well, I have two rooms. One for my girl and I, the other for my friends if they decide to come. If noone does, i'll put that room up as available on the boards sometime around june/july next summer~

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, the Days Inn filling up fast isn't anything new. Staff had up until the 15th to work for those extra rooms when everyone was told to wait. We waited until the 15th as told, so anything past that is fair game.

I called around 8:20 or so, and the man took my name and number, telling me I was added to a call back list. Since I didn't get another call later, I guess I'll assume they'll just call me on Wednesday. Either way, I'm glad I got rooms at the normal rate just in case.

If it helps any, a few Days Inns 5-6 miles from the convent center are taking reservations at decent, regular prices. I'm holding out for the one besides the center but just in case grabbed a room for $89 and $109 on different days from Thursday thru Monday

just a thought :wink:

To be honest, the Days Inn filling up fast isn't anything new. Staff had up until the 15th to work for those extra rooms when everyone was told to wait. We waited until the 15th as told, so anything past that is fair game.

I called around 8:20 or so, and the man took my name and number, telling me I was added to a call back list. Since I didn't get another call later, I guess I'll assume they'll just call me on Wednesday. Either way, I'm glad I got rooms at the normal rate just in case.

It's not necessarily just the price that is the driving factor to getting the Days Inn. It's the fact that it's pretty much the closest hotel. For some of us cosplayers that have "obnoxious" costumes, the convenience of the Days Inn and Holiday Inn really can't be beat. I know there are also the hotels attached by skywalk, but between price and location, the afforementioned 2 really can't be beat.

"Initial call back list"? There's more than one?

For some I guess. I called at 830 when I got to work and they said that they would put my name on a call back list just cause they were swamped with the call volume. I got a call back several hours later saying they were putting names on a courtesy call back list for the Otakon rate next wednesday so that we didn't need to keep calling back.

But it seems some people got to be put on the second list right away. :?

Man I tried to book on the website around 11am this morning and it was already full. x_x

Sheesh....

Annnnnd thanks for totally shooting me down... T.T

I'm just being a realist. I mean, as much as I love to go to cons, I also have to pay for a place to live, buy food to eat, and other basic things of life.

Meh, I've got a reservation and that's all that matters right now.

"Thursday thru Monday $1,432.00"

I paid that much for my suite at the Sheraton (well, 1500+change). :P

My sales rep promised me the contract in my inbox today, but failed to deliver. At this point, we're playing phone tag and email tag. Expect updates soon!

"

My sales rep promised me the contract in my inbox today, but failed to deliver. At this point, we're playing phone tag and email tag. Expect updates soon!

Is this just for Days Inn or for more hotels too? At this point I'm about to give up on getting a room at the Days Inn. ^^0 I really want to try for the Holiday Inn because out of the two times I stayed there, I had no problems. However, 2/3 times I stayed at the Radisson I had problems with the room, so I'd really rather not stay there again. x.x

I am waiting on exactly 2 contracts (Days Inn and Sheraton City Center formerly Wyndham). Everything else is set to go.

Actually guys, the cheapest hotel you'll get is the Radisson Plaza Lord Baltimore, and it isn't *that* bad of a walk to the BCC (not much further than say, the Baltimore Arena). It is right next to the Sheraton City Center (connected by skywalk to Sheraton's Restaurant "Shula's").

Prices for the Holiday Inn and the Days Inn skyrocketed this year. Shame, but what can ya do?

Did they really? That surprises me, cause the con rate for the Days Inn last year was $159, which isn't far from the non-con rate I got this year of $199. If the con price went up, then I'm not as determined to get changed over to the con rate. I'm simply happy to have gotten my rooms.

However, 2/3 times I stayed at the Radisson I had problems with the room, so I'd really rather not stay there again. x.x

Eep! Totally missed that part. That's what i get for speed reading responses. What kind of problems?

Eep! Totally missed that part. That's what i get for speed reading responses. What kind of problems?
"Thursday thru Monday $1,432.00"

I paid that much for my suite at the Sheraton (well, 1500+change). :P

Actually guys, the cheapest hotel you'll get is the Radisson Plaza Lord Baltimore, and it isn't *that* bad of a walk to the BCC (not much further than say, the Baltimore Arena)

Yes, but depending on what kind of costume you're wearing, it can be a bit intimidating making that walk at 3 AM!

Did they really? That surprises me, cause the con rate for the Days Inn last year was $159, which isn't far from the non-con rate I got this year of $199. If the con price went up, then I'm not as determined to get changed over to the con rate. I'm simply happy to have gotten my rooms.

Last year's con rate was mostly a formality though since everything was snatched up immediately.

Ttwo words of warning (I was very specific in wrangling them from the reservations agent I spoke with): The calls will be "someday next week" at "sometime in the 8a-11p block that reservations is open." Also, since those calls are courtesy only, once the block opens, all the rooms therein are fair game.

Good hunting.

I called around 8:05 and was put on the call back list. I hope they call early on Wednesday because I wont be home most of the day. :?

