Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NigelsSquire

Eminence Was Amazing!

I just thought they should have their own thread for people to voice how incredible they were.

I enjoyed their performance so much that I found myself wiping tears from my eyes at several points. They were amazing! Thank you so much Otakon for bringing Eminence and Hitoshi Sakimoto to us. Meeting a composer is a rare thing, and I deeply appreciated the chance to shake his hand. That concert truly was one of the very brightest highlights of my year. Oh yes, and I was very glad to see Piano Squall as the MC. He was missed very much last year.

I also want to say what a great job you did scheduling them on Sunday. That actually worked out very well for us. In years past Sunday has often been the wind down day for us, but this year I walked out of their feeling like it was Friday or Saturday.

I also would like to thank Otakon greatly for bringing Eminence and Hitoshi Sakimoto this year, I was able to get their autographs right after the concert. The concert itself was very very awesome and I totally loved it. And, also, I was crying at many parts too, they were that excellent.

My only complaint is too much banter from the MC and Piano Squall, but what can you do.

The concert was absolutely fantastic. I'm SO glad Otakon managed to bring them here. The theme from My Neighbor Totoro had to be the most entertaining bit of it (along with all of the flying sheet music!). :lol:

Yeah, I am really glad that I made an effort to stay for the show on Sunday, that show really was one of the highlight for this con. When Hiroaki Yura corrected the other Terrance MC guy about Beyond the Clouds, I was in denial "no way they're playing that! no way~" And yet there it was...

That said, if you all can go cheer on their forum for us Americans, that'd rock. I think especially for a relatively new operation going international, they can use all the support they can get.

Especially if we want to buy any CDs from them :twisted: It's actually the biggest blessing that they were selling them at the con, because even at $25 a pop it's the easiest and cheapest way to get them short of being a local in Aussie-land-RPG-IwantsomeofthatcrackMrSquall.

They're also shamelessly linking to some of the otakon youtube videos right off their website. LOL.

I could hardly sit down at some points during this concert, I was so happy at some of the music they were pulling out. If I could do somersaults, they would have been done when the Main theme of Odin Sphere was played. I am still buzzed just thinking about it. This made my convention. Me want tour T-Shirt, lol, I'll keep saying that.

Hi guys,

Eminence thanks Otakon for having us. The musicians had a great time performing in front such an ecstatic crowd. I could tell that your cheers really made them enjoy the music even more, which really helps the whole atmosphere of the show. (Really they should've been dead tired from all the flying, organising, concerts and rehearsals in Japan / Australia just days before.. but you guys fixed that ;-) )

And that was just 5 of us. If only we could've brought the whole orchestra hehe...

And definitely, thank you for supporting us by buying our CDs and T-shirts. All of the money goes into creating better concerts in the future, and I hope we can perform for such a great crowd in the USA in the future. We'll have a new website up next month, and we'll be accepting international credit card orders.

And to Michael (Piano Squall), thank you for supporting Eminence and the assistance you provided in getting the concert together.

Regards,

Demetri - Production Manager

Eminence Group

Did everybody notice how QUIET it was while they were playing?

A testament to their skill and presence AND how awestruck we were to have the chance to listen to world-class musicians play something other than the western classics (Rock ME, Amadeus!)

(I did apologize to Squall for the "owned" comment I shouted out when he got corrected after his faux paux on the anime song. heh)

I too enjoyed the concert, and I hope that it is a harbinger of more like it in the future. My one complaint would be that we didn't have a program or anything telling us ahead of time what the exact song list was. But that's relatively minor. It was an absolutely great concert and I'm very glad I attended.

Hi guys,

Eminence thanks Otakon for having us. The musicians had a great time performing in front such an ecstatic crowd. I could tell that your cheers really made them enjoy the music even more, which really helps the whole atmosphere of the show. (Really they should've been dead tired from all the flying, organising, concerts and rehearsals in Japan / Australia just days before.. but you guys fixed that ;-) )

And that was just 5 of us. If only we could've brought the whole orchestra hehe...

And definitely, thank you for supporting us by buying our CDs and T-shirts. All of the money goes into creating better concerts in the future, and I hope we can perform for such a great crowd in the USA in the future. We'll have a new website up next month, and we'll be accepting international credit card orders.

And to Michael (Piano Squall), thank you for supporting Eminence and the assistance you provided in getting the concert together.

Regards,

Demetri - Production Manager

Eminence Group

Thank you so much for posting this! It puts a huge smile on my face to know that you guys enjoyed performing as much as we enjoyed seeing you.

Fantastic news about the international orders on your upcoming website.

Ditto :P

I did apologize to Squall for the "owned" comment I shouted out when he got corrected after his faux paux on the anime song.

Welcome to the USA :(

Aye, Eminence was amazing!

Piano Squall!!

As a staff member, the Eminence concert was the first event at Otakon I've been able to attend since.. Well, actually, since the L'Arc concert in 2004. I enjoyed the concert so thoroughly I'm pushing myself to finally get around to learning an instrument.

