Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

evaunit01berserk

okay.....can you say idiots?

Source of info.

OH! ok, if you saw water spilled on the floor of the dealers room by the Gaia booth, that was ME!!

I was trying to change a water cooler because I was thirsty and when I put the bottle down on the top of the cooler it slipped off. I tried to not let it hit the ground.

But it did, and flooded the whole area. My bad.

I told my friend, "if this thing falls, were legging it" I had no idea how true that statement was.

So when it fell, busted, and water was flowing all over, I legged it. Me and my friend ran as fast as we could though the crowds.

Eventully we blended in and got outta there. Truly, epic. :lol:

Yeah, thanks for that buddy.

It was crazy! Hurry up and add the video of us almost getting shot!

This "KeNimation" also violated a Otakon policy of no taping in video rooms, I found a video posted on his blog where if you watch it and at 7:40 you will see a recording of Hello Kitty from a video room.

and its a nice full screen shot too...kinda funny how one video of their antics OUTSIDE of otakon is starting to bring their other antics INSIDE of otakon to light

and its a nice full screen shot too...kinda funny how one video of their antics OUTSIDE of otakon is starting to bring their other antics INSIDE of otakon to light

Justice...will hopefully we served.

I hate to say this, but this is the main reason why each year I am more and more miserable at Otakon. Either I am growing up, or everyone else is becoming more and more immature. I find the majority of people at Otakon to be obnoxious like this. The screaming and yelling late at night outside is enough to piss me off. It's rude and inconsiderate. I don't give a crap if you're excited about Otakon. Not everyone in the entire city needs to hear you scream about it.

And everyone else has said what I wanted about the pranks. ~_~

If I had seen these people doing that, I would have called the cops on them.

I hate to say this, but this is the main reason why each year I am more and more miserable at Otakon. Either I am growing up, or everyone else is becoming more and more immature. I find the majority of people at Otakon to be obnoxious like this.

Let's be fair to the "majority" of the membership. We didn't have 12,000 drunk people rioting in the streets and manhandling 5-gallon water jugs. The vast majority of people at Otakon are quite un-obnoxious, it's just that a few bad eggs choose to 'live life stupid' and endanger the convention's hard-earned goodwill with the city and business owners by confusing solipsism with enlightenedness, cowardice with cunning, and stubbornness with honor. It'll all catch up with them eventually, though hopefully not at Otakon, and hopefully not while bringing other people down with them.

Wow... this is just sad. I was at teh Sheraton on the 14th floor and had no idea this was going on (though i was asleep by 12)

This is also why i like going to conventions in very small groups of like 2 or three people, even though i was a conner the staff still treated me with respect even after this event (mostly cuz i'm very quiet and by myself most of the time, so they probably didnt think i was one of them) I remember going to AWA last year and a bunch of people started acting like jackasses in the nice hotel, made it very hard for the staff to treat us with respect. It only takes a few people to ruin it for everyone...

Let's be fair to the "majority" of the membership. We didn't have 12,000 drunk people rioting in the streets and manhandling 5-gallon water jugs. The vast majority of people at Otakon are quite un-obnoxious, it's just that a few bad eggs choose to 'live life stupid' and endanger the convention's hard-earned goodwill with the city and business owners by confusing solipsism with enlightenedness, cowardice with cunning, and stubbornness with honor. It'll all catch up with them eventually, though hopefully not at Otakon, and hopefully not while bringing other people down with them.

I hate to say this, but this is the main reason why each year I am more and more miserable at Otakon. Either I am growing up, or everyone else is becoming more and more immature. I find the majority of people at Otakon to be obnoxious like this. The screaming and yelling late at night outside is enough to piss me off. It's rude and inconsiderate.

I dunno what I'm getting at though. Lol. There are some things I still find interesting to do at Otakon, but the atmosphere seems to get worse for me each year, and each year I say "This is my last", but then I keep going because I've been going since 2002...and old habits are hard to kick.

ok some stupidness is ok as long as its not dangerous like them one kid who i have no clue who he was never met him before did what i can say is the dumbest thing ive ever seen. let me set this up for you im walking thru the hallway by the video rooms with to of my friends talking at about 4pm on saturday. me im a 6'1 260 pound black guy this kid who i can only discribe as he looked like he could have stared on in the movie super bad. jumps right in front of me a states. "dont trust blacks cause they'll attack" and then he ran away. my 2 friends once they found out what he said wanted to chase him but i was laughing to hard to not because of what he said but the simple fact that he said it to me since we were in Baltimore. most of the the bcc staff and a nice amount of con goers are well black. but he picked probally the one and only person there who would not take offense to it. i mean that had to be the luckiest kid in the world because if he said it to the guys behind or infront of me i think they would have killed him. especially since everyone i tell that to gets very very mad.

