going barhopping afterwards was EPIC and probably my best memory from this year!

My greatest memory from this year was when me and my friend entered the 2007 masquerade. I was Link that played the songs on the Ocarina, BTW.

I think my favorite moment was when I saw a guy dressed as a ninja trip and fall on his way up the stairs.

Ninjas are not allowed to fall!! :D Costume inconsistency!

Ah, looking back at 2007, this OTAKON was the wildest of the five OTAKONs I've been to beginning in '03. What made it so was that I fell ill on saturday and threw up during the Lolita Fashion panel (not in the room though). Anyways, this OTAKON I think will go down as an unqualified success after the debacle this year's 'Expo was. Opening up the registration booths a half-hour early on Friday was an ingeniously good move by the staff. The cosplayers continued to amaze me as always with new and different ideas...

...and I'll have to continue this later. PioneerB out!

Lets see if I can remember back that far... oh yeah...

- Maki Murakami panel - there were some awesome cosplayers there and it was tons of fun. Sadly, I missed the autograph session ;_;.

- Seki Tomokazu panel - he did all our favorite character voices! Chichiri no da! :D etc. And he did the seme/uke skit - if you were there omg, awesome!

- Yaoi panel, of course! - It has been better in past years, but it was still fun to be around all the yaoi otaku.

- Hanging out with friends I only get to see a few times a year.

- Artists Alley this year was awesome! I bought so much Death Note and Yaoi swag! Death Note stickers, keychains, bookmarks... and, the Hiiro x Duo buttons. Woot!

Yeah, now that I think about it...it was a good Otakon. ^_^

Seki and Murakami, in general.

Para Para panel, for the total unorganized mess that it was.

BLUE ARMY

Doing the Algorithm March with some people outside of Subway

Owning DDR with a friend

Gothic Lolita panel (the more advanced one, I guess.)

Kon fight.

1) floor destroying each circle in the rave

2.) starting a cypher w/ my homies goofball, justroc with the bazooka box ^_^

3.) ripping people in street fighter 3rd strike and mario kart

4.) having fun for my 4th time at otakon

5.) enjoying the freedom of getting away from work and home

6.) feeling younger and younger each time i go

7.) beautiful ladies in costume

8.) the TASTY house, baltimore club, and breaks those djs in the side room were playing...eargasm like whoa 0_0