I'm really happy that the crowd lived up to the reputation that Otakon has for being a good crowd too. The concert truly surpassed all of my expectations both as a fan and as a staff member!

I'd been wanting to go to a concert like this for a long time, but whenever I'd make the plans, something weird would happen and I'd miss it. Eminence was definitely worth the wait! I sincerely hope that I'll get a chance to see them again at a future Otakon, or elsewhere in the US.

I thought they were absolutely amazing as well!!!

My ONLY complaint is that there wasnt a whole lot of variety...WAY too much from that Romeo X Juliet anime, that I kinda doubt a lot of the people in the audiance were familiar with. Even that though, is very minor, because it was soooo pretty.

Yes, aside from one of the (press?) photographers in about the 5th row center aisle that was taking pictures in burst mode.

There's a difference between "click" and "ClickClickClickClickClick"

wow I was sooo excited to see Emenince live in concert (i didn't even realize they were going to be there until thursday night) I just wish the whole Orchestra could have been there but it was still great with just the five <_<

I thought they were absolutely amazing as well!!!

My ONLY complaint is that there wasnt a whole lot of variety...WAY too much from that Romeo X Juliet anime, that I kinda doubt a lot of the people in the audiance were familiar with. Even that though, is very minor, because it was soooo pretty.

Well, they DID have the composer for that piece (and others) present for the concert, and we were supposed to have tied in with Gonzo -- but the promised video didn't arrive in time and the people who were originally going to come to show it (from Gonzo) weren't able to make it.

So the inclusion of lots of music by one composer from one show was pretty deliberate.

Well, they DID have the composer for that piece (and others) present for the concert, and we were supposed to have tied in with Gonzo -- but the promised video didn't arrive in time and the people who were originally going to come to show it (from Gonzo) weren't able to make it.

So the inclusion of lots of music by one composer from one show was pretty deliberate.

Gonzo/GDH made a concerted effort to work with us -- unfortunately, they found out the hard way that hitting a half-dozen major cons in a few weeks during summer can be amazingly taxing. They're keen to work with us, and tried to get the sample shipped to us in time, but it just didn't happen this year.

I'm sure we'll be working with them again next year, and the planning will take place MUCH sooner. :lol:

Gonzo/GDH made a concerted effort to work with us -- unfortunately, they found out the hard way that hitting a half-dozen major cons in a few weeks during summer can be amazingly taxing. They're keen to work with us, and tried to get the sample shipped to us in time, but it just didn't happen this year.

I'm sure we'll be working with them again next year, and the planning will take place MUCH sooner. :)

So that's what happened to the Gonzo Romeo x Juliet panel?

As my head was pounding during the end of that event (from Hunger I think), I didn't see every minute of the concert. I really enjoyed the concert. I am now enthralled by the music of Romeo X Juliet. I hope this show gets licensed quickly, so I can see it.

Gonzo has Romeo x Juliet.

VIC MONOGOGIANOA!!!!

For America?

Gonzo has Romeo x Juliet.

I think what Meredith meant was that Gonzo was providing RxJ directly to us -- or at least they tried to! -- not that they were the US distro. In fact they don't yet have a US release partner announced.

I have my suspicions about who will be involved, but I really shouldn't discuss them. I tend to overhear a lot of things I probably shouldn't know about.

Everyone, I want to ask you guys for some help. I pretty much video taped... over half of the performance, but I don't know what each song is, where it is from, or who composed it, and in order for me to fully edit my clips, I need to know this information. *yes, I realize i missed the last 7 or 8 songs, gomen...* so... if anyone wants to help me out, give me a message so that I can get some clips to you ;)

Everyone, I want to ask you guys for some help. I pretty much video taped... over half of the performance, but I don't know what each song is, where it is from, or who composed it, and in order for me to fully edit my clips, I need to know this information. *yes, I realize i missed the last 7 or 8 songs, gomen...* so... if anyone wants to help me out, give me a message so that I can get some clips to you :lol:

Everyone, I want to ask you guys for some help. I pretty much video taped... over half of the performance, but I don't know what each song is, where it is from, or who composed it, and in order for me to fully edit my clips, I need to know this information. *yes, I realize i missed the last 7 or 8 songs, gomen...* so... if anyone wants to help me out, give me a message so that I can get some clips to you :D

I know this might sound like a silly question, but did you also tape the introductions and whatnot by the MC? My friend managed to tape about half the concert before his memory stick filled up, but he was also taping the Introductions so there is a partial play list mentioned there on the recording. If no one else with more knowledge than I contacts you, I can see what I can put together...

The first song they played was "Canta Per Me" from Noir (original composer: Yuki Kajiura.)

Sorry--I don't remember any of the others off hand.

[

I only did that for the 40 minute secton I got... all the littler ones that I got in the begining when I couldn't hold my finger long enough, I didn't because I used that time to rest my hand. :(

Yes, aside from one of the (press?) photographers in about the 5th row center aisle that was taking pictures in burst mode.

There's a difference between "click" and "ClickClickClickClickClick"