I think...when it comes down to it...there is a VERY big problem with the young generation who go to the cons.

The thing is...the foolishness are but one of the the items in a list of things that those kids from that generation has done at this year's Otakon.

Improper paddling with Yaoi paddles.

Various inappropriate actions at the Rave.

Inappropriate actions towards staff and guests

Any other ones?

When is it enough? When will those kids realize that their actions will have negative consequences?

Unfortunately this is not an Otakon problem...it's a socialogy problem...and it may not be solved anytime soon...

Various inappropriate actions at the Rave.

You thought what was going on at the Otakon Rave was inappropriate?

Haha with the exception of a few drunkards that was probably one of the most cool laid-back raves I've ever been in or seen.

:D You have so never been to many Baltimore Nightclubs for Teens or at least not the right ones...orrr wrong ones depending on who you ask.

As long as people can get away with behaving like an ass, then some people will behave like asses. It’s just our nature I guess.

If Otakon were to implement and enforce rules that would, say, ban you from this year’s con for a Friday or Saturday offense and both this year's and next year’s con for a Sunday offence, for stuff like smacking someone with a paddle, then I bet we would see a lot less of this type of behavior.

Totally agree on the first paragraph.

However, we DO ban people for being terminally stupid. We can only address this sort of behavior if we're notified about it in a timely fashion, however. If all people do is complain about it a week or two after the con....well, we can't really stop it and punish the idiots doing it if we aren't notified.

what the hell ever happened to natural selection?

Airbags, batting helmets, foam padding, antiseptic, band-aides, vaccinations, and other forms of science and medicine that would otherwise pick off both the weak and stupid members of the gene pool.

If all people do is complain about it a week or two after the con....

What!? Complaining about things for a few weeks after the con is a major part of the post con experience! Don't deprive me of my enjoyment!

Actually, I was act the con from Thursday evening 'till Sunday afternoon and didn't witness anything that I would term "inappropriate" for an event such as this. Some costumes were a little too revealing, some people were a little too obnoxious.

Has anyone considered that the youtube film may be a hoax?

Someone filmed a bunch of fools on a balcony overlooking the city streets a street down from Otakon and recorded them jumping in front of traffic, a supposed plant car with someone who had a gun, and a large party in one of the rooms where they then proceeded to mess with the elevators. Some things are possible to fake but some things would just deny reason to do.

Has anyone considered that the youtube film may be a hoax?

jim so your saying, even after we got video and written confessions, with ways to find out who this fool is, we can't at least remove him from our presence next year?

Actually, I was act the con from Thursday evening 'till Sunday afternoon and didn't witness anything that I would term "inappropriate" for an event such as this. Some costumes were a little too revealing, some people were a little too obnoxious.

What does that have to do with anything. Otakon is a large convention in a large convention center. There are things to do with Otakon that I didn't know about or didn't see until long after Otakon was over. Just because you didn't witness something, doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Like The Boondocks said,

"The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence."

jim so your saying, even after we got video and written confessions, with ways to find out who this fool is, we can't at least remove him from our presence next year?

No, that's not what I said. We are looking into it on our side.

However, the bad behavior *AT* con, such as paddling, is best dealt with near when it happens. Telling us two weeks later that you spent half the con angry because another member swatted you with a paddle or did something else stupid or dangerous....well, that's something we coudl have fixed THEN if we'd known about it.

Report stuff when it happens -- we can't do much about "yeah, some guy did something I didn't like that was against the rules" reports weeks after the fact.

Report stuff when it happens -- we can't do much about "yeah, some guy did something I didn't like that was against the rules" reports weeks after the fact.

Maybe because it doesn't do anything. By the time you find a staff member who isn't too busy running around to stop and listen to what you're saying, you won't be able to find the person who did it.

And yet, dozens of incidents ARE reported, and acted upon, each year, so I will have to respectfully disagree.

No, that's not what I said. We are looking into it on our side.

However, the bad behavior *AT* con, such as paddling, is best dealt with near when it happens. Telling us two weeks later that you spent half the con angry because another member swatted you with a paddle or did something else stupid or dangerous....well, that's something we coudl have fixed THEN if we'd known about it.

You report things about him/her and tell about the mishaps he/she had be causing. You describe to the staff what he/she looked like, and the negative behavior they were providing. I am sure they would attempt to do what they could, and if, you see this person walking around at another point of time, walk over to another staffer and tell them about your previous attempt to bring him/her "under the watchful eye", and they can see if anything had been done previously.

I think everyone has had a chance to weigh in on this and of course, I think everyone now has a number of ways to deal with a situation like this in the future - i.e. contact the hotel, police, etc. That having been said, I'm going to lock this thread as we are looking into things on our side and we are taking our members comments into consideration as well.