Dealer's Room wishlist(s) for '08.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JAM Project merchandise, especially their new CD and DVD that go on sale August 6th!

peace

I'd love to see a Samurai Champloo boxset. I was supposed to get one for my birthday, but the vendor has put the order on permanent hiatus. D:

I won't have much money to spend, but if I see something from Black Cat or HunterxHunter, I'll probably buy it. And maybe some doujins. :3

My first time to any con, so I have no idea what to expect.

I'd love to see a Samurai Champloo boxset. I was supposed to get one for my birthday, but the vendor has put the order on permanent hiatus. D:

I won't have much money to spend, but if I see something from Black Cat or HunterxHunter, I'll probably buy it. And maybe some doujins. :3

My first time to any con, so I have no idea what to expect.

I'm kinda hoping to see BuyRite, but from what I heard, Otakon didn't let them come back because their business seemed "shady".

Not really who I want to see but I'd love to see alot of magazines, like actual fashion magazines, not just Kera, and the Loli Bible....also that really Cute things table, I'd love them back!

• 2 weeks later...

I think what I'd like to find is CDs (Maybe a few oldschool titles hopefully.), A cool t-shirt or two and I'm always up for model kits.

Hmm, what would I like to find in the D.R. this year...

Black Mokona plushie

An Ouran HSHC or Xxxholic t-shirt or other stuff

A cute t-shirt for my best friend's 'lil future otaku :)

A few anime pins

To find some merchandise of anime series over a few years old in the D.R. this year! One can hope...

Anything Code Geass for me, but if I can leave with a Lancelot figure, I will be beyond happy. I'll probably keep an eye out for Haruhi Suzumiya things too.

And plushes. I need to leave with at least one cute plush. X3

I was looking through past Otakon stuff and I was really wondering what ever happen to my favorite dealer in the dealer's room, BuyriteDVD!? What ever happen to these guys? They weren't at Otakon last year, plus I don't think they will be here this year either. For people who may not know, they were the dealer group that sold the DVD boxsets for $15-30 bucks plus single DVDs for $5. They were amazing to say the least. Anybody know why they stopped coming?

Anything Detective Conan or Detective Loki (I apparently have a thing for pint-sized detectives who are secretly adults)

Hana to Yume Furoku (*.* you can never have enough)

Shinshi Doumei Cross/Arina Tanemura things

Cell phone charms with really stretchy straps (I love ordering off Strapya but my phone is really thick and they usually don't fit >.>")

Big sheets of anime stickers :D

And in artist's alley, I have got to get some specific plush commissioned. ;-; Someone at Animazement was going to do it for me but she never did >.>" They're easy to do! (If you happen to make plushies and are selling them in AA--PM me.)

I'm pretty sure I'll be able to find what I'm looking for ^_^ The dealers' room is huge 0.0

I want to try to find a complete set of Sailor Moon manga (which is starting to become a Holy Grail.....tee hee oh S) and the S series boxset to replace the bery bad bootleg I received for Xmas.

If I can find the Miz CD I want as well, that'd be sweet. I might also buy Emma manga.

This is all theoretically pending on me having spending money. I have come to the past three Otakon on a budget of $50-140 for the whole weekend which all went to food/water.

And it was actually possible to survive the five days I'm there on $50, just really insane budgeting and weeping over things I can't buy that stare me in the face ALL DAY LONG.

Hopefully I can buy things this time around! ^.^

I'm kinda hoping to see BuyRite, but from what I heard, Otakon didn't let them come back because their business seemed "shady".

really? how so?

Seconding wanting Cowboy Bebop art-- specifically in the form of cels. I got an original DBZ cel for like $200+ last year, and oh dear god it was worth every penny.

Also, needz moar Resident Evil airsoft. Last year all they had was the generic S.T.A.R.S. handgun. I'd like Jill's if possible-- but above all else, I'd be the happiest girl in the world if I walked away with Leon's Desert Eagle from RE2, though it's super rare and expensive.

