• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ehehehe...Got a reservation already. Don't exactly know how she did it, as even the website won't allow people to book reservations yet. I called to check their cancellation policy and she just got me a reservation...XD

Yes, at the Days Inn. $179 a night. Dunno what the con rate is since Otakon hasn't posted anything on the site yet. Don't really care if I get the con rate or not, though. Five years and running with the Days Inn, and I don't really want to change to a different hotel next year.

Hey folks, I been doing back and forth emails with the Days Inn. We're going to try to open a few more room blocks at the lowest rate possible (it should be lower than 179$). But until then, you gotta keep that weekend as free as possible. So stop booking there for a few days yet. :)

Hey folks, I been doing back and forth emails with the Days Inn. We're going to try to open a few more room blocks at the lowest rate possible (it should be lower than 179$). But until then, you gotta keep that weekend as free as possible. So stop booking there for a few days yet. :)

With everyone and their third uncle Mick told that reservations start 8/15, holding off till the weekend is likely to result in sold-old hotels (until drop season, by which point the blocks are locked) for the 95% that have windows longer than 330 days.

Although I think you might be able to buy enough of us off with an update to the "next year" page. Nothing like slipping a little "blocks open by 8/27" (even if that really means the 17th) ... information to plot our attack in exchange for holding back the horde seems like a fair trade to me.

well, there's already 100+ rooms in the block that you guys can't touch until my signature is on the paper. I'm just trying to increase that number for y'all. Buuuuuut, looks like y'all don't want the sweeter deal. Oh well. :D

Telling people that here is like telling a male dog to behave himself when he's surrounded with female dogs in heat. 8)

They're taking reservations online as well (and had been as of at least midnight), but the price was even higher, $199 a night =/

And the hotel didn't say they'd start taking reservations for Otakon, specifically, on the 15th...I dunno what other people asked, but when I called, I didn't even mention Otakon and they told me to try back on the 15th...it's just the day they start taking reservations for August 2008 ^^;

If you call 1-800-DaysInn, they take reservations 24 hours a day. The people there are actually pleasant too, compared to the anti-otakon receptionists directly at the Days.

Tried calling the Days directly this morning to ask a few questions, and they're not answering their phones.

It was already too late to call them that night, so I called them the first thing early Tuesday morning, only to be told that all the rooms were already sold-out!

That is mostly our fault, as we basically reserved what they were willing to give as staff block. That's why it was "sold out." :)

I'm handling that a bit differently this year, and trying to hand over the majority of the days inn for you folks.

If you call 1-800-DaysInn, they take reservations 24 hours a day. The people there are actually pleasant too, compared to the anti-otakon receptionists directly at the Days.

Tried calling the Days directly this morning to ask a few questions, and they're not answering their phones.

Seriously, I don't care about the con rate this time around. I'm willing to pay $179 a night to stay in a hotel across the street from the con. I paid more to stay further away in pervious years, so this is a huge convenience for me.

Printed out my room confirmation and got it saved in my email. I'm good to go. :)

I'm on the "waiting list" as well, but perhaps i'll have a better chance since i'm throwing more money their way? :) (Kidding! But yeah, I generally come in Thursday and dont leave until Monday) Good luck everyone!! Also, if you dont mind the walk, the Sheraton (formerly Wyndham) is remodeling all their rooms and they're actually VERY nice. Suicide windows and all! (Yes, the windows opened FULLY in one of our friends rooms, enough for 3 people to...ahhem...walk out shoulder to shoulder *laughs*)

Yeah seriously, screw it, I just made our reservations online, two rooms cost us $1,140 and that's just fine with me.

I mean, what would we save with the Otakon rate, all of 60 bucks a room? It won't matter anyway with all the money I'm gonna be spending next year.

For the record, I did put "Looking for Otakon 2008 Rates" in the Comment Box for my reservation.

But I guess we'll see. If I do end up getting that call from the Days then we'll go with that and cancel the reservation we just made...

Yeah, this was a bad move on the part of the Days Inn.

Well, I just called the 1-800 number and snagged two rooms outside of the con rate, but they said if the rate did become available they would adjust me to it, so either way i'm happy. Thursday thru Monday $1,432.00 Not too bad, tho I did only claim 2 people per room *laughs*

($716 per room, but I realized that was before baltimores lovely 14% hotel tax, so it turns into $816 per room, then $15 a night for parking, and I havent figured out the cost of the mini fridge or microwave yet *laughs*. Oh well, one trip a year, its worth it!)

Yup, it does. I originally was told the $179 rate too, but noticed in my e-mail they misunderstood when I said "4 people", they thought I meant only two per room. So I called back to fix it, and they told me how the rates worked depending on the number of people.

If you only claim two people when you actually have more than that, they have the right to change your rate if their staff notices the difference. I'd rather be honest and not have to worry about it in the long run. Especially when we start running out of towels or toilet paper. ;3

I see (said the blind man)..erm *cough cough*

Yeah, but I always book for 4 because otherwise, you could end up with only one bed. And silly male friends...they refuse to share beds with other guys. :wink:

yeah, that's a good point. I had that happen once before at the Days Inn, and it really sucked. I learned my lesson. XD

It's always funny when we cram three girls into one bed, and there's only one guy in the other, while the second guy sleeps on the floor. lol.

You can choose, but you have to understand that that's a preference. Not a guarantee. If say, you choose 2 full beds for 2 people. If the hotel is overbooked, and they have only one double bed room, it's going to go to the reservation with 4 people over the 2 people. Usually though, you can talk your way into a free rollaway if that happens.
At the website, you can choose what size bed(s) you want. Either 1 Queen, 1 Full, or 2 Full. I chose 2 Full, and it shows on my confirmation receipt.

$15 a night for parking

I hope to God that's true, because I have paid way more then that in previous years at other parking lots.

At the website, you can choose what size bed(s) you want. Either 1 Queen, 1 Full, or 2 Full. I chose 2 Full, and it shows on my confirmation receipt.

$15 a night for parking

I hope to God that's true, because I have paid way more then that in previous years at other parking lots.

Days Inn now says that they won't be taking reservations at the Otakon rate until August 22nd. But they are supposed to be calling people throught that courtesy call list. Knowing my luck, they'll probably call me back when I'm riding my motorcycle where I can't answer the phone.

To everyone who is waiting on that 'call list', call the 800 number. Ask to reserve a room and dont mention otakon till after you give them the dates you want and start the reservation process. If they state that they cant reserve till September for those dates, either ask them to try as you know reservations are open for those dates, or hang up and call back in 30 or so minutes when a different operator is available.

Hope this helps!

But considering the size of the waiting list they set up for the otakon block, I'm pretty sure that the rooms are as good as gone in the con block. Btw, it took them nearly 4 hours to return my call from the initial call back list. I'm assuming the list is pretty big.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.