Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

evaunit01berserk

okay.....can you say idiots?

well i was strolling on youtube and found this little gem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATcqvVpTq78...ted&search=

what the hell is going through these idiots head? they almost caused how many accidents, had a guy pull a gun on them, and now i finally found out why the sheraton city center was so POed in the morning with the con goers.

what the hell is going through these idiots head? they almost caused how many accidents, had a guy pull a gun on them, and now i finally found out why the sheraton city center was so POed in the morning with the con goers.

ok having fun and shouting on the roof. thats ok because some of you may be drunk and its a party. but jumping around in the streets and getting a gun (its baltimore of course) pulled out on you is just being stupid.

I'll never understand how people can do stuff like that and think that they're being "cool". :roll:

Welcome to Baltimore.

Sadly I think most of those people on the roof were actually from out of state. I'm not trying to be racist, but most people in the inner harbor especially at night have better sense than to be yelling and acting obnoxious in the general populace because that draws attention to you and heightens your chances of getting victimized, so I think it was due to the ignorance of some out of towns people that all of this occurred.

Also because of some of them, certain hotels in that area may be less than willing to give good deals to Otakon and it's members next year. So good work jackasses.

Thank goodness I did not stay at an Inner Harbor hotel if that was going on. BWI hotels were relatively quiet (and there were two family reunions going on where I was staying!).

That is also why I usually spend more time outside of the Con than inside whenever I go to Otakon. I cannot stand language or behavior of that kind. The minute I exit the Con and go to the Inner Harbor, I find myself with more decent people with cleaner language. This year, however, was really good with Seki as the guest. My son enjoyed the panels this year and learned so much from a Go player. First time I really spent more time inside the Con than outside of it. Still, I'd avoid people like those in the video. Behavior of that kind gives otaku a very bad image and reputation.

i was on the third floor right outside where they where, i heard yelling but i thought it was from the rave since it started around 2:30-3:00. i didnt know the morons where actually causing traffic hazards and getting guns pulled on them

i was on the third floor right outside where they where, i heard yelling but i thought it was from the rave since it started around 2:30-3:00. i didnt know the morons where actually causing traffic hazards and getting guns pulled on them

Honestly, I'm really surprised that this did happen and that no one called the police. If anyone ever sees this type of thing happening they should tell the hotel and/or call the police or talk to the hotel and have their security folks call the police (as you can also call the front desk from your room).

I'm also very surprised that this occurred and that no one had the thought of picking up their hotel phone and dialing 911 on it and requesting the police to come to the Sheraton City Center immediately, it should be a very quick response time seeing that it's downtown Baltimore and BCPD HQ is just a couple of blocks away. Also as SoraVII said, these morons could possibly jeopardize Otakon's long-standing agreements that they have with hotels and I also agree with the user Maria Tolentino Goldstein in that this sort of behavior casts a very negative view and attitude on Otaku.

Dude, out of state? My bet is that they've never set foot in a city with a population of more than 100,000 people before. They act like first-semester students at NYU that come from the middle of nowhere and turn into club-hopping frat boys.

Anyone with any remote amount of common sense should know better than to draw such negative attention to yourself like that in the middle of the night by provoking random people. Heck, even while drunk, it's not that hard to think "gee, if I mess with the wrong person, I might get shot/stabbed/robbed/etc." o_O;

I really wish that those cars didn't slow down. You don't do that kind of crap in a city setting, you just don't. These people appear to be the biggest hicks ever, drunk/high or not. And people have the nerve to complain when some Baltimore locals frown at Otakon, it's because of douche-bags like these making a bad name for us.

Moral: It only takes 20 stupid people to make the other 20,000 look like morons.

what the hell ever happened to natural selection? i mean geez there half retarded yes but to actually sa. "im putting this on you tube". while your being a retard shows that super retarded.

LOL. omg i was at the sherton south tower, and we opened the window for a bit and heard yelling. we were all like....Ftw?!

Haha..they got a gun on them rofl.

Welll, it is baltimore .

YEAH!! OTAKON!!!

Let's get shot or otherwise in trouble and bring down a media and legal $hitstorm that causes Otakon to have to relocate or be shut down entirely!.

YEAH!! OTAKON!!!

Asshats.

I don't usually mind people going around and spreading a little Otakon Bravado but WTF? That was just childish and stupid. Its like when you were a kid and you accidently hit a car w/ a snowball or something like that and the person caught you. I see these kids never grew up.

Way to make otakon attendants look like ass hats on the net guys.

Ah, so this is what I heard at 3 in the morning. My friends were just coming back from the rave and I was woken up by a lot of people outside yelling WOOO!! YEAH!!!! WOOO!!! YEAHH!!!

Keep in mind I was on the 14th FLOOR of the hotel! Damn they were loud.

I'm actually surprised they actually survived that ordeal and didn’t get shot.

What's worse is that the said buffoons will be back next year, unless someone can help staff put names to the faces & ban them.

O.O So that's what was going on Saturday, because I was kind of drunk that night... >.>;;

But I heard the noises and what not, and my friend was saying that there were some idiots outside our window playing stupid pranks outside. I believe I was on the 5th floor.

.__. I just don't see how it could be amusing when someone could really have gotten hurt.

I mean, I think we were going to call the cops, but I think they dispersed before I could dial the 1.