My wish list is:

A pillow case/item of clothing from the guy who does airbrushing(I have a CD case & several prints from him from several different cons)

Anything Wolf's Rain

Saiyuki cards/magnets

Plushie from a series I dont have one for yet

Something from Kyo Kara Maou

Well, there's the usual shirts, wallscrolls, figures, plushies. But this years mission is yaoi: doujinshi, manga, anime, whatever. (Probably more towards the doujinshi, since it is a bit harder to find other places.)

Normally I just get manga but this time I'm going to splurge a bit.

-Kingdom Hearts I or II Final Mix

-Wall scrolls (getting our own place...gotta get something for the walls)

-An Ahiru plushie (in duck form)

-Cat ears

-Not in the Dealer's Room but I want to get a portrait of my fiance and I drawn anime style from the artist alley.

-The DVDs I need to finish Cowboy Bebop

-Witch Hunter Robin Vol. 2

-Probably some geeky T-shirt

And more manga.

I tend to be really picky with my spending. I'm not big into buying DVDs and Manga at the con, I usually go for little collectibles that are harder to find in America like capsule figures and lapel pins. I also like to occasionally buy wall scrolls, but they have to be really good illustrations for me to want one, most of the time they use half-rate commercial illustrations and neglect to use really high quality artists, but that's to be expected of a tie-in product.

So... I've already replied once, but I finally shored up my "This is what I will be looking for, and I won't purchase anything else" list:

- Otakon 2008 t-shirt

- Sailor Jupiter cel (if no one has a good or affordable one, then an Usagi/Sailor Moon one would be okay, too)

- Fushigi Yuugi cel (hopefully Hotohori, but we'll see)

- Something Vincent Valentine <3

- The hardcover edition of The Last Unicorn that Peter S. Beagle will have at his booth, and some of the concept art prints if there are any left

Or, if I find it early enough in my shopping adventure, a cel from The Last Unicorn. I specify finding it early, because it will be very expensive, and if I buy it then my entire budget will be gone. ...But it is so worth it.

/fangirl mode off, resume moderator mode

Dealers Room Wishlist is kind of hard for me, since I go to several cons a year. I do hope to find an affordable art cell, but I haven't found one yet for under $200 that interests me. I do hope to get:

-Volumes 5 and 6 of Death Note

-Rest of Witchblade Vol. 5 and 6

-Black Lagoon Vol. 2 and 3

-Maybe get a convention membership or two, but there seems to be almost no conventions there.

I think alot of my money will really go towards getting good art from the art show and artist alley.

I would like to find some old Slayers Stuff IE>> Wallscrolls, Artwork. Hmm, Cool Cyber Goggles would be fun. Ive never been to Otakon b4. Im excited to see what is there. <_<

Since I have grabby Tenipuri hands, I'll probably buy anything that has to do with the musicals, the 40.5 fanbook, and some doujins.

(a Hyoutei or a Rikkai uniform would be nice too).

Is it possible to find Slayers Stuff at Otakon?

Dunno if I already posted here before, but as of now my Otafund isn't going to be as much as I wanted to due to unexpected expenses for else. Other than that, I shouls still be able to get what I want this year, including the latest in Busou Shinki technology, hehe. DVD wise, I still have some catching up to do, but the Code Geass vol.1 LE is high on thy "to buy" list if the price is right. Also, the Nadia Tin, the Princess Tutu thinpak, and a couple of classics featuring Angora Deb I shall be hunting for.

One question though. Any confirmation on who got the industry booths, and if so, can you reveal them?

Dealers Room wishlist:

- Gravitation box set.

- Revolutionary Girl Utena manga.

- Sailor Moon SD keychains (I got 2 really cheap in 06')

- J-rock dvds/cds/cd singles.

- J-rock photobooks.

- White kitty hat

- Final Fantasy merch.

Let's hope my budget allows for most of this *le sigh*.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.