Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Linksnightmare

Japanese Wrestling panel 2007

Yo, this is Howard, Otakon 2007 Japanese Wrestling Panelist and Introducer. (I was the crazy guy in the beginning, lol.)

Anyway, I just wanted to thank everyone involved for making this year's panel the best it could be. The fans this year really made it and you all seemed really into it.

I was really surprised at the very long line that we had! I though we had a pretty good turnout last year, but jeez! We were all honored to have you there.

I want to thank the staff as well for helping to get this panel in the works, and hopefully this panel will remain a mainstay for years to come.

We are open to any suggestions for next year's panel, and we want to make it the best it can be.

Thank you.

-Howard Hipp

X_Fadetoblack_X@hotmail.com

I enjoyed it. Also enjoyed the "If you have a question about Liger, he's sitting right back there" comments. heh. Wanted to go to the panel last year but it was a bit to late in the day for me to check it out. I was at the panel at another con that was earlier in the year I believe. ( Not in costume at the time )

Hope this becomes an every year thing & they give you a longer time period to run it. :)

You guys ruled! Next year, petition the con for 2 hours (and perhaps a bigger room?)... but you should definmitely at minimum expand to 2 hours to be able to show more clips!

Thank you for my first exposure to ROH, as well... had heard so much about it, but never saw any before Saturday night.

The panel was good this year, but I know a way to make it better.

When doing a bio of wrestlers, run a video a highlight video of them showing their wrestling style, gimmick, and personality. Talk about the wrestler while the clip is running. It would help everybody understand them better than just a slideshow at the beginning. I have other ideas, ut this one is the best.

Thank you everyone for showing up, there wouldn't be a Japanese Wrestling panel if it wasn't for YOU and again, I thank you.

The panel was good this year, but I know a way to make it better.

When doing a bio of wrestlers, run a video a highlight video of them showing their wrestling style, gimmick, and personality. Talk about the wrestler while the clip is running. It would help everybody understand them better than just a slideshow at the beginning. I have other ideas, ut this one is the best.

I enjoyed it. Also enjoyed the "If you have a question about Liger, he's sitting right back there" comments. heh. Wanted to go to the panel last year but it was a bit to late in the day for me to check it out. I was at the panel at another con that was earlier in the year I believe. ( Not in costume at the time )

Hope this becomes an every year thing & they give you a longer time period to run it. :P

Japanese wrestling legend Misawa is coming to Ring of Honor 11/2&3/2007 in Philly and New York. Misawa has been in the 'business' for over 20 years and was also Tiger Mask II (the character Tiger Mask is based of a manga/anime and also inspired the King character in Tekken). We briefly covered Misawa in our panel and now is your chance to see him live if your near Philly and NY.

Misawa is not coming alone, in Philly the match that will take place will be Misawa & KENTA vs. Morishima & Marufuji. These are some of the top athletes in the NOAH promotion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsuharu_Misawa

http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/article.aspx?id=1576