I wonder how many people who saw this thread were actually people in the video?

Also, to the people spouting off "natural selection" and "Charles Darwin," those concepts don't have any actually connection to this situation unless somehow the people in the video evolved bulletproof skin or something. In other words, you can't genetically inherit being an idiot.

I agree that they're idiots... But I'm also going to say - why didn't anyone call the cops? They could easily be picked up for disturbing the peace, and then at least they'd be shut up for a while x.x

But I mean... wow. The stupidity of some people never ceases to amaze and disturb me. Stupid, loud and annoying... in Baltimore. Good job, n00bz.

What's worse is that the said buffoons will be back next year, unless someone can help staff put names to the faces & ban them.

And now I have faces to match with the obnoxious vocies distrubing my sleep that night...

I thought I had finally said goodbye to all that nonsense when I graduated College. Then I found out many people continue to be absolutely shockingly foolish. Posting that on the web? :shock: It reminds me of those morning caffateria conversations I would hear at College. "Dude, I was so wasted last night I threw up all over myself! It was awesome!" or "I passed out last night and woke up in a strangers bed, hehe, that was like so crazy!" and of course, "...and that was when the dude pulled a gun!"

I am glad to see that other folks find this sort of thing to be... well. stupid is as good a word as any.

Would this have any effect on Otakon's Weapon policy?

Not a good thing at all...I suspect there might be a lot of heated debate between the Otakon Organizers and the Baltimore county reps though...this kinda thing is frankly unacceptable.

Yo, lesson learned, call the cops to report any behavior as such. Plus, just as much fun, if not more, can be had doing things that are not as unacceptable in nature. Please keep this in mind if you are one of the perpetrators of the acts in the video, not to mention, those halls echo a lot, so much so that it sounds like the person is in your room if you are on that floor. Rock and roll, have fun, but don't do it in such a way that it takes away from others, even if they aren't a attendee at a convention.

We've got their room number and the hotel they stayed in, can't someone on Otakon staff contact the hotel to ask whose name was on the room for that weekend? That'll keep at least one of the morons away next year, and with any luck he'll chew out his buddies for getting him banned from the con and maybe they'll get the idea that they shouldn't be doing stupid stuff like this.

Just a thought.

We've got their room number and the hotel they stayed in, can't someone on Otakon staff contact the hotel to ask whose name was on the room for that weekend? That'll keep at least one of the morons away next year, and with any luck he'll chew out his buddies for getting him banned from the con and maybe they'll get the idea that they shouldn't be doing stupid stuff like this.

Just a thought.

Did you see how many people were on that floor? I don't think the hotel will ever give con rates again....and Im sure they are going to call the cops if it ever happens again.

You didnt see any of them screaming or laughing when that guy pulled the gun out.

I see they were doing the "pretend to hold a rope across the street" that I saw on YouTube a few weeks ago. It's not a bad prank to be honest, but Baltimore is not the place for it, especially at night, at Otakon, on a busy street. Also, the drunken antics on the bridge did not help.

Thankfully, Otakon is not responsible for what you do outside of the convention itself. I'm surprised the the large number of conventions around the country that there still has not been anyone who has been arrested for their antics after hours. It's just a matter of time.

the road spike prank is one of the worst types you can pull, any prank that obstructs traffic is a danger, just because theres no cars behind it, what if that person loses control of the car while braking and swerves off the street.

on another note, atomicpuppet seems to think his antics where all "cool and epic". his reply to the people telling him he's an idiot

atomicpuppet (9 hours ago)

It was a blast and we regret nothing. You gotta live life stupid if you want to live it to its full potential. {hey wow we got a gun pulled on us and if someone got shot we would be posting a memorial video instead of our antics video about how our friend got blasted because we where a bunch of fracking idiots}

his blog is the best

Im going to be sombody, your going to see my name on a sign one day. Some where in some time in the future.

Dont forget that :lol:

I think I have just seen the phrase "digging one's own grave..."

And how is that "living life?" I would have thought that he was "begging for death?"

Once a fool, always a fool. And to have a brainless one like that...at this rate the only sign he's gonna have is the one in a cemetary.

I really hope that does not affect otakon in general, outside of it or no. The majority of us...are DEFINITELY not like that fool and his friends.

I prefer living life to "living life stupid".

This person is showing his provincial (country bumpkin) mentality.

Just my opinion, not that of the con.

Source of info.

OH! ok, if you saw water spilled on the floor of the dealers room by the Gaia booth, that was ME!!

I was trying to change a water cooler because I was thirsty and when I put the bottle down on the top of the cooler it slipped off. I tried to not let it hit the ground.

But it did, and flooded the whole area. My bad.

I told my friend, "if this thing falls, were legging it" I had no idea how true that statement was.

So when it fell, busted, and water was flowing all over, I legged it. Me and my friend ran as fast as we could though the crowds.

Eventully we blended in and got outta there. Truly, epic. :lol:

Yeah, thanks for that buddy.

It was crazy! Hurry up and add the video of us almost getting shot!

"Yeah dude! Rock on!" :?

To each his own, but don't ruin it for me.

wow......i never thought this could be the moron that also caused the flood in the dealers room, what a twist! maybe this is our lucky day to remove this idiot from our presence.