Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KSweeley

Otakon 2007 Lost and Found Thread.

I'm starting a lost and found thread now. I lost on Friday, my black PSP that has the Nickname of KSweeley and has the latest firmware on it and has a Jackass UMD inside the UMD drive, did anyone find it?

Lost: One white iPod USB cable, somewhere around Panel 2, sometime after 11 AM today.

Call BCC Public Safety to check their lost and found. I did, it hasn't turned up, but they advised me to keep calling as it may turn up.

Don't know if it was recovered, and it's probably a lost cause, but my friend Ed lost his wallet in the Dealer's Room on Friday.

Don't know what the wallet looks like, but it would have a NJ ID card - looks like a license but it's not, and a Ramapo College ID card.

Please note me with any info and I will pass the information along to him.

Sadly I managed to lose the first thing in 8 years and I bought this camera just for this convention.

It's a Sony Cybershot, silver, 7.2 megapixels (I say that since its printed on the front) with pictures of lots of things but most notably my Guilty gear cosplay which was a girl in a flaming orange dress with a giant black anchor. I'm guessing whatever happened to it Saturday night the person who found it probably kept it : (

I filed a report for it but also note me if you found it. Hopefully my karma for returning two other people cameras I found scattered around and a wallet will bring MY camera home to me!

I don't know if the person found it or not, but I was told somebody lost a digital camera in Panel 1. I asked the people to look around the room for it with no luck, hopefully he got his camera back.

did anyone find a black nextel i710? it should have a sunset as the background.

Gah, I lost my wallet somewhere around the convention center -- it's black and puffy-looking (my descritptive powers are impressive, I know) and it contains my license, debit card, some old pennies, and some free sushi and milk tea cards.

Someone please find iiiiiitttt. :) I already put my card on hold 'cuz I don't wanna cancel it. There's not even any cash in the wallet.

oh my god i found the phone i think and the ccamera and a staff badge and some chicks licence not sure if its what you guys lost or not but i turned them in to various staff so there is a good shot on finding it oh and to the owner of a black ds light.. i found your top screen but sadly the rest of it was well not atached to it oh and allso a stuffed brown floppy dog a red base ball cap a skull wallet chain and part yes only part of of bleech blade battles i think it was a shard of the disc looked like it was on ps2 oh and if any one found a small turtle koopa key chain im missing it

Folks,

Not speaking officially, but you'd be utterly amazed at the amount of stuff that does get turned in to Lost and Found at Con Operations--over the years, we've actually "lost it" and either fallen down laughing or politely shouted common sense at folks when they tried to turn in randomly lost $1 and/or $5 bills!!!!!!! :shock: :roll: ;)

Would someone else on Staff kindly post the protocol regarding lost items again? I believe it's "we keep them until the last staffers leave the BCC, and then we turn over what's left to the BCC Office of Public Safety (read: security guards).

The phone # for the BCC is 410-649-7000; the e-mail is info@bccenter.org ; ask to be referred to the Office of Public Safety. If we ever got it, it's probably down there now.

You also might try:

Assistant Director of Public Safety

James Holiday

(410) 649-7081

jholiday@bccenter.org

Assistant Director of Public Safety

Steven Schwartz

(410) 649-7397

sschwartz@bccenter.org

[back to locomotives in Roanoke--yep, I'm in Roanoke, Va. already while the rest of Otakon staff are still staggering and limping out of their hotel rooms! Yep, busy da**ed life I lead.....]

Damn . . . I didn't even know the con had a lost and found. blah

Anyway, I lost two movie posters (V for Vendetta & Serenity) that I bought at the dealers room.

I do have a question though, I did file one of their lost item reports, will they hand those over to the BCC police/staffers?

Lost: Friday night, approx. 1:30am Saturday. (After the Hentai panel.)

My Motorola i275 phone. Looks like the i265, but silver & black.

The Lost and Found forms filled out at Info Desk have been passed onto the BCC security along with several remaining IDs and other mispalced items.

/viewtopic.php?p=155376&highlight=#155376">The Flying Scotsman is completely on the nose here. The BCC's Public Safety will do their best to return all lost or missing items.

And I *know* I'm breaking protocol here, but I hope Imnotdrchris or meatswinger44 will PM me about something they've lost. As a former starving-artist, I felt sorry and decided to return it to them immediately.

I found the license and a room key card from the Sheraton (former Wyndham) on Sunday. They belonged to a guy from CT. The hotel checked the key card and said the people in that room hadn't checked out and that security would bring the license to the room. I'm hoping that the guy got his license. I was going to mail it to him if he had checked out of the hotel. I was sort of not all that comfortable leaving it with the hotel people so if the guy from Stamford,CT who stayed at the Sheraton is reading this please post to let me know you got it. Thanks :)

My roommate lost an entire bag of items somewhere in the Artists' Alley. The bag included:

Bleach T-shirt (XL)

Bleach PSP Game

Yuki bobblehead

Gameboy DS and several games.

