Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Clutch

A thank you to the staff

We tend to focus on the little things that didn't go well, and forget the huge amount of work that goes into Otakon each year. I wanted to personally thank all of you that made the con available to us. Your dedication is greatly appreciated. :D

A round of well deserved applause for all of you :!:

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

I am in complete agreement, for you guys to consistently bring the convention every year is something to truly be appreciated.

Ah, you beat me to it XD

Agreed! And so many things went right this year, it would be hard to complain! The pre-reg line was lightning fast, the guests were amazing, all the staff I spoke with were friendly and well informed.

Also, good job to all the cosplayers! I went as Near and had the best time, everyone's outfits were so good :D

Excellent job this year!!!

thank you staff for putting together a great con. we appreciated it!

big shout to the panel ops for being on top of your game! especially meredith for busting her rear end to make sure things were square!

Guest Ranmah

I'm glad you folks appreciated the Con. They'll reply back as soon as possible.

Yes! Thank you! Thank you so much for Otakon and all of the hard work that you put in to make this convention the experience I look forward to every year!

Here! Here!

My sincere thanks to everyone who worked so hard to give us a great long weekend of anime, music, and fun!

Great work! Thank you!

Seriously, thanks to the staff. Lou, you totally rock. The lovely Eva Monkey, you are very awesome and I'm so sorry I missed your panel. Thanks to the guy who did the sound for us in Panel 3 for the Zombie panel too. I'm sorry I don't remember your name but you were a huge help. Also, thanks to Clark for putting up with me and my raffle tickets.

A big, BIG <3 to all of you.

The staff members present for the 4-chan panel line deserve a metal.

Quoted for truth, it was quite debacle, one I'm personally glad I didn't get sucked into.

The lovely Eva Monkey, you are very awesome and I'm so sorry I missed your panel.

Lovely? That's a new one. :oops:

To staff, gofers, TCG's, board members, and others they dragged along for the ride, I salute you. Excellent work.

And props to Brian (Press Ops), for working really hard to make everybody's work, including my own, as easy as he could. And for asking half the questions during the AAA conference, much appreciated. To Meredith, for working hard to make sure my panel, and several others, did not get lost in the dust due to a clerical error. And to all my friends on staff--Matt, Mike, Steven, thanks you guys.

Yes I deeply want to thank the staff, gofers, and everyone who had a hand in making Otakon this year a possibility and I'm strongly considering being a Gofer for next year so that I can see more of what goes into it and actually be active the whole time instead of just milling around in the Video Game room all the time lol.

I will admit, I wasn't too happy with staff at previous cons ('05 and '06 to be exact) but this year, WOW. Lines were well organized and went lighting quick. Also, the seating for the AMV's and Masquerade was AMAZING. I went to both events late but still got a fairly good seat, which is amazing considering the amount of people that went. Kudos to all Otakon staff, 2007 was an amazing year, one I won't soon forget. =D>

Thank you all! You kept us in line but you were still very fun! Thank you all so much, And especially to that gofer that let us give him a group hug.

Thank you for one of my best otakon yet! The line organization was crazy amazing. Just about everything I went to started right on time. The guests were awesome. The staff was pretty pleasant, even if they weren't helpful. A big thank you to everyone who made the weekend n overall success. I hope you all are getting some well-deserved sleep.

Thanks all around. I had a great time and yall worked really hard to make 07' a huge success. I appreciate all of your hard work and dedication. Rest easy, because 08' is going to be outrageous!

This year was FANTABULOUS. It really felt like all of the problems with last year were at the very least addressed, if not completely resolved. I could really tell that everyone was giving it their all!

I'm going to echo a sentiment that the staff, in my opinion, and based solely on my crew's personal experience with them, were amazing. I've been going to cons for a good while now and this is the first time my folks and I have ever truly noted and discussed with each other how fantastic not only the con staff was, but especially the convention center staff. It was so absolutely noticeable to us that we actually had a sit down talk about it Saturday evening.

For some, this may seem out of character for me, but it isn't. I call things how I see them, and if I see something crummy, I'll say something. I will also give a bellowing shout out and back pats to spare when something really goes right, and staff went very, very right at con in my opinion.

^^ I'm very appreciative of the staff for otakon. >> if it weren't for them, hobos would probably chase us down and scream bloody murder. =D plus, >> i dont think anybody here wants another anime expo incident happening like this year. ^^ plus, if they didnt organize the con, well, we'd all be S.O.O.L >> Thank you staffers, go-ers, con-goers, and people who advertised the mountain dew game fuel. <3

YES, a VERY huge thank you to the entire staff, Otakon and BBC alike. Almost everyone I met was so very friendly to me... even though sometimes I was asking stupid questions in the very early hours of the morning. XD Especially the people down in Con Ops who got to deal with me all bright and early on Friday morning coming in with a kajillion questions for them when the equally awesome Info Desk people couldn't answer the con-goers for me. Mad props to ALL of you for keeping the smiling faces and pleasant attitudes throughout. It was a real joy working with you, and I will definitely be back to do it again next year. =D

Coming from one of the staff thank you all for these heart felt thanks, it warms my heart to see the appriciate you all have for the hard work that goes in behind the scenes. I have to thank my fellow staffers for making this a Otakon I will Never forget. Thank you all.

Seriously, thanks to the staff. Lou, you totally rock. The lovely Eva Monkey, you are very awesome and I'm so sorry I missed your panel. Thanks to the guy who did the sound for us in Panel 3 for the Zombie panel too. I'm sorry I don't remember your name but you were a huge help. Also, thanks to Clark for putting up with me and my raffle tickets.

A big, BIG <3 to all of you.

Thank you! All of you for coming and enjoying yourselves. I am glad the lines went well and I will make sure to let my staff know that you appreciated their hard work.

Thank you! All of you for coming and enjoying yourselves. I am glad the lines went well and I will make sure to let my staff know that you appreciated their hard work.
Your welcome, Rea, and thank you for the sign again.

Great job this year as always.... You guys were extremely helpful in every way.

I have to agree with this as well. I have always found Otakon staff to be excellent, especially the awesome old guy with the funny hair at the registration line.

One more thing to the Spec Ops, I lost my voice and I found most of it today and I got a blister on my big toe from working the Masquerade line and it was all good because I had fun and all of the staffer were very consered for my well being and everyones around the con.

Also thanks to the con goers that gave me water at the reg. line friday and at the masquerade line (outside). And the gofer that gave me his chips at the airwall door in the dealers room, thanks.

I have to agree with this as well. I have always found Otakon staff to be excellent, especially the awesome old guy with the funny hair at the registration line.

If you mean Chuck (with his enormous pile of reg badges), then yeah, he's a hoot.

so many thanks . . . :shock:

quick lock this thread before they start going to our heads :P/

so many thanks . . . :shock:

quick lock this thread before they start going to our heads ^_^/

Don't worry, J, they don't mean YOU. :P

I want to say "Loves" to all of the Spec ops who signed the "Line End Here" sign for me and all of the other staffers that I had worked with.

Thanks for all the comments. And I'd like to second all the props to Meredith for literally taking a crumbling pile of bricks and building a pretty stable house inside of a month, and Lou who provided the mortar.

I want to say "Loves" to all of the Spec ops who signed the "Line End Here" sign for me and all of the other staffers that I had worked with.

Wait a minute, I thought you were called Super Gofer because of the great job you were doing.... but that's your forum handle??? Hmmm... ;-)

Actually it was because of the job I was doing but I figured people would realize who I was if I changed my forum handle it was just gofer_663 but after this year I changed it.

Thanks for all the comments. And I'd like to second all the props to Meredith for literally taking a crumbling pile of bricks and building a pretty stable house inside of a month, and Lou who provided the mortar.

I did what anyone would have done. And it wouldn't have been possible if the panels staff weren't so awesome.

......guess I'm gonna be doing this next year too :P

this was my first con ever in the history of my life and i must say it was AWESOME. ty much otakon staff. Kudos old dude with the cat ears!!

That is Chuck Shandry, our Gofer Sempai and regular Registration and all around staffer.

How do we go about nominating a staffer for a Hiroshi?

Send a note through the Otakon website, and mark it to the Con Chair attention, and in the subject line put "Hiroko-chan award".

For those who were not aware, the individual staff are recommended for an internal award for good service and positive attitude.

If you have a particular staff member that you appreciated, or thought went above and beyond the call of duty, please follow the instructions above and nominate them for the Hiroko-chan Award.

If you don't know their name, put their department, how they helped you, and a description to help us track them down.

Chuck Shandry is one of the coolest people in conrunning. I know him even though I am not on Otakon staff. He is the type of person you want helping out. He loves fandom in general. The hat is memorable, also.

I am late to this thread because of San Diego Comic Con. Otakon is a much better run convention than SDCC. People are able to see panels and main events thanks to the work of spec ops in loading a room in 25 minutes. I am disappointed that I am leaning towards the Worldcon of Science Fiction in Denver next year over Otakon.