If it is, why are there's no info yet on the web page? Also, what exactly are the con rates for these hotels?

I sent the compiled info to Andy yesterday. Expect an update to the website soonish. :)

*Update*

Signed the contract with the Days Inn this afternoon. I'm not sure if I'm able to negotiate a price lower than 199/night for you guys. The important thing is that the contract is signed, and the block is now open to you folks. I'll keep trying to lower that 199 rate to something a bit more reasonable as an addendum to the contract.

Some 200 rooms on peak are being negotiated over at the Sheraton City Center, however their prices have gone up a bit too (comes with the renovations and new brand I guess). I don't have exacts until the contract comes to me, but it is on its way.

Not to take this thread OT, but what about the Holiday Inn Inner Harbor? Do you have a block there? How much/night? When do they begin accepting reservations?

*Update*

Signed the contract with the Days Inn this afternoon. I'm not sure if I'm able to negotiate a price lower than 199/night for you guys. The important thing is that the contract is signed, and the block is now open to you folks. I'll keep trying to lower that 199 rate to something a bit more reasonable as an addendum to the contract.

Some 200 rooms on peak are being negotiated over at the Sheraton City Center, however their prices have gone up a bit too (comes with the renovations and new brand I guess). I don't have exacts until the contract comes to me, but it is on its way.

Just called the Hyatt and they said that all bookings had to go through you, Sam *grin*. Now, I'm pretty sure she was looking at the Otakon staff block and not the member block (if there is one this year, which the guy I spoke to earlier suggested was the case), but after a few minutes I gave up. After having been burned last year losing the con rate before the announcement was ever made on the site, I'm twitchy on potentially missing it again this year.

Should I be able to book Hyatt now? The guy I spoke to earlier said that the contract hadn't been finalized, which I thought may have been just hotel-ese for 'we haven't got it in our system yet'. I really wish I could book it online instead of over the phone.

Thanks!

(EtoileEyes: great minds ^_^)

Has anyone heard on the Hyatt yet? Rates and/or it's full already? I can't believe how crazy the hotels are this year with the waiting lists and what not... I should expect it though since it is Otakon lol :wink:

Sorry to double post on this... we must have posted close to the same time lol

I called Days earlier and they told me they still only had the list and hadn't started the reservations yet.

Holiday Inn told me to call back in September.

Radisson said they have Thursday and Friday night available, but no Saturday nights available.

Sheraton has rooms available. The non-con rate is 359.95 per night.

Holiday Inn is a flat 189 per night. Rooms available thurs - sun. I'm not sure when they'll start reservations.

Online is 50 week window, so at least another week.

Drat, between the block and not enough folks distracted by the Days Inn all those lovely 140-something rooms at the former Wyndam are gone. Looking more and more like I should've just grabbed the room when their system first opened up earlier this week.

Hold it.....so....Are we going to get called back....or are we out of luck? If days inn just screwed us over.....[insert cruel mean evil thing to be done yet probablly won't because of lazyness here]

The phrase "the block is open" has been uttered in pubic ... might be best to hit the phone in the next half hour.

If they said they would call you back, I'll hold them to that. I'll call up the Days Inn sales folks and follow up with what they're doing over there (among other things to talk about tomorrow).

Hyatt does have a block (very small).

Rates are: Single $259 / Double $284 / Triple $309 / Quad $334

Indeed there are two blocks there, make sure you state that you are reserving inside the "Attendee" block, method of reservation is "individual call in." I do not know when they will open up reservations for August 2008. The other block is reserved through me, and you need to be on a special list to even think about getting on that rooming list. ;)

When speaking of the "Sheraton," please specify which one.

Sheraton Inner Harbor (connected to BCC via Skywalk, located on Charles Street)

Sheraton City Center (located on West Fayette Street, across from The Arena)

I'll be posting a hotel topic that will have all the hotels, rates, cut off dates, etc etc tomorrow or the day after.

The thing is, people reserve rooms now before knowing full plans for Otakon. What happens is, 2 weeks out from the con, they realize they can't go. They drop their reservations, but it is too late to salvage the room block - so you guys are stuck with paying premium rates since the block is closed. This in turn makes Otakon look bad, as people aren't using the room blocks that were originally contracted.

So you folks reserve responsibly. Have fun, enjoy.

the days inn is sold out, there is no use calling except getting put on a waiting list.

To clarify from what I was told about a half-hour ago: the non-block rooms are sold out. However, once the rooms in the block open at some-random-day-and-time-next-week then the fun will begin.

I am waiting on exactly 2 contracts (Days Inn and Sheraton City Center formerly Wyndham). Everything else is set to go.

If it is, why are there's no info yet on the web page? Also, what exactly are the con rates for these hotels?

Prices for the Holiday Inn and the Days Inn skyrocketed this year. Shame, but what can ya do?

Well, if that is the case, I will just try and reserve a room on one of the other near-by hotels.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.