She's very upset over the entire situation. If you happened to find these items, PLEASE let me know! -_-

Cool, thanks for the contact info to the BCC itself. Problems for me seemed,. I'd checked the Infromation Desk's lost & found... but also heard that there was one at the registration booths as well.. where was ConOps?

X.X Hopefully they might have it.. or hell, might just grab myself a new one anyways...

Ooo thanks for the BCC contact number. Now I just have to remember to call them this week. I lost my camera sunday just before we were going to leave ;_;

I'm starting a lost and found thread now. I lost on Friday, my black PSP that has the Nickname of KSweeley and has the latest firmware on it and has a Jackass UMD inside the UMD drive, did anyone find it?

Do you remember where you lost it by any chance? I was a gofer in the video rooms on Friday morning and someone did turn in a PSP to me that someone had left behind. It was then turned into to the lost and found at Otakon. So there is a chance they might have it.

As far as stuff getting turned in and not stolen...while being a gofer, I had a PSP and a black bag that were left behind handed to me by other congoers (both were handed in to the lost and found)...so for the most part...I'd say we have a pretty honest group of congoers with us.

I did lose it on Friday in a video room IIRC.

Sadly I managed to lose the first thing in 8 years and I bought this camera just for this convention.

It's a Sony Cybershot, silver, 7.2 megapixels (I say that since its printed on the front) with pictures of lots of things but most notably my Guilty gear cosplay which was a girl in a flaming orange dress with a giant black anchor. I'm guessing whatever happened to it Saturday night the person who found it probably kept it : (

I filed a report for it but also note me if you found it. Hopefully my karma for returning two other people cameras I found scattered around and a wallet will bring MY camera home to me!

someone lost their keys right before the Yaoi panel on saturday night; I was the staff member that tried to help you locate them. If you're reading this, I hope you were able to recover them. =)

when i went into the room as they were seating- i asked that it be announced to look for them. then when they couldn't be located, i walked with you to retrace your steps and when we got by con-ops (since you didn't know where it was) i pointed out to you where it was.

anywho, i just was hoping you found them alright. :)

What number do I exactly need to call to contact BCC's public safety office? I'm planning on calling them today to see if they have my PSP and if they do, see if I can visit the BCC and pick it up.

Link to the various contact people for the BCC.

http://www.bccenter.org/about/departments.html

Regular channel to contact BCC:

http://www.bccenter.org/about/contact.html

Maryland State Office of Tourism

http://www.mdisfun.org/

Maryland State Office of Tourism

http://www.mdisfun.org/

The...website URL...for our Office of Tourism...is seriously...Maryland is Fun?

:) Just when I think this state couldn't get any lamer. New evidence is brought forth.

LOL I know! Right? I was looking over the website and doing a "O.o" number. :)

Do you remember where you lost it by any chance? I was a gofer in the video rooms on Friday morning and someone did turn in a PSP to me that someone had left behind. It was then turned into to the lost and found at Otakon. So there is a chance they might have it.

As far as stuff getting turned in and not stolen...while being a gofer, I had a PSP and a black bag that were left behind handed to me by other congoers (both were handed in to the lost and found)...so for the most part...I'd say we have a pretty honest group of congoers with us.

Well, unfortunately, I just called 410-649-7000 and told the operator that I lost something during Otakon and she transferred me to Public Safety and I talked with Public Safety and he placed me on hold and then came back a few moments later telling me that no PSPs had been turned into the Public Safety office.

Well, I'm going to try my luck.

I lost a pair of glasses.

Not sunglasses, prescription glasses. x__x Black, with clear frames, that's it, I suppose.

How?

Usually, when I take photos, I take my glasses off. I could've rested it somewhere and it disappeared after that...But I was tired that evening...

So...If anyone finds it, which I highly doubt at this point, send me a PM.

Well, this is disturbing... Can anyone on Otakon staff who was involved with lost and found remember receiving a lost PSP sometime on Friday that was found lost in Video 5 right after Bastof Syndrome by a gofer who was working in Video 5 and can anyone recall if it was given to the public safety office of the Baltimore Convention Center?

I'm asking because I just received this email suggesting I contact Otakon regarding my lost PSP:

Kun Sun Sweeley

to info, jholiday, sschwartz Jul 24

To Whom It May Concern:

I attended Otakon 2007 this past weekend at your facility (Baltimore Convention Center) and on one of the days, I lost my Sony PSP (PlayStation Portable) which is black in color, and under System Information, has KSweeley as a nickname and has system software version 3.51 on it and has inside the UMD optical disk slot, a Jackass UMD disc. Do you have it?

Thank you,

KunSun Sweeley.

Jennifer Douglass <JDouglass>

to me, James, Steven Aug 1 (1 day ago)

Your request is being forwarded to our Public Safety Office for response.

Jennifer J. Douglass

Public Information Officer

Baltimore Convention Center

1 W. Pratt Street

Baltimore, MD 21201-2499

www.bccenter.org

410-649-7021

"Life does not happen to you...it happens through you" Live life, Laugh, and Love!

Steven Schwartz

to me, Jennifer 9:34 am [August 2nd] (2 hours ago)

Kun Sun Sweely,

We do not have a record of your PSP in our files. I suggest that you contact show management and see if anyone turned your missing item into them.

Steve Schwartz

A/D Public Safety

We did recieve a PSP in our lost and found box. It *was* turned over to BCC public safety. I do not know if it was *your* PSP, nor do i know which movies/games were loaded.

Since you are in the area, I encourage you to go there with your photo ID, and ask them to show you the PSP. You will then be able to access the System information, and show that the nickname and photoID match.

I will follow up with our convention center contacts about it. He took the bins down to public safety personally.

Well, unfortunately, I just called 410-649-7000 and told the operator that I lost something during Otakon and she transferred me to Public Safety and I talked with Public Safety and he placed me on hold and then came back a few moments later telling me that no PSPs had been turned into the Public Safety office.

That was a lie. My name is James. I was runnning ConOps and a PSP with Jackass was turned in friday to the lost and found. No one picked it up. at the end of the Con I turned all unclaimed electronics and ID's to BCC. That was late sunday afternoon.

I was told that it might take a week for them to catalog it.

Yes Sam, please contact your BCC contacts and find out what's going on, I would greatly appreciate it!!! And thank you James for that info!!! That has got to be my PSP because I lost it Friday and it did have a Jackass UMD disk in the drive. Also Sam, where at the BCC do I go to see the public safety people and ask about my PSP and what would be a good thing to say to them?

Kun Sun,

"Behind" the BCC on Charles Street, between the BCC and the Sheraton is an access way into the Loading Docks. There is a gated entrance, and a giant window where you can see special officers (white uniforms) working. Give the door with the window a knock, and they'll buzz you in.

I'll try calling tomorrow morning.

Kun Sun,

"Behind" the BCC on Charles Street, between the BCC and the Sheraton is an access way into the Loading Docks. There is a gated entrance, and a giant window where you can see special officers (white uniforms) working. Give the door with the window a knock, and they'll buzz you in.

Thank you Sam, I greatly appreciate it. I don't think I'll be able to make it down to the BCC until sometime next week because I just got promoted to a better position at my workplace and that means a different work schedule. Also can I go down at any time or do they close? I think I might be able to make it down after I get off tomorrow at 6:00 PM

Lost my plastic toy pistol, the design is much like those seen in almost all pirate movies. and I also lost my name badge that has my name "Jarred Justice", I believe it was the Eureka 7 badge.

If you found either, please pm me.

Kun Sun,

Thank you Sam, I greatly appreciate it. I don't think I'll be able to make it down to the BCC until sometime next week because I just got promoted to a better position at my workplace and that means a different work schedule. Also can I go down at any time or do they close? I think I might be able to make it down after I get off tomorrow at 6:00 PM

Sam,

Any luck? And does the public safety office close at a certain time and are they open like Mondays through Fridays or are they also open on weekends too?

hm... I wonder... eh.. what the heck

On Friday, panal 3, *around the time for Noto or Seki Q and A* I lost my motorola razr cell phone. It is darker gray with a dragon design on it. It has a psp white strap on it, and it has a clear casing *a bit bluish in color* on the back of it, but the front one was missing. The backround picture was a picture of Gackt and Hyde.

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g283/Rik...hyde_gacktc.jpg

[this one]

I had checked the lost and found every day at the convention, and I had gone to the lost in found after it had been handed over to the BCC people. Every time it was gone, but I want to confirm with someone who had seen the lost and found stuff if it had been returned at all, or if someone managed to find it at the convention

I lost my sunglasses. (You know how when you put your glasses or a hat on your head and after you take it off it feels like its still there? Thats what happened to me.)

The frames (or whatever the piece that isnt the lens is) are black and the lens usually relfects a blue-purplish color (Then again font most of them?)

If anyone find it please post here